[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Dune EVER get a proper adaptation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: dune.jpg (8 KB, 200x301) Image search: [Google]
dune.jpg
8 KB, 200x301
Will Dune EVER get a proper adaptation?
>>
>>69898616
Nope.
>>
What is Dune about?
>>
>>69898716
Space Opera.
Too much plot to go into, just read the books and/or kill yourself.
>>
>>69898716
spice and worms
>>
File: jodorowskysdune.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jodorowskysdune.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1080
>>69898616
this should have been the adaptation. but at least thanks to this we got the Alien(s) franchise. (he got giger together with the writers and production crew that worked on Alien). But yeah, Salvador Dali as the Emperor, Orson Welles as Baron Harkonen, would have been god tier.
>>
>>69898716
space muslims take down space europeans with giant worms. but then they let it get to them everything goes poorly
>>
>>69898716
Dehydrated Sand niggers worship an aryan who leads them to overthrow the aryan duchy. Think Lawrence of Arabia in space
>>
>>69898716
Basically it's about Leto II, despite a legacy of tyranny, guaranteeing the infinite survival of the human species, though he had to sacrifice his humanity and his life to do so.
>>
>>69898815
People give Jodorowsky so much shit, and yeah maybe he's a madman but his movies always guarantee a good time.
>>
>>69898716
The golden path of ensuring humanity's eternal existence
>>
>>69898815
>an insane pederast who had no desire to respect the source material would have created a proper adaptation
>>
>>69898815
>Orson Welles as Baron Harkonnen
>Orson Welles playing a pedophilic, necrophiliac, diseased tyrant

No thanks.
>>
>>69898616

There have been 3 attempts, with little success.

Not including the vidyas. Whilst i like the games i dont think they reflect dune accuratley, bene gessrit neing bald etc
>>
>>69898815
fuck off. jodorowsky wanted to turn it into a nine hour horse-whip-the-pope anti-catholic diatribe.

someone should bend him over a chair and 'rape him.. with love.'
>>
>>69899240
The games (westwoods) follow on from Lynch's movie.
The Dune game is the best adaptation but that's not saying much.
>>
>>69898815
When will this meme die?
>>
>>69899128
describe any two of them that you have seen, with enough detail to convince us you aren't copypasting from wikipedia.

i'll be right here, giggling at the way Moebius drew him as a sanctimonious fake hierophant who keeps shitting his pants, in "Madwoman of the Sacred Heart".
>>
>>69899319
take reference*
Which is very un-Dune like.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.