[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it a race thing or a woman thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Was it a race thing or a woman thing?
>>
>/tv/ commends his role as a good example of diversity
>he stays in the back, says very little and has little to no relevance to the plot
>>
>>69881866
It's a dubs thang
>>
File: exasperated.jpg (48 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
exasperated.jpg
48 KB, 500x380
>>69881963
/tv/ is so racist
>>
>>69881963
>SJW's denounce the role of Patty
>It's stereotypical and offensive to blacks

cannot win
>>
>>69881963
>he stays in the back, says very little and has little to no relevance to the plot

that's exactly why it's good. He's there for a one-note joke: he just turns up because he wants a job and only works there to get paid. He doesn't give a shit about ghosts or science or anything, and the story is about the other three guys.

'Bad' diversity would be forcing the character into a major role as the unnecessary best friend of the protagonist, or some high-up government position for progress points
>>
>>69881963
That's all we want.
>>
>>69882144
Yes, that's what he pointed out. What he was trying to get at is the implication of it.
>>
>>69882112
>that's because Eddie Murphy was a cunt back then
Fixed that for you.

>>69882144
Then why are you against "forced" diversity if you know those diverse actors and actresses are going to be used like props like Winston was?
>>
>>69882241
Because you're lying and they don't.

>F4ntastic: They make Johnny a main character
>Roland Deschain
>Force Awakens: All the concept Artwork showed Finn as white
>>
>>69882430
>Because you're lying and they don't.
You're good at arguing, aren't you?

>>F4ntastic: They make Johnny a main character
>Johnny Storm
>not being a main character
>The Human Torch
>not being a main character in the Fantastic Four movie
Ah, to be a normie.

>>Roland Deschain
>implying I care about Stephen King's Fanfiction
You wouldn't defend it either if you knew how liberal Stephen was, anyway.

>Force Awakens: All the concept Artwork showed Finn as white
>I don't know how concept art works
>>
>>69881963
This was my biggest irritation with the sequel. He's only in it once until the courthouse scene then he fucks off again while they fight the ghosts then all of a sudden he's with them again.

In the first he was supposed to be our eyes into the world of ghostbusters and when they changed the script his role was lessened. Whatever.

The sequel is when they failed with him.

But "DA DEVIL IZ ALI-AVE!!" Is in no way better.
>>
File: MTM3NDYzNjM0NTEzNzAwMjcw.jpg (36 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
MTM3NDYzNjM0NTEzNzAwMjcw.jpg
36 KB, 620x348
>>69882540
Johnny as a character is 4th tier in every Fantastic 4 work.

Disney also hired actors before JJ Abrams was brought on board. Jesse Plemons was supposed to play him but got replaced by Boyega when JJ was put in charge.

>B-but King is a Liberal!

Your argument is falling apart.

Here's another one: The Magnificent 7 starring Denzel Washington.
>>
>>69882964
>somebody doesn't know how to argue
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.