[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Same actor >this means that the children of the forest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: bran-nights-king.jpg (241 KB, 749x918) Image search: [Google]
bran-nights-king.jpg
241 KB, 749x918
>Same actor
>this means that the children of the forest created the night king
>HUGE DIVERGENCE FROM THE BOOKS (in the books the night king was created by the 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch falling in love with/fucking a White Walker woman)
>>
>>69930888
>"We're taking game of thrones in AN EXCITING NEW DIRECTION"
>"THAT RITE DABID"
>>
File: TrueNed.jpg (24 KB, 263x300) Image search: [Google]
TrueNed.jpg
24 KB, 263x300
>>69930888
well yeah you didn't expect DnD to actually give the white walkers any degree of nuance did you?

They're just an evil super weapon on the show and thats all.

Still at least that last episode gave us the one true Ned
>>
>>69930888
>>Same actor
> >this means that the children of the forest created the night king

Maybe it just meant that Dan and Dabid wanted to save a buck.
>>
Is GoT the most JUSTed adaptation in history of fiction? I honestly can't think of anything that was fucked up that hard.
Dune?
>>
>>69931045
>wanting to follow every single word that GRRM writes
that'd be retarded, 95% of the show would just be zooming in of food and penises
>>
>in the books

false
>>
In the books the Others showed up for the first time 4000 years after the War with the First men and the Children and First Men fought the Others together.

Fucking hacks. Fucking up everything. The shkw is just utter bullshit at this point.

Children of the forest are packing thermal detonators.

God I hate this show so much.
>>
>>69931180
not saying you're wrong but apparently this episode came straight from GRRM so how can both things be true? (I'm really asking, haven't read the books)
>>
>>69931608
GRRM has totally lost it if that's true.
>>
>>69930888
>implying the story of the 13th commander fucking a white walker women isn't just a fable
>>
why the fuck do the others even need an "origin story"? I hope to god GRRM had nothing to do with this. talk about jumping the shark
>>
>>69930987
yeah, that comedy theater was great
>>
>>69930888
They've gone on record as saying they just borrowed the name because it sounds cool you hopeless idiot.
>>
The lord commander bit was a legend, it's truth was never confirmed, maybe it's true in the books though, who knows.
That being said, the fan theory that the others were created (and possibly still controlled) by the children of the forest has been going around for a while
>>
>>69931134
It's actually extremely loyal to the books. Look at series like Dexter and True Blood for JUSTed adaptions.
>>
>>69931792
>created by children of the forest
>destroyed the children of the forest

BRAVO
R
A
V
O
>>
>>69931742
>I hope
Hope dies last
>>
>>69931134

Too bad the remaining 5% surpasses the utter mediocrity of D&D.
>>
Reminder that while there will be minor differences in the details, in the end the main story will be the same for the books and the show!

Bookfags understand this so you will not be disappointed in the end!
What happens in the show is what GRRM wants to happen!
>>
>>69931015
The show has hundreds of extras, if they didn't want to imply that the Night's King was the first WW they could've used any random actor
>>
>>69930888
The leader of the Others and the Night's King who married an Other and was defeated by Brandon the Breaker and Joramun are two completely different people you hopeless wikifag.
>>
>>69931875
>Minor differences in the details

The fuck? The differences are massive at this point
>>
>>69931640
How is there a problem here?

>First Men come and fight with the Children

>Children make the walkers to protect themselves but then realize they massively fucked up and can't control them

>First Men and Children make peace and unite to fight the walkers which threaten them both

Alternatively

>First Men come and fight with the Children but eventually make peace

>Andals come and the Children create the walkers to defend themselves from the Andals

>Realize they massively fucked up and can't control them, First Men and the Children unite to fight their common enemy

Which ever fits better with the timeline
>>
File: 1433440462170.jpg (71 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
1433440462170.jpg
71 KB, 950x534
>>69930888
>falling in love with/fucking a White Walker woman

bravo GRRM
>>
>>69930888

GRRM was asked in an interview about the "Night King" in the show and he said that the "Night's King" in the books isn't the character that D&D decided to call the "Night King".

In the books he's called the "Great Other" or something like that.
>>
File: 1435147163502.jpg (6 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1435147163502.jpg
6 KB, 255x220
>>69931960
>not seeing this as a good thing
>>
Liberal agenda on full display in this episode.
>>
>>69931989
Canon history:

First Men and children fight.

Stop fighting.

4000 years of peace.

Long Night starts, one generation of winter, tne Others show up FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Men and children defeat the Others.

This is canon. If GRRM is retconningnthat now, he is just a lazy hack who doesn't knkw how to end the story.
>>
>>69932119
god damn liberals raisin' our dead takin' our jobs
>>
>>69930888
Nigga, the show's "Night's King" is just a name for the first Other/White Walker. He is not meant to be Night's King from the legend.

Yea it's dumb, but only confuses bookfags anyway.

Also, he is probably Brandon of the Bloody Blade.
>>
>>69932140
retconned as fuck
>>
Remember the first book?

Winter was supposed to come. The story is almost over a d it's still summer.
>>
>>69931875
So Elia Martell, who begged the snakes not to try and avenge Oberyn, who wants only to live peacefully with her children, is going to actually murder Doran? With the help of Tyene (who isn't even in Dorne anymore because she agreed to Doran's plot and now serves him with the others)?

Neat.
>>
>>69932168
It's more to do with the preachiness in the environmental message. Men destroyed our precious tress and must be killed! Because death is all men know!
>>
>>69932208
But Anon, Summer just died.
>>
>>69932208
How can you be this dense, really?
>>
>>69932140
What if people just *think* that was the first time? Its all ancient history that most people in Westeros dismiss as an old wives tale anyways.

The creation of the others seems like a really good reason to unite and make peace to me. Maybe they banished them to the far north then the long night was when they came back.
>>
>>69932208
At that time the books were meant to be a trilogy, so Winter probably was actually going to arrive by the end of the 2nd book
>>
>>69931180
How do you even lose a war against some Bronze Age savages when you have frag grenades?
>>
>>69932496
Humans had quantity over quality.
>>
File: whitewalker.jpg (117 KB, 736x542) Image search: [Google]
whitewalker.jpg
117 KB, 736x542
>>69930888
I love whitewalkers great characters
>>
>>69932523
Nigga the sound alone of those things probably made 80% of humans shit their pants. Or at least it should've
>>
>>69932320
Thought you were lying, then I rewatched and realised I literally looked away for 2 seconds and missed it.
>>
>>69932647
Probably, but there was way too many humans form them to blow all of them up
>>
>>69932680
You don't understand Anon, they had to make it brief so we could see Joffrey's cock
>>
>inb4 the whole TWEEEST is that Children created WW to protect their last holds in the north BUT EVERYTHING WENT WRONG
>>
>>69930987
That scene was pretty great but I think I like for a reason I havent seen talked about on /tv/ yet.

For me, I liked that while watching it you could tell that it was bringing up real emotions for Arya and how shes still struggling with the faceless god. You could see her hatred brewing as the skit went on. Hopefully they drop all this faceless shit with her as they find her unworthy and she just becomes some hell bent for vengeance killing machine.
>>
File: Night's King.jpg (35 KB, 854x440) Image search: [Google]
Night's King.jpg
35 KB, 854x440
Now that's rape
>>
>>69932140
Yeah, because it isn't like there are debates among the maesters about timelines or anything. Oh wait, there are and you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>69930987
I don't know if you noticed but the NK is a fucking wizard.

plus they recast the role, which means that eventually he's probably going to have lines because otherwise why would it matter who was playing him. they're clearly going to add another layer beyond orcs and make them at least Nazgul+ level of backstory.
>>
>>69932983

So deep, anon.

You're certainly the only person who read the scene that way...
>>
>>69931875
Minor differences
>Sansa married Ramsay
>Brienne serves Sansa at Castle Black
>House Martell extinct
>Rickon at Winterfell
>Allisor Thorne killed and was killed by Jon
>Tyrion acting Ruler of Mereen
>Varys is in Mereen
>Jorah has Greyscale
>Waif is a bitch
>The Masters of Astapore are the same Masters
>Reek is Theon again and delivering ebin speeches on the high seas
>Marcella is dead
>Barristan is dead
>Mance is dead
>Stannis is dead, an died before Balon
>Summer and Shaggydog are dead
>Kevan is still alive
>Children of the Forest have plasma grenades
>Frequent fart jokes
>Frequent penis jokes
>Daenerys' actions have the consequences removed
>>
>>69931608
What do you mean "straight from GRRM"? The only thing is the origin of the name Hodor. We can't even be sure that it will play out the same way as in the coming books.
>>
>>69930888
>HUGE DIVERGENCE FROM THE BOOKS
you didn't get that from the first time he was called the night's king 2 years ago?

fucking wikifag PLEB kill yourself
>>
>>69930987
I care more about the fake characters than the real characters at this point.
>>
>>69932119
HE DID HORRIBLE THINGS

SAY IT

SAY HE RAPED ME

SAY IT

that part was awful
>>
so the children were able to create brings more powerful than themselves? And they stopped procreating altogether? Okay
>>
>>69933186
they had to address the retardation of LF's in-show decision-making somehow.
>>
>>69933101
Forgetting the killing or Roose, Fat Walda and the babe
>>
>>69933101
I am honestly sad that the show has gotten so shitty.
>>
>>69931180
>history and lore about shit from thousands of years ago is all factual

Bet you pray to Garth Greenhand and believe in the Grey King too
>>
>>69933086
>clearly
Hopefully is the word anon, I don't see any clarity in it
>>
File: AreGaiaFagsStillAThing.jpg (27 KB, 355x417) Image search: [Google]
AreGaiaFagsStillAThing.jpg
27 KB, 355x417
>>69930987
I expected them to make them winter sidhe and say that they've always coexisted withe the Children (who would be summer sidhe), but I guess notions of balance and changing seasons is too complex for D&D.

>Make them like robots, Dabid
>Make them turn against their creators

Hacks.
>>
>>69931180
im not a bookfag but i think the children create the WW to fight the andals and not the first men
>>
>>69932003
They don't look like they do in the show. They are meant to look inhumanly beautiful.
>>
bookfags are just extra salty they're getting spoiled the plot instead of spoiling it for others
>>
So what about the greater revelations of all these prophecies and religions being true?

Varys being shaken by that woman was a good scene. A man used to knowing everything being and skeptical being exposed to an entire new realm of knowledge. It's like if god just appeared in front of Richard Dawkins

>hold the door
>>
>>69933186
I used to be obsessed with GoT, having rewatched all the previous seasons again to make the wait shorter. And I considered turning it off during this scene. This season is absolutely disappointing.
>>
>>69930888
Yes but this is easier for showfags to understand so that what they did.
>>
>>69933452
Varys felt way more in control and ahead of the game at the start of the show. He was clearly put against LF. But LF has been running shit ever since while Varys has been stuck haggling for head polishing cream in Mereen for god knows how long.
>>
>>69933452
The red priestess are clearly hacks though, she's probably another very old lady/immortal (she has the same choker as melisandre) which said all her faith was bullshit and she has no idea how she or the other priest managed to bring people back from the dead.
>>
>>69933531
>And I considered turning it off during this scene
yeah you're probably one of those plebs who have been "considering" dropping the show for 4 years now and still watch every episode without fail
>>
>>69933586
But what about the bit about knowing what the words from the fire were?
>>
>>69933395
Fugg what could have been
>>
File: thoros.jpg (160 KB, 598x464) Image search: [Google]
thoros.jpg
160 KB, 598x464
>>69933452
>Varys being shaken by that woman was a good scene

No it wasn't. The only thing good about it was that semen demon. Everythign else sucked. Varys invites a useful political tool and then goes full fedora at the risk of alienating her and ruining Tyrion's plan. Varys should have more tact than to insult a powerful guest in a hostile city. I hated that scene. It's not like he's never met a red priest before; there was one in KL for years. It was completely out of character to go on a rant like that and make himself vulnerable.
>>
File: 1463970037561.png (9 KB, 490x102) Image search: [Google]
1463970037561.png
9 KB, 490x102
average show-watcher
>>
>>69933612
I had the impression she knew personally the man that cut off varys' balls.

That said, the cult is bullshit but their magical powers clearly are not so she might have some sort of divination powers as well.
>>
File: primer.jpg (308 KB, 2000x1846) Image search: [Google]
primer.jpg
308 KB, 2000x1846
basic
>>
>>69933600
No way man. For me - It was pretty enjoyable up to the first episode of this season. The characters and dialogues felt way off. Half of the scenes are cringeworthy. It just lacks depth and you can just feel the whispers of the directors behind the scenes - "they're gonna love this".
>>
>>69933679
it makes perfect sense. Varys is in a vulnerable position and he's forced to put a lot of trust into not only a stranger but also a religious whackjob. He must know about the shitshow in KL by now. He lost control momentarily, this adds depth
>>
>>69933280
Neither did I mention blaming all the world's problems on 'men meaning mankind but only the male ones' type shit, while simultaneously removing all depth from the female characters, or just cutting them completely.
>>
>>69930888
not to speak about the fact the children of the forest and men made a pact stating they'd leave each other be which lasted FOUR THOUSAND years

only then did the others come

>bloodraven's children of the forest are just extremists
>>
>>69931608

That is total bullshit GRRM is completely off the show to write his book. The only thing he's done is give them some vague plot spoilers so that they are not completely off track.
>>
>>69933785
this. varys is not used to being in the dark and out of control, plus she explicitly reminded him of how out of control he is
>>
File: 1463383207205.png (273 KB, 270x551) Image search: [Google]
1463383207205.png
273 KB, 270x551
>>69933726
if you dont think hes death will worth the win game you are an idiot.
>>
>>69933101
Man, Aegon isn't even there. I know he was kind of shoehorned in and may not be truly Aegon, but after him conquering Storm's End I honestly think he'll play a pretty big part in the coming book.

And I am horrified by the idea that they'll just replace his entire invasion with Dorne attacking from the south, lead by the sneks.

>>69931608
How can it "come from" GRRM if nearly every plot line has diverged from his own story?
>>
>>69933866
he doesn't even think about the books anymore

he's published 2 books recently that have nothing to do with asoiaf
>>
>>69933785
>a lot of trust
Some trust. If she were to fail in spreading Dany's word they lose nothing. If she succeeds the people follow Dany and not her so she gains nothing. If she steps out of line, he can have her killed.

The High Priestess is a tool to spread propaganda. Varys has absolutely no reason to jump out and start bitching at a useful tool. He's spent 20+ years dealing with Aerys, Robert, Baelish, Cersei, and Joffrey. He knows how to bite his tongue or he'd have no head as well as no cock.
>>
>>69930888
This is not even implied in the books. Not only that, but even if that's what the legends said, nobody in the books actually believe in the legends about the 13th lord commander. This was at best a stupid fan theory.

In conclusion, this is a retarded post and I'm pretty sure this is actually how it's going to play out in the book as well.
>>
>>69934015
the priests have a lot of influence and presumably with the help of Varys and Tyrion they'll have even more. They could clearly hijack the message and twist it into something they like more. This is exactly what happened with KL and like I said Varys must be very wary of that
>>
>>69934006

publishing is not authoring idiot.
>>
>>69930888
>>HUGE DIVERGENCE FROM THE BOOKS (in the books the night king was created by the 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch falling in love with/fucking a White Walker woman)

Do you guys realize how idiotic this sounds?
>>
>>69934118
face it child, he doesn't give a fuck enough to finish the books. He'll do WoW and then keel over with DoS 10% done
>>
>>69934178

ahah ok, he hasn't authored a book outside of the song of ice and fire universe in six years.
>>
>>69934262
>he hasn't authored an asoiaf book in six years.
FTFY

>inb4 you post the novellas written in a weekend
>>
>>69933764
This.

Is no one concerned about this bullshit?

Why doesn't Bran just go back and unfuck everything now? The show died in this scene.
>>
>>69933442
I wouldn't mind if it was good.
>>
>>69934173
Die hard book fags (of any franchise) crack me up because they're okay with shit as long as it was in the book.
>>
>>69934392
it's pretty good. My only issue is with LF going full retard and either not knowing what Ramsay was like or not anticipating Sansa's reaction
>>
>>69934381
>Is no one concerned about this bullshit?
no because everyone except you understood the idea
>>
>>69933859
>fact
>anything about what happened thousands of years ago being fact

Top kek
>>
>>69932266
The weirwood trees were how the Old Gods saw and interacted with the world, and men were cutting them down in the war with the children of the forest to deny them power.
>>
>>69934514
He goes back in time and communicates. He altered the timeline. Explain how I am wrong and what I missed?
>>
>>69930888

>god i hate d&d so much i'm never going to watch game of thrones again (well for at least a week)
>>
>>69934581
>He altered the timeline
no he didn't. In your mind what happens in the "unaltered" timeline?
>>
>>69930888
MUH BOOKS

just wait, it's gonna be the same explanation in the books

and you will have cried for nothing
>>
>>69934680
they'll just say that GRRM sold out or gave in to the show or some bullshit like that and they'll praise the pre-show books for being the only true canon
>>
>>69934410
The problem is that Martin is an amateur. Which is good because he was able the create a unique story, on the other hand his writing style is a sin against literature.
>>
>>69934633
his going back in time created what we know as hodor.

had bran not gone back hodor would have been willis.
>>
File: GOT605_102615_HS__DSC2469[1].jpg (625 KB, 1200x1804) Image search: [Google]
GOT605_102615_HS__DSC2469[1].jpg
625 KB, 1200x1804
>all these seasons and people still cant enjoy the show as a separate creation; they continue to complain about the differences despite knowing nothing they type on their Congolese friend-making internet forum will result in the writers making the show more like the books
>>
>>69934680
Elio and Linda made a video about CotF created WW theory last week
>>
>>69934173
He isn't a big monster man in the book he's just a dude who decided he was going to be king of the wall. And he's long dead. He's like the Isildur to Jon's Aragorn

To be honest I expect the Queen is more likely to show up in the book than him. But I don't expect or want either.
>>
>>69934766
but the ink is dried on the past meaning it was already written

TIME PARADOX
>>
>>69934766
>had bran not gone back hodor would have been willis.
but Hodor is Hodor before Brann even learns about his powers. Which clearly, demonstrably, obviously shows that there is only one timeline.

>the past is written, the ink is dry
>>
>>69934806
They're literally complaining about divergence from the plot in an unreleased book
>>
>>69933086
Well, I was thinking the opposite because back when he was in Season 4 and Hardhome they casted Richard Brake who is a real actor. Now they've replaced him with some stunt guy because he's actually gonna be involved in fights, and if their plans for Brake were that disposable it probably implies no dialogue.
>>
>>69934833
If anything it shows that there has been a timeline before this one, don't try to grasp at straws, the very quote you posted explains it, we literally multiverse now.
>>
>>69934814
Well they're in on it aren't they, when George forgets something he rings them
>>
>>69934080
It's not his suspicion of the R'hllor priestess that I have a problem with, but the fact that he says what he thinks in front of the red woman. Saying this to Tyrion would be great and in character, but bitching her out (and worse, losing the confrontation) doesn't seem like something he'd do. This is a character that usually talks in innuendo , and here he is reading the God Delusion to someone whom he should be trying to manipulate.
>>
>>69934823
There's no paradox

It happened as it happened. There would only be a paradox if it didn't happen this way.
>>
File: 1461607116265.jpg (388 KB, 1803x1351) Image search: [Google]
1461607116265.jpg
388 KB, 1803x1351
Can somebody actually explain to me what happened to Hodor, beause I'm still not quite sure I'm getting it.

>Bran is enduring the vision at Winterfell, and a young Hodor catches his attention
>Bran is unaware that in the present his party is under attack by the Others and their wights
>he hears an echo of Meera screaming "Bran! Warg into Hodor! You have to warg into Hodor!
>Brinden Rivers/The 3-Eyed Raven is murdered by an other, and upon having his corporeal form dissipate in the vision, it appears that Bran is now visible to past-Hodor, who turns and stares at him
>as Hodor is staring at Bran, the echoes of Meera's screams of "Hold the door! Hold the door!" echo through that reality
>some kind of connection is established and whatever magick is involved causes Hodor to collapse and begin suffering some kind of seizure
>his mind is completely destroyed by the experience, leaving behind only the echo he heard (Hold the door > Hodor)

Is that about it?
>>
File: needle scratch.png (118 KB, 231x221) Image search: [Google]
needle scratch.png
118 KB, 231x221
*needle scratch*

Yep, that's me. I bet you're wondering how I got myself into this situation?

Well, it all started a couple of thousand years ago...
>>
>>69934523
>implying grrm is at this point capable of writing something non-linear and this isn't how it went
>>
File: 1462604318813.jpg (50 KB, 432x526) Image search: [Google]
1462604318813.jpg
50 KB, 432x526
>>69933098
>>
>>69934988
>a timeline before this one
yeah with these exact same events. Do you even read your posts? There is nothing "alternative", there haven't been 2 differing events anywhere so far
>>
>>69934381
"Am I ready?
"No"

He can't control shit nigga
>>
>>69934080
Varys is very wary of everything.

But again Varys has spent most of his life dealing with the likes of Aerys, Baelish, and Cersei. If he acted like a little bitch when things got tough he'd have been killed fifty times over by now. Him stepping up to someone he sees as an enemy when his entire thing is appearing harmless so no-one ever expects him to ruin them is stupid.
>>
>>69935074
Willis had a seizure because he experienced his own death through magic trees

That is basically it
>>
>>69934988
No we aren't your talking shit, nothing has changed.
>>
>>69935140
>>69935011
the idea was probably that he's still fucked up and hates magic and for a moment his emotions got the better of him
>>
>>69934988
How can you be this stupid? Kek
>>
File: Sarah-McDaniel-1.jpg (136 KB, 854x1282) Image search: [Google]
Sarah-McDaniel-1.jpg
136 KB, 854x1282
>>69935143

Makes sense.
>>
>>69935020
It is still a paradox.

It's a predestination paradox.

Bran caused the events that brought him there that let him cause the events that brought him there.
>>
what did the fire say to Varys?

shieet dat peenus game weak son
>>
>>69934806
Mostly the complaining is not about divergence, i's about the show being shit (see Dorne plot).
>>
>>69935284
As known as grandfather paradox
>>
>>69935074
visions are actually spacetime travel
>>
>>69930888
>taking myths as fact
lmao, idiot
>>
If GRRM hadn't been a lazy fat shit and had actually been writing the fucking book the show wouldn't have turned to shit at the behest of those to kike retards

George, die already
>>
>>69935307
lol
>>
>>69933186
I don't get why they think anyone wants to watch a naggy lecture. Kills his character
>>
>>69935307

wow was that you trying to be funny?
>>
>>69935375
the grandfather paradox relies on a freedom of choice that clearly isn't present here. He can't kill anyone who's' not "supposed" to be dead
>>
>>69935307
>>
>>69931180
>thermal detonators
That's exactly what went through my mind.
>>
>>69934806
while this is true for some fucking walnuts, some book readers are just disappointed by the wasted potential some of the storylines had. Instead of actually making an interesting medieval political thriller as started in season one it just drifted into bad poosey, dany sue, rushed side stories and plotholes. i'm fine with the show as its just a typical watered down US show as expected.
>>
>>69935284
>predestination paradox
yeah tell me more about your star trek terminology

it's not a paradox, it's a closed loop.
>>
>>69935438
No, that was top-grade GoT humour
>>
>>69931134
>>
>>69930888
In the show the Night King is just the name for the leader of the White Walkers.
>>
>>69930987
Whats this guy from again? I recognise him.
>>
Literally STRONK WOMUN: the episode

>Sansa's HOL UP *smacks lips* intimidation of Littlefinger with Brienne
>Dany's I COMMAND YOU TO LIVE
>Theon being cucked by his own sister
>Sansa needing to firmly command indecisive Jon Snow to go to war
>>
>>69930888
And?
>>
>>69935680
>americans buttblasted that uncut cock was shown to them
>>
>>69935680
What's his name, again?
>>
>>69935680
This shot was about 2 seconds too long.
>>
>>69935680
>show tits&bush 100 times
>show cock once
FUCKING DROPPED, LIBERAL GAY PROPAGANDA
>>
In the books that's told as a MYTH. It was never mean't to be an accurate explanation of how the Night King was created
>>
>>69930888
the guy looks like an andal rather than a first men
>>
>>69935645
>the term came from Star Trek so it can't be a paradox.

It's still a paradox faggot

>a statement or proposition that, despite sound (or apparently sound) reasoning from acceptable premises, leads to a conclusion that seems senseless, logically unacceptable, or self-contradictory.

Bran caused the events that led him to causing the events.
>>
>>69935680
Just noticed how perfectly hairless his balls are.
>>
>>69935307
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M
>>
>>69935187
He just doesn't seem like the kind of person to let emotions do that to him, at least out of the blue. If the red woman had mentioned knowing what the voice in the flames was before hand in a previous scene, and then he went on his speech, that'd make sense. Here though, he was bootyblasted well before he got bootyblasted, laying into her without a catalyst to explain why he's so emotional. It just seems really strange and out of character.
>>
>>69933186
That scene was stupid but LIttlefinger needed to be called out on that.
It was really fucking stupid leaving her with Ramsay
>>
>>69935806
they haven't shown up close vulva though
>>
File: BasedWithnail.png (1 MB, 1024x650) Image search: [Google]
BasedWithnail.png
1 MB, 1024x650
>>69932983
All this is true but for me the highlight was just suddenly seeing Kevin Eldon and Richard E Grant on HBO if only for a fleeting moment.

Now I just want a spin off about a failed thespian and comedy actor entitled Westeros and I
>>
>It's a wart. 2 warts! I've got two fokin warts on me cock!

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>69935111
Thats because there hasn't been time travel thus far, except for the brief moment when Bran spoke to his father in the past.

The truth of this will be revealed when they use Bran to go back in time to deliver information directly.

Screen cap this.
>>
>>69933014
now is she inserting dragonglass into the dude? why would it turn him into a waterbender? it seemed to me that obsidian was associated with fire, not ice.
>>
>>69933429
If it's inhuman then it's not beautiful to humans. Well normies anyways. Fantasy bullshit.

>Bravo GRRM
>>
>>69935530
This child is my kind of scum; fearless and inventive.
>>
>>69935976
just more proof that uncutfags get all sorts of penis diseases
>>
>>69935925
>stupid
>he thinks it wasn't intentional

WEW Lad, really this stupid?
>>
>>69935849

gotta be difficult to do with medieval shears
>>
>>69935976
That he has 2 warts on his cock
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-22-17h49m35s64.png (2 MB, 1910x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-22-17h49m35s64.png
2 MB, 1910x1080
>>69931753
> B-but we 'ad a deel, i'm dun unjoosted
> I stand you think yoo can't be trusted!

Best ensemble cast ever.
>>
>>69930888

wrong you retard

the 13th lord commander and the current nights king are two compeltely different people

the 13th lord commander did, as you say, wed a woman who is described to look like a white walker, he declared himself the nights king and it became a myth story. whether true or not is unkown

this leader of the white walkers is not at all the same nights king. he has simply been dubbed as the nights king by fans, its not his official name, he is not the 13th lord commander of the nights watch.
>>
>>69935976

2 warts + 2 balls = 4

the dragon has 4 heads, not 3
>>
>>69935925

It was pretty fucking stupid, book little finger definitely want to fuck her himself.

He would probably rape her but I think he gets off on brainwashing her into loving him.
>>
>>69936257
why not?
>>
>>69935976
>first decent scene in a while
>cuts straight to a pointless frame-full of cock afterwards

BRAVO D&D

Seriously, what was the point?
>>
>>69936127

>if its not human its not attractive to humans

what are elves
>>
>>69935810
>Its a myth
No it isn't. Its a Myth he was shagging an Other, but the 13th commander declaring himself king of the wall is a documented fact.
He is only called the Night's King because he was King of the Night's Watch and they didn't want to honor his name.
That is why they aren't allowed walls around the castles on the south side.
>>
>>69936257
This + you seem smart, can you tell me this

What if the scene where the CotF stabbed the guy with obsidian, was them creating a white walker but there were ones before?

Also, why doesn't bran go back in time, warg into hodor, get him to write something down about events at the bloodraven thus stopping brandon from being touched by WW and thereby saving everyone
>>
>>69936462
>Also, why doesn't bran go back in time, warg into hodor, get him to write something down
BRANN
CAN'T
CHANGE
THE
PAST
IT'S
ALL
PREDETERMINED
>>
>>69935693
Kevin Eldon? He's been a tonne of patrician comedies in the UK.
>>
>>69933014
WTF is happening here.
>>
>>69936257
>he has simply been dubbed as the nights king by fans, it's not his official name

Bran literally called him Night King and D&D literally call him Night King. He's officially Night King.

But the legend we're familiar with is just that, a legend. It's not real, it's not true, it's not what actually happened. Age of Heroes and all the stories before and around that time is nothing but bullshit
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 250x272
>>69931180
>In the books
>>
>>69930888
I"M DIVERGENT
>>
>>69936396
raging feminists. literally.
>>
>>69931854
A lot of loyalty for a hired adaptation
>>
>>69936208

are u dumb
>>
>>69936386

GRRM explicitly stated that the nights king and the current king of the others are not the same person.

the 13th lord commander did nothing more than convert to white walker worship, he sacrificed to them and made them his god. he didn't turn into a white walker, and why would the white walkers accept some guy as their eternal nights king. and the story states he was killed in the end once the king in the north and the king beyond the wall united against him.

this led to the nights watch castles not having any walls on their southern side, to stop them from trying another rebellion
>>
>>69936208
We've had razors and wax since at least the bronze age.
Hair removal isn't difficult.
>>
>>69936511
Then how did he get wylis to hear the future, he could probably get Wylis to write something down when he became hodor
>>
>>69936567
>>69936567
>>69936567
>>69936567

Book Littlefinger:
>cunning, manipulative, and intelligent but works behind the scenes and avoids attention
>his schemes have casualties but he isn't truly malicious to anyone other than those that directly threaten him
>knows when not to overstep his bounds for self-preservation

Show Littlefinger:
>Mustachio-twirling Bond villain who routinely threatens or antagonizes people for no reason, including those powerful enough to have him killed.
>Instead everyone ignores him simply because he wears plot-armor so thick it makes Batman weep.
>>
>>69936774
Willis always heard the future and Wilis never wrote anything down. Willis always heard the exact same thing and ended up the exact same way in order for Brann to do what he did in the last episode
>>
>>69936817
Perfect, the explanation I was looking for, damn, wish he'd come back
>>
>>69936707

shave your nuts with a straight razor and tell me that again
>>
>>69936462

well possible, but doubtful, I feel like bloodraven was showing bran the very first white walker. to show how they first came about. i imagine they'll elaborate more as bran starts to adventure into the past himself without bloodraven to stop him

that is tredding on the classic time travel questions, if X can go into the past then why doesnt he do Y to stop Z from happening in the fierst place? he doesnt because plot. because if you go down that line, you can write off the show and end it immediately. so i'd say simply because plot
>>
>>69936774
Wyllis (Hodor) never wrote anything down because he was mind-fucked after what Bran did to him.

He basically let a 13/14 year old boy experience his OWN death in the future - but the sharp, cold claws of the dead rending through his flesh while a mental message was blared through his mind.

There is a reason Hodor is an extreme fucking coward - he knows how he dies (though he doesnt seem to know when) and always runs from combat/cowers from it.
>>
>>69935284
At least he isn't his own grandpa.
>>
>>69936807
Oh man, shut up with your nonsense, he's the same in the show, he killed joffrey, he does everything behind the scenes
it's just when it comes to sansa he's defferent cause he loved the shit out of caitlin and he sees sansa as cakelin
>>
>>69936888
Yea, hope they dont interstellar GoT
>>
>>69930888
>Some rumor mentioned offhandedly is the TRUTH!
t. bookfag that doesn't know how to take anything with a grain of salt.

There were like 5 different theories about Jon's parentage floated in the book too, do you believe all of them simultaneously?

Dipshit.
>>
>>69936564

yes he is called the nights king by the script, but hes not the 13th lord commander

when first seeing him in the crasters baby bonus scene GRRM got inundated with a bunch of fans asking if this was the 13th lord commander and the actual nights king, he said no it isnt.
>>
>>69936907
Oh man, I wish all this would have ended differently, I loved how he always said 'hodor' and through the emotion in his expression you could see what he meant
>>
File: sg.jpg (649 KB, 2000x1250) Image search: [Google]
sg.jpg
649 KB, 2000x1250
>>69935284
>>69935284

This.

The form of Time-Travel they used is surprisingly one of the least bullshit forms of it.

But yes, its a Paradox Loop (Most forms of Time-Travel have Paradoxes). It seems GRRM drilled it clear how Time-Warging works in his world (which is good because it preserves the relevancy of the shows events since Bran cant just FIX THE PAST).

"The past is set, the ink is dry."

Bran is in a self-contained loop. Hodor is fucked up because Bran warged him, which leads to Hodor taking him safely to the North where Bran will warg him which will fuck him up which leads to Hodor taking him safely to the North etc etc etc.

There is no 'start' to the loop. Thats the paradox - because everything in that loop is pre-written. Bran just fulfills his end.
>>
>>69935976

Why is everyone in GoT uncut? It's disgusting.
>>
>>69937137
let's go with the theory that BR is future bran
Bran likes to toy around
what if BR told bran not to warg into young wylis, could that do something?
>>
>>69937229
no Judaism or Islam to ruin everything for everyone
>>
>>69933679

>varys being very anxious about a religious socerous being involved with them is stupid

no

1- varys has explicitly stated why he hates people who use blood magic, like the red priests. he was mutialted by a sorcerer as a young boy, and heard a voice come from the flame. can you even imagine the mental imprint something as traumatising as having your cock and balls chopped off and hearing a demons voice at a young age?

2- varys was show to be unbelievably helpful to tyrion when he thought stannis might take kings landing, he did this because he knew stannis had melisandre burning idols and worshiping their blood god,
throughout the show he has shown an absolute intolerance for anyone who is linked to blood magic

had he been fine with the red priestess, that wouldve been stupid because that would mean D&D had forgotten how varys has massive ptsd about sorcerers.

it perfectly fits his character, and if you dont think so youre a dumb twat
>>
>>69937229
Well it's not our problem, i dont look at the dicks plus its not mine so no nasty infections for me or nasty dick
>>
>>69935976
it's jewish propaganda
only cut dicks are healthy, uncut is wrong
>>
>>69930888

I see the whole point of the Braavos play was lost on you

History isn't written or remembered as it happened

Do you honestly fucking think he ran away with a female white walker?

There's enough clues in the books that point to the children creating the white walkers, if you're too fucking dumb to pick up on that it's not the showrunners fault.
>>
>>69936996
He's not the Lord Commander Night's King cause that wasn't a real person.

You think Garth Greenhand, the Grey King or the other dudes from the Age of Heroes were real?
>>
>>69937229
>non-mutilated genitals
>disgusting
>>
>>69931180
>MUH BOOKS
>MUH BOOKS
>MUH BOOKS
>MUH BOOKS

u mad child
>>
>>69937229
>Why don't you mutilate your genitals lol

Ahahahahahahaaaaaaaa
>>
>>69937137
The problem people people have with it is that it seems like it was set up by the bran or that old guy, and they can only get the motivation to do that once they get attacked by the zambambos
>>
>>69937309
You nailed it.
>>
File: emfZ9gN[1].jpg (77 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
emfZ9gN[1].jpg
77 KB, 1280x544
>>69937443

>non-mutilated head and facial hair
>disgusting
>>
>>69935284
Time travel can only exist by traveling to a parallel universe. Therefore it can't be a paradox as Bran simply wargs into Hodor in an alternate universe in order to spark the events in that universe. A different Bran set in motion the events of the GoT universe.
>>
>>69933726
classic igor
>>
>>69936880
see the word wax.
>>
File: 1461082558488.png (1008 KB, 692x694) Image search: [Google]
1461082558488.png
1008 KB, 692x694
>>69930888
>in the books the night king was created by the 13th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch falling in love with/fucking a White Walker woman
>if that happened in the show, /tv/ would meme whine about MUH STRONK WOMYNZ
>mfw
>>
So are the children of the forest all ded now or what?
>>
>>69930888
This episode was dumb on so many levels.
>>
>>69932266
>M-MUH PERSECUTION COMPLEX

but "men" in the context that plant bitch was talking about literally includes female humans.
>>
I'm getting a real halo vibe from this shit now

>forerunners wage war on more advanced race
>they in a last ditch effort create the flood to fight back
>flood goes out of control and destroys absolutely everything
>>
>>69937229
>mutilated jewfag gets jealous of pretty cock
What a surprise, how are things going their crusty?
>>
File: 1710520.jpg (33 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1710520.jpg
33 KB, 490x490
>>69937229
spotted the guy with the mutilated genitals.
>>
>>69936253
Literally perfect tits
>>
File: Videodrome.jpg (39 KB, 590x318) Image search: [Google]
Videodrome.jpg
39 KB, 590x318
That scene reminded me of this movie
>>
It's never confirmed that the night king actually exists (the lord commander that fell in love) but the fact that the show used the name Night King when it literally refers to the lord commander that styled himself king of the NIGHTFORT

I mean the wall wasn't even built when they created that walker in the show, and from the looks of it, winter didn't even exist back then, it was a byproduct of the walkers
>>
File: no lips.jpg (46 KB, 458x687) Image search: [Google]
no lips.jpg
46 KB, 458x687
>>69937673
>Non-mutilated lips
>disgusting
>>
>>69937754
Am I pulling at straws or is there a coincidence between night king being the 13th LC and there being 13 white walkers in black in S4 Oathkeeper?
>>
>>69937673
>hair grows back
>Your penis protector doesn't.
Also you'll find jews and muslims aren't keen on cutting the head and facial hair. Because they're backwards.
>>
>>69938058
which they both stole from the Matrix
>>
File: Humans-with-webbed-feet[1].jpg (14 KB, 370x386) Image search: [Google]
Humans-with-webbed-feet[1].jpg
14 KB, 370x386
>>69938129

>non.mutilated waterworld style post apocalyptic mutated webbed feet
>disgusting
>>
>>69930888
Book's "Night's King" was just the title he took.

Show Night's King is just what they call him instead of Top Walker Faggot.

Different characters.
>>
>>69938373

>he doesn't even into cronenberg
>>
>>69935085
underrated
>>
>>69936817
How the fuck do you know?
>>
>>69938165
Grasping at straws, book and show night king aren't the same dude as the show night king came to be thousands of years before the wall was erected
>>
>>69938420
long live the new flesh motherfucker
>>
>>69938493
because Hodor is Hodor before the events of the last episode so it clearly keeps happening. Plus old guy said clearly "you can't change the past"
>>
>>69938058
Death to Videodrome!

Long live the new flesh!
>>
File: :got:.png (216 KB, 928x410) Image search: [Google]
:got:.png
216 KB, 928x410
>>
>>69938380
You're clutching at straws here.

Its fine you know anon if you like your bare bell.
But personally I think its better with a foreskin.
Just hope you got the choice, and sorry if you didn't.
>>
File: Top kek.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
Top kek.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>69937678
>Time travel can only exist by traveling to a parallel universe.

Top fucking kek. And your source for this in ASOIAF or GoT is what exactly?

Oh yeah, your ass
>>
>>69931180
Because, he's holding a Thermal Detonator!!!
>>
>>69933101
You forgot Jamie telling Tyrion his dad fabricated his wife's whore status.

And generally, Jamie's entire arch.
>>
>>69933014
>Primitive black penetrates pure, honorful white and the result is massive destruction of both

PoEtRy
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.