[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retards are already using this to say how Bran can now go back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: hothedor.png (805 KB, 1912x1016) Image search: [Google]
hothedor.png
805 KB, 1912x1016
Retards are already using this to say how Bran can now go back and change the events of the past. It's like people don't understand the basic Harry Potter model of time travel.
>>
Harry Potter is shit
There are no rules to time travel
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>69901330
There was no need to use the r-word in that post. You could have said faggots, niggers, or any other number of words instead. When you use the r-word you are directly insulting people with disabilities.

Be aware of your language.
>>
>>69901436
Oh sorry, I've really got to work on avoiding speech that could marginalize the differently abled. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
Fuck harry potter. Is that all the basis you people have for time travel? Are you that illiterate plebs? Fuck you
>>
File: raw-6.jpg (120 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
raw-6.jpg
120 KB, 1920x800
>>69901385
> its a dumb fucking faggot outs himself like a retard
Do know what thereotical physics are, they are supposed rules. Harry potter abides by the novikov self consistency principle. You don't even have a clue as to what youre talking about yet you're crying about reddit and shit taste? Lol you are a worthless fucking piece of shit and cant even understand the use of a closed loop in harry potter. Not that you would know in the first place the movie is different from the books and has a correct depiction of time travel, one of the few in cinema

Tldr fuck your own face faggot
>>
>>69902433
Literally another dumb fuck who has no idea what the fucking film was actually about with respect to the plot and themes and the time travel physics used. You're bs posts are so easy to spot

See this and the novikov self consistency principle
>>69902717
>>
>>69902433
I see nothing wrong by referring to this style of time travel by the most famous usage of it, it's not a judgement of how good the book/film was, it's just stupid to avoid calling things by their most well known names because they're too pleb.
>>
File: 1457356697035.jpg (115 KB, 600x611) Image search: [Google]
1457356697035.jpg
115 KB, 600x611
>>69902843
>The principle asserts that if an event exists that would give rise to a paradox, or to any "change" to the past whatsoever, then the probability of that event is zero. It would thus be impossible to create time paradoxes.

Wew how fucking conveniant.
>>
>>69905285
It's better summed up by the principal "whatever happened, happened".

Basically the only things you will be able to do when you time travel will already have affected reality by the time you do, so it will appear to have no effect. Lost and Harry Potter both take this route, though Lost with an exception.
>>
>>69905773
>so it will appear to have no effect

But are there actual changes? Do timelines default to a new status quo?
>>
>>69905827
There are no changes because in the timeline they always happened, we as an audience only get to see the present of them occurring. Bran didn't change the past, he always warged into hodor to make him hodor.
>>
>>69905898
what next.
Bran is actually tree man?
>>
>>69905898
>predestination bullshit

lame. removes all agency from characters. Their choice do not matter
>>
>>69905898
I don't care about what we as an audience get to see.
Has there been a different timeline that somehow ended by setting up the Horod/Bran loop?
>>
>>69905939
No, he can't physically time travel.
>>
>>69905982
Are you sure?
>>
>>69901436
Lick my pecker autistic bitch boy retard
>>
>>69905981
No. Like I said, what Bran does he has always done. The timeline has already been established from beginning to end, were just seeing it flow from a perspective.
>>
>>69906002
Not until it's been shown but so far he can't.
>>
It was in first terminator you fags
>>
>>69906037
So we have a deterministic universe, where the effect can happen before the cause (from our time experience pov; effect = Wyllis -> Hodor, cause = Bran warging Hodor in the future while visiting the past). Ok, this means that the universe can be filled with tonnes of loops or fucked up causalities, it seems like lazy writing.
>>
File: 1449974243792.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1449974243792.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>69906035
>>
>>69906177
>it seems like lazy writing.
Now you get it.
>>
File: 54325432.png (23 KB, 807x892) Image search: [Google]
54325432.png
23 KB, 807x892
>>
Like anything doing with time travel it doesnt make any sense at all.

Hodor is too retarded to help the others out during the attack so Bran has to mind fuck him into doing it. Bran mind fucking him makes him retarded. If Bran didnt mind fuck him Hodor could've just been a regular person grabbed Bran and ran.

So Bran's reason to mind fuck Hodor is also the cause. Its just a shit paradox. Any story that has time travel completely breaks down for it destroys the most basic aspect of reality of cause and effect.
>>
So what about the first Willis? In the first timeline before Bran started the loop?
>>
>>69906673
It was always like this according to this fag
>>
>>69906615

>Implying Hodor would sacrifice his life for Bran without being mind controlled
>>
>>69906615
I don't think the mind fuck in the past was intentional. I think it just happened by accident and Bran didn't know he was doing it.
>>
>>69906615
Don't tell GRRM this.
>>
>>69901436
Please suck-start the nearest firearm at your disposal immediately.
>>
>>69905960
>>69906177
>>69906274

That's why I really dont like it when they go for the stable loop time travel. If it has a thematical purpose, like in True Detective, maybe even Interstellar, it's all right but if it's used soleley as a clever plot twist or a narrative device, it's dumb cause it completely removed any significant progress achieved by the charachters suffering.
And most of the time, in this case surely, that's what all of the movie/series/book is about:to watch the charachters live trough their choices.

Now, if we're intellectually honest, all the rest of GoT as no significance because all that've happened and all that will, it's already set in time.
>>
>>69906615
>Hodor could've been a present day Dunk
>>
>>69906716
Well if he ran when he was told to they wouldve been fine. Hodor bought like 10 seconds by holding the door when they coudlve had a 3min start
>>
>>69906774
If it wasn't intentional then why the fuck did it happen in the first place? Not like this, because that would be impossible as this situation arose from Hodor already being mindfucked.
>>
>>69906774

>"Bran warg into Hodor"
>There's two Hodors
>Bran gets both cause it's the same person
>Hodor brain fries from either warging or hodor consciousness being transferred
>>
>>69906802
I doubt bran's arc is that significant tho. It'll be a contained thing where it's him vs the whites, not him being a dungeon master to the whole universe.
>>
>>69906839

He needed him to be retarded to be his man slave
>>
>>69906873
Because he was emotional? He has no control over whatever the Raven was teaching him? Hodor was created through meeras voice.

>>69906908
I don't care to break it down, just accepting it as Bran fucking everything up again.
>>
>>69906802
no shit its set in time, do you read the books/watch the episodes in a random order?
>>
>>69905898
Fuck your faggot Harry poorer bs. I'm calling back to the future rules. Go eat a dick
>>
>>69907125
if bran called for a pizza delivery in the past would it get to destination in time?
>>
>>69907125
I don't get why you're attacking me, just pointing out what's been shown in the show. There hasn't been an instance where Bran started fading away because he hesitated to warg hodor.
>>
>>69901330
Question
Did change the past? He did
Therefore he can change the past you fucking retard
>>
>>69902717
>implying you can escape paradox when time travel exists

if you can go back in time to change the past, then the past has no meaning. it can change any number of times over the course of any number of futures.
>>
>>69907327
not when there is only one story
>>
>he changes the past
>LOL the whole show never happened after all!!

Game of LOSTs disappointment end incoming
>>
>>69907292
He didn't change the past because there was no past in which Willis never turned into hodor.

>>69907327
See above. Past was not changed,
>>
>>69907292
No. He is the reason the past happened the way it did.
Check.
Mate.
>>
So it's more accurate to say that he can affect the past?
>>
>>69907521
It's more accurate to say he has affected the past.
>>
>>69907521
Not if 'the ink is dry' was true. Would be the same thing
>>
how can an episode that opens with a floppy cock and bollocks make me feel so hard

rip Summer. And Shaggydog for that matter
>>
>So traveling to the past to influence event that happened there isn't time traveling, so it's not a paradox, so fuck you.

Time Travel is impossible. Much like arctic zombies and dragons. Accept it.
>>
>>69906350
this made me laugh
>>
>>69901436
>implying being a faggot or a nigger isn't a disability
>>
>>69907521
yes but not the most accurate way to say it

you could say

if he affects the past again in the future, he will make things happen that already happened from our perspective
>>
>>69907745
No you just say that the past has always been the past and all he does is observe how Willy saw the future due to MAGIC.
>>
>>69907614
And Ghost, too. Was mad when they showed him being stabbed to pieces by the Undead.
>>
>>69907921
Ghost isn't dead breh.
>>
>>69907921
that was summer
>>
>>69907921
>>69908017
winter is coming
>>
I'm assuming HOLD THE DOOR is at least something Martin came up with right?
>>
>>69908148
yeh
i think the part about children creating the walkers is too but im not sure
>>
>>69908534
I doubt D&D even know about the invasion of the first men so sounds about right
>>
>>69908703
again im not sure but i think it happened around the invasion of the andals
>>
>>69907983

Oh, thank god. He looked damned white so I assumed it was Ghost.
>>
>>69909017
It was before
>>
>>69901330
Ducking pleb Harry potter is shit
>>
>>69907983
Only two Direwolves left now, and one is on its own. But I'm sure DnD will show Arya's wolf causing havok near the crossroads inn, and then just for the hell of it, show it finally hunted down and killed, because hey GRRM kills people for shock, lets just keep doing that over and over.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.