[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this kino actually good or nah? DCfags need not reply
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 21
Is this kino actually good or nah? DCfags need not reply
>>
Its pretty meh
>>
>>69948053
It's a good action movie but it's not "kino"

Action kino would be something like dredd or the raid
>>
I'd give it a 9/10 but I'm admittedly a big Captain America fan
>>
Some decent action at times, but for the most part it's drowned out by shallow drama.
>>
6/10 tops
>>
>>69948053
It's entertaining. If you can avoid paying the outrageous ticket price, then do it.
>>
>>69948053
no
>>
>>69948366
>tfw live in central PA and matinee is 7 bucks
>>
>>69948300
That's about right for me, too.
>>
>>69948090
This. It's above average, but that's all.
>>
>>69948053
8/10, it's pretty good.
>>
Excellent flick, decent movie
>>
It's awful. Black Panther and Spider-Man are the only highlights.
>>
I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a Bucky mask. Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.

If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.
>>
Better ask the negro, don't trust fanboys.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435036/captain-america-superheroes-dumbed-down?target=author&tid=1152026
>>
File: 1480596348_a93bddae2c.jpg (120 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1480596348_a93bddae2c.jpg
120 KB, 500x375
>>69948786
>>69948786
Excuse me, waiter? This pasta is moldy!
>>
>>69948929
It's delicious as always.
>>
>>69949237
Funny because Marvel donated 1 million dollars to Trump's campaign.
>>
File: 1428288474881.png (111 KB, 300x333) Image search: [Google]
1428288474881.png
111 KB, 300x333
>>69949237
>breaks
>>
X-Men Apocalypse is better than this marvel fight gang shit
>>
>>69948053
when it comes to Marvel always remove 20% of the percentage to get the more realistic score
>>
>>69950240
>JLaw Mystique jerk off at an historical high
>Mystique is almost always without make up for some reason
>complete miscast of absolutely everyone aside from McAvoy and Fassbender, and Fassbender phoned in this one
>way too much action
>Magneto's wife that it's basically a plot-device has more character development and lines than Psylocke
>Jean is able to use Phoenix force when she's like 18 and is more powerful than her 30 year old counterpart in X-Men 2
>Apocalypse has absolutely no presence, completely wasted Oscar Isaac
>the fact that the X-Men struggled to defeat Toad and now their teenage counterparts defeat fucking Apocalypse
>Havok gets cucked into irrelevancy and into a pointless death
>DOFP ending with Stryker having yellow eyes, implying that's Mystique, gets completely ignored
>Wolverine cameo it's just there to say ''Wolverine is in the movie!''
>Jubilee gets like 30 seconds of screentime and DOESN'T USE ANY OF HER POWERS

Fuck you that movie was fucking garbage.
>>
File: 143023373403.png (514 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
143023373403.png
514 KB, 582x600
>>69950504
When it comes to DC, always remove 27% of the percentage to get the actual score.
>>
File: image.png (276 KB, 479x468) Image search: [Google]
image.png
276 KB, 479x468
>>69948053
It had shitty pacing. Spider-Man was fun, but it should have stuck with the Bond/Bourne-style thriller rather than going full super retard.
>>
>>69952098
>full super retard
No reddit-speak allowed here.
>>
>>69949401
Not exactly, it was for veterans I think. But that didn't stop people having a temper tantrum and asking for the CEO's head to roll.
>>
>>69948053
It's TWS 2 with Iron Man as the villain and an Avengers fight scene. This is what you either love or hate it for.

The way the ultimate Cap vs Tony fight ended was kino though. There's a clear winner, justice triumphed, and Zemo's plot is foiled by Steve forgiving Tony, not just the fight.
>>
Are we supposed to forget that the Ross guy who was supposed to oversee the Avenges was a shady as fuck general in the Hulk movie?
>>
>>69948053
It's enjoyable but you won't want to watch it again. If you liked Avengers/Winter Soldier you'll like this.
>>
File: image.jpg (551 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
551 KB, 1280x1280
>>69948053
>>
>>69952335
We're supposed to forget a lot of things, anon. A. Lot.
>>
Cap 3 is glorious.
>>
I went to go see this in the cinema and i thought it was kinda good. i mean better than anything out right now.

i understand these movies aren't for everyone, but i feel that some of you are very stubborn and don't want to like it or are stopping yourself from liking this movie because it being popular. and it's just a fad to hate things that normies like so you don't want others seeing you give it any hint of enjoyment
>>
>>69952413
HAHAHAHAHAHA BTFO
>>
>>69948428
7 dollars for matinee in central PA? I live in an actual city and matinee is $5.50 half price tickets.

>>69948053
Good movie, Russo brothers aren't afraid to have boring parts to flesh out ideas/characters and it's the only superhero movie to date where there isn't some big bad villain the good guys have to beat up at the end.
>>
I really enjoyed it. It had some absolute kino moments, like when Tony found out Bucky killed his mum. Great acting in that scene.
>>
>>69952335
Of course he's shady, he's supposed to be. He's gonna be Red Hulk if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>69952335
No. You're supposed to remember it and have a smug sense of satisfaction that the guy from the unwanted bastard Hulk movie reprised a role 8 years later reinforcing its relevance and your fanboyism.
>>
>>69948053
meh
>>
>>69952375
I've already seen it twice.
>>
>>69952375
I loved Avengers (both of them) and Winter Soldier but I was actually really disappointed in this one.
>>
>>69954339
That's interesting, why is that?
>>
>>69954422
It has some interesting moments and is pretty damn well paced but there isn't much more I can say that I liked about it aside from the acting and Spider-Man. There are some incredible performances delivered with such conviction that (along with the film's decidedly more 'mature' and 'serious' tone) that it can be easy to overlook the poorly written story and characters.

The Accords should have been a big deal but they end up being just a poorly conceived plot device. The conflicts are superficially interesting but when you actually think about any of the motives behind them, it sort of falls apart since the key characters don't really act as you'd have expected them to considering their portrayal in all the previous films.

The ending also falls completely flat for me. Steve and Tony go from nearly trying to kill each other to "Hey if you need me call me" at the drop of a hat. And then to make things even worse, after all Steve did to to save Bucky and clear his name, they just put him back on ice.

The cinematography was a major let down too and it doesn't do justice to what's some terrific choreography. Too much shaky cam, too many quick cuts, and it was all way too up close. The hand to hand was phenomenal but the way things were sped up in post made it look very unnatural. It's just a very bland movie to look at and visually there's very rarely anything to exciting going on.

All in all it's an entertaining movie but it was a few steps back from Winter Soldier. It's really made me question the Russo's ability to handle Infinity War.
>>
>>69954862
At least Bucky didn't end up "on ice" instead like everyone but Cap wanted in the opening. That at least made the efforts worth it to a point.

>All in all it's an entertaining movie but it was a few steps back from Winter Soldier. It's really made me question the Russo's ability to handle Infinity War.
Also, different anon, but I feel mostly the same way. It felt solid, but it was also a step back from Winter Soldier for me for much the same reasons. I did think it was much better than AoU however, so I'm still hopeful for their handling of a proper Avengers outing with this experience.
>>
>>69954862
>The Accords should have been a big deal
Why? I mean they're already why Iron Man and Cap are on different sides.

>the key characters don't really act as you'd have expected them to considering their portrayal in all the previous films
I thought everyone acted as expected, could you list some characters and what was wrong about their actions in CW because of specific actions in their previous movies?

>The ending also falls completely flat for me.
Well Bucky is alive and Cap beat Zemo by forgiving Tony since he only acted because of Cap's mistake. Cap got everything he wanted.

>It's really made me question the Russo's ability to handle Infinity War.
Then you've completely lost me because they juggled several established characters, introduced new heroes extremely well, and even had character development for the tertiary characters.
>>
>>69955155
Not him, but here's a few of mine:

How in the name of Zeus's butthole could Zemo, a guy acting on his own with limited resources, know that Tony Stark, billionaire and the world's foremost technological genius, owner of a vast corporate empire employing some of the finest engineers, computer experts, and research scientists on the planet, hadn't already decrypted that information himself?

Why hadn't Tony, the living embodiment of "knowledge equals power," already tasked either himself or trusted staff members with decrypting the leaked files?

Why hadn't Steve, the straightest-shooting, most no-nonsense member of the team, the very man who chided Tony for not being forthright with his teammates in AoU, taken a free moment to break it to Tony gently that Hydra was somehow involved in his parents' "accident" and to enlist his aid in bringing in Bucky?

Knowing that Hydra was involved and that Natasha had just leaked all of SHIELD'S and Hydra's files and having read Shield's/Hydra's dossier on Bucky, how could Steve not see that going to Tony with what he knew and suspected would defuse a volatile situation exactly like what ended up occurring?

How are we supposed to think that Rhodey's injury is a big deal when we saw Stark tech + vibranium = the ability to construct a complete artificial being(the Vision) with a neural network sufficiently lifelike for the Scarlet Witch to read its thoughts?

All of these questions have the same answers:

Plot-driven characterization and a cynical underestimation of the target audience's intelligence and a spot-on judgement of how willingly fans will either choose to either rationalize or not think about these discrepancies.
>>
>>69955457
I replied to this post the last time you made it. You're edits don't help much.

The decrypted files don't change anything about the plot of Civil War, they don't contain proof that Bucky killed the Starks, that's why Zemo needed to VHS tape.

Steve says in narration why he didn't tell Tony. Why would Steve tell Tony about Bucky in order to ask for Tony's help in bringing Bucky in? That makes no sense, it's piss Tony off. Which, more or less, is why Steve didn't do it. Which he explains to Tony/the audience.

What on Earth do you think Steve suspected and should have told Tony? Steve suspects nothing, and again the leaked files from TWS have no affect on Steve or Tony's actions. Encypted or not.

The cradle from AoU wasn't Stark tech and Helen Cho can't make it print entire bodies without the Mind Stone brain upgrade Ultron temporarily gave her. This is laid out in AoU pretty clearly.

Your expanded spoiler is even worse than last time, just make your points more clearly and don't try to be a snobby asshole at the end of your post.
>>
>>69955794
>You're edits
We both should have edited more it seems.
>>
>>69955155
>I thought everyone acted as expected, could you list some characters and what was wrong about their actions in CW because of specific actions in their previous movies?
Sure, the three that acted most out of character to me were Tony, Natasha, and Steve.

In almost every movie leading up to this one Tony Stark has taken pretty strong anti-government stances and has shown a huge mistrust of bureaucracy. He's also been established as not wanting the government to have control over him or his tech. Now at the flip of a switch he's ready to give all control over himself and The Avengers to a UN Panel. It's such a drastic change of heart that comes out of nowhere with no real motive or precedent behind it.

The Winter Soldier basically ended with Black Widow saying "screw you" and walking out on a congressional panel trying to hold her responsible for her past. Again out of nowhere here comes the sudden reversal. There was no real reason for her to sign the Accords at all. There were several very good reasons they could have given her to sign it but in the end they gave her absolutely no real motivation to sign it other than to create more drama and conflict. I also couldn't believe for a second that she'd actually walk into battle against Clint and Steve. It's just not who she is at this point.

This person >>69955457 highlighted several of my issues with Steve (and everything else) pretty well. Cap took the path of greatest resistance and his fierce mistrust of Tony was just stupid. Even when Sam suggest filling Tony in on everything Steve just brushes it off and says Tony would never believe him.
>>
>>69948053
It was mediocre, but that's what passes for good when it comes to Marvel movies.
>>
>It's a marvlets pretend their flicks have substance episode

wew
>>
File: fast and furious 6.jpg (91 KB, 753x222) Image search: [Google]
fast and furious 6.jpg
91 KB, 753x222
>>69948053
CAR KINO
>>
>>69955934
capeshit never has any substance. Except maybe Watchmen, but that's entirely on the source material.
>>
>>69955794
>The decrypted files don't change anything about the plot of Civil War, they don't contain proof that Bucky killed the Starks, that's why Zemo needed to VHS tape.

Which would mean that he tracked down that Hydra operative on what, a whim that just so happened to pay off? Man, what a lucky break that turned out to be!

>Steve says in narration why he didn't tell Tony. Why would Steve tell Tony about Bucky in order to ask for Tony's help in bringing Bucky in? That makes no sense, it's piss Tony off. Which, more or less, is why Steve didn't do it. Which he explains to Tony/the audience.

So I guess he spent all that time between TWS, AoU, and CW doing what with that information, exactly? Zola flashed it all up there and heavily implied that Hydra and Bucky were involved in the Starks' deaths back in TWS. If the audience caught it, I think it's safe to assume that we were intended to think Steve caught it, too. Having him sit on that information all that time is stupid, and just because they make a half-assed attempt to explain why he did, it doesn't automatically make it believable.

>What on Earth do you think Steve suspected and should have told Tony? Steve suspects nothing, and again the leaked files from TWS have no affect on Steve or Tony's actions. Encypted or not.
See above. Also the dossier Steve got about Bucky and the warning that "it's not pretty."
>>
>>69955871
>It's such a drastic change of heart that comes out of nowhere with no real motive or precedent behind it.
Literally the dumbest thing I've read today. Very clearly noted in AoU is how he needs oversight and he comes to terms with how much of an arrogant fuckup he's been for years when he creates a world ending being. That alone would be enough, but they tossed in another tipping point when in an even more emotionally vulnerable state he's confronted with an actual face of someone whose life he has completely ruined by this arrogance. This scene is obviously to fill in the blanks people just jumping in would have, or people who have terrible memory.

He also doesn't give total control. The whole point of the accords are to just give a layer of oversight such that these things don't happen as sloppy as they have. It also shifts the blame off him some so he can feel better about himself, further feeding the ego that's been there day one.

tl;dr Tony's still Tony.
>>
>>69955871
>Tony
I know that IM2 Senate scene really sticks in people's minds, but that's also the movie where Tony gives a suit to the Air Force because he knows he can't fight every battle alone and dangerous people can make his technology. By Avengers he is literally a team player, even if he doesn't fully trust SHIELD.

Then Iron Man 3 (creating your own enemies) and Age of Ultron (literally creating your own enemies) happen. The speech when Tony comes home in IM1 is all about accountability.

>Natasha
In TWS she talks about not having many allies because of the spy game. After SHIELD fell, she just had the Avengers. If the Avengers fall, she has no one. You know what one word Ross said that made Nat want to sign? "Retirement." She's got too much red in her ledger (TWS) to not have a group that has her back. She was willing to retire in AoU when she had a Hulk watching her back, someone she says doesn't want to fight because he knows he'll win. It's easier to tell the US government to fuck off when you have the Avengers or a Hulk at your back. By CW because even some people signed, she looses that safety net so she has to play ball. She still ultimately sides with Steve.

>Steve
He's not perfect, he's got some green in his blue eyes. After the first action sequence, Steve tells Wanda he gets distracted by Bucky. Cap was never was a blind rule following stooge either, his first mission in WWII wasn't a mission but a direct violation of orders to save POWs. At the end of CW he's also acting in violation of the rules to save POWs. And TWS happens, where Cap learns that the people in charge might not have the entire world's best interests at heart. Not to say the UN is Hydra, but he lays out clearly that there's too much politics involved in the Accords. It's not that his team is perfect, but the safest hands are still their own. All of that sounds exactly like the Captain America and Steve Rogers presented in his 4 movie appearances before CW.
>>
>>69955794
>>69956193

>The cradle from AoU wasn't Stark tech and Helen Cho can't make it print entire bodies without the Mind Stone brain upgrade Ultron temporarily gave her. This is laid out in AoU pretty clearly.
If the cradle in Stark's Avengers HQ building isn't Starks, then whose is it? Didn't Cho work for him? If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I never got the impression she was under anyone else's employ but Stark's. The Mind Stone is still very much in circulation. It's not inconceivable that the super-intelligent artificial being currently in possession of it couldn't interface with another cradle. They built one once, Ultron figured it out once, and the Vision's supposedly at least as intelligent as he is.

Also, if my pointing out when some snobby assholes write half-assed bullshit and pass it off on the public smug in their belief that the public will either ignore the inconsistencies, or worse, rationalize them through their fanboy goggles, it's not me you should be thinking of as the snobby asshole.
>>
>>69955871
>>69956224
On the Tony note, Tony and Ross are antagonistic even before the airport scene. Tony, like Black Widow the super spy, is trying to keep one hand on the wheel.
>>
>>69956193
Why would Tony or Steve having decrypted the BW files mean they'd go hunt down every individual ex-Hydra guy? That's what you're implying, that Steve or Tony should have gotten to that guy first when really they have bigger fish to fry. That shit is what the military/cops/FBI is for.

Since finding out in TWS, Cap kept it a secret from Tony. That's what the movie implies. You just seem upset at that but haven't explained why it's a bad thing. Why does it being two years later suddenly make it such an inexcusable thing that Steve wouldn't tell Tony? It's wrong not to tell Tony, the movies takes this stance, even Steve takes this stance. But it seems like on top of that, that two year duration makes Cap out of character. Bucky compromises Cap's Capness, Steve says this directly to Wanda after the opening action scenes in Lagos.

Anyone that knew Bucky was TWS knew he did things that "weren't pretty." See above, the movie and Steve say Cap was wrong to withhold the whole truth from Tony. Bucky compromises Steve, just like in TFA when Cap only defies the chain of command because he thinks Bucky is one of the POWs.
>>
>>69956357
>If the cradle in Stark's Avengers HQ
That's not the cradle, the cradle is in Korea

>then whose is it?
Cho's

>Didn't Cho work for him?
No.

>but I never got the impression she was under anyone else's employ but Stark's
She talks about her biomedical technology vs Tony's mechanical technology. She's based in Korea, that's where her lab, the real cradle, and where she lives is. When does the movie imply any of those are related to Stark? You're making that connection just because she was healing Hawkeye, but that doesn't mean Stark is her boss or owns her machines/tech. She's a work for hire.

>It's not inconceivable that the super-intelligent artificial being currently in possession of it couldn't interface with another cradle.
What? No, you use the stone to give someone super smarts. We see this in both Avengers movies. Helen Cho needs to be brainwashed with the stone to use the cradle like that again, and I'm not sure Vision even can use the stone that way. It's not like Vision or the stone itself know how to make life cradles, it's the intelligence given to Cho. Ultron didn't figure it out, Cho+stone did.

You're an asshole because you're started with the tone that you're absolutely correct and the answers you'll get couldn't possibly answer your questions, but they have to be bullshit concocted by fanboys. If it was bantz it'd be one thing, but you're just asking questions you don't want answered.
>>
>>69956224
>Very clearly noted in AoU is how he needs oversight and he comes to terms with how much of an arrogant fuckup he's been for years when he creates a world ending being.
I think everyone else could agree he needs oversight but Tony has clearly disagreed on that, now he's trumpeting it.

>He also doesn't give total control. The whole point of the accords are to just give a layer of oversight such that these things don't happen as sloppy as they have.
More than just oversight, the UN would dictate if and when the Avengers go into action. That's hell of a lot of control.

>>69956320
>Tony
Tony's accountability has always been to himself, never to anyone else. And he didn't GIVE the suit to the Air Force, Rhodey took it, which he was only able to due since Tony trusted him enough to have it. It wasn't about trusting the Government, it was about trusting his friend. The same guy who hacked the Pentagon on a dare, who hacked and decrypted SHIELD's files, and who told the Government to stick it was now waving the flag for what was an absolutely terrible deal that would took away any agency they as The Avengers.

>Natasha
And it would have been great if they'd actually addressed that, but they never do. Everyone gets to have a piece and say why they're for or against it but her argument for it is pretty weak. That's why I said there were clear ways to write her as being for it, but they failed to do so and don't give her any real motivation.

>Steve
I completely understand why Steve is against the Accords, that's not where my problem is. My problem is how quickly he is to mistrust his friends and how eager he is to take the path of greatest resistance. Disagreeing is one thing, rallying up a bunch of people to go into battle against your friends is another.

I think another film was needed before they should have done Civil War. I think the characters hadn't quite made the journey they needed in order for them be where the story here wants them to be.
>>
>>69956536
>Since finding out in TWS, Cap kept it a secret from Tony. That's what the movie implies. You just seem upset at that but haven't explained why it's a bad thing.
Cap's supposed to be a better judge of character than that. He's a leader and a tactician. That's supposed to mean that he's able to see a little further around the corner than the people around him. Knowing what he knows pales in comparison to what he doesn't know - what's in those encrypted files. Not knowing that coupled with the very real possibility that Tony could already be looking into decrypting them himself or choose to start at any time, means that Tony's a ticking time bomb that Steve paradoxically chooses not to defuse.

Steve's supposed to be the wise old man of the group, the guy whose integrity and wisdom see everyone else through. Not sharing what he knows with Tony is him voluntarily opening himself up to looking deceitful to the very person he should most fear going rogue and tearing off after Bucky himself, the same person we've seen him take to task over keeping secrets and acting unilaterally in the past. It makes Steve look like not only a liar, but a hypocrite as well.

That's why it's a bad thing.
>>
>>69956793
>She talks about her biomedical technology vs Tony's mechanical technology. She's based in Korea, that's where her lab, the real cradle, and where she lives is. When does the movie imply any of those are related to Stark? You're making that connection just because she was healing Hawkeye, but that doesn't mean Stark is her boss or owns her machines/tech. She's a work for hire.
Understood, but how does it not being Stark's make it any less of an option, really?

>What? No, you use the stone to give someone super smarts. We see this in both Avengers movies. Helen Cho needs to be brainwashed with the stone to use the cradle like that again, and I'm not sure Vision even can use the stone that way. It's not like Vision or the stone itself know how to make life cradles, it's the intelligence given to Cho. Ultron didn't figure it out, Cho+stone did.
Where is the stone shown boosting her intelligence? I've seen it twice and never got that impression. Also, from what I remember, it's only after the stone's freed from Loki's scepter and placed into the cradle that the Vision begins to take on his fleshed out form.

>You're an asshole because you're started with the tone that you're absolutely correct and the answers you'll get couldn't possibly answer your questions, but they have to be bullshit concocted by fanboys. If it was bantz it'd be one thing, but you're just asking questions you don't want answered.
And it is my contention that you can answer some, but not all of them.

Notice how I haven't called you an asshole for it?
>>
>>69956835
As Nick Fury reminds Tony and the audience, you can't just take an Iron Man suit. As IM3 further reveals, they have to be "coded" to people. Tony gave the suit to Rhodey who is the face of the military/air force in the Iron Man movies. It doesn't have to be a jump straight from that to the Accords, because there were 3 more movies with Iron Man in them.

BW wanting to control a situation from inside is exactly what she does. That's what being a spy is for her, like in IM2 and Avengers. Don't forget, at some point she joined SHIELD which is basically the Avengers but bigger and with more government oversight. Substitute the World Security Console for the UN Accords panel and they're basically the same. You even have Tony Stark/Nick Fury playing ball with the higher ups but ultimately doing things his own way. Why didn't you address anything I said about her retirement as set up in previous movies? BW is the on character that asks Ross what the consequences are and he responds with a word said and talked about by one character more than any other in the MCU, Black Widow. Specifically, she mentions it in her two latest movies before CW.

Cap trusts Falcon, Bucky, Sharon, etc. He trusts Team Cap. I don't know how you're trying to say he simply "mistrusts his friends." Those people he mistrusts had signed a UN charter that they would oppose Cap's current position. Even before that, Cap is getting ready to sign the Accords but Tony reveals he put Wanda under unofficial house arrest. Right there, as Steve says directly in dialogue to Tony/the audience, any time he thinks he can trust Tony there's always some other angle Tony is working.

Cap isn't going gung-ho into battle. Compromise where you can. And where you can't, don't. Just like he did in TFA and TWS. What part of this is consistent with the MCU?

And Cap assembled a team to go fight 5 Winter Soldiers, not Iron Man's team.
>>
>>69956928
What part of "Bucky compromises Cap" do you not understand?

>>69957092
>Understood, but how does it not being Stark's make it any less of an option, really?
Sorry, that wasn't in support of my argument. I was just correcting you on relatively minor details. I've got the rawtism.

>Where is the stone shown boosting her intelligence?
She says she couldn't print bodies before. After the intro scene, Tony implies Strucker's work was beyond what he was capable of. You see the mind boost with Hawkeye and Selvig in Avengers. It's the blue eye glowing thing.

Look, you very clearly were being smug and derisive in the original post's spoiler and more so of possible answers in your last one before this. Don't posture this into me being the one who thinks themselves superior just because I called you out on something. Calling an asshole an asshole doesn't make me an asshole.
>>
>>69957382
>What part of "Bucky compromises Cap" do you not understand?
That's the part that doesn't hold up. It can't eternally be his Achilles' heel. Two years is a long time to sit on information that could blow up in your face at any minute. I lost a friend that way once, but then again, I'm not Cap.

>She says she couldn't print bodies before. After the intro scene, Tony implies Strucker's work was beyond what he was capable of. You see the mind boost with Hawkeye and Selvig in Avengers. It's the blue eye glowing thing.
Right, and the Vision says he doesn't know how the stone works. My bet is that he'll figure it out and be instrumental in healing Rhodey somewhere down the road, or Tony will just cobble together some sort of nerve-interfacing tech. My original point is that it's pathos we're supposed to take as the serious consequences of their airport battle when all the pieces for the fix are already laying around in one form or another. We see him walking by the end of the same film, for crying out loud. It's like they're afraid to even let that be a lingering consequence.

My spoiler stands. You've provided some answers, granted, but you're also equally willing to rationalize out-of-character behavior, so at best, I'm only partially an asshole. Maybe we can meet in the middle in that regard.
>>
>>69952413
>sponsored tomatometer
and then people dare say Disney doesn't pay reviewers
>>
>>69948053
The opinion of thousands of level headed individuals is right there in your pic, why are you asking a couple retards on /tv/?
>>
>>69957235
>As Nick Fury reminds Tony and the audience, you can't just take an Iron Man suit. As IM3 further reveals, they have to be "coded" to people
It was also stated in Iron Man 2 that Tony was allowed Rhodey to have access to it.
>Tony gave the suit to Rhodey who is the face of the military/air force in the Iron Man movies.
Tony gave him the suit Rhodey is his best friend and had saved his life, it had nothing to do with Rhodey being in the military.
> because there were 3 more movies with Iron Man in them.
Two of which distinctly show Tony not trusting Governments agencies and the like.
>Substitute the World Security Console for the UN Accords panel and they're basically the same.
Yeah and they all saw how well that turned out last time.
>Specifically, she mentions it in her two latest movies before CW.
It's not mentioned at all in Winter Soldier and it's only briefly mentioned in the context of running away with Banner. It feels like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here since there's not much to it at all.
>I don't know how you're trying to say he simply "mistrusts his friends."
Tony was Steve's friend too. Even Sam tells Steve he should let Tony know what's going on but he completely dismisses it and says that Tony would never believe him.
>Cap is getting ready to sign the Accords but Tony reveals he put Wanda under unofficial house arrest.
>Cap isn't going gung-ho into battle. Compromise where you can. And where you can't, don't.
The problem was that he was looking for any and every reason to not compromise or even discuss anything. He's about to sign then hears about Wanda. Instead of actually sitting down with Tony and talking things out, trying to actually work towards a compromise, he walks out. There's a severe lack of communication between them and Steve actively avoids any real dialogue with Tony.
>>
>>69957696
>rationalize out-of-character behavior
I provided specific examples from prior movies that explains character behaviors. That isn't "rationalizing," it's providing examples.

Since Captain America's first action against Hydra in WWII, he's been swayed by emotion when it comes to Bucky. That is a fact in TFA and TWS, so it'd be inconsistent of Bucky not to affect Cap like that in CW.

Your spoiler can't stand because it pertained to every question having the same answer, if my own answers counted to you for any of those questions then the spoiler is wrong.

We can meet in the middle and say I'm an asshole too though.
>>
File: killme.jpg (44 KB, 650x601) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
44 KB, 650x601
If you're a fan of Captain America, if you were excited at the potential of the MCU 8 years ago when Iron Man came out, then I would say this movie is an 8 or 9/10. If you dont really like those things its a 7/10 overall just on its and and as a sequel to the Winter Soldier. Great movie but because its very popular /tv/ will tell you otherwise. What you need to use as your true indicator was how many threads about it were there on its release and before? Remember when Spider-Man was revealed and this entire board was Spider-Man discussion? Thats how you know everyone here likes it. But its weird at the same time, they have to pretend to be contrarian about it, its kinda cute.
>>
>>69954862
No the motivations and characters are why I liked it. Im sure if you actually went into detail with each character you would be full of shit. I've seen people say this in these kinds of threads so many times now and they just keep reiterating the same points.
>>
How do Superhero movies get rated so high? They're good action flicks but severely lack depth. Compare this with good indie or experimental movies that get critiqued so hard.
>>
>>69958059
>Ax
Real subtle, Axel Braun.
>>
File: 1463963952300.png (420 KB, 627x653) Image search: [Google]
1463963952300.png
420 KB, 627x653
>>69957699
>>
No, but it's a great 3 1/2 star film.

Having a Civil War in the context of Infinity Gauntlet doesn't work well.
>>
>>69958059
You're gonna catch shit for this, but you're absolutely right. Day 1 4chan consensus is far more accurate than week 3's.

Guardians of the Galaxy, for example, had virtually no negativity from /tv/ for about three days. I figured that was consensus enough and watched it. Sure enough it was good.
Now it's just MEME OFF: the movie.
>>
>>69958107
Because they are really solid and entertaining. If you have high standards and everything you watch needs an incredibly amount of depth then enjoy that but most people do not agree with you and not everything needs to be that. If something does what it sets out to well then its good, complaining that it lacked depth isn't a problem unless there is nothing behind any character even on the surface level and you're not interested in anything happening. No doubt you will probably say thats how you feel watching superhero movies but thats simply not how most people feel.
>>
>>69958156
I remember when GotG came out and there was a thread that said "can we discuss this before /tv/ starts hating it?"
>>
>>69958107
advertising dollars
>>
>>69958107
because these are blockbuster movies my man, not high art.
>>
>>69958107
Because you don't understand how Rotten Tomatoes works. It doesn't average the scores it collects to reach that number, every review has to give an answer on a binary scale (good/bad) and the percentage is the percentage of critics that gave it a good or a score over half
>>
>>69954158
You're sick in the head, anon.
>>
>>69957930
>It was also stated in Iron Man 2 that Tony was allowed Rhodey to have access to it.
That's my point.

>it had nothing to do with Rhodey being in the military.
Well not nothing, you can't say it had nothing to do with Rhodey being in the air force. It is an example of Tony giving a suit to someone that would have to follow orders other than his own.

>Two of which distinctly show Tony not trusting Governments agencies and the like.
Yes because Tony's stance in Civil War is the culmination. Just because it's the furthest he's gone trusting governments doesn't make it inconsistent. A.I.M. is not a government agency. And Tony is still acting as a middle man between Steve and Ross during CW, he's not Ross's whipping boy.

>Yeah and they all saw how well that turned out last time.
And Tony has seen how well working without any oversight works for him.

>It's not mentioned at all in Winter Soldier
You're right, I was confusing her line about spies not having friends while driving to Cap's old army base and Pierce asking her if she was ready for her past to be exposed with her fearing retirement. While those themes are there, what I said about the specific word was wrong.

>Tony was Steve's friend too.
And he had every reason to not trust him with the Bucky mission. You've got the Steve and Sam scene backwards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4UF1OFAc_g

>The problem was that he was looking for any and every reason to not compromise or even discuss anything.
Steve tries to bring up the 5 other super soldiers at the airport, Tony is the one who dismisses him. Why wouldn't he walk out on Tony after hearing about Wanda? Steve says, explicitly, why he walks out. Anytime he starts to trust Tony, Tony reveals some side thing he's working on.

Steve is constantly talking to Tony about why he has to disagree with him, watch the movie again. The TC is pretty good.
>>
>>69948053
BvS was better
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>>69958265
not him but,

>sick in the head for enjoying a movie

what the fuck? kill yourself, dipshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (698 KB, 1330x1025) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
698 KB, 1330x1025
>>69958423
>>
>>69948786
>i'm too autistic to understand that seeing your mother brutally killed by a fag next to you may not make you think logically
>>
>>69958423
Civil War was better.
>>
>>69948053
>team Tony has a literally invincible guy that could oneshot everyone on cap team except Scarlet witch
>he does absolutely nothing in the whole fight
>>
File: U0F0vK4.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
U0F0vK4.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>69958484
>BvS
>still hasn't broken 900 mil
>Civil War
>already over a bil
>>
>>69958537
apocalypse was better.
>>
>>69958619
no, my capeshit better than your capeshit!
>>
>>69948053
I'm not even a /tv/ hipster that hates everything but I wasn't impressed by Civil War, you'd get far more enjoyment out of spending two hours reading the Marvel Civil War comic books instead
>>
File: image.jpg (330 KB, 2988x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
330 KB, 2988x1536
>>69958582
>>
>>69958669
It was better than the books. Not that it means it was good,the books were shit.
>>
>>69958582
It won't.
BvS is already making like 1 million per week, it would need to stay in theatres until January to reach 900 million.

They have started pulling off the movie from theatres anyway.
>>
>>69958669
It's far and away better than the books.
>>
>>69958703
Obviously the Civil War arc wasn't as good as House of M and was a bit grimdark and political but I liked it desu, dunno why it gets so much hate
>>
File: muahahaha.gif (2 MB, 294x195) Image search: [Google]
muahahaha.gif
2 MB, 294x195
>>69958715
>>
>>69958807
The massive retcons immediately after the event probably didn't help.
>>
>>69958843
I see your point, although if obnoxious retcons ruffle your jammies you should probably stop reading all mainstream comic books written after 1990 desu
>seriously fuck those Spiderman retcons tho
>>
>>69959064
>you should probably stop reading all mainstream comic books written after 1990

Believe me, I do.
>>
File: captain-america.jpg (161 KB, 625x500) Image search: [Google]
captain-america.jpg
161 KB, 625x500
>>69948053
It's a good movie. Not as good as Winter Soldier though.

Civil War had all the ingredients to make a perfect Marvel movie, except for one that was sorely missed: Tony's and Steve's complex relationship from comics.

Compared to comics where there was incredible emotional heat and tragedy of friendship falling apart, here there is nothing like that. Movie feels not like a breakup of genuine friendship, but like a professional conflict between two colleagues who did not like each other to begin with. When Iron Man says "So was I [your friend]" he makes zero sense because Tony and Steve were never friends in any capacity.

Personally I blame Whedon. He was the guy responsible for bullshit drama between Tony and Steve right off the bat in the first Avengers. More importantly, he had a perfect opportunity to make them friends after Tony saved the NYC, but nah, its the same bullshit in AoU.

Civil War would've beneffited greatly from several more scenes at the beginning between Steve and Tony, actually showing them being on a friendly note or alternatively hating each other with resentment all over. Anything to add spice to the conflict.

Also, maybe show Tony's flashback to his father talking about how he adored Captain America. The only time their conflict actually made any impact on the audience is when Tony told Steve to abandon the shield because Steve betrayed Howard but movie needed much more of that.
>>
>>69959507
>Personally I blame Whedon. He was the guy responsible for bullshit drama between Tony and Steve right off the bat in the first Avengers. More importantly, he had a perfect opportunity to make them friends after Tony saved the NYC, but nah, its the same bullshit in AoU.

This. That bald faggot was a mistake from day 1.
>>
>>69948053
fun movie for kids are not kino. kinos are movies that are susceptible to win in a film festival, not to appease shallow-minded people that craves boom boom. since when /tv/ got so dumb labelling capeshits as kino?
>>
It's really good. Enjoyed th movie a lot.

Could we stop this kino BS? Civil War is not some MoS/BvS trash.
>>
>>69959667
Around the time people here mistook writing like an imbecile for a sign of superiority and intelligence.
>>
File: image.jpg (626 KB, 1111x1021) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
626 KB, 1111x1021
>>69959736
>>
>>69959507
I loved the movie and feel they had enough of a relationship but you're still right. And yea its totally Whedon's fault, fuck that guy.
>>
>>69959947
>Batman vs Uperman

What did Zack mean by this?
>>
>>69959667
Since Batman v Superman shitposting, thats when people started calling everything in existence kino. It started with "capekino" now people just do it to fit in.
>>
>>69958669
Books completely failed to take a moderate stance on the whole political problem. Movie has neutral stance on the problem with good pro- and contra- arguments for both sides. In comics some authors were adamantly pro-reg and some adamantly anti-reg, making an impression that every single character suffered from bipolar disorder.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 450x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 450x403
>>69959982
>>
>>69948786
Proof
FEIGE - The entire purpose of that airport action scene in the film was to deliver on the promise of the conceit of civil war, but also to have a tremendous amount of fun so that the movie could then take you to a surprising place later.
>>
File: stop evans.webm (655 KB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
stop evans.webm
655 KB, 640x266
>>69948786
Stop posting the truth anon
>>
>>69948786
>teenager with Parkinson's
ok
>>
>>69960392
Well they definitely accomplished what they set out to do well.
>>
I was surprised at how carefully and slowly it built the conflict at first.
They really did manage to make the relationship of Tony and Steve more complex and interesting.
Sure, it wasn't a particularly deep movie, but I really can't say that they rushed or fudged anything, just to get to the big dumb action scenes.

Also Zemo was great.
After getting nothing but hammy assholes in cape movies all the time, having this cold, restrained presence that could destroy them without any kind of superpower was such a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>69960524
Zemo had such a menacing screen presence I was baffled when I saw people didn't like him. Every line he delivered was perfectly. Like when Captain America runs to question him, he realizes his cover is blown and you see the fake look on his face melt then he says "the fall of an empire" it's really cool.
>>
>>69954422

Because i'm a fucking retard
>>
>>69948053

Yes it's great.
Watch the other Captain America movies first though
>>
>>69960620
He has no mask or anything defining as a "super"villain. He was just a creepy calculating guy if you just watched it for the action flick.
>>
File: 1463099004609.jpg (81 KB, 582x828) Image search: [Google]
1463099004609.jpg
81 KB, 582x828
>>69961115
I agree with you and everything, but you're gonna be really disappointed when they give him his mask eventually.
>>
>>69959507
Whedon truly didn't plan ahead for this movie when making previous Avengers. Perhaps, he thought that making Steve and Tony headbutting from the start would hype people up for Civil War. In fact, it did to a degree, and people were eager to see the wedge between tony and steve to escalate to Civil War. However, that took away an important plotpoint Civil War could have used.

I think Civil War did not chance to savage that plotpoint much, it was too late. However, it did quite well on establish Tony and Steve's motivation . I enjoy the fact that both not only had rational reasons, and ideals, but also are weighted down by certain personal emotional baggage.
>>
>>69948053
Its pretty great sempai.

Finest capekino ever. I am serious. It is a great movie
>>
>>69948053

Great film with a couple of flaws.

Rhodey should have died - there's literally no reason to keep him alive and paralyzed.
Even though the last 30 minutes were well done, the airport fight diminished some of the impact it might have otherwise had. That was when the film peaked and it tapered off with the stuff in Siberia.
I personally wouldn't have killed Crossbones but I don't object to how they did it necessarily.
'I don't care, he killed my mom' is a stupid, useless line after 'Do you even remember them?' They should have used the line from the trailer and had Tony say 'I was wrong about you Rogers...the whole *world* was wrong about you'.
Cap's letter has me worried that the repercussions of Civil War will be downplayed in Infinity War. I hope not, and the Russos are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more qualified than Whedon ever was, but they better stick with the rift that's been created.

ANTS, Spidey and Black Panther were amazing.

It's worth seeing just for that airport fight.

8.5/10
>>
>>69961889
The point of making the airport fight fun was so that your expectations are thrown off for the end. And I love everything about the third act very much even though I understand if you simply didn't like it for that reason the movie is a 9/10 for me. And thats not something I ever thought I would say about capeshit, not something I ever said about other marvel movies either. But I was seriously engaged and invested in all four of the characters there. As in Zemo was a fucking badass, I thoroughly sympathized with Tony and what happens there gives more emotional weight to Iron Man 2 somehow, after two movies I care about Steve's emotional investment as well, It was all just amazing to me that they actually had an action scene where everyone has so much passion and motivation.
>>
>>69961889
>'I don't care, he killed my mom' is a stupid, useless line after 'Do you even remember them?' They should have used the line from the trailer and had Tony say 'I was wrong about you Rogers...the whole *world* was wrong about you'.

While I disagree that it was a particularly stupid line (it did effectively sum up how done he was with Bucky), I agree that the trailer line was better.

Thank Christ for fanedits. Maybe one day we'll get that version.

>Cap's letter has me worried that the repercussions of Civil War will be downplayed in Infinity War. I hope not, and the Russos are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more qualified than Whedon ever was, but they better stick with the rift that's been created.

I read somewhere (probably here) that the Russos said that the rift isn't going to be healed by Infinity War part 1. I'd argue that it was hard to tell whether Tony forgave Cap while reading the letter, or that the letter backfired and the rift actually widened a little. All you saw was his very upset face, and it could've gone either way. Chances are he was just heartbroken by the whole ordeal, but there is that chance.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.