[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever get a 40k movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: grimdarkgrimdark.jpg (102 KB, 620x744) Image search: [Google]
grimdarkgrimdark.jpg
102 KB, 620x744
Will we ever get a 40k movie?
>>
That picture is so painfully tryhard lolsorandom edgy

I have nothing more to say on the subject and consider this matter closed
>>
>>69904727
>8/10th crew are dead
With every instellar trip?
Thats so edgy it makes the universe sound impractical
>>
>>69904727
Hopefully, if vidyakino does well
>>
>>69904727
That's a warp jump gone bad, but still successful. A really bad jump would be the ship getting lost in the warp or over taken by Daemons.

40k is supposed to be beyond comprehension and edgy. It probably wouldn't translate well to film unless it was a horror movie. Event Horizon is probably the closest we'll get to a ship being over taken by Chaos and the warp.
>>
>>69904727

40k is the bastard chimaeric child of every cool 80s movie ever, so it already has movies.

The animated movie was shit, and I was dumb enough to buy the collector's edition when it first came out because I didn't know any better. How the fuck do you make a movie about your iconic faction and fuck it up so badly? And with one of your best writers behind it? (Get your shit together GW.)
>>
File: whk08_preview.jpg (43 KB, 590x250) Image search: [Google]
whk08_preview.jpg
43 KB, 590x250
Who /TheGreatDevourer/ here?
>>
40k is for edgy baby-men, it's shit and gay
>>
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/The_Death_of_The_Emperor_-_A_Continuation_of_the_40K_Universe_by_Dark_Lord_Seanron

They should just tell the fall of it.
>>
>>69904727
It would have to be R rated with lots of CG which no one would ever attempt.
>>
>>69904727
I think it will depend on the success of the Warcraft movie.
>>
I will make it OP, you have my word
>>
>>69907219
Will you make it try hard grimdark edgy? Tell me.
>>
File: ultramarines.jpg (256 KB, 1126x1600) Image search: [Google]
ultramarines.jpg
256 KB, 1126x1600
>>69907064
Anon...
>>
>>69904727
It would work either as 2d animation or live action if it got CGI'd the fuck out of it.

Either way it would be most likely terrible.
>>
>>69904727
We already do, watch Event Horizon.
>>
>tryhard
>grimdark
>edgy

Nice buzzwords you have there. Maybe you'd like something more light-hearted? Like Care Bears? Or Cabbage Patch Kids? Or My Little Pony? Oh wait, you'd probably call those tryhard grimdark edgy, too.
>>
There's a bunch of possessed spaceship movies. They vary in their quality of course. Superficially they could all fill in for this warp jump nonsense. You can skip the space marines and shit, because judging by OP pic the logistics of 40k are retarded beyond comprehension.
>>
>>69904727
I hate that pasta so much. It's just plain wrong. Losing 8/10th of your crew is a major failure and not a 'successful jump'.
>>
I'd love a 40k movie that managed to capture the scale of everything. The immediate kneejerk reaction seems to be "it's too complicated, there's too much background law, people wouldn't understand/be interested and it would require a huge budget"

I say WHAT ABOUT LORD OF THE RINGS IT CAN DEFINITELY BE DONE
>>
>>69904727
Only if it is done by Jodorosky with Blanche as the main concept artist.
>>
>>69905052
it's not even correct
>>
leave vidyawarhammerkino to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGmmXd8r4YQ
>>
>>69907124

Yeah, I feel the same. If Warcraft makes a ton of money, I can see studios taking a chance on other big geek properties and I think 40k would be close to the top of that list. It's a tough sell though because it'd have no female audience at all.
>>
>>69911214
real feminists praised space marine for having a good woman that don't need no man
sjws hated it tho because of the whole "women can't be space marines" thing, they hated it so much that they made special headcanons in where female space marines are the toughest space marines
they don't even care that SoB exist
>>
>>69911214
40k won't be done.

Many many people from Hollywood have approached games workshop over the years and they always get turned down because games workshop are fucking idiots.
>>
>>69911521
probably because the warhammer lore is very strict and hollywood would just try to fuck it up like they always do
>>
>>69911186
>implying deathwing will ever come out

seriously though, strenom is de facto kill
>>
>>69911670
streum always deliver
>>
>>69911521
>get turned down because games workshop are fucking idiots.
More like fucking heroes.

I would also tell Hollywood kikes to fuck off if they wanted to come in and force some love story, stereotypical hollywood bullshit into my universe. They'll just keep rejecting shit ideas until they get an actual good one. Otherwise we get shit like >>69907373
again.
>>
What would the story be about? Horus Heresy? Tyranid invasion? Birth of Chaos Gods?
>>
>>69911853
I want a story about a movie about a Space Wolf who struggles with the temptation to turn to Khorne.
>>
>>69911853
ciaphas cain TV-series
considering the main character is heavily inspired by blackadder and the stories are some of the less grimderp ones it could work
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k
The Lord Inquisitor will come out one of these day... soon... eventually... r-right?
>>
>>69904727
>>69910469
>missed the destination by thousands of light years
>overwhelming majority of the crew is dead

Yeah nah this is fucking stupid.
>>
>>69910469
>a psychic field of pure FUCK YOU XDD
>daemons made of RAPE and LEMON JUICE XD!!1

>not tryhard
>>
>>69912915
actually i like the idea
>>
Am I the only who thought OP was talking about a 40k resolution movie?
>>
>>69913436
It's impractical to the point of ridiculousness. If that was what Warharmer 40K life was like, there wouldn't be space travel or a civilization or anything left.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.