[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has it jumped the shark?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: gameofbeans.jpg (324 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
gameofbeans.jpg
324 KB, 2000x1000
Has it jumped the shark?
>>
File: tqdIdRI.jpg (1 MB, 1904x1071) Image search: [Google]
tqdIdRI.jpg
1 MB, 1904x1071
>>69940859
Yes, 3 seasons ago
>>
No, shit is just finally happening.
>>
No, it started amazingly and declined with each season. And yet, I still watch it...
>>
a friend of mine insists the hodor = hold the door was in the books as well, but surely it wasn't?
>>
>>69941209
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/23/how-george-rr-martin-had-game-of-thrones-hold-the-door-moment-pl/
>>
>>69940859
(farts)
>>
>>69940859
Nah its been a slow decline really.

Not just one moment that fucked it. Its still watchable it just isn't as well written or focused as the early seasons.

But of course its the biggest show on television so the cool thing to do these days is to pretend that its completely irredeemable garbage and got that way overnight.

Just hope this season never returns to Dorne. Everyone (but complete plebs) agree that it was the worst shit of last season and it doesn't need to come back.
>>
>>69940859
you guys say this every fucking season oh my god shup the hell up

EVERY
FUCKING
SEASON

>hey guys implying implications about game of thrones?
>I CANT WATCH THIS SHOW NOW
>ITS OVER FOR ME
>LOOK AT HOW MUCH TASTE I HAVE IM NOT GONNA WATCH IT NOW
>>
>>69941332
jesus christ, is it just me or is that really fucking sad writing?
>>
>>69941476

i dunno, introducing time travel is pretty bad. not that the books aren't going to do the same, which frankly is scary.

>>69941408

ok we don't have dorne -- now we have butchered ironborn and Wet Ramsay. not much of an upgrade.
>>
It is jumping the shark: the show
Why so many children overrated the shit out of it for years I will never know
Maybe it's the gore and tits
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-23-23h02m29s219.png (516 KB, 969x1035) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-23-23h02m29s219.png
516 KB, 969x1035
>>69940859
Whazzatmean?
>>
>>69941597
>introducing time travel is pretty bad.
I want this meme to end, time travel does not mean bad. Especially not when they make it clear here that it's a closed timeloop. Hell, all that involved Hodor this episode was brilliant. The time travel element was executed perfectly and it makes his story that much more tragic.
>>
>>69941597
I knew Georgie wouldn't be able to keep the asoiaf standard of the early books.

There was too much potential with all of the characters having interesting twists that it becomes muddled.
>>
People say it jumped the shark when Ned died but that's being way too generous.
There was so much hype for season 1 and people were so enthralled with it that they overlooked its flaws and now imagine that earlier seasons were actually good.
It was always a bit of a mixed bag and D&D fucking up characters and storylines from the very beginning as well as making up their own. Also copping out on hyped actions scenes and failing (or taking way too long) to deliver on the show's promises.

Really, barely anything has changed from Season 1.
>>
>greyjoys drown their new kings
>euron KOed for good thirty seconds
>will obviously have brain damage
>greyjoys have been doing this ritual forever

is this why the iron islanders are such dumb fucks that can't win at anything? because they're ruled by literal retards of their own making?
>>
It has jumped the STARK
>>
>>69940859
>She continued: “Would you like to hear about our wedding night?”
>>
File: 1390634746066.jpg (394 KB, 995x1244) Image search: [Google]
1390634746066.jpg
394 KB, 995x1244
It was never good you complete fucking videogame sensibilities pleb
>>
>>69940859
Yea, since it's time travel sci-fi, no tension is left
>>
>>69941669
Yeah, if you're 14.
This is Lost all over again, defending poorly written fiction with "but MUH FEELS ;_;"
>>
>>69941539
what would you expect from a New Mecca publication?
>>
>>69941669
>closed timeloop
That's the worst case scenario for a time travel story bro.
>>
>>69940859
>Has it jumped the shark?

About 2 seasons ago.
>>
The show started alright, now it's totally stripped of nuance. The script and dialogues suffered a huge dip, characterization is all over the place. I predict more emmys and golden globes.
>>
>>69941614
Shit post, learn what jumping the shark means.

The first possible shark jump moment was the death of Shireen Baratheon in season 5. It wasn't in the book and pushed the limits of brutality on the show.
>>
Doesn't help that Daenerys is the biggest Mary Sue, anime tier character on any TV show at the moment.

>Robb Stark
Overcomes the odds, brings people together to fight the enemy, commands respect from his great leadership and warfighting skills
>Jon Snow
Underdog at the nights watch, infiltrates the enemy at great risk to himself to protect his brothers
>Daenerys
Has everything done for her by Jorah, her dragons, and the people that want to fuck her. Hasn't actually personally done anything. Every time she gets in trouble she just pulls out the "lol, I'm a Targaryen" card.
>>
File: hiddenmessage.jpg (75 KB, 1366x728) Image search: [Google]
hiddenmessage.jpg
75 KB, 1366x728
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>69940859
why do they show so much penis and balls.
>>
File: 1455706991459.jpg (8 KB, 180x162) Image search: [Google]
1455706991459.jpg
8 KB, 180x162
>>69940859

first season it was actually a decent show, since then it has been descending more and more into shlock territory

i mainly torrent it nowadays because my friends keep talking about it and i wanna join the discussion
>>
Can someone post a pic with all the rhings that will happen this season? I remember i saw a post of a guy who said Rickon would die in front of Jon.
>>
>>69941987
>mary sue
>implying she is inexplicably powerful and charming
>implying everyone trusts her immediately

lol no
>>
Episode 5 was legitimately good when the last 2 episodes have been pretty shit.

Tyrion has become an uninteresting character now though. I hope they kill him off soon.
>>
>>69940859
Yes.

People arguing otherwise are just i full apologetics mode.
>>
>>69941987
that, and all normies love her. She doesn't suit the epoch at all either. A progressive that 'loves slaves' and brown people and yet doesn't give a shit about legitimate structures in society. She is SJW:the mascot.
>>
>>69941829
No, you've just jumped on the bandwagon. The timetravel aspect was hardly a problem in Lost either. It only added to the show and allowed us to explore the past as well. Lost had other problems.
>>69941876
I like the inevitability of it. The butterfly effect is something else, but has the same theme of inevitability, so it's all the same to me.
>>
>>69941614
>gore and tits
it's absolutely the gore and tits. It's downton abbey for the same retards that watch the walking dead.
>>
>>69942435
All time traveling guarantees a paradox. The reason to do a thing become the cause for the same thing. A breakdown of such a basic concept of causality destroys story telling.
>>
>gay twink guy has std's

lol'd
>>
>>69942435
>I like the inevitability of it.
But the tension is gone. Bran succeeds, and nothing anyone does matters.

We just get to see how it plays out, but we are robbed of any sort of in-universe uncertainty. That kind of disappoints me.
>>
>>69942319
Lol you burned our Khals, guess you're the queen now
>>
>>69942670
I don't see how it does if you start at the beginning and find out the loop only at the end. It has the same draw as a greek story where fate plays a central role.
>>
>>69942770
Hodor is retarded and has to get bran to warg him to do shit.
Bran warging him made him retarded.

Hodor being retarded is the cause of hodor being retarded. Its a paradox man
>>
>>69942748
You don't know that he will succeed. You only think he will, in the same way you think the hero will win in a story. All you know now is that some information you previously knew about you now know was colored by things that would happen in the future. But you still don't know what future events, or other events you have already seen will be affected by Bran's future actions. Will he succeed in his mission? Will he have to sacrifice himself for it? What exactly is he supposed to do? What is his exact purpose? Still shrouded in mystery, there's no certainty here.
>>
>>69942905
No. Because you need to look at time as a circle, not as a linear thing.
>>
>>69942971
Wow.
What a fucking simpleton
Are you really trying to argue for this jumping the shark moment (adding time travel shenanigans out of fucking nowhere) as if it was brilliant storytelling?
>>
>>69942971
Why the fuck would time ever be a circle?
Time is time, and reality is based on cause and effect.
>>
>>69940859
will got become the new simpsons?
>>
>>69943046
>adding time travel shenanigans out of fucking nowhere
It's been there since the end of last season and been built up throughout this season. Hardly "out of nowhere".
>>69943075
Why would it have to be linear? It only is because you percieve it that way. It's like "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" Just depends on where you start from.
>>
>>69940859
No. I just re started watching the show where I stopped a year ago; half way thru season 4. I am up to season 5 now and it is amazing as ever
>>
>>69943376
Oh so it started at the end of the last season so it clearly was planned from the beginning

How much of an absolute peasant do you have to be to defend this garbage convenient writing?
>>
>>69943376
Well if you want to remove the cause and effect way of looking at time than you remove a basic rule of logic. Removing logic from your story is not recommended if your trying to make it serious.
>>
>>69940859

It jumped the Stark.
>>
>>69943782
So every story that has a god or divine mysterious presence who intervenes or has a plan set out for the hero, like in the greek epics are just shit stories then? It just seems like the same thing to me.
>>69943748
I mean George RR Martin said he had the Hodor thing planned from the beginning so I'm guessing so, yeah. What is it about the time travel aspect that bugs you so? When and how would it have to be introduced then to make it work for you?
>>
File: 1433809209898.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1433809209898.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
What happened to this guy rowing the boat?
>>
>>69944015
Are you retarded? Its a paradox. Greek mythology isnt a paradox, it has deus ex machina.
>>
>>69944148
you were talking about logic specifically. A deus ex machina also takes away logic by introducing a being that's outside of your basic causality logic, yet you don't get up in arms over that, so why is this different?
>>
how did CIA and an entire army from the vale get past the twins?
Why is the twins not empty as Walder Frey marches to avenge his daughter and grandson? (As the shoe has already established nobody buys that Roose wasn't killed by Ramsey)
If Yara had enough men loyal to her to crew the entire iron fleet, how did she lose the Kingsmoot?
>>
>>69944015
Never.
They should never introduce this asspull bullshit but since people like you are lapping it up nothing can be done buy boycotting
>>
>>69944216
Something coming out of nowhere to help you is unlikely not illogical. Thats the difference.
>>
>>69944085
my friend thought Gendry was the one who asked if he should close the gate
>>
>>69944330
talking about fate or destiny, that the hero is destined to do things
>>
>>69941759
Yes. It's actual canon.
>>
>>69944247
The entire Vale is on the same side of the river as the Kingsroad leading North to Winterfell. They don't have to cross The Twins to get there.
>>
>>69944085
well we got three out of five of those going again
>>
>>69944442
Fate is not a paradox either.
>>
>>69944728
Then how is it a paradox here? A chosen one is set on a path of destiny. When he's far into his journeyy he realizes he was destined to do things all along.
>>
>>69944085
If the leaks are correct, the boat will be back on being just Gendry.
>>
>>69944934
Its a paradox because of the logical contradiction of hodor being retarded is the cause of hodor being retarded.
There in no contradiction with fate
>>
>>69944954
What were the leaks? I've heard about them and desu I'm struggling to even care about what happens.
>>
ITT People don't know how time travel works and say it's shit writing
>>
File: timetravelgarbage.jpg (40 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
timetravelgarbage.jpg
40 KB, 400x300
>Don't let him touch you! If he touches you in the dream he can kill you in real life, Morty!
>It's like Game of Thrones, Morty. So if it's confusing and stupid, then so is everyone's favorite TV show.

How long until Reddit & Morty booty blasts this garbage show?
>>
>>69941669
>time travel isn't the basis of your show
>introducing time travel late in a series
>ever being good

It doesn't matter if it's a "closed loop" or however else you want to rationalise it. Introducing time travel is desperate and messy.
>>
>>69945060
I couldn't find the original, but here's one post talking about the leak:
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/4ki23r/the_truede_leaks_seems_like_he_was_right_after_all/

>The Brotherhood Without Banners is no more apparently. The remnants, led by Thoros of Myr are basicly "theifs of the highway" in the Riverlands or something. -Ian McShane's former knight-turned priest character (along w. several other people) is ambushed by the "Brotherhood"-remnants. (probably killed since he only appears in one episode) -One of the men accompanying Ian's character is The Hound. Not sure if Ian McShane's character is killed, but several others in their company are killed by the Brotherhood, and the Hound is forced to fight them. -He battles Thoros of Myr 1 on 1, and apparently wins.
>>
>>69945079
>ITT People don't know how time travel works

and you do, because...
>>
>>69945081
>Implying dogshit can blast garbage.

Anon, get some taste, and rope.
>>
>>69944468
Yara question still stands.
>>
>>69941046
Season 2>Season 1 tho
>>
>>69940859

No

It just went from mediaeval politics family drama to mediaeval fantasy
>>
>>69945559
>no Boby B
>No Ned
>better
sure
>>
>>69941803
this image is fucking retarded. there are plenty of beautiful passages in GoT.
>>
>>69945646
man that's the best description i've ever seen

i never knew how to put it before but you nailed it
>>
>>69941987

That's not true, she's incinerated a number of people in cold blood.
>>
>>69944085

Davos told him to keep land on his right, and since Dragonstone is an island, he's just been rowing in a circle around it for years.

He's gotta be in pretty great shape by now, at least.
>>
>>69942905

no thats not how it works

bran warging made him retarded in the past, that caused hodor to be retarded and bran needed to warg him in the future

simple causal chain

time travel is always full of paradoxes but you havent identified one yet
>>
>>69945034
I mean, yeah it becomes a problem if you think time can only be percieved linearly as I said before. If you accept that closed timeloops can exist however(which scientsts think they can with wormholes for instance, and that's talking reality, not a fantasy tv-show where godlike beings who just aswell might be outside of time can affect srings of causality just as the gods in old greek myths can) then it's not a problem.
>>
>>69946036
He warged from the future into the past. Only reason he warged ia because he is retarded. Warging him made him retarded. As you said earlier it is a time loop aka a paradox.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 620x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 620x407
>mfw we will never watch a season as comfy as season 1 for the first time again
>>
>>69946137
Time is only linear prove otherwise plz
>>
>>69946137
scientists DONT think that. you're retarded and you take literally what something in a sci fi movie said once as reality.

you watch too much tv. you ALL do. fucking idiots.

we already know how worm holes work. they destroy something called atomic information by making interactions irrelevant on the atomic level by locking their interactivity via intense gravitational pressure. when things can only interact subatomically, then quanta define the manner in which matter interacts, leading to a smaller level on which energy and information is transferred.

either quanta escape via energy dissipation or it is concentrated and ejected via the "wormhole" until it re-emerges somewhere else far away.

there's no time travel involved you retard

Ive concluded that tv is easily the least intelligent board on 4chan
>>
File: uncircumsiced.jpg (26 KB, 317x312) Image search: [Google]
uncircumsiced.jpg
26 KB, 317x312
>>69941332
>those related articles
>>
>>69946285
>>69946410
Hey I don't claim to know much about it, I just know that Einstein and Kip Thorne think it's possible. So this is all bull then? Plus take in context that this is a show where magic is possible, and yes of course this magic has to stick to its own rules, but if it does stick to the rule of closed timeloops, then why is that not acceptable?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole#Time_travel
>>
>>69946565
Your actually retarded to think that time travel is ever possible in real life. In fantasy i do not question the means, it just breaks down the show logically if you do time travel. Causes and effects become the same.
>>
>>69946565
time dilation simply means that someone could go into the future by existing in a place of intense mass/energy/gravity/speed. it NEVER goes backward.

it even says this in the /wik which apparently you are incapable of actually comprehending.

it happens everywhere, at every time. satellite clocks need to be adjusted daily in order for gps to work and mountain clocks need to be adjusted every few months or they go off relative to cities.

you tv retards also think you can shoot a gun out of someones hand so I'm not surprised. this is the worst board. television is a brainwashing medium
>>
>>69946415

Concerning your image, GoT showed Hodor huge penis quite openly.
>>
File: 1461798278554.jpg (453 KB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
1461798278554.jpg
453 KB, 1280x1811
>>69940859
Yes Stannis' death completely sealed it from going back
>>
>>69945079
>ITT People don't know how time travel works
Well come on then, how does something impossible work?
>>
>>69940859
Yeah official Shark jump was the Hound and Brianne duel..
>>
>>69945239
the fuck is the point of that scene?
>>
>>69940859
They're killing people off far too fast.
Also acting and effects in general are going to shit, you can clearly see the actors are bored and just waiting for the scene to end
>>
>>69946415
the fuck? there's been plenty of dicks on got
>>
File: 2016-04-11-015645.jpg (77 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-11-015645.jpg
77 KB, 960x544
>>69945239
>>
>time travel
full retard
>>
>>69940859
i say whenever time travel or excessive flashbacks are introduced, a show or series has really run out of ideas. absolutely no televised series was ever improved adding these elements.
>>
>>69946896
the acting is shit because the writing is shit. as the central plot threads became disassociated from each other it just became a series of two people talking to each other about their very special situation a continent away from any other people.

it was like this in the books too, which is why the books also got steadily worse

can't act in a box
>>
>>69946778
The character assassination of Stannis was truly the moment it became irredeemable
>>
How time works in real life:
Every decision spawns an alternate "what if" universe with the multiverse of parallel timelines growing at a ridiculous exponential rate, choice is therefore important because it determines the events of your specific future and the future of those around you.

Acceptable but not totally accurate portrayal of time in lots of movies:
There's only one timeline, but alterations to the past generate a different future. Choice is still important, because peoples' choices are what determine what form the timeline will take.

How time works in GoT as confirmed by episode 5:
There is only one timeline and it's set in stone, any travel to the past is already accounted for. None of the characters are actually making choices because the timeline's already predetermined, and every "choice" they make is in accordance with the set timeline.
>>
>>69947164
>How time works in real life:
Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: 1463855742615.jpg (31 KB, 481x393) Image search: [Google]
1463855742615.jpg
31 KB, 481x393
the hold the door time travelling shit was legit the dumbest asspull ive ever seen, but reddit and normies will eat GoT up regardless of how many sharks it jumps

the worst part about it is the hodor shit is apparently GRRMs idea so basically the books have officially jumped the shark too
>>
>>69946415
>>69946761
Also didn't they show penis of that guy from brothel that Oberyn Martell and his wife had trheesomes with ?
>>
>>69940859
Yes. The Grrrrl Power this season has absolutely gone off the charts and it's getting really obnoxious. I want something bad to happen to Dany at this point because she's rapidly reaching Mary Sue territory.
>>
>>69947164
there are not multiple universes. television has rotted your mind

scientists do NOT believe in multiple universes. you should feel bad. I'm ashamed that people like you can vote
>>
the funniest thing about GoT is that they've reused the same damn scene with Danaerys three fucking times:
1- beating the bad guys, getting the unsullied
2- beating the bad guys, getting a city
3- beating the bad guys, getting the dothraki

i understand what they're doing with her rise to power, but, fuck, do so in an original way, not repetitive nonsense. i guess it stems from the novels, though. GRRM is no great writer. he sure can start a series well, but his weakness as a writer seems to be he can't sustain a narrative to its conclusion without adding a zillion useless meandering plotlines. thenagain, GoT was his cash cow so who am I to judge him trying to bank off a willing audience?
>>
File: Tom.png (164 KB, 301x336) Image search: [Google]
Tom.png
164 KB, 301x336
>>69940859
>M O O N that spells "hold the door"
Hodor idea is basicly ripped off from pic related guy. Spoopy deus ex machina in a retard.
>>
>>69941876
It's a whole lot better than the usual alternate timelines copout.
>>
>>69947379
That't the only one that makes any sense.
>>
File: best.jpg (51 KB, 736x519) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
51 KB, 736x519
>>69947208
>>69947208
>>
>>69946254
>what are books
>>
File: 54352.jpg (400 KB, 810x540) Image search: [Google]
54352.jpg
400 KB, 810x540
> it's a Bran ruins everything episode
>>
>>69940859
"Hold the door" will become the new "Jump the shark" term. Screenshot this.
>>
>>69947442
this kind of shit makes me hate teh books jesus christ

this is why I was hoping the show would maintain quality and deliver to the end, but I guess not
>>
File: 1348266141241.png (78 KB, 219x271) Image search: [Google]
1348266141241.png
78 KB, 219x271
>>69947164
Dumbest post I've seen in a while, and I shitpost for a living.
>>
>>69947465
he looks more gormless than jon does now, fucking brit genetics are relentless
>>
File: 1313149526222.jpg (82 KB, 400x359) Image search: [Google]
1313149526222.jpg
82 KB, 400x359
>>69947164
>How time works in real life:
>>
File: canthold.jpg (259 KB, 1398x1492) Image search: [Google]
canthold.jpg
259 KB, 1398x1492
>>
>>69946759

Alright, but so if we dismiss "real" travelling back in time and just look at fictional stories with magic in them.
Do you as this dude: >>69946698
think that it doesn't work on logically even in a magical universe where this is possible?
>>
>>69947465
Even in fictional universes, eternal anglo strikes
>>
This whole Hodor thing must be completely fucked up for people watching/reading in another language.
>>
>>69947439
>a whole universe is created out of nothing just so I don't have to worry about consistency or grandfather paradoxes
Yeah, sensible like fuck.
>>
File: 2.png (37 KB, 1898x646) Image search: [Google]
2.png
37 KB, 1898x646
nah. This season is very good , better than most I'd say
>>
>>69947465
He looks like that sloth in that movie with mammoths and shit.
>>
>>69947579
Probably.
In my language they translated it as "go, hold the door" and then just had it degenerate into (h)odor
>>
so the big reveal will be that Bran orchestrated the whole plot happening through time travel powers? what the fuck?
>>
>>69947523
"Changing the past" time travel is logically impossible. "Alternate timeline" and "closed loop" are ok.
>>
>>69947666
he doens't do anything that hasn't already been done
>>
>>69947666
Satanic trips speak the truth
>>
>>69947523
I reject it specifically because game of thrones is a mid-level magic universe. they can't cast fireballs, the limited magic that does exist tends to come from costly/debilitating rituals, or god specifically.

the nonsense is ramping up of course. but in a universe where you can't even throw a fireball timetravel is a little hard to swallow man

which is why no one likes it. ever. it doesn't matter what KIND of timetravel is best, narratively. what kind of shit would you like in your mouth?

btw the fixation of what "kind" of fantastical impossible thing SEEMS most realistic is fucking stupid. and it's why idiots like you believe time travel, multiple universes, etc. exist in the first place.

I bet you liked that movie LUCY didn't you? it was made to make idiots like you feel smart
>>
File: 1208254520026.jpg (80 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1208254520026.jpg
80 KB, 576x432
>Go learn how to see the past to learn Jon is a Targ when Meera's dad could just tell them
>>
>>69947629
it probably had a subtitle or something to explain ,right?
>>
>>69947749
Nope.
Oди, дpжи јa дoбpo to oддpдo to oдop
>>
ITT discussing the logic of time traveling
>>
>>69947600

Imdb really eats up shitty cliff-hangers.
>>
>liking a timetravel gimmick of a closed timeloop in fiction makes you an idiot
>>
>>69947716
So you don't like timetravel because for you it's too powerful? That's highly subjective though, timetravel isn't very visual, I'd hardly put it in the "high magic" category. And the timetravel does come from a god. The three eyed raven is a god for all we know. It fits with the universe imo.
You don't have to call ppl idiots just because they don't enjoy the same things as you. The closed timeloop is a perfectly fine storytelling device and I don't see why the three eyed raven or any other magical being couldn't exist outside your definition of time to put the loop in place.
>>
Hold the door
>>
If this season continue the GOTs tradition of getting better as it goes i would rate them

#1 S4
#2 S6
#3 S1
#4 S3
#2 S2
#5 S5
>>
>>69947580
Bending a part of timeline back on itself is not much more sensible than creating a new timeline. At least it's logically consistant.
>>
>>69946415
>I started watching the show last season
>>
File: 1460266765124.jpg (56 KB, 460x616) Image search: [Google]
1460266765124.jpg
56 KB, 460x616
>>69948655
>1 2 3 4 2 5
>>
>>69948419
this closed timeloop shit is such obvious damage control.

GoT shills need to fuck off.
>>
no it's perfect
>>
>>69947580
When you travel back in time you are created out of nothing in the past. If you can be created out of nothing, why not a whole universe.
>>
Why do so many normies watch this shit show? Like seriously.

>shit ass cgi
>almost nothing happens every episode
>the fight scenes are utter trash....main character stands still with their sword in place just so the opponent can it it and pretend the main character blocked the attack

Spartacus did everything so much better

>hotter bitches
>better big guys (Theokeles> some scrub that was getting his ass whooped by one person)
>better main character
>better villains
>better fight scenes
>>
>>69949806
>spartacus
Could you've picked a more pleb show? It's fucking Stargate tier
>>
>>69944085
Six of those people no longer belong on the boat.

Its becoming a lonely vessel.
>>
>>69949841
So well above GoT tier then
>>
>>69941614
You are right anon, but i suspect you are going to get shit for speaking the truth. I've seen it happen before.
>>
Just asking, this gonna be the last season of GoT?

>I'm not into books but i will when the serie is finished.
>>
>>69941597
>time travel is pretty bad
it really is, I hope they don't keep going down that path. Time travel is almost always a stupid plot device
>>
>>69951061
There's 2 more after this, neither a full 10 episodes.

The show is reaching it's end. By 2019 it should be over.
>>
>>69951220
Oh, thanks God, we got more GoT :B

Ty anon.
>>
>>69948655
#1 S1
#2 S2
#3 S3
#4 S4
#2 S6
#5 S5
>>
>>69947208
I'm sorta annoyed and also laughing that people got apparently, incredibly emotional over that scene, like now i would believe it is in fact a form of mind control because i dont want to believe that many people can be so stupid and swayed by something they should be laughig at.
>>
So Theons uncle definitely had something to do with burning down the fleet of ships in mareen right? I find it way too coincidental that he came back after sailing around the world, kills his brother to become king just so he can build 1,000 ships to join forces with Danny.
>>
Am I the only one who misread this as "jumped the stark"?
>>
>>69941709
Fight choreography and fights in general sure have
>>
No, these threads are just the usual 4chan contrarian faggot fest.

It's not as good as the previous season, but it's no where near the level that this 24/7 shitposting implies.
>>
>>69951330
i mean the early seasons.
>>
I always thought the writing was somewhat clever, like the "Queen mustn't know" part

but now I cringe at every second line, why is that?
>>
>>69951319
I thought so too, but his arrival to the islands and the burning of the ships were like 1 episode apart, it would be far too dumb.
>>
I bet if a dalek turned up in the next ep fag/got/s would defend that too.
>>
first 3 seasons had redeemable parts, it died when stannis burned his daughter

there was no way to come back from that level of fuckup
>>
>>69945239
>Get Ian McShane
>Kill him in one episode flat
jesus fuck fucking hack&hack san francisco motherfuckers
>>
>>69946415
>finally

Theon's dick was in literally the first season.
>>
File: holdthepies.jpg (32 KB, 709x539) Image search: [Google]
holdthepies.jpg
32 KB, 709x539
I am conflicted about something, what was the last scene with Hodor actually supposed to mean?
Is it only that Bran CAN manipulate the past and make changes to it(as it was clearly shown) OR that whatever he could do/did was already set, since Hodor was always Hodor ever since before Bran was even born, so that was predestined to happen, even though it only happened through time hax shit?
>>
File: disdain for magic.jpg (38 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
disdain for magic.jpg
38 KB, 512x512
>>69941657
How does the version of events possibly get distorted that much? Why is Joffrey's true parentage left out even though that was all anyone talked about and would fit perfectly into such a play? Why is Braavos sucking Lannister dick despite being outside the Seven Kingdoms?
This ranks alongside "bad poosy" for my least favourite thing in the show.
>>
>>69951688
Well since they showed that while in the bloodraven vision mode you can definitely manipulate the present by having king whitewalker find him I'm guessing that scene was supposed to show that he can also manipulate the past but also suggests that the way time travel works he's pretty much already manipulated everything that could be manipulated

So like he can't really change anything because it's already set in motion or some bullshit

Fuck it's going to lead to asspull after asspull
>>
>>69951847
And considering the Lannisters defaulted on the Iron Bank and the Iron Bank openly financed a rebellion against them, you'd think the top kikes in Braavos would make sure any depiction of events happening in Westeros would be skewed against the Lannisters.
>>
File: tommy boy.jpg (3 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
tommy boy.jpg
3 KB, 109x125
>Chasing my pug around the house bellowing HOLD THE DOOR! HOLD THE DOOR!

That sequence was shit, I really hope thats not what happens in the books
>>
>>69943990

You. I like you.
>>
>>69941759
Nigga they are using magic, there is no logic in a world that has magic.
>>
>>69947612
the one to which every unusual looking people automaticaly gets compared to?
>>
3 eyed raven moves in 4 dimensions get used to it
>>
>>69952011
>I really hope thats not what happens in the books

oh anon........
>>
It has absolutely been on a decline of consistency since last season, and that is mostly due to their decisions to deviate from the books. Kind of frustrating, but it's not their fault fat ass won't finish the books. It's a shame they don't have access to everything he's written thus far, but I think they're doing a fine job considering the situation. There have been only a couple terrible moments in the last two seasons but despite the lows, it's also had some of the best moments in the history of the show.

Idk, worried about it but still enjoying myself and still intrigued. Not nearly as excited every week as I used to be but I will see it through.
>>
>>69952211
stannis entrenched himself in the books and told the fanatics to pray harder
it doesn't make any sense to kill your own daughter as stannis baratheon
there's only one little plot point they forgot
>grey
>scale
>>
>>69951847
>>69951995
It was probably Faceless Man psyops, to gauge how Arya would react.
>>
File: stannisfeels2.png (157 KB, 472x624) Image search: [Google]
stannisfeels2.png
157 KB, 472x624
>>69946778
>Stannis's North Campaign arc will never be adapted into television
>There will be no murder mystery in Winterfell
>There will be no Reek turning himself back into Theon to protect Jeyne Poole
>Stannis will never tell his men to pray harder and actually concoct a plan to fight the Boltons during a blizzard
>You will never see the Based Manderlays sufficiently portrayed on screen
>You will never see Davos venture into Skagos and battle cannibals to rescue Rickon
>>
>>69945929
And everytime its done its portrayed as the people deserving of it. The one time her killing someone was portrayed as unjust was Hizdar petitioning for his father, but they just forgot all about that and made him another asshole noble.
>>
>>69947518
I don't know.
In a universe where some degree of magic exists, dedicating one's entire existence to absolutely nothing other than holding the door might awaken the power to do just that.
>>
>>69947579
that shit was too funny i could not stop laughing
>>
>>69941987
Wow, Just like bitches in real life.

Thats the point
>>
>>69942415
Not to mention she surrounds herself with dickless men. Theon will fit right in.
>>
File: 2804820948723908.png (280 KB, 425x300) Image search: [Google]
2804820948723908.png
280 KB, 425x300
>>69942319
She literally became Mhysa and now Khaleesi of all Dothraki by literally thousands of people trusting her immediately
>>
>>69941987
>>69942415
>>69952433
Dany is so popular it wouldn't surprise me if they just kill her this season before she even steps foot on Westeros
>>
>>69941987
I overlook all of it because she has fucking Dragons.

Do you not understand? Dragons no longer exist and they obey her. They're priceless she can destroy fucking Empires, full on Empires, with just those 3 alone. No matter how bitchy and worthless she herself is she has Dragons that are loyal to her, and as we've seen taking them from their mother doesn't seem to work.

She's the mother of Dragons. She could burn Westeros and every fucker in it to the ground if she wanted to.
>>
>>69947600
Those best fit lines are a lot like jerking off, it feels so good but it's not real.
>>
What would happen if Robert Baratheon never died?
>>
File: Faraday Grass.jpg (171 KB, 346x500) Image search: [Google]
Faraday Grass.jpg
171 KB, 346x500
>people insisting it's a time paradox

WHATEVER HAPPENED, HAPPENED

Did you guys not watch Lost?
>>
>>69951326
IIRC head choreographer (guy who did lotr movies) died.
>>
File: 1460727548749.jpg (155 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1460727548749.jpg
155 KB, 1252x1252
>>69952377
>>
>>69947236
>there are not multiple universes.
That you do not know.
>television has rotted your mind
>Based on his post, yes it probably has.
scientists do NOT believe in multiple universes.
A lot of them do. Well, believe is a very radical word to use in science, but there are many proponents for the theory. And there are a lot of people who are skeptical of it. The scientific community is very split on it.
>>
File: AMMD.png (238 KB, 747x146) Image search: [Google]
AMMD.png
238 KB, 747x146
>>69940859
>>
>>69942415
>she doesn't suit the epoch at all either
>implying any of the characters take on manners of morality or royalty or religion are typical of the epoch which GoT is based on

the entire show takes a modern sensibility in dealing with classic high fantasy. That's why it's been so popular
>>
File: f+f.png (659 KB, 1006x534) Image search: [Google]
f+f.png
659 KB, 1006x534
>>69940859
Nah nothing but the finest this season.
>>
>>69944247
>If Yara had enough men loyal to her to crew the entire iron fleet, how did she lose the Kingsmoot?
They took like 3 ships when they fled. And her crew was only loyal to her until the moment that Euron promised them greatness. Iron islanders are not very smart and easily persuaded.
>>
>>69949806
Spartacus is worse on the surface but if you watch it you realize the story and characterization is so much better than GoT. Even the dialogue was a good mix of crude and archaic. I still maintain Season 1 of Spartacus is one of the best seasons of television ever.

why did andy have to die :_:
>>
File: AMMD.png (258 KB, 747x146) Image search: [Google]
AMMD.png
258 KB, 747x146
>>69952972
kek
>>
>>69953031
that was actually a tone-appropriate fart though
>>
>>69941803
I think someone needs to set Jon atop that Gatsby wall of text.
>>
>>69949841
spartacus is only pseudo-pleb. It's a good series.
>>
>>69953119
uh..
>>
>>69951847
The Lannisters seemed like huge pussies in the play.
Yeah everyone else was awful but Tyrion was still an ugly booze-hound, and Joffrey was a whiny cunt that got slapped, just like for real.
>>
Why didn't they show Stannis' death? What could the answer be other than he's still alive?
>>
>>69953119
Actually they both died too.

Theon killed Myranda (far right).
Joffrey killed Ros (second from right).
>>
>>69953221
Brienne was TOO BRUTAL FOR TV in how she chopped him up.
>>
this show fucking sucks now but that's not going to stop me from watching it and talking about how much it sucks
>>
>>69949841
words fall from mouth like shit from ass
>>
>>69951995
>And considering the Lannisters defaulted on the Iron Bank and the Iron Bank openly financed a rebellion against them, you'd think the top kikes in Braavos would make sure any depiction of events happening in Westeros would be skewed against the Lannisters.
>you'd think the top kikes in Braavos would make sure any depiction of events happening in Westeros would be skewed against the Lannisters.
Right, theater has never been subversive.
It's not the medium people have used to spread popular sentiments deemed "dangerous" by their rulers for literally thousands of years.
>>
>>69953304
Haha oh man, if only he didn't move... or went forward. Goddamn.
>>
>>69953221
Because that would be even more time DnD would have to give to a character they couldn't fucking stand.
>>
>>69946990
Time's Arrow from TNG was a pretty great time-travel related story.
>>
>>69946004
lol'd
>>
>>69953369

Why do they hate him so much, anyway? Is it just because he's a man?
>>
>>69945034
>narratives have to be logically sound
>>
Operation #Hodor

Anytime someone opens the door For You or you open the door for them you have to reply, "Hodor".
>>
>>69953217
The Tyrion bit I'm fine with, that was more like how events in history actually get distorted. I meant the Lannisters in Westeros as well (Cersei, Jaime, Kevan etc), who would want to slander Tyrion.
But Joffrey "accidentally" having Ned killed was fucking absurd. Hundreds of people witnessed that execution.
>>
>>69947579
>people watching/reading in another language.

I just realised that 95% of the people on my country who watch this will not get the hodor thing.
Maybe it is for the best
>>
>>69953833
Are you watching dubbed versions of the show or with subtitles? Anyone with ears will hear the similarity between "Hodor" and "Hold the Door"
>>
File: puke.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
puke.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>69953887
>dubbed
i cant believe people actually do this to themselves
>>
>>69952511
>she has Dragons that are loyal to her

i thought the black one was loyal but uncontrollable, and the 2 she locked up hated her now
>>
>>69952289

I know ALL of those feels, bro.

Especially the murder mystery part. Man, the prologue to the Battle for Winterfell is so brooding, tangled, unpredictable. You really have no idea what will happen; there are so many pieces in play.
>>
>>69953887
I don't, I download it like every other bitch on the internet and watch it as it came out. Sometimes with eng subs, some of those accents are tough on ears.
But, majority watches dubs so...
>>
>>69953930
Yep yep.
You wouldn't believe how many people I want to struggle daily.
>Oh I love cinema so muuuuch
>Proceeds watching dubbed pictures, which are dubbed by some of the most tallentless hacks that didn't put any effort into it.
Or better yet
>OMG actors played so bad/good in this movie!
>actor is dubbed.
bitch you litterally do not experience how this actor actually acts for fuck sake.
>>
File: 6vScT.jpg (137 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
6vScT.jpg
137 KB, 717x880
>>69952048
>>
>>69940918
I did not need this in my life.

>manly tears
>EVERYWHERE
>>
>>69953119
One of them is dead and the other might as well be.
>>
>>69941669
It's not a closed timeloop though. It simply doesn't work because someone would've had to originally taken Bran to BR that wasn't Hodor because Hodor would still be normal. Time travel exists in the books but only as a way to view weirwood home movies.
>>
>>69945332
>implying the first season of rick and morty wasnt genuinely good
>>
>>69953304
did he died
>>
>>69946415
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uflL1rN_QHM
>>
File: latest.jpg (2 MB, 2100x3155) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
2 MB, 2100x3155
>MAKE IRONBORN GREAT AGAIN
what did he mean by this?

Is this poorly veiled hillary=good trump=bad propaganda?
>>
>>69941597
The fuck is with you niggers
You think it's easy to fucking view the past and then warg into people?
It took best waifu yelling at the top of her lungs to get his dumbass to pay attention and even then he only did it because old man bran told him to
dumb fucking niggers use your fucking brains
Bran doesn't have the willpower to do it again.
Also Hodor was mentally challenged, and Hodor loved the hell out of Bran, so it wasn't difficult for him to warg into Hodor.
Warging into any other human is going to be hella difficult
>>
>Its not east, its Essos
>its not west, its Westeros
>its not Edward, its Eddard
>its not John, its Jon
>its not Lisa, its Lysa
>its not Peter, its Petyr
>its not Jamie, its Jaime
>its not parcel, its Pycell
>its not Robert, its Robb
>its not Samuel, its Samwell
>its not dragon, its drogon
>its no Kangz Lending, its Kings Landing
>its not Tom, its Tommen
>its not hold the door, its hodor

what a hack
>>
>>69955745
>one wants to build ships to bring in immigrants who want to fuck up the country
>one wants to build a wall to keep immigrants out so they don't fuck up the country
/tv/ really might be the dumbest board
>>
>>69940859
It jumped the shark in S5E9 to me. You have Jon and the Crows arriving at Hardhome with Stan's ships, but they came back through Castle Black gates, which was a ridiculous detour if there ever was one.

Not to mention such far-fetched scenes and fights with uber-high implausability factor... yeah, fuck this series.
>>
>>69954264
No it's not a closed loop means that the future is not actually contingent to the pass.

Remember time (and I mean IRL) isn't A to B, it's all just A. It's a matter of perception that those things are separated.
>>
It's a goofy fantasy show, I don't think it's really fair to get upset when goofy shit happens.

and Bran has been a little fuccboi since season 1. Never cared about his storyline.
>>
>>69955747
that's a man...
>>
Please tell me that you guys think that shit about the children of the forest making the white walkers is stupid as fuck also
goddamn ridiculous
>>
>>69956118
All I know is originally Bran would've had to made it to BR without Hodor's help and then decide that the best way to ensure he makes it there again and give himself a 30 second head start on a sled being pulled by a woman vs an army of undead spidermen was to go back in time and mindfuck his father's stableboy.
>>
>>69956431
DABID IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE IF WE USE TIME TRAVEL DABID
>>
>>69947600

The R^2 values for those regression lines are probably not statistically significant. They look terrible
>>
File: 1464037388296.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1464037388296.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
>>69946778
Are you sure?
>>
>>69940859

surprised i haven't seen talk of that actresses perfect fucking tits at the beginning of the show. then again you lot are mostly faggots, not surprised. not even seen one pick of that heavenly set.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.