[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paul Thomas Anderson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Inherent-Vice-2015-movie-poster.jpg (443 KB, 800x1199) Image search: [Google]
Inherent-Vice-2015-movie-poster.jpg
443 KB, 800x1199
What's your favorite of his films?
What's your least favorite?
What would you like him to try to adapt/try next?

There Would Be Blood was his best.
Punch-Drunk love really didn't do it for me, Sandler just makes my skin crawl
I really like his adaptation of Inherent Vice, I'd like to see him try his hand at a PKD movie, maybe Ubik
>>
>>69908362

punch drunk love was pretty good desu
>>
>>69908362
I'd like to see him do a Howard the Duck movie for the MCU.
>>
>>69908362
It's hard to pick, but PDL is my favourite. I love everything he's done though. IV is an unappreciated masterpiece.
>>
There Will Be Blood and The Master are his bests, my favorite is either TWBB or Punch Drunk Love though
>>
>>69908461
>>69908492
I'll try it again then, and try to get past that jewish clown this time.

>>69908473
Actually sounds like a great time.
>>
>>69908461
This tbqhwtrnf.

Sandler may be terrible but this movie proved he had potential but told it to fuck off while he made quick easy cash rather than more good movies.
>>
I just realized I've never seen a movie of his twice
>>
>>69908775
HANNAKUH BANNAKUH
>>
Inherent Vice blew everything else he's done out of the water
>>
File: image_0.jpg (104 KB, 639x599) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
104 KB, 639x599
Hard Eight - Never saw
Boogie Nights - 7/10
Magnolia - 5/10
Punch-Drunk Love - 7/10
There Will Be Blood - 9/10
The Master 9.5/10
Inherent Vice 8/10

They're all pretty great in their own right. Personal favorites are his last 3.
>>
>>69910187
Why has no one ever seen hard eight? its pretty entertaining. Feels more like a Tarantino film than a PTA film though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uai6j_Y6CPU
>>
>>69910187
Magnolia is at least 9/10
>>
1. Inherent Vice
2. Hard Eight
3. Punch-Drunk Love
4. Magnolia
5. Boogie Nights
6. There Will Be Blood
7. The Master
>>
>>69908362
Those are my favorite works of his ...

1. Magnolia
2. Boogie Nights
3. Inherent Vice
4. There Will Be Blood
5. Hard Eight
6. The Master

I would love to see Paul tackling one of Jay McInerney's work.
>>
>>69910389
I'm getting around to watching it, but I haven't had the time :/
>>
>>69911344
I can't stand how self-indulgent it is imo. It's too long, too "quirky". The only redeeming qualities were Cruise and Hoffman.
>>
>>69914140
I think Magnolia can be pretty strong in some parts. PTA on Marc Maron's show was like yeah I'd cut that shit down if I made it today.
>>
In my personal opinion...

Hard Eight - 7/10
Boogie Nights - 7.5/10
Magnolia - 9.5/10
Punch Drunk Love - 8/10
There Will Be Blood - 8.5/10
The Master - 9/10
Inherent Vice - 9/10

Not saying Magnolia's his best, I'd say objectively its There Will Be Blood (as of yet). But idk, something about Magnolia I love, it just clicks with me and I can't explain why. Who cares desu
>>
>>69910187
Best rating ever. GG anon.
>>
>>69914313
Yeah, it's one of my favs WTF. I'll give Magnolia another go, but I think it's just not for me. I do like the anthology storytelling though.
>>
>>69908362
His best is probably The Master, tied with There Will Be Blood, given the depth of the characters and the layers you can perceive when you rewatch them.

I think Inherent Vice was his weakest film, what a confusing mess. Punch Drunk Love is probably is most original creation, both in length and genre.
>>
THE MASTER IS CLEARLY HIS BEST WORK AND POSSIBLY THE BEST MODERN FILM TO DATE.
>>
>>69914613
Thanks anon. Take care <3
>>
>>69914819
Obviously.
>>
>>69914819
Few modern movies are even comparable to the Master, by any measure.

Closest modern films of the same quality are Dogtooth, Certified Copy, and The Act of Killing (technically a documentary, not a film).
>>
>CTRL+F "Event Horizon"
>0 results
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.