[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did she lose the kingsmoot if so many ironborn were willing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
How did she lose the kingsmoot if so many ironborn were willing to steal all those ships and leave with her?
>>
>>69895441
cool they didnt see 100 people and the 2 greyjoys walk away lel
>>
Only lords of the Iron Islands could vote, not any Islander. The people in ships were 99% commoners.
>>
And how are they so fine with the fact that Euron killed his brother so he could get the throne?
>>
Because that was more badass
>>
>>69895524
This bugged me a lot. I dont care who you are, the dude just admitted to murdering your king. Guy would've been dead in a heartbeat. Nobody wants to hear his rhetoric.
>>
>>69895524
Because the show, like everything from hollywood, is written by a bunch of high-verbal-IQ jews ... who have only mediocre visuospatial IQ. So logic and logisitics are out the window and we get teleporting characters, armies and materiel appearing from nowhere, etc.
>>
>>69895524
Apparently nobody gives a shit now, Ramsay kills his dad and Umber doesn't give a fuck, Euron kills brother no one gives a fuck, Sand Snakes kill whole family and no one gives a fuck
>>
>>69895810
>high verbal IQ
heheheheh you got me
>>
If they had a majority, why not just kill them? They will try to eventually, and their house and lords values killing to get stuff.
>>
>>69895681

They're Iron Islanders. Leaving aside the fact that they're functionally retards because instead of surviving by building a McLargeHuge trading fleet and running between Westeros and Essos transporting things that are exotic from one side to the other, food, and whatever else they choose to be reavers and try to cart supplies from an increasingly poor target population back to the Iron Islands, they have a big thing about the Iron Price and anyone with the strength to just *take* something deserves to have it.

For them, Euron killing Balon proves he was worthy of being King. If Balon was worthy of being King he wouldn't have died. If Yara was worthy of being Queen she should have called Euron out at the Kingsmoot, but she's probably very aware that Euron would wreck her shit if they fought. And because of the whole Iron Price thing it's not like she can nominate a champion.
>>
>>69895486
I'm sure they saw. I guess they thought a ritual to the most lazily made religion was more important.
>>
>>69896061
>For them, Euron killing Balon proves he was worthy of being King. If Balon was worthy of being King he wouldn't have died.

Pretty much this.

>A bunch of men living on a miserable rock workshipping the barbaric ways of the drowned god

And people wonder why the Greyjoys are in dead last right now. But Balon's dead so that's a good thing. Around the time Yara returns and takes the throne, the White Walkers would've killed them all by then. Assuming her and Theon doesn't join up with Sansa.
>>
>>69895441
The vote of 20 good men is worth 200 regular
>>
>>69895524
because le iron price
>>
>>69896061
I give you props for a decent headcanon but personally I'm just not buying it. You don't follow a king into two uphill wars if there is no feudal culture of homage to the king. Every faggot baron would want to run the Iron Isles and something is keeping in line.
>>
>>69896466
>Assuming her and Theon doesn't join up with Sansa.
I'm pretty sure they're going to Essos and eventually meet Daenerys.
>>
>>69896977
No, because that's what the king Greyjoy dude is doing (idk his name i'm autistic). They're going to join the Starks, reclaim the North, and the final boss battle will be North vs Daenarys with the white walker wild card
>>
>>69897088
>implying the starks wont bend the knee again
>>
>>69897088
>the final boss battle will be North vs Daenarys with the white walker wild card
The final boss battle is everyone vs the white walkers
>>
>>69895524
because the ironborn are le evil guys they like killing le iron price he got the crown with the iron price xD
>>
>>69895486
>100 people
there were at least 100 ships which would require crews of 20 something each at least.
We're talking thousands of people loading up ships and sailing away in the 5 minutes it took a guy to drink some sea water and go crazy.
>>
>>69897207
In season 7 Bran takes it upon himself to use his infinite access to time to warg into every single white walker ever and commit suicide with it. They get wiped out by S7E09

dumbass
>>
Remind me why they changed her name to yara and why victarion is not in the show?
>>
>>69897088
>North vs Dany

Why would the North fight Dany when it was the argument between Ned's defense against Robert of killing the her and her brother led a chain of events which screwed the Starks over?

I think everyone is just having a temporary alliance with Jon in order to stick a sword up Ramsay's ass. After the North is taken back, they'll just focus on the Whitewalkers.

You're forgetting Dany's target is King's Landing, not the North.
>>
>>69895441
Okay anon let me break it down for you,

Candidate 1
>omg it's time for a Woman Ironborn
>let's make peace for rocks and pinecones
>I lost a battle against a shirtless guy and some dogs
>I'm related to the old king, I'm next in line!
>people without dicks support me, you should too!

Candidate 2
>Let's make the Iron Islands Great Again!
>Everyone hates us anyways, might as well go for broke and steal some dragons amirite?
>btw I'm a badass reaver feared all over the world, literally raped a shark off the coast of Lys
>All the cool people support me

So which one would you vote for anon? and be honest.
>>
They hundreds of men and got those ships up, loaded, and gone fast. I can't even get my 3 year old out the door in the morning that fast.

Life goals!
>>
>>69895681
ironborne are hard to figure out. their mating rituals involve consensual rape
>>
File: 1426817163309.jpg (42 KB, 669x746) Image search: [Google]
1426817163309.jpg
42 KB, 669x746
so wait a minute
did bran basically fucked Hodors life up by turning him into a tard in the past just to hold a fucking door for 20 seconds?
I refuse to believe that GRRM could pull off something so far fetched and retarded.
>>
>>69897566
Neither. What fucking sane person would live on the Iron Islands?
>>
>>69895524
>says he killed her father
>doesn't just immediately imbed an axe in his head
so much for the ironborn not being pussies

also
>theon has no cock XD
>>
>>69897864
>Bran warged into Hodor in the past
>Meera yelled "hold the door" a bunch of times"
>Future Bran that wasn't really there warging into past hodor makes past hodor repeat "hold the door hold the door"
>This makes him become so retarded that the only thing he can ever say is "hold the door"
>This makes him SO RETARDED that he can't even properly say "hold the door" only "hodor"

I see no problem :\^)
>>
>we'll just build the largest fleet in the world with the trees on our windswept islands

why doesn't literally any other house/kingdom/Khaleesi do this?
>>
>>69897864
>>69897995

>warg into Hodor to "hold the door"
>not "get the fuck up and pull this sled so we don't need someone to hold the door in two minutes"
>>
>>69897973
>Thinking Yara can take on Euron

Just like she almost took out a shirtless Ramsay.
>>
>>69898048
Because they are a seafaring nation full of expert ship builders with literally no trees left on their land.
>>
>>69898122
>>69897995
>>69897864
It would've been better if Hodor had seen Lyanna elope with Rhaegar one night, and Bran warged into him and tried to interfere.
>>
>>69898048
Dorne really should have realized you can BUILD new ships. They could use a navy.
>>
File: theon-greyjoy-quote-lbc-23678.jpg (704 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
theon-greyjoy-quote-lbc-23678.jpg
704 KB, 1280x720
Why didn't Theon just challenge him to a fight?

He was a pretty good fighter (especially archer) and pretty vicious pre-torture.
>>
File: 1405106870761.png (65 KB, 136x191) Image search: [Google]
1405106870761.png
65 KB, 136x191
>>69897566
>mfw Yara vs Euron is a metaphor for Hillary vs Trump
>>
>>69898765
Alfie's got a great screen presence and his performance in S2 was great. It's too bad he's been completely wasted since then.
>>
Hold the door!
>>
>dude lets build new ships LMAOO

took about 6 months - 1 year for vikings to build similar ships using old ass technology

and judging from the episode, yara took like 30 ships

so we'll see you in 15 years Euron, hopefully khaleesi is still a qt by then, good luck bro

d&d didnt think this through
>>
>>69895524

A combination of the fact that D&D are retarded and the Ironborn are retarded enough that they considered "Theon has no cock" to be a legitimate argument.
>>
>>69897306
Bran undoes the entire plotline with time travel warg
>>
File: 1461481461229.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1461481461229.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>Where's my Niece and Nephew?
>Let's go murder them. >:)

The writing in this fucking show is pure cancer.
>>
>>69898985
>the Ironborn are retarded enough that they considered "Theon has no cock" to be a legitimate argument.

It sort of is when only one family has ruled the Iron Islands for the last century or so
>>
>>69895524
>>69895681
>>69895908
>>69896558
>>69897257
>>69897973
Balon didn't do shit. He sent people out to conquer parts of Westeros and after they did they promptly got overthrown and had to retreat, he's a shit King and did nothing to further the Iron Islands power.

You fucks are this retarded or just bitching because the show is popular and how dare normies like something you do.
>>
>>69899021
Yeah, that was fucking dumb
>>
File: dude time travel lmao.jpg (32 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
dude time travel lmao.jpg
32 KB, 225x350
what other sci-fi bullshit are they going to add into this series?
>>
>>69895441

She had more troops! Why didn't she Fucking seize the Iron Throne by paying the iron price!?
>>
>>69897566
WTF the greyjoy sigil is ovaries
>>
>>69899021

I laughed out loud at that shit.

That was like something out of a D-grade 80s action movie.

Also,
>Galavant? Lol you learn that at school or something nerd?
>>
>>69895524
Balon was a shitty king and the people of the Iron Islands are generally retarded compared to other parts of Westeros. Probably has something to do with drinking all that sea water.

I think it's actually sort of believable. At least more believable than what they did with Dorne.
>>
Why didn't they just kill him when they had what seemed like all of the Iron Islands leave with them?
>>
>>69896826
This is just conjecture, but I'd reckon the Greyjoys are just in general much more powerful than the other houses so by their "Iron Price" tradition they never argue that they should rule over them.
>>
>>69897566
>people without dicks support me, you should too!

kek.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.