[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /tv/ ever been to Disney World? It's a true kino theme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: FM70332-as-Smart-Object-1-copy.jpg (3 MB, 2000x1363) Image search: [Google]
FM70332-as-Smart-Object-1-copy.jpg
3 MB, 2000x1363
Has /tv/ ever been to Disney World? It's a true kino theme park that really is magical.
>>
I have. The parks are all hit and miss.

Universal is an overall better experience.
>>
Been to Florida and Paris.

Florida is fucking magical.
>>
>>69924069
Too expensive and crowded
You go on like 3 rides a day
>>
>>69924710
>not learing the routes to see everything in one day
Pleb
>>
No. Never went on any big vacation of any kind. Family doesn't have enough time and money to do thing. I've never left the county desu.
>>
>>69924834
Where you live?
>>
>>69924710
You really have to plan it out and get fast passes in advance. You also have to do it over 5-7 days to do pretty much everything

>>69924424
blasphemy

>>69924834
I highly recommend it, if you researched the attention to detail they have you'll appreciate it as a man-made wonder of the world
>>
>>69924424
Shit taste.
Universal staff is nothing but Disney's rejects.
>>
Fucking lame that Universal still has the marvel rights. Disney had sone,awesome iron man rides planned
they cant do.
>>
>>69925037

It's better overall. Parks like Animal Kingdom and Epcot are GOAT, but Magic Kingdom, etc. are total fucking shit tier. I love standing in line for 2 hours to be on a ride for 3 minutes. Express passes don't even help there.

Universal might not be GOAT, but going there is at least an overall enjoyable experience.
>>
>>69924069
>walt doing a nazi salute

what did he mean by this?
>>
No wdw is a film but dl is kino
>>
>>69925197
It's not all about the rides man. Sure MK has long queues, but the atmosphere alone it ten times better than anything you'll get at Universal.
If you plan properly you can get all the worthwhile rides done with almost no wait anyway. The only things you really miss out on are shit like Peter Pan/Winne the Pooh.
>>
>>69924069
Where is that, the capital of Turkmenistan?
>>
>>69924069

Some fun rides but long lines. The daily tickets are expensive and so are the food/drinks in the park.

>>69924424

Universal Studios has better rides overall the Disney World for the more adult oriented such as roller coasters.
>>
Can trannies use the rest room at the magic kingdom? I want to dress like Snow White and like a toliet seat after a 13 year old girl took a dump
>>
>>69924953
Some shithole in PA
>>
>>69925345
Adults cant wear costumes
>>
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1460541039338.jpg (157 KB, 801x930) Image search: [Google]
1460541039338.jpg
157 KB, 801x930
>>69924069
Is it true that Drake Bell lives in Disney World?
>>
First time i was only 6. It was the 25th anniversary year so the castle was done up like a big birthday cake.

Went again as an adult for 2 weeks in 2014. Did all the disney parks + universal + sea world. Had a great time. I'm a ride pleb so my favourite places were Universal Studios & Island of Adventure.

If anyone wants to go i recommend November time. Kids are in school, every day is a pleasant 25-30C and there's no hurricanes.
>>
I've been 4 times to Disney World and about 6 times to Disneyland.

I still love the parks even at my 26 years of age. It might be the nostalgia of my parents taking me there as a kid but even then I can still go as an adult and have a good time. It's all about not taking yourself too seriously.

>inb4 se cynical 2edgy4u angsty teenager comes out and tells me that Disney is an evil Jew company and whatever

I know. I know about all the tricks they pull on the guests, I know about the scented smells pumped through out the park. It still is a good place to take your kids so they can have fun.
>>
>>69925448
Its great now
>>
>>69924424
Are you fucking retarded.
>>
>>69924069
I am going to Disneyland on Thursday. Too poor and wrong coast for World.
>>
File: 2422666-1.jpg (12 KB, 228x227) Image search: [Google]
2422666-1.jpg
12 KB, 228x227
>>69925661
Did they show the "Nazi supermen are our superiors" film?
>>
Disneyworld a shit, Disneyland is actually better and I'll tell you why.

Let's first off make this clear, Disneyland and Disneyworld share almost the same exact attractions. Sure there's a few rides that are at Disneyworld that Disneyland does have and vice versa but like 90% of the parks share the same stuff.

Now here's where things diverge, Disneyland is composed to TWO THEME PARKS. Disneyworld is composed of FOUR THEME PARKS (three if you count the glorified Zoo). So in order to experience all you'd want to see in Disneyworld you have to go on four different days (trust me you're not going to do the hassle of traveling to two parks on the same day), whereas Disneyland you only have to go to two. Here's some other facts:

>Disneyworld is more popular, that means longer lines for EVERYTHING
>Disneyworld is in Orlando Florida, a humid shithole
>Walt Disney actually made Disneyland and is the original and the Magic Kingdom is just an imitation.
>Disneyland has Indiana Jones Adventure, which is a GOAT dark coaster.

Disneyland > Disneyworld.

With that said Universal Studios Orlando is way better than the Hollywood Counterpart. But if you just want Disney you're better off with Disneyland.
>>
>>69925031
>do you really have to plan to get fast passes days in advanced?
I went there this March. Apparently yeah you have to reserve your fast passes online. It used to be that you could go to the ride I'm person, go up to a machine, select a time and get your pass there and come back when it was time...but that was 10 years ago

Now there's an app you have to use.

The crowds are fucking massive. I'm talking about 200 minute waiting line for the tower of terror at Hollywood studios
>>
File: 1387721673809.png (101 KB, 252x311) Image search: [Google]
1387721673809.png
101 KB, 252x311
>not living in an upper class town that sends its high school seniors to disney world for spring break
>not having a friend in your group who's been there every year since he was like 7 or some shit and knows how to do the parks by heart
>not having an amazing time with your bros after you know you've gotten into your top choice school and you're pretty much done with school

wew lads
>>
File: 29e.jpg (77 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
29e.jpg
77 KB, 680x1020
>>69924069
>I learned I new word and must absolutely post a new thread with it inside so I can get my daily dose of (you)
>>
>>69925842
Theres more to do at dls two parks then wdws 4
>>
>>69925920
>>not having an amazing time with your bros after you know you've signed up for 4 years of overpriced uni right after getting out of mandatory schooling
FTFY
>>
>tfw the people you're with wanna do It's a Small World

Fucking piece of shit ride that is only still there due to nostalgia. It takes up a huge amount of space too, they could put a really awesome ride in it's place if they wanted.
>>
I live in Orlando and I prefer Universal, in fact i have an annual pass. Disney has become too expensive and too crowded. Sometimes it gets so crowded that people are literally at a standstill. Also they haven't really been doing anything new besides trying to make Hollywoood studios into a Star Wars park. EPCOT is nice though especially during the flower and garden festival.
>>
>>69926168
It will really be interesting how the Disney keeps managing the parks. There's going to be a day where the guys in control say "Yeah we need to get rid of this old crap."

I mean I'll always have nostalgia for the Pirates of the Caribbean, but after 4 decades of innovation the truth is it feels very antiquated. I can't imagine kids today think highly of it after doing seeing the Harry Potter rides.

Disneyland is going to get a whole Star Wars land so clearly they haven't ran out of real estate just yet but there's only so much 1 park can contain and maintenance has to play a factor too.

I just hope Disney is able to keep the Dark Humor that Disneyland had from the beginning. I like how a kiddy ride like Mr. Toad ends with you literally going to hell.
>>
It's great if you enjoy paying a $100 to wait in line 2 hours to go on a 20 second ride.
>>
>>69926665
>Mr Toads Wild Ride
That was my favorite before they replaced it with winnie the pooh in Disneyworld
>>
Islands of Adventure is objectively better.

Spider-Man ride a GOAT
>>
>>69926783
>wait in line 2 hours

Don't go at peak times then dipshit. If you go at the beginning of the year or end of the year you can just jump straight on most rides. Only shit like Harry Potter will you have to actually wait, and even then it's only like 20 mins max.
>>
>>69925905
If the demand is so big why don't they expand and build more?
>>
>>69927473
they're hardly making much profit off the parks as it is. it's more cost effective to re-decorate existing space to whatever flavor of the month franchise is hip with today's kids.

Disneyland Paris is probably holding them back a lot. That place haemorrhages money. Plus they just opened one in Shanghai.
>>
>>69925704
>scented smells pumping through the park

What?
>>
>>69924069
Ceder point in Ohio is where men go. Roller coasters are all that matters, not your gay little thematic rides. That being said I had a horrible time at Disney in Florida. EFF Indian people. Sorry Indian people but holy shit are you rude and smelly. At first I thought ok maybe its just that family, but no every one of them (employees included) smelled like a dead anus and were some of the rudest people I've ever encountered. I went to hollywood studio park and animal kingdom. Animal place would have been cool if it wasn't Asia level crowded; every line was 6 hours not even exaggerating. The yeti ride was cool. Don't remember most of it. The "safari" was some lady going 40 mph and going theresagorrillatheresanelephanttheresanothermonkeyandweredone. Universal/islands of adventure and Busch gardens both blow Disney away both in themes and rides. Jurassic park river raft for best movie ride. Shame they got rid of jaws. Scariest shit ever as a kid.
>>
Orlando Native here.

Disney probably a better overall experience, especially for kids.

Universal has better rides and you can drink alcohol in the park. Definitely more adult-friendly.

I've had an annual pass at Universal of and on since around 2010. Grew up going to both. They are fun when it isn't too crowded; since I live here I typically don't go during peak hours/dates
>>
>>69926665
Pirates is classic Walt and it has ties into the movies they wouldt ditch it
>>
>>69926943
This. Hulk coaster is GOAT along with dudley doo right ripsaw falls. cartoon land, Jurassic park, harry potter world, and even Dr Seuss land are more immersive and exciting than Disneys places
>>
I visit DW and Universal every year and Universal feels way to disjointed to me now.
You can really see how run down and ignored some areas are, such as the ET/Fievil's play area in Universal and the Cartoon and Suess lands in Islands of Adventure.
All the money went into Harry Potter and it shows in the other areas. Really ruins it for me.
>>
who /theme park youtube watcher/ here?

watching people have fun exploring the parks is maximum comfy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy9tEBhE16E
>>
>>69924710
The animal kingdom one was my favorite just because it was so much lower key than the other ones
I hated the main castle one
>>
>>69925842
>Disneyworld is more popular, that means longer lines for EVERYTHING
Was visiting in California for Christmas this year. The lines to get into Disneyland were stretched out about a mile and looked like it took at least 2 hours just to get into the park. This was first thing in the morning when it opened. I've never seen that kind of a wait at DW
>Disneyworld is in Orlando Florida, a humid shithole
Yeah, and Anaheim is that much better. Go two blocks the wrong way and you are likely to get mugged.
>Walt Disney actually made Disneyland and is the original and the Magic Kingdom is just an imitation.
Walt Disney planned DisneyWorld after he realized what a shithole Disneyland was. He spent years acquiring the land and planning the parks and resorts. Just because he died before it officially opened doesn't mean he didn't have his hand in it.
>Disneyland has Indiana Jones Adventure, which is a GOAT dark coaster
I'll give you that
>>
>>69928419
Love watching TheTimTracker's videos. Not watched many others.
>>
>>69928419
Never thought to do that, might give a try; I do always watch the theme park and water park shows on the travel channel. Now those are comfy.
>>
>>69924069
Star Wars ride when
>>
File: 2011-08-30-06.26.33.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1987) Image search: [Google]
2011-08-30-06.26.33.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1987
>>69928547
>>
>>69924069
splash mountain is kino
>>69928419
adamthewoo is also kino
>>
>>69924069
Disney World is truly theme parks as an art form
Universal seems to be quickly rising to their standard
>>
>>69926093
>low GPA detected
Tell me, how does it feel knowing you fucked yourself out of a good life?

In twenty years when you're still driving your 2002 civic to and from your one bedroom apartment and your job as a cashier at Wal Mart you will briefly catch a glimpse of me driving my new BMW to the beach with my happy family all laughing. And you will think "man, I wish I would have taken high school seriously..."
>>
>>69927795
Interesting, guess they never should have set foot in Europe.
>>
>>69928927
they are trying to expand into the muslim market
>>
>>69927795
>they're hardly making much profit off the parks as it is.
BULLSHIT.
>>
>>69928927
Britfag here. It costs almost as much for me to book a hotel/tickets at Disnland Paris for a few days as it would for hotel/tickets for Disney World. I'd much rather spend extra on travel to do the better Disney parks as well as Universal.
>>
>>69928971
kek
>>
>all these retards who don't plan ahead and expect the best holiday
Disney is objectively a GOAT vacation if you actually research and plan your shit out in advance but if you just walk in and do random stuff with no logic it's not going to work out
>>
File: evanspakentlaffin.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
evanspakentlaffin.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>69928837
you graduated last week didn't you
>>
>>69929183
>not getting a room at Animal Kingdom where giraffes and peacocks roam the grounds
P L E N
>>
File: Cars-Land-Day-Tips[1].jpg (740 KB, 2048x1344) Image search: [Google]
Cars-Land-Day-Tips[1].jpg
740 KB, 2048x1344
>>69925448
It's amazing now and has one of the best rides in both parks
>>
>>69928464
>I am a retard and don't understand why Disneyland is busy on Christmas during it's 60th anniversary
>>
>>69929423
Dl xmas is so comfy
>>
>>69929216
Yea, from uni that is.
>>
>>69929539
Pay debts
>>
File: large[1].jpg (120 KB, 690x690) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
120 KB, 690x690
>>69927795
>The Shanghai park hasn't even opened yet and it's already being turned to shit by the Chinese

JUST
>>
>>69929577
Nice joke, when you excel in high school, uni pays you to go there.
>22
>debt free
>20k in the bank
>making 60k a year

Feels good being an engineering God. ;^)
>>
>tfw when elsa waves at you
Hnnng
>>
>>69929893
I'm more of an Ariel kinda guy.
>>
File: mtt984737[1].jpg (2 MB, 3000x2400) Image search: [Google]
mtt984737[1].jpg
2 MB, 3000x2400
When will it die?
>>
>>69929964
Oh man the actress who played Ariel at Hollywood studios was so hot I had to hide my boner under the park map
>>
When is this happening?
>>
>>69929964
So im i but it was still cool
>>
>>69927818
Please respond
>>
>>69928837
>He fell for "le 300k starting" meme.
Oh no.
I would laugh but I just feel bad.
>>
>>69924710
>3 rides a day
Are you serious, m8? I just went to Disney World here in Florida (2 hours away from me) in early May & we did everything.
You can do 2 parks in 1 day & get almost everything done.
>>
File: SmellsPolyBottle.jpg (148 KB, 800x914) Image search: [Google]
SmellsPolyBottle.jpg
148 KB, 800x914
>>69927818
>>69930453
They pump scents into certain areas of the park to make it more immersive. Think Soarin' style except more subtle.
>>
>>69930261
2019 for orlando if not sooner
>>
>used to go to disneyland with friend and his brother in the 90s
>got to the front of the line cause his brother had "autism"
>in reality he was misdiagnosed and was actually just retarded

DISNEY BTFO

RUSED AND PLAYED LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE
>>
Fuck you OP for letting me find this thread just when I'm about to leave so I can't reply

But Disney World is the fucking shit. I've been there like 3 times and every time it is fucking awesome. I could easily be mistaken for a Disney shill I love the place so much.
>>
>>69930561
Wierd. I've been to Disney twice (last time was seven years ago though)and never smelt such things.
>>
>>69930170

Toontown is comfy as fuck.

When will YOU die, plebian?
>>
>>69924069
Isn't there literally a club 33 there to signify Walt Disney being a level 33 mason (illuminati)?
>>
>>69930520
Fuckin kek, have fun having to buy offbrand groceries just to pay your rent on time, poorfag! ;P
>>
>>69930733
My granddad just died and I got a shitload of money and my parents own two houses.

I have more than you and I barely finished high school. Enjoy working in Starcucks.
>>
>>69930170
>>69930721
Toontown has been long gone, anons.
>>
>>69930786
are you sure that's your life or are you just reciting the plot of Richie Rich
>>
BEST RIDES AT EACH PARK:

MK - Haunted Mansion
Epcot - Test Track
Hollywood Studios - Aerosmith
AK - Dinosaur

Universal Studios - Rip Ride Rocket
Island of Adventure - The Incredible Hulk

Sea World - Manta
>>
>>69930733
>;P
>>/out/
>>
>>69930170
as long as they still keep doing those meet and greet photo ops, probably never.

also what's the best place to eat at the florida parks? i remember going with my parents as a kid and we went to this cool drive-in movie theater themed restaurant. don't think the food was particularly great though. if i ever go back i'll try and buy a meal from every section of epcot.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 900x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 900x676
>>69930727
True anon
>>
Any Britfags here?

Alton Towers should be re-named Muslim towers.
>>
File: 1461546577640.jpg (12 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
1461546577640.jpg
12 KB, 353x352
>>69930884
>Dinosaur
My fucking nigger, that ride is my favorite in AK, too - one of my favorite rides in all of WDW.

>tfw they had to dumb it down to make it less frightening for kids

Will they ever restore all of the effects, music, animatronic movements, etc.?
>>
>>69928419
Only ones I watch are when Mega64 goes to Anaheim Disney or videos of Tokyo Disney Sea. Tokyo Disney looks really comfy.
>>
>>69930832
Nah, I'm a 6'0"" cook at Wendy's with an 8 inch cock. Making 60k a year.
>>
Land>World
>>
>>69930936
I live an hour from Alton Towers.

Haven't in like 10 years. I'm piss scared of heights so rollercoasters are a no-no, which leaves me with a pretty poor offering of rides whenever I go.
>>
>>69924069
Been to EuroDisney several times, very enjoyable. I'm amazed they are able to keep the park so clean and tidy despite the thousands that go through it every day.
>>
>>69930561
>Refresheing
>>
>>69930884
Magic Kingdom - Splash Mountain
EPCOT - Test Track (Old version was better theming, new version's theming isn't as good)
Hollywood Studios - Tower of Terror
Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest

Universal Studios - Men In Black
Islands of Adventure - The Incredible Hulk

Sea World - Manta
Busch Gardens - Montu
>>
>>69930832
>>69931024
>Replying to your own post so your shitty joke didn't go to waste
What a world
>>
>>69931024

Stop reciting Richie Rich.
>>
>>69930884
>AK - Dinosaur
What the fuck? AK is all about the safari thing.
>OH SHIT, POACHERS!

I love the Rock'n'Rollercoaster but I'd say it's a tie between that, The Great Movie Ride, and the Tower of Terror.
>>
Indiana Jones>Splash Mountain>Space Mountain>Pirates>Star Tours>Thunder Mountain>Haunted Mansion>Matterhorn
>>
>>69930827
Not in cali or japan
>>
Who DisneyQuest here

I went in 2004 and it was the most disappointing thing I've ever experienced.
>>
>>69931024
you forgot the personal McDonalds in your home.
>>
>>69931152
Less than an hour for me.
My brother and I have the top score on Time Crisis 3 in one of the arcade.
>>
File: 1457511363227.png (1 MB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1457511363227.png
1 MB, 557x605
Who /peoplemover/ here?
>>
>>69925448
Are you kidding me? It's just as good as Disneyland, if not better in some aspects
>>
>>69931291
Disney Quest is so disappointing, I remember going a few times, once when I was younger and once more recently, almost nothing had changed. It's really dated now.
>>
>>69925842
Disney World is great because it's not in the middle of the industrial wasteland that is Anaheim. That's what feels so magical about Disney World, it's in the middle of nowhere so you actually feel like you're somewhere far away
>>
>>69925448
Tower of Terror is freaking amazing
Gay they're ruining it by turning it into some Marvel shit
>>
>>69930990 its going down for refurb soon so its possible
>>
>>69931375
Best comfy ride in a Disney park. It's fantastic at night.
>>
>>69930884
MK - Splash Mountain
Epcot - Test Track
Hollywood Studios - Rock n' Roller Coaster
AK - Expedition Everest

I agree with the rest of yours though desu famalam
>>
File: 8402818_orig[1].jpg (93 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
8402818_orig[1].jpg
93 KB, 600x400
Who /oswald/ here?
>>
File: broccoli.jpg (17 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
broccoli.jpg
17 KB, 512x384
Best Epcot ride was Spaceship Earth. I went when it had the Jeremy Irons voice over. That ride is like a trip through Civilization. And at the end there was a long starfield tunnel and you just listened to that amazing music.

I heard that they've ruined it though. Added a touch screen Jetson's quiz thing to the end which ruins it.
>>
>>69931467
Wait seriously? When was this announced?
I just got back from a trip 2 weeks ago & I couldn't go on it because of some mechanical issues. I was mad bummed I couldn't go on, I fucking adore that ride.
>>
>>69931699
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm
>Dinosaur closed- 7/25/2016- 9/29/2016
>>
Disneyland is better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY52WgFFnbw

rocco botte talking about disneyland vs disneyworld
>>
>>69931786
Thanks for the link, anon.
I'm REALLY hoping that they bring back the original stuff (save Dr. Seeker's dialogue, I like the current version way better), I think it would make the experience a shitton more awesome.
Especially the animatronic movements, but at this point who knows.
>>
>you will never experience Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Tours, and Haunted Mansion for the first time ever again
>>
>>69930907
Try to go to EPCOT during either the Food and Wine or Flower and Garden festivals. They have a lot more to eat and it's a bit cheaper so you can try food at each stand.
>>
>>69932100
Pirates of the Caribbean was boring my first time but my second time it turned into my favorite ride
>>
>>69924069
I worked there.
Universal is better.

But when it comes to DW, Magic Kingdom is not the best park.
That's probably Animal Kingdom or Hollywood studios.
Epcot is fun if you want to just look at things and learn.
>>
Comfiest line? I'd say the line for Indiana or Tower of Terror
>>
>>69932363
Tower of Terror line and pre-ride section are a fucking artform.

I like the queue decoration and themeing in general for the rides at the parks. I remember when I played RCT2 I would decorate the shit out of the queue.
>>
>>69932363
The new Star Tours line is pretty damn cool as well
But my favorite line is probably in the Haunted Mansion
>>
>>69930884
MK - Space Mountain
Epcot - Test Track
Hollywood Studios - Star Tours
AK - Dinosaur

Universal Studios - The Mummy
Islands of Adventure - Spiderman
>>
>>69932363
Star tours by far
>>
>>69932679
ET was the best
>>
>>69932363
The queue for E.T. at universal studios is my favorite
>>
>>69932363
>browsing /tv/
>not thinking The Great Movie Ride has the best line
If I remember correctly it's like a recreation of the Chinese Theatre and there are tons of props and posters from classic films.
>>
>>69932814
I'll always love E.T. but the Mummy is more fun imo. Back to the Future was my favorite ride before they shut it down.
>>
>>69929774
For fuck sakes which jew decided it was a great idea to build a park in Shanghai
>>
>>69932970
containment zone, anon. keeps the chinese tourists in china. they probably save money because the chinks aren't vandalising world heritage sites or theme parks around the world.
>>
>>69931451
>turning it into some Marvel shit

Please tell me they aren't actually doing that.
>>
>>69924424
>he goes to theme parks for the rides
>>
File: gotg-star-lord-dance-off[1].jpg (150 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
gotg-star-lord-dance-off[1].jpg
150 KB, 1080x720
>>69933093
Look it up. They are turning it into Meme Tower
>>
>>69925905
>I'm talking about 200 minute waiting line for the tower of terror at Hollywood studios
Holy fuck. I went in 2007, so my memory might be a bit hazy, but I think it was max half an hour. That wasn't even fast pass.
>>
>>69924424
Agreed, Universal is better unless you're a child.
>>
>>69933293
Universal is fucking shit
>>
>>69925246
Hitler made the happiest place on earth.
>>
>>69933093
>>69933203
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/04/rumors-confirmed-guardians-of-the-galaxy-to-replace-tower-of-terror-captain-america-launch-coaster-coming/
What a fuck up, jesus christ.
>>
>>69933333
>>69933333
>>69933333
>>69933333
>>69933333
>>
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party > Star Wars Weekends > Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
>>
File: 1452230458089.png (193 KB, 423x454) Image search: [Google]
1452230458089.png
193 KB, 423x454
>You missed out on the now discontinued $360 yearly pass for Disneyland
>>
>>69933563
>that time the Bill & Ted Halloween show had Superman turn gay and made him act like a stereotypical faggot who kept trying to molest Bill & Ted.
wew @ that creative decision.
>>
>>69933563
Halloween Horror Nights > Disney shit
>>
>>69933683
Fun > Edgy shit
>>
>>69933093

Only the one in California
>>
Are the potter areas of uni filled with british qts? If so how do i contain my spaghetti when i go?
>>
>>69931243
COME IN SIMBA ONE
>>
>all these people who think the hulk coaster is great
It's good but it's still shit compared to every other B&M coaster
>>
File: filephoto-knotts-berry-farm[1].jpg (818 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
filephoto-knotts-berry-farm[1].jpg
818 KB, 1920x1080
Who /knotts/ here?
>>
>>69933900
B&m are goat
>>
>>69933730
Halloween Horror nights
- 9 houses to explore
- Scare Zones throughout the park
- Event shows
- $45

Mickeys Not So Scary
- Parade
- Fireworks
- Event shows
- $72
>>
>>69934159
plebbest of pleb of all theme parks anon.

>shit theme-ing
>trill rides that are outclassed by six flags

Knotts berry farm is like the Sears/Kmart of themeparks
>>
>>69924069
got banned for taking too many pics of tinker bell and little mermaid
>>
>>69933319
Not sure how it is now, haven't been in years. I remember it being better than Disney World however
>>
>>69934448
lel

post 'em
>>
Have annual passes to Disney World and Universal.. Disney has more magic in one park than all of Universal and the Islands of Adventure put together. The attention to detail at Disney is fucking insane
>>
>>69931668
It's not bad. The touchscreen part is only at the end as you go backwards to the exit. The new narrator (Judi Dench) is pretty good though
>>
>>69934159
Iron reef>toy story
>>
>>69934870
>Judi Dench
Holy shit I never knew M voiced Spaceship Earth until today.
>>
Quick /tv/
Post your favourite on property restaraunt.
>>
>>69934700
I used to have an annual pass for both but now it's just for Universal. I agree with you on the detail but I have much more fun at Universal.
>>
>>69930907
>cool drive-in movie theater themed restaurant
That was the "Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant." Fuck that place, I remember my family made us wait like a fucking hour & a half to eat there like 10 years ago only for the food to be mediocre as shit.
Not worth the wait, but it's a cool idea.
>>
Walt Disney was a hack though, the guy literally went to europe in his formative years and plagiarized from ancient folk myths and folklore there all over the place and then basically lumped it all together in his """"movies"""", he got credit for siphoning off the vitality and creativity of european folk talkes
>>
File: blue-bayou-restaurant-00[1].jpg (163 KB, 629x354) Image search: [Google]
blue-bayou-restaurant-00[1].jpg
163 KB, 629x354
>>69935000
The Blue Bayou has a great atmosphere if you don't mind chatter from the people riding Pirates
>>
>>69935000
The place that sells bread bowls in new orleans square, that steak gumbo is so good
>>
>tfw you had to wait almost 2 months to hear back from disney after your dcp phone interview only to get a no
>>
>>69925246
he's doing the Bellamy salute
>>
>>69932363
Space Mountain at WDW has the comfiest music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxQYf9KT94
>>
>>69934870
>>69934951
Too bad they wasted her voice on a garbage script

>Rome built the first world wide web
>Remember your ABCs? Thank the Phoenecians
>Copies of books made by Arab and Jewish scholars were the first back-up system.
>>
File: marvel2.jpg (165 KB, 800x470) Image search: [Google]
marvel2.jpg
165 KB, 800x470
REMINDER

Universal is cucking Disney out of the Marvel parks license.

They're also making a killing off the Harry Potter license.

Disneylandfags mad as hell.
>>
>>69938428
More like out (of there minds)
>>
File: MiamiMarch2010334.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MiamiMarch2010334.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>tfw walking around Animal Kingdom at opening when no one is around
Comfiest park or comfiest park?
>>
File: 300stitch.jpg (41 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
300stitch.jpg
41 KB, 300x200
REBRANDING FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>69928455
>The animal kingdom one was my favorite just because it was so much lower key
Not now Zootopia is a thing though.
>>
>>69929341
I hate that movie, but that looks fucking comfy
>>
Fantasmic kino when?
>>
>>69938428
I don't think Disney is sweating too much when they have FUCKING STAR WARS to merchandise to hell.

Make sure you get your dumb Chewbacca mask kids, as seen on Facebook!
>>
File: Rivers-of-Light_Full_26838.jpg (452 KB, 2560x1123) Image search: [Google]
Rivers-of-Light_Full_26838.jpg
452 KB, 2560x1123
>>69938428
Only WDW and Tokyo are barred from using Marvel characters.

>>69938630
It's a shame Rivers of Light got delayed as hell (issues with the GPS guidance system program for all the barges and lanterns). That press sneak peek last month alone makes it look like some Tapestry of Nations/Illuminations-grade nighttime show kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvUQn-DYd88
>>
>>69924069
Disneyland >>>> Disney World
>>
>>69930936
Thorpe Park is just as bad, mudskins everywhere. I'm never leaving the South West again, I'll stick with mediocre theme parks like Woodlands and Crealy thanks.
>>
>>69932840
That's just the queue. It does have an actual ride, which takes you through recreations of scenes from various classic movies.
>>
>>69924758
It's over capacity constantly. The get you from all the lines.
>>
>>69939763
>>69924710
Git gud scrub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKG0xd2rEZw
>>
>>69930884
>MK - Haunted Mansion
(don't know, missed an opportunity there)
>Epcot - Test Track
Agree, also Mission space. Fast track in one while are in line for the other.
>Hollywood Studios - Aerosmith
Tower of terror is better
>AK - Dinosaur
I don't know, the same with haunted mansion. But I recommend Expedition everest.

>Universal Studios - Rip Ride Rocket
Great Choise
>Island of Adventure - The Incredible Hulk
Comfiest Coaster.

>>69932679
Space Mountain is good, but probably overrated.

>>69932951
ET save for the nostalgia is shit. BTTF was already shut down when I went, but the Simpsons ride is funny as hell. It's better than the cartoon in many ways.
>>
>tfw used to go to Paris' one few months because I lived nearby and a subscription pays itself back at the second visit
How much cooler is Florida's? Always wanted to go
>>
>>69928419
>maximum comfy
more like making me want to kill myself
>>
>>69934483
Universal has gotten better with the Harry Potter stuff, fucking incredible.

I have spent at least 85 days of my life at Disney thanks to my kid Sister to the point Epcot is the only fun park out of all of them for me. I visited last year, and Smash Mouth was playing at Epcot.

I love Rock and Roll Roller Coaster but after a while it just becomes a really bumpy ride, I loved it when I was a teen, now I have lost all sense of wonder so Disney just makes me feel very, very old. Universal has the Halloween stuff that is absolutely incredible, but it attracts all sorts of drunken shits, so word of warning there.
>>
>>69924710
You don't go without planning, dipshit. My sister is a pro at disney world booking, she got that fast pass shit for the really popular rides and the lines for less popular rides are way shorter. Anybody going to disneyworld needs to be there for about a week or at least 4 days and have the meal plan plus fast passes for rides. With proper planning you'll have a great time.
>>
>>69934159
I visited once when I was a kid and it was great, there was also a great restaurant by the entrance that served a really memorable breakfast.

I visited a few years back only to see that gone, but the park is still a great time.

>>69934335
>Mickeys Not So Scary
Jesus you need to reserve that ASAP, it literally flies, SO MUCH CANDY! Best Halloween of my life.

You can also go in with costumes, I remember two girls with Five nights at freddy's costumes.
>>
Real talk here guys, which water park is the best?
>>
>>69942665
Xcaret > ALL

As for Orlando I liked Typhoon Laggon but Blizzard Beach is so much more fun.

Have any of you been at Wet and Wild?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2dREfvZhqc
Never forget
>>
>>69942762
>Blizzard Beach
Oh fuck I remember going there when I was like 6, I had so much fun. I remember how huge it was looking, I'm afraid it'll look small and puny now
>>
File: soarin.jpg (345 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
soarin.jpg
345 KB, 1280x720
>>69930884
>>69931189
>>69931495
>>69932679
>Test Track

you go faster in your own car you dumb faggots

Soarin' is the best ride at EPCOT and when it reopens as Soarin Around the World in June, it's gonna be GOAT ride in all the disney parks
>>
>>69942762
>Have any of you been at Wet and Wild?
Thought about going once but there had just been a shooting there like the week before, assumed it was pretty ghetto after that.
>>
Rode some awesome Spider-Man ride that was in 3d. The wait line was walking through The Daily Bugle. Would ride that and the Jurassic Park one again. Only went to Island of Adventure, sadly.
>>
>>69938428
Disney passed on Harry Potter when Rowling was shopping around the film rights. I bet they're still kicking themselves over that - and for good reason. We don't need every popular franchise controlled by the mouse.
>>
File: wtf-japan-gif-lick-blood.gif (986 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
wtf-japan-gif-lick-blood.gif
986 KB, 500x263
>Not going full weeb and going to Tokyo Disney

Oh whats that? You can't afford the $2,000 airfare to Japan AND the stay at TD? I'm sorry you're a poorfag.
>>
>>69943588
Actually what happened was they pitched a shitty Toy Story Mania clone but with wands ride to JK and she told Disney to fuck off.
>>
File: 3463333.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
3463333.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
Who /eat a horrifically unhealthy but great tasting turkey leg on a park bench while watching kids throw tantrums in Frontierland/ here?
>>
File: ice-cream-bar1[1].jpg (56 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
ice-cream-bar1[1].jpg
56 KB, 500x333
>>69944039
I'm /eating a mickey mouse shaped ice cream bar by the haunted mansion/ here
>>
>>69924069
I am literally in DisneyWorld as we speak and it's superkino
>>
>>69925171
Universal only has the Marvel rights in Japan and North America (and there, only east of the Mississippi River). Disney has the rights absolutely everywhere else.

I will admit that Universal having the Japanese Marvel theme park rights sucks because, IIRC, the only thing they've ever done with them there is a full copy of the Spider-Man ride. But if you're in good ol' Burgerland (or are planning to travel to Burgerland), you can still go to a Disney park with Marvel stuff if you're willing to go to California instead of Florida.
>>
>>69944039
A must do, only if you are not going to walk around MK due to a 'stick to the plan' travel partner that make everyone asking in every important language spoken in the states "Where did you buy that?"
>>
>>69924069
Been to Disney World(florida park) a few times. It's really magical the first time you go, loses the magic a little when you keep visiting. Still a great place though!
Do NOT go during summer, peak season is when you will get to ride 1 ride after waiting 6 hours.
Go in early spring or late fall when school is in session.
Epcot is neat if you like seeing gardens and technology.
Animal Kingdom closes really early, around 5 I think, so go there really early and see the animals last, ride the rides first.
Magic Kingdom is the basic go-to one. Expect some rides to be down for maintenance sadly, just hope they aren't the ones you wanted.
>>
>>69944915
Enjoy bro, pay attention to all the details of each park!
>>
>>69945584
Animal Kingdom is starting evening hours this summer. Kilimanjaro Safaris has been set-up to run in the evening with special "eternal sunset" lighting and switching in more nocturnally active species like painted dogs and hyenas. Nighttime entertainment includes some projection mapping stuff on the Tree of Life where the animal carvings come to life and a nighttime spectacular called Rivers of Light on the lagoon previewed here >>69938947, though with technical issues delaying it, they've put together a temporary Jungle Book show based on the new movie that'll be running until Rivers of Light is good to go.
>>
>>69946001
Damn that sounds awesome! I love Expedition Everest. I think the line theming and the ride itself may be my favorite in the whole DisneyWorld parks.
>>
>>69943121
Soarin is cool, but holy shit I got some major fear of heights from it. I guess just goes to show how well the shit works, but fuck do not ride it if you get scared of heights.
>>
Disney sounds like a lot of fun. My family isn't interested in it because we're all older now but I feel like it's an obligatory experience for any American.
>>
File: mickey sad.jpg (37 KB, 519x781) Image search: [Google]
mickey sad.jpg
37 KB, 519x781
>Disneyland's pre 1998 Tomorrowland is gone
>Disneyland's Big Thunder Ranch is gone
>Disneyland's Swiss Family Treehouse is gone
>Disney World's pre 1995 Tomorrowland is gone
>EPCOT Center is all but gone
>Disney MGM Studios is gone

It's so fucking sad that the best the parks had to offer were removed or butchered. If anyone wants some images I have saved and collected of the above, lemme know and I'll see what I can dig up
>>
File: why.png (172 KB, 398x373) Image search: [Google]
why.png
172 KB, 398x373
>you will never be a young retired multi-millionaire so you can spend a fortnight in Dinsey World without a care in the world
>>
File: 1463789381408.jpg (144 KB, 780x1469) Image search: [Google]
1463789381408.jpg
144 KB, 780x1469
>>69946592
>this nigger doesn't remember Disney Quest

Holy shit I spent so many rainy days in that place.
>>
>>69946592
what? i went to disney not long ago and the swiss family treehouse is still there.
>>
>>69924069
Yes I've been to disneyland and disneyworld. I personally enjoyed disneyland more.

>>69924710
you fast pass as much rides as possible u fuggin idiot. You can do all the rides in a day if you really wanted too. I have.
>>
>>69946697
Disneyland's Treehouse has since 2000 been based off that failed animated George of the Jungle film
>>
>>69946697
Not at Disneyland California
>>
File: Carousel of Progress 1900.jpg (473 KB, 1707x1270) Image search: [Google]
Carousel of Progress 1900.jpg
473 KB, 1707x1270
Who will play him in the inevitable film version?
>>
>>69924069
Went to the Paris one with my daughter, brother and his kid, If you're into the whimsical atmosphere then it is for you, but if you want more roller coaster thrill seeking then I recommend Universal. Everything in Disney is extremely child oriented so the rides are very basic, only one with loops was the Aerosmith Experience. Great for kids and young teens.
>>
File: IMG_1871.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1871.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2048
who /mintjulep/ here?
>>
>>69947200
Nick Offerman
>>
>>69948587
Which disney did you get it from? Unless that is non-alcoholic I thought all parks where prohibited from selling alcohol.
>>
File: IMG_0586.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0586.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1365
>>69948723

disneyland. yeah it's non alcoholic.
>>
>>69924069
Beautiful place, can't wait to return desu.

>>69924710
That's why you have to go early tbqh famalam
>>
>>69948723
You can get alcohol at Epcot
>>
File: disneykino.jpg (250 KB, 973x794) Image search: [Google]
disneykino.jpg
250 KB, 973x794
>>
>>69937789
My nigga, this song is GOAT
>>
>>69948871
80s-90s Epcot was Cinema, but it's been declining in quality for some time now.
>>
>>69928837
you should learn to treat people with respect. you'll feel less shitty about yourself.
>>
>>69948703
Wow, what a shitty fucking casting decision that would be.
>>
>>69948871
>Calling MGM shit
>Literally showing The Great Movie Ride, a nostalgic homage to some of the best movies of all time
>Same park has Indiana Jones Experience
>A Twilight Zone ride
>The main entrance is done in the style of Golden Age Hollywood
>Calling this love note to cinema a piece of shit on /tv/

kk
>>
>>69945442

All Disneyland has Marvel-wise is periodic character meet-and-greets. There are no Marvel rides except at Universal Florida. Right now, Disneyland is Staw Woyz'd the fuck out.
>>
>>69949388
Half the park's been closed for construction and that's the only thing that seems to be saving the Twilight Zone ride from being rethemed to DANCE OFF YOU AND ME.
>>
>>69931375
>>69931481
>Not Spaceship Earth

why do this
>>
>>69949406
Yeah, Disneyland has only had Marvel meet-and-greets for now, but they do have further plans (such as turning the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride). As for Florida, the Marvel stuff at Universal is basically free money for Disney, so you can expect Disney World to remain Star Wars-focused.
>>
>>69924710
10,000% this. But the vibe is pretty chill most of the time. Wear a big hat to keep the sun off. Lines are long.
>>
>>69924069
I hate rollercoasters.
>>
>>69949651
Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the few things that isn't covered under Universal's contract. That's why Bob Chapek picked it: Guardians Tower being a bicoastal thing is a possibility. But the WDW management isn't having any of it because they can't really afford to have the Tower undergo a long closure to install it while half the park is going under the knife. Right now, you can literally count every actual ride at the studios with one hand.
>>
>>69924069
I don't know what kino means, but Disney World was fun. Epcot's Word Showcase was my favorite. The only downside is you need to take a bus to get to the parks. I wish they would create monorails or people-movers to connect everything.
>>
>>69930936
Only been to Thorpe Park, the Saw Ride is the longest damn line I've ever been through.
>>
>>69949908
>Disney
>Rollercoasters
>>
File: lookiewhatwegothere.png (116 KB, 268x245) Image search: [Google]
lookiewhatwegothere.png
116 KB, 268x245
>>69950196
>I don't know what kino means
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.