[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is, "kino"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
What exactly is, "kino"?
>>
A particular blend of CGI and live action, that makes it appear the Human actors are interacting with Orcs.
This is the only true definition of Kino.
>>
>>69888439
I was wondering the same thing, people on /r/movies didn't seem to know either.
>>
In German it means theater
>>
File: 0.jpg (152 KB, 800x545) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
152 KB, 800x545
>>69888439

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_with_a_Movie_Camera

"The film Man with a Movie Camera represents

AN EXPERIMENTATION IN THE CINEMATIC COMMUNICATION
Of visual phenomena
WITHOUT THE USE OF INTERTITLES
(a film without intertitles)
WITHOUT THE HELP OF A SCENARIO
(a film without a scenario)
WITHOUT THE HELP OF THEATRE
(a film without actors, without sets, etc.)

This new experimentation work by Kino-Eye is directed towards the creation of an authentically international absolute language of cinema – ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY – on the basis of its complete separation from the language of theatre and literature."
This manifesto echoes an earlier one that Vertov wrote in 1922, in which he disavowed popular films he felt were indebted to literature and theater.[6]

tl;dr: to qualify as kino, something must be documentary style and not include stars, plots, props and studio shooting.
>>
>>69888439
the inshtrument of your liberation
>>
mmmmmmmmm shampoo ginger

squeeze that ginger OP
>>
A film so disappointingly terrible that you have to make impressive mental gymnastics in order to like it and perceive it as a masterpiece
>>
File: Viktor_Tsoi_Coruscant.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Viktor_Tsoi_Coruscant.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>69888439

Viktor Tsoi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K69_m4gtZDk
>>
>>69890478
cunny posting is dead. bury it. consider this mercy.
>>
File: kino movie flick cinema.jpg (265 KB, 1252x1138) Image search: [Google]
kino movie flick cinema.jpg
265 KB, 1252x1138
does this answer your question?
>>
>>69890580
This is such bullshit. Please tell me it's not real.

Film is a medium and by extension a term for a motion picture. "Cinema" is just a fancy French word for "moving picture." "Photoplay" is an obsolete English phrase meaning the same thing. "Flick" and "movie" are colloquialisms also with the same meaning (although "flick" can indicate lower production values). "Cinerama" is a process. "Feature" is a length category (opposed to "short" or more properly "short subject").
>>
A stupid reddit forced term
>>
>>69892384
Laugh all you want, but these days, there's enough fucking autists out there who would draw up a chart exactly like this in all seriousness that I can never tell anymore and find it better to ask.
>>
>>69892595
I agree, but who cares about what i think.
>>
Anyone have that iceberg chart where it starts with ordinary marvel capeflick directors but then just delves into these obscure russian no names doing hipster celluloid shit as it goes deeper
>>
>>69888439
Death grips in cinematic form
>>
>>69892595
Kinda like /pol/'s "evidence"
>>
>>69892595
Basically, when you act like a retard you attract retards. Then there are so many retards that retardation is mandatory and imposed on everyone.
>>
>>69888439
Exactly what you posted , my dear good friend.

You had kino inside you all along.
>>
File: 1461352983682.jpg (39 KB, 492x388) Image search: [Google]
1461352983682.jpg
39 KB, 492x388
>>69890580
>Examples: Pacific Rim (2013)
>>
>>69890580
you couldn't even get the same font for your little subtle shoop could you
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.