[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that we know Bran can affect the past, we know this is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: thrones.jpg (173 KB, 1063x532) Image search: [Google]
thrones.jpg
173 KB, 1063x532
So now that we know Bran can affect the past, we know this is basically a time travel story.

Bran's going to interfere with the timeline and undo all the crap that's been done.

I never thought Martin would stoop that low. LMAO.
>>
>Bran's going to interfere with the timeline and undo all the crap that's been done.
pls no, no more time travel.
already played out.
>>
File: zia0eg3fr.jpg (141 KB, 952x840) Image search: [Google]
zia0eg3fr.jpg
141 KB, 952x840
>it's a bran wargs Sansa and makes her suck his dick when he's young episode
>>
>>69902307
They killed like 4 characters to demonstrate the power. No way it was a one time deal
>>
No, the past is already done. Anything bran did to the past already happened.

Hence why Hodor has always said hodor, because bran fucked his brain and made it happen. He can't change anything.
>>
>>69902447
le paradokz xDD
>>
he will bring back all the people that died.
>>
>>69902447

oh god i'm confused. i hate time travel; it never makes sense unless you have parallel universes.
>>
>>69902591
He can't. How hard is it for you retards to grasp this: anything he goes and does in the past ALREADY HAPPENED

thus, nobody is going to get fucking saved, because nothing happened to save them
>>
>>69902688

but he did interfere with the past. the past he was seeing when he had his vision. and he interfered with it. none of this makes sense. I think i need a diagram or something
>>
>>69902237
Nope flat circle nothing can be changed ink is dry blah blah
>>
>>69902961
That's the thing, it's the past. Those event happened before he was even born, they already occurred.

For example, Hodor had always been retarded. He didn't become retarded when bran went back and caused it to happen.

For the same reasons, bran couldn't go back and save somebody's life or something. He can't actually change what occurred, it all already happened.

Understand?
>>
>>69902961
Is it really that hard to understand? The three eyed raven said "the ink is dry" in regards to the past. Anything Bran does in the past has already been accounted for. There are no divergent timelines that sprout from Bran's time fuckery.
>>
>>69903164
Nope that's retarded
Why can't he just everything
>>
>>69903292
If bran could actually CHANGE the past, then hodor wouldn't have been retarded up until this episode, because nothing would've gave him retardation UNTIL bran went back and changed it.

But, as evidenced from hodor being retarded the whole time, bran can't change the past.
>>
>>69903164

so the GOT universe is entirely deterministic... right? bran could literally lay back and chill, or kill himself, wouldn't matter. is this correct?
>>
File: bait.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>this thread
>>
>>69902606

It's not that complicated. Causality loops are common in time travel stories. Essentially, it states that time travel changes nothing because any changes you've made to the past have already had their effect on the present.

Think of Harry Potter, how the Patronus that Harry saw earlier in the book was his own, etc.
>>
>>69903450
Anything that's done is already done. What remains to be seen is which events Bran may have tied into somehow.
>>
>>69903450

Well, no. The point is that Bran's choices "don't matter" because they've already been made. The reason Hodor became disabled was because he made the choice in the present to warg into him. That choice has always happened and always will happen.

Any choice he makes, based on this outcome, is set before it takes place.
>>
>>69903450
Yup, any of the others trying to defend the worse than terminator continuity of time travel here is just trying to justify not throwing this show in the trash. Bran can indeed lie back and chill, he has absolutely no free will and neither does any other character. If he is going to get captured and murdered by all the zombies currently chasing him, future bran will deus ex and save him because it already happened
>>
>>69903639
why can't bran just keep trying it doesn't ma if he fuck ups the timeline multiple times
>>
File: 1302601636392617574.jpg (26 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
1302601636392617574.jpg
26 KB, 600x335
>>69902372
>brightness/contrast
>>
File: dklsfsd7878sd.jpg (54 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dklsfsd7878sd.jpg
54 KB, 500x375
>>
>>69903694
That's not how it works, retard. The show is still set in the "present"

Characters can still have "free will" (it's pre-written fiction) because there's no Bran in the future to change things.
>>
>>69903748
He can't change the timeline retard
>>
>>69903186
>>69903432
>>69903522

youre arguing with somebody who is in the double digit club in regards to their IQ. He literally cant understand this moderately complex topic.
>>
>>69903694
You're a full on retard, huh?
>>
>>69902237
>I never thought Martin would stoop that low. LMAO.
he didn't though, you can thank jew & jew for that
>>
>>69903694

Again, this isn't uncommon in time travel. Usually, your time travel stories have to follow one of three logic paths:

>Time travel alters the present
>Time travel creates a parallel universe with a nee present
>Time travel already took place (as in this story)

Realistically, the third makes the most sense, though you end up with the chicken-and-egg discussion when future events become involved (Did I make a decision because of my vision of the future or would I have anyway?)

Anyway, point is that because of this event, if they want to remain consistent then they can't really use time travel to change past events. Technically, this is good because it means actions still have consequences.
>>
>>69903811
You're actually retarded aren't you?
>>
>>69903931

If that's the case, Bran should just relax. He knows his future self will stop the Walter Whites somehow. Or he knows he won't. Either way, he can't do anything about it.
>>
>>69903917

According to the writers, the source for this is GRRM himself.
>>
File: children of the forest.jpg (49 KB, 640x335) Image search: [Google]
children of the forest.jpg
49 KB, 640x335
Bran can't "change" the past; rather, everytime he goes back, his actions influence events to ensure they happen the "right" way. Thus, Bran will be trying to change events, but the very fact that he's doing anything at all is what ENSURES that those events come to pass. His trying to stop them is what causes them to happen.

Also, THEY HAVE FUCKING GRENADES?
>>
So obviously there will be some reason why Bran can not change the past as he chooses. Maybe his power is only that significant when in contact with the Tree or while he was in the presence of the 3 eyed raven.
>>
>>69904024
You're the one saying bran can do whatever he wants because a non-existant Future bran will save him

The show is set in the present, there's no future bran
>>
>>69902237
>undo all the crap that's been done.
He can't.
The ink is dry.
What the fuck have you been watching?
>>
>>69904044

Well, think about what you just typed: either he succeeds or he doesn't. That's no less true now than it was before. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a part to play, even if it's somehow predetermined.
>>
File: 1463966490923.png (69 KB, 2026x890) Image search: [Google]
1463966490923.png
69 KB, 2026x890
>>69902961
>>
>>69904078
ALLAHU ACKBAR
>>
>>69903522
What if Bran goes back in time and kills Robert Marathon when he was a teenager
>>
>>69904110

This episode literally established that he can't change the past. Read the thread. This universe operates on a causality loop, meaning actions he's taken during his time travel shenanigans will have already taken place.
>>
>>69904044
What part of this show is set in the present are you not getting? The future isn't written yet. And it will be different depending on everyone's actions.
>>
>>69902237
Except we don't know that you dumbfucking retard
>>
>>69904078
This. We've already seen the aftermath of Bran's timetraveling, we're just now seeing Bran timetravel and cause the events. Nothing is going to change, we're just going to get more backstory.
>>
>>69904263
He can't. Because Robert Baratheon didn't die as a teenager.
>>
>>69904263

The fact that Robert lived into his mid life, took hold of the throne and was killed by a boar shows that he didn't.
>>
>>69902237
Bran didn't retroactively affect the past, though. Hodor getting Hodor'd by Meera via Bran greenseeing into the past was always part of GoT's time continuum.
Still fucking stupid though.
>>
>>69904263

he can't

bran's time traveling to events that already happened because of time traveling
>>
>>69904346
How come he can't kill him but he can turn Honor into a retard
What's stopping him from going there and killing him
>>
>>69904208

okay, but how does Present Hodor exist if Past Hodor hadn't been affected yet?
>>
>>69904208
Bran was controlling Hodor in the future, but due to technically being in the past as well, he also controlled Wyllis. Due to this, Wyllis could see him. However, it also linked Hodor and Wyllis, and Hodor died while linked, causing Wyllis to suffer brain damage.

The proof for their brains being linked is that Wyllis could hear Meera screaming to Hodor.

This is as I understand it. Is this correct?
>>
>Why doesn't Bran go back in time and fix everything?

Because in GoT, time doesn't work like it does in Terminator. Time works like it does in 12 Monkeys.
>>
Martin will die before he finishes the series and the only ending you'll ever have is the tv show's.
>>
>>69904470

this, desu.

???
>>
>>69904502
He always was affected. it was set in stone that Bran would interfere. There aren't multiple timelines.

In fact, the very reason of the Three-Eyed Raven taking him there when the walkers came was to have Bran close the time loop.
>>
File: hodor watchmen.png (120 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
hodor watchmen.png
120 KB, 300x297
>>69904345
Bingo. It's an interesting way to gather intelligence and backstory, though.

And I honestly hope Hodor survived the Door, but he's probably gonna come back as a zombie, along with zombie Summer the direwolf, to terrorize Bran and Meera.

>>69904503
That sounds pretty good. Willis got fucked in the head because he was literally experiencing his last living moments and his own death.
>>
>>69904470

see >>69902447
>>
File: gurm.jpg (169 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
gurm.jpg
169 KB, 890x890
>>69902237
>undo
LOLNO
He's gonna cause it.
>>
>>69902237
tfw Bran is now stuck in a time loop and he have to witness everyone he loves dead over and over again and even sending Jon and Dany back in time to become Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa to stop the WW menance but still the future persist still until Bran realize to stop the future he must erase everything from existence thus the Doom of Valyria will happen but this time it will be on westeros
>>
>>69904045
Just like how stannis burned shireen before attacking winter fell right? That totally happen in the books

Or Dany being fireproof
>>
>>69904470
You're a fucking idiot.

Okay let's use your logic

Bran goes into past: Kills Robert as a teenager
Robert no longer exists in the future, because thanks to bran he died long ago

Now for Hodor

Hodor isn't retarded, because bran hasn't gone back yet

Bran goes back and makes him retarded

Hodor is no longer sane in the future, thanks to bran

Do you see the error here?
>>
>>69904573

why would he need to have him close the loop if the loop will be closed no matter what?

(my head asplode)
>>
>>69904591
But
What
If
Bran
Decides
Right here and now
To go back in time
And kill Robert Baratheon
When he was a fucking baby
What's
Stopping him
I know it didn't happen
What if he makes it happen
What's stopping him?
>>
>>69904604

that'd be pretty based actually desu

because it'd be full-on nihilist in a way few other stories have managed
>>
>>69902237
Its probably going to be the opposite and bran was the one that somehow starting it all.

He probably went back in time to find out how to beat the walkers and through those actions trigger the creation of the walkers, or some stupid shit like that
>>
>>69904670
Dany's fireproof in the books. She survives Khal Drogo's pyre just like in the show, except her hair burns off, so she's got a pixie cut for book 2
>>
>>69904754
He doesn't make it happen

If he DID go back and do it, then Robert Baratheon would've been dead since he was a teenager and wouldn't have been in the fucking show as a king

Anything that bran changes in the past has already fucking happened.
>>
>>69904747
He just wanted to be sure, I'd guess.
>>
Time travel is the weakest form of story telling next to amnesia.
>>
What if it is a Bran is akin to Tetsuo in Akita?
>>
>>69904754
Something would stop him

Past can't be changed

That's why in the first trailer he says ''they don't kno what's coming for them''
>>
>>69904836
Mais merde mais allez vous faire enculer sérieux
>>
>>69903450
Yes, if he lays back and chill its because he was determined to do that.
>>
>>69904747
For the loop to close he always had to be there.
>>
>>69904754
And what if I go back into the past and kill you as a baby? Oh wait, I obviously didn't because you are alive and didn't fucking die when you were a baby
>>
>>69904904

well, he might as well try anyway, right?
>>
>>69904604
>it's bran causes the Doom of Valyria episode
>>
>>69904904
I wanna know what's this something
Is there a cosmic force that prevents this
Will the events arrange themselves to prevent this, or will he be physically unable to so it, how would it be organized to stop him
>>
You don't get it do you?

Time travel has always been around in Westeros. As long as greenseers and Children have been sticking weirwood roots up their cunts they've been going back in time.

And the weirwoods know that people have been going back from the future. The Children connect to the weirwoods and they hear what they call 'the songs of the earth' and that's how you get legends like the Age of Heroes about a clever Lann that takes Casterly Rock, or how First Men used Dragonsteel against the White Walkers when they only had bronze weapons.

Half the shit you hear about in the legends of Westeros hasn't even happened yet because it's the future. The Prince Who Was Promised hasn't happened yet. Bran the Builder is actually Bran the RE-builder because Bran helps rebuild Winterfell and Storms End and the Wall.
>>
>>69904955
You are not a very smart person.

Even if he tried to go back and kill someone. Let's say he goes back and tries to kill cersei.

Obviously, he wouldn't succeed, because cersei is currently alive and not dead for 10 years.

He can't change what has already happened.

Hodor was always retarded, yes, because of bran, but he didn't suddenly BECOME retarded only when bran went back and changed that. It already happened.
>>
>>69904947
OK THE QUESTION IS
WHAT HAPPENS IF I TRY TO GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE IT
I AM A MAN COME OF AGE WITH REASONABLE FORCE I SNEAK AND MURDER SOMEONE I KNOW AS A BABY
WHAT HAPPENS IF I TRY TO DO THIS,I'M HAVING THIS IDEA I WANNA CHANGE HISTORY

STOP TELLING ME IM OIT HAVING THIS IDEA AND I WONT DO THIS BECAUSE I FUCKING DO AND I FUCKING WILL
>>
>>69904995
He can't go back and changed it anymore fuck face. The loop with Hordor is closed. Bran is blood Raven now. Shit even if you could grasp this a little bit you'd realize he cannot go back and kill someone. It's explained already
>>
>>69905036
>A Song of Ice and Fire is the great battle between the walkers and the dragons
>It's sung but it never happened yet
>>
>>69904754

It's not necessarily that something is stopping him, we just know that he never does because Robert is still alive as an older man. If he ever made that decision, Robert wouldn't have been in the present.
>>
>>69905036
so time is a flat circle
>>
What was the universe like for Prime Ned and Prime Bran?
>>
>>69905088
You obviously don't succeed in your killing of that baby if the baby is currently alive

You are talking about the past.

evidently, as the baby was not murdered by a crazy man long ago, you did not succeed in murdering it. It didn't happen.
>>
>>69905102
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN HE CAN'T
I AM A MAN
I CAN TRAVEL TIME
I HAVE FORCE
I GO BACK TO WHEN ROBERT WAS A BABY
I SLIT HIS BABY THROAT

WHATS STOPPING ME
>>
>>69904754
For one, he can't actually hurt people when he greensees into the past. He's basically a ghost. Hodor was a very specific situation and would not be able to be repeated on purpose.
But let's say Bran did go back and try to use some convoluted and plot-convenient time magic to kill Robert in the past. He would be guaranteed to fail or at best accidentally influence Robert's survival up until his fatal boar hunt, because time in GoT is cyclical and all of the pieces, including time travel, are set in place and cannot be changed.

Time in GoT goes by 12 Monkeys rules, not Terminator rules.
>>
>>69904830
Shes not fireproof retard
>>
>>69905088

Okay, try to think about this -- nothing is stopping you from trying, we just know that the OUTCOME is that Cersei or Robert or whoever survives.

Because we know the present, we know the outcome of any time travel events that have taken place into the past.
>>
>>69905235
Jesus Christ you're an idiot.
>>
>>69904995
>how would it be organized to stop him
If he killed Robert as a baby, RObert would never go with Cersei and Jaime to Winterfell, and Bran wouldn't get crippled and go on RavenQuest. He likely wouldn't even have been born since Robert wouldn't love Lyanna and so wouldn't start a rebellion causing Catelyn to marry Ned.

He simply didn't kill Robert. Nothing prevented him, he just didn't or else Robert would've been dead before episode 1.
>>
>>69904830
Never mind her getting burned by drongon fire during the fifth book
>>
>>69905088
>WHAT HAPPENS IF I TRY TO GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE IT
THEN YOU END UP DISCOVERING YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT

FOR FUCK'S SAKE WATCH 12 MONKEYS IF YOU WANT TO UNDERSTAND HOW TIME WORKS IN GAME OF THRONES
>>
Bookfag trying to understand this

So this is Terminator style time travel where everything that happens already happened and not Back to the Future time travel where you can change shit right?
>>
>>69905235
M8, if the person is alive in the future you failed to kill them, you tried, you failed, something stopped you, which is why the person is still alive in the future. You are fucking retarded if you cannot grasp this concept.
>>
>>69904995
Yep it's God
>>
>>69904830
The pyre was a magical moment, shes not fire proof.
>>
>>69905088
You don't. You fail.
If you really do succeed, you're not in the canon timeline anymore. Which means it didn't happen.
>>
>>69905235
The fact that Robert was never killed as a baby ensures that you fail in killing him. It's that simple. Time cannot be changed in Game of Thrones.
>>
>>69905087

okay, but you've still got to try, 'cause from Bran's perspective, what is there to stop him?
>>
>>69905336
that movie with bale proved past can be changed
>>
>>69905364
No, there's no timelines.

He simply doesn't succeed for whatever reason
>>
>>69905410
The old fuck told him it can't be done
>>
>>69905410
Nothing.
He just simply didn't and isn't going to.
>>
>>69905235
What you should really be pondering is that you failed because you didnt try because you knew you would fail because the person is alive in the future.
>>
>>69904754
He doesn't decide to do that because he didn't. Time travel in this sense is written in stone, there is no such thing as free will anymore, bran cannot decide to do anything, as everything he will do is already determined in a sense.

He doesn't do it, because he never decides to do it and we know he never decides to do it because it hasn't been done.
>>
>>69905410
Nothing. There's nothing stopping him from going back and attempting to kill someone. (Other than the fact he can't physically interact with them, but I'm sure you could find SOME way to kill them)

The thing is, since they are currently alive in the show, they obviously weren't killed.
>>
>>69905440
That's why I mentioned canon.
Anything that deviates from that is fan-fiction.
>>
>>69905457

then maybe the only reason he can't change the past is because he doesn't bother trying

lmao, pretty funny
>>
>>69905480
There's free will. Nothing in the Present is determined (well, it's already all written out as a script i'm sure) . Everything in the past is still set in stone.
>>
>>69905235
The fact that you don't do it.

Everything you do is accounted for already. There is no deciding to do something, you never decide this, that is in stone. You cannot decide to do it, because you don't do it.
>>
>>69905517
No, he can change the past. As we see with how HE is the cause of hodor's brain damage.

However, he can't affect the present with his changes in the past.

So there's no un-doing things or bringing anyone back to life or killing anyone in the past etc.
>>
>>69903904
Buddy is trying to explain it those who do not understand. Don't be such a faggot who's only comment is to say lel they so dumb. You contribute nothing to this thread except for making a comment to boost your own lack of self worth
>>
>>69905530
If time travel exists then everything in the future is just as determined as the past. The uncertainty is gone. That doesn't necesarily take away from the fact people are making decisions, it's just that the decisions they make are set in stone.

The present is a relative thing, and you're always the past relative to an infinite number of frames of reference and always the future to a differently sized infinite number of frames of reference.
>>
>>69905336
Yeah, it's a closed loop
>>
>>69905336
Terminator and Back to the Future have the same style of time travel.

The way time works in GoT is the same way it works in 12 Monkeys.
Let's put it this way:
You are a child at a subway with your parents. You glance down onto the tracks and see a confused-looking man looking up at you, because getting hit by a train and showering you with gore. It traumatizes you and you spend years in therapy. You can't remember the man's face or what he was wearing, but his eyes staring back at you in his last second of life are what really get you. You grow up and find means to travel back in time. You decide to timetravel back to that subway station to save the man on the tracks and prevent child-you from experiencing the trauma, hoping that this will change time and make you forget.
You timetravel onto the subway tracks at the exact place and time of the accident only to find nobody there. You look up in confusion and make eye contact with your child self before being pulverized by an oncoming train, thus repeating the cycle forever.
That is how time works in GoT.
>>
>>69905480
>He doesn't decide to do that because he didn't.
Yeah thanks
He doesn't because he doesn't
Summary of this whole thread

Very useful sciencefags

Baisez vos mères sérieux
>>
>>69905530
>Nothing in the Present is determined
Not completely.
Bran was always going to break Hodor's mind, or call out to Ned, for example.
>>
>>69905650
>thus repeating the cycle forever
This I feel is the key sentence. It's a paradox.
>>
>>69905632
If that's the way you see it, then YOU have no free will either. As future you will look back on the past.
>>
>>69905747
No it isn't, it's a time loop. A paradox is if you went back in time and killed your child self.
>>
>>69905690
Right, but those events were always in the past.

There is no "Future bran" to go back and cause events for present bran. That's not how it works. Time travel in this show only works one way.
>>
>>69905483

>(Other than the fact he can't physically interact with them

He interacted with that white walker
>>
>>69905820
It's a white Walker. It's magic.

We've seen him around normal people, the best he could do was have his dad slightly hear something
>>
File: 1452494658581.jpg (34 KB, 341x340) Image search: [Google]
1452494658581.jpg
34 KB, 341x340
>>69905820
>that white walker is older bran stark
>>
>>69905820
Rather, the white walker interacted with him. He wasn't timetraveling, he was greenseeing. Basically spying on the white walkers in an incorporeal form, but because he's a shitty greenseer, the night's king sensed his presence and marked his corporeal form through his incorporeal form.
>>
I thought Bran could only warg into animals or people like adult Hodor because they didn’t have a “full” mind.

But, as a child, Hodor was okay, he had a “Full” mind. So, how was that possible?
>>
>>69904830
pixie cut wud be hott
>>
>>69905934
convoluted plot-convenient magic
>>
File: CompactBastard.png (250 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
CompactBastard.png
250 KB, 480x480
ITT: Very dense people.
I mean, more than your usual /tv/

I loved Hodor's story. More than WW's origins, that was fucking underwhelming.
>>
>>69905781
>time loop
Predestination movie like
>>
>>69905934
Because Bran "Got Güd" and learned to warg on tougher targets through practice
>>
>>69905913
We actually don't know that. If he was in the past during that scene, it would explain how the fuck the white walkers arrived at the tree so quickly.

Let's be real, if that was how quick they moved, bran and that chick would be fucked
>>
>>69905668
Faut apprendre à réfléchir aussi. C'est pas compliqué à comprendre.

Le passé ne peut pas être changé, tout ce qui s'y passe est gravé dans la roche. Si t'essaies de le changer, tu ne feras que produire les événements qui sont sensés s'y passer.
>>
>>69905775
Correct.

I have free will in the sesne that from my own frame of reference I will make decisions. but overall what it's known what I do, providing it works in this way, it probably doesn't because time also has more axis than the show lets on and things like imaginary time exist but in the show's terms lets go with that.
>>
>>69906300
No, in the show, everything we have seen leads us to the fact that this "time travel" only works one way, into the past.

I am 100% sure the writers won't do some terminator shit where somebody comes from the future to the present. That's not going to happen.
>>
>>69906427
The future is relative. The scenes where bran went to were the present at one point. You can't just have it "go one way, present to past" because that is a fundemental misunderstanding of time.

I mean don't get me wrong, time and space-time are completely misunderstood in fiction all the time anyway, as I said no one even tries to consider imaginary time (because it is amazingly complicated to be fair) so if we do it as reductionist as possible like writers tend to do then it's effectively all written, there is a line, you will never diverge from it. You have "free will" in that you decide to walk that line, but you never deviate from it, there is no spontanious "lets do something different" it just never happens.
>>
>>69906545
The future doesn't work that way in real life, no reason to think it works that way in the show.

There's no pre-determined older version of me in the future right now.
>>
>>69902372
Mocky is that you?
>>
>>69906651
If you can prove that then you'll win a nobel prize and make a whole lot of people trying to prove free will exists very happy.
>>
Look here is how it goes

Yes Bran can affect the past
but NO he cannot change the present

all the ways he has affected the past have led to this exact future.

we will find out that he has had a lot more to do with the past than we first realised

but he cant bring his dad back
>>
>>69905235
at that point what you're creating is alternative timelines

time travelling is fucked up shit, it isn't compatible with our concept of time and linearity
>>
>>69906703
Same goes for you proving that there is
>>
Lol guys. Bran is the old man. It all makes sense now.

They share the same power.
Can't walk.
Know about Hodor.
Know about the Targaeryn blood line.

Bran will "Terminator" himself to the past to become the next "three eyes raven" or he will break the cycle and change the future by stopping the Spriggans from making the White Walkers.
>>
>>69906770
Yeah, that's why I said thinking of it in a heavily reductionist fashion which ignores all the complexities and it probably doesn't work that way in real life.

But as far as game of thrones is concerned the answer to "what if they decide this" is that they don't decide it, they don't -really- have free will anymore, they have it in the "I make decisions" way, but not the "I can effect things" way because it's all set in stone.

Unless of course we go full Legacy of Kain and the coin lands on it's edge.
>>
Casualty loops are retarded as fuck and genuinely the worst kind of time travel because it's a cheap cop out 'hurr durr it happened because it happened'. Literally the worst.
>>
>>69902372
Fuck is that hat shit that fell off her head, some plague doctor mask? Is she getting ready for some Elite Hollywood sex orgy by practicing her flex?
>>
>>69906854
Do you honestly expect they'll involve the FUTURE? I don't
>>
>>69906259
Fuck off frog
>>
>>69906830
That makes fuck all sense because they've established loops and if he was to break the loop to create a new loop then the current loop would not have any reason to exist.
>>
>>69906759
Change "this exact future" to "present" and you've got it right mate. Also, I think he whispered to the mad king and made him go insane
>>
>>69906929
The future isn't a seperate magical entity. I don't think they'll go forwards or anything. i'm just saying that the future has to be predetermined just as the past is.

Unless the fat man decides that there's a way to change things if you do a whole bunch of shit, or maybe just have shit happen at the right time or a miracle whatever.
>>
>>69907003
yeah I read that after I posted.

He whispered to Varys, Mellisandre, the other light goddess

Bran has been fucking with everything
>>
>>69902237

Best way to go about this would be to have Bran try to change events in the past but somehow the universe course corrects itself and Bran learns he has no true power over time and has to accept things the way they are.
>>
>>69907053
This would be epic to see....to see the reason why he whispered in the first place....why he felt the need to do so.
>>
>>69907104
His ultimate goal is to unite the land against the white walkers
>>
>>69906259
Honnetement aucune idee pourquoi tant de personnes ne sont pas capables de comprendre un concepte aussi rudimentaire.
>>
File: 1463215076991.gif (366 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463215076991.gif
366 KB, 600x600
>It was Bran all along
>>
You dummies. He can't timetravel. He warged into a clock, which CAN timetravel.
>>
>Bran does more time traveling
>Goes to Ned's execution
>Ned senses the presence there again and whispers before something for Bran before being beheaded by Joffrey's men
>>
>>69906907
That's a handbag you autistic mong
>>
>>69902237
>Its the dark tower all over again
im going to kill myself if this happens
>>
I get what people are saying about the Hodor time travel being a closed loop, but these type of time travel stories.still bother in that closed loops seem too lucky. Yes it's all very nice that Brans original Hodoring of Hodor in some timeline caused this closed loop where he always Hodors Hodor.

The thing that bothers me is that these style of time travel stories would make getting stuck in an 'open' loop exetremely easy and dangerous. Example: I go back in time to shoot somebody important: say hitler. That means that I wouldn't be able to go back in time and shoot hitler because he never lived and I never new he existed to go back in time in the first place. The end
>>
File: 1318559433001.png (27 KB, 477x387) Image search: [Google]
1318559433001.png
27 KB, 477x387
>>69907293
you just might be onto something there, anonymous.
>>
>>69907456
Are you retarded?
>>
so is game of thrones becoming interstellar or something?
>>
>>69907456
why would you want to shoot Hitler? You make no sense
>>
>>69907456
>closed loop
How do we know everything else isn't a closed loop?
>>
>be White Walker general
>enter a room full of enemies
>stand still while they try to kill you
>one of them picks an obsidian spear
>just stand still until she thrusts it into you
Great job
>>
File: amazed2.jpg (160 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
amazed2.jpg
160 KB, 500x531
what if arya was asleep and warging nymeria in her dreams and then bran warged into nymeria at the same time?
>>
>>69906651
Actually, this is probably incorrect. There really is no free will and you will always make the same choices because they are always the choices you would make.

Because you only remember events in one direction: towards the past. Because you can't know the future and you always feel the present, you enjoy a pleasant illusion of free will. You have both free will and yet your destiny is already determined. I know tone doesn't translate well in text, please know that I don't mean this post in a condescending or nihilistic way.
>>
>>69907685
He didn't expect it to be obsidian you dingus
>>
>>69902237
soooo why didnt the old dude just tell bran that getting touched by the white walkers would royally fuck their shit. Also that worging people would fuck their brain. Did the old guy want this to happen?
>>
How did hodor become retarded in the past? Was it because bran took control of him in the past while he was in the vision?
>>
>>69907729
It's the only thing CotF can craft.
>>
>>69907729
>two WWs died in recent years
>"fuck that I'm sure they died of a cold or something, there's no way these guys have obsidian, I'll just stand here and see what they throw at me"
>>
>>69907759
because magic
>>
>>69907514

Ned is definitely whispering something before being beheaded, the question is now what? I just watched his execution scene again and it does seem like he could've felt something watching him before realizing he's dying.
>>
>>69907794
>Be immortal for 7000 years
>even be fucked dodging shit

these guys are so entitled they would walk into a room of enemies and just fucking stand there
>>
>>69906907
What the fuck? How retarded are you?
>>
>>69907851
>be immortal
>can still remember how you got your ass kicked 6000 years ago
>"nah that could never happen again"
>>
so the dude in the tree is future brann right ?
>>
>>69907903
dont say such things
>>
>>69907903
Nah that's Rickon
>>
>>69907903
It's Hodor's dad
>>
You guys are forgetting the problem. It doesn't matter how time travel works. Bran's means of traveling through time are now cut off and even if he could travel through time he would never be able to physically interact with anybody
>>
>>69907844
He warged into a dove
>>
>>69907851
>the others
>walk through flames
>entitled
They should really be checking their flame walking privileges.
>>
>>69907980
except all he needs is to be inside one of those old trees, like say in the garden of the stark palace
>>
>>69907402
Its going to be so terrible when the show/movie/shitfest actually comes out and people are going to be talking about it.
>>
sorry for bad english
When hodor was scared while walkers were entering, did he know that he'll die. Because he "seen" his death ?
>>
>>69907982

Bullshit, Ned showed no signs at all of being a warg throughout his POVs.
>>
>>69908052
He seen footage
>>
>>69908052
He read the spoilers
>>
>>69908052
I don't think so. Remember when he was scared of the storm season 3? Or when they arrived at the cave in season 4? He wasnt brave.
>>
>>69907191
Ça montre qu'on a pas le contrôle de nos actions et que notre impact est nulle sur le passé. Y en a pas qui peuvent pas imaginer ça j'imagine.
>>
>>69906259
Who invited the fucking spanish people.
Git out
>>
>>69907720
By everything only happens once. I'm still the one making those choices in the present

Obivously if time could be rewinded I'd make the same ones again, but it can't.
>>
File: 1462841398301.png (332 KB, 492x528) Image search: [Google]
1462841398301.png
332 KB, 492x528
>Oh boy, you have the mark of the WW, they know where you are and can enter our safe place.
>Should we do something about it?
>Nah, let's just watch your father as a kid again.
>>
>>69908405
it is known
>>
GoT is starting to become the LOST of this decade. They even view time travel the same way.
>>
>>69908405
It's Bloodraven who decides for unknown reasons that the timeloop needs to be kept intact.
>>
>>69904078
I kept waiting for the druids to manipulate the fucking tree branches to make a barrier and THEN set it on fire. Last thing I expected was for this bitch to bin Laden the fucking place.
>>
File: 1405352945952.jpg (15 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1405352945952.jpg
15 KB, 400x387
>its a faggots are seriously trying to discuss logically about time travelling to the past episode
>>
>>69908469
At the cost of killing all the Children? I thought they were buds
>>
>>69905301
She was also bathed in Drogon's fire in the same book and survived.
>>
File: 1461191285261.png (124 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461191285261.png
124 KB, 500x500
>>69902237
Bran wargs Rhaegar and fucks Aunt Lyanna.

Why else does the crown prince (who's about five feet from having his insane father removed from power) literally start an international incident?
>>
>>69908730
I don't understand why people are thinking that Bran would be able to change the past when the episode specifically demonstrates that he can't.

Also, doesn't this mean that we will be able to find out what was wrong with Tyrion's beetle thunking cousin?
>>
>>69907236
This.

Old dude literally says the root of that tree has spread all over the westerous and has seen and witnessed everyone and everything.

He is basically warging into a clock and seeing the past.

As for him fucking up hodor its just magic and better ignored cause he should not have been able to do that
>>
>>69908820
hes was probably a real retard

>>69908828
>As for him fucking up hodor its just magic and better ignored cause he should not have been able to do that
no. old guy knew you could interact with the past like that. thats why he immediately ended the session when ned turned around
>>
File: 1355103407881.png (7 KB, 389x255) Image search: [Google]
1355103407881.png
7 KB, 389x255
>>69902237
>Show literally turns into LOST:Zombies&dragons
BRAVO D&D
BAD PUSSY HAHA
>>
>>69907903
Yes

It all loops back on itself

This DOESN'T mean that Bran can just sit and do nothing, because that will break the loop and end it, putting the course of events on an entirely new timeline. Everything he does will put the events in motion that continue the time loop.

He doesn't know this though, we only know this because we're an outsider observer looking at it from multiple frames of reference and with numerous other examples of closed time loops in other works of fiction to go off. That's why implying that Bran could 'Just sit down and do nothing and the loop would still work' is wrong. Him sitting down and doing nothing because he knows the loop will still close implies that Bran is aware that he's stuck in a time loop.
>>
>>69908974
>we don't know this
ftfy
>>
>>69908820
>Bran warged into Bran and made Bran climb the tower.
>Bran warged into Cersei and made her bring Jaime up to the tower to fuck her.
>Bran warged into Jaime to fuck Bran warged into Cersei while Bran warged into Bran watched Bran fucking Bran while Bran watched.
>Then Bran warged into Jaime pushed Bran warged into Bran off the tower.

pottery
>>
If all you've been saying is true, how nobody can't see Littlefinger doing what he's been doing, because he's plotting everything we know in the series? Does it means Littlefinger is just nobody?
>>
>>69904540

Well TSCC and the latest Terminator movie clearly imply parallel universes.
>>
>>69904078

>Only person with answers
>Created the White Walkers, so probably knows how to combat them
>Has grenades she can throw from a distance
>ALLAHU ACKBARS INSTEAD
>>
>>69909099
I see this meme going places
>>
>>69909104

This! I swear on me nuns grave, Littlefinger or Varys should've known for Bran's timetraveling powers.
>>
>>69909099
How many characters could have been bran this entire time... My bet's on the No-faced guy
>>
>>69904078
I want to fuck one of those things.
>>
>>69909248

no shit sherlock,thats why the episode started with the littlefingers scene
>>
>>69909248
Wait, what is littlefinger up to? I know he's a shady guy, but what's his Goal? He seems to just do whatever

I know he has a thing for Sansa and her mum, but is that just a scheme too?
>>
I don't really care about what kind of time travel this is. It was just really unnecessary and completely made me drop the series as a whole.
>>
>All this discussion about Bran killing Bobby B

Hang on

What if

What if Bran later wargs into a boar during Robert's hunt in the past and kills him because that was meant to be?
>>
>>69909419

He's up to climbing a ladder.
>>
>>69909345

Nice to see I'm not the only one.
>>
>>69909099
so it's a game of bran now?
>>
File: 1445695675422.jpg (25 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1445695675422.jpg
25 KB, 321x322
>>69904078
>>69909345
>>69909712
You forgot this
>>
>>69906545

You don't read much do you? Alternative timelines appear in a shitton of science fiction
>>
>>69905456
He also told him that people can't hear him too.
>>
I knew george was a hack but i never thought he'd resort to deus exing his way out of the hole he wrote himself into.
>>
>people don't understand time travel
there is no right answer about time travel

because it doesn't fucking exist
>>
File: DeafGrips.jpg (236 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
DeafGrips.jpg
236 KB, 1200x800
>>69908086
NO'MSAYN'?!
>>
>>69909099
kek
Was Hodor dying in the leaks? If so RIP jewfu Meera
>>
>>69907980
>physically interact with anybody

unless he had access to, say, a cult of assassins who worshiped a deity of multiple appearances whose only tenet is to kill people on the command of said deity
>>
>>69910048
comes with not planning ahead for a story. i think i can see george having serious writer's block all these years and written himself into corners he can't get out of with relative logic so he watched some back to the future (and even praised interstellar) and boom time travel story.
>>
>>69910155
That doesn't mean fictional time travel cant have fictional rules

Idiot
>>
>>69907003
>Also, I think he whispered to the mad king and made him go insane
Yeah, just forget about all the years of inbreeding
>>
>show turns into time-travel shitshow
>opening up litterally every plothole that comes with timetravel

fuck, why did no one stopped this terrible idea?
>>
>>69910288

I guess so. I also love it how every time there's timetravel shenanigans in movies or tv shows all sorts of autists act as if bootstrap paradoxes or causal loops are intelligent story telling and not cheap unimaginative shit.
>>
>>69910415
>fictional rules
as established by?
>>
>>69903140
>flat circle
time is a flat pussy
>>
>>69910549
The author/writer/director of whatever story it is
>>
>yfw the only way George can save this mess is by killing off Bran before he can do anything that would ruin the logic of the universe's timeline
>>
>>69910630
so you have no problem with the time travel so far... given how they haven't established any rules to break yet
>>
>>69902237
hih fantasy kino
>>
>>69905174
time is a bad pussy
>>
>>69904754
stannis king
>>
>>69910705
Yeah, there's rules for this one

-The past is already written
- you can't physically interact with the past
>>
Warging into past Hodor to control present Hodor doesn't make any sense. There were other wargers and no way they controlled future victims.
Bran understands that he had to make Hodor retarded to be able to escape.
>>
Excerpt from A Game of Thrones, published twenty years ago;

>"I could tell you the story about Brandon the Builder," Old Nan said. "That was always your favorite."

>Thousands and thousands of years ago, Brandon the Builder had raised Winterfell, and some said the Wall. Bran knew the story, but it had never been his favorite. Maybe one of the other Brandons had liked that story. Sometimes Nan would talk to him as if he were her Brandon, the baby she had nursed all those years ago, and sometimes she confused him with his uncle Brandon, who was killed by the Mad King before Bran was even born. She had lived so long, Mother had told him once, that all the Brandon Starks had become one person in her head.
>>
>>69905036
is this from a show? fuck he looks cool as shit.

man it'd be fun to look like him.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.