[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Americans actually fucking ask for their money back if they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: money.jpg (13 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
13 KB, 270x270
Do Americans actually fucking ask for their money back if they see a bad film?
>>
Yep. My falcon and I didn't like Drowning Mona.
>>
When I worked at a movie theater, the only movie anyone asked for their money back because the movie was bad was American Psycho.
>>
Do Americans not know how cinemas and distribution work?

You're blackly taking food from the owners mouth when you demand money for a film you didn't research if you'd like or not

You payed to see the movie not enjoy it (that's subjective)
>>
>>69881802
You're entitled to a refund if the first 30 minutes are terrible.
>>
>>69881802
I complained after I saw "Chernobyl Diaries". My stupid fuckin gf at the time wanted to see it, and I felt pissed and ripped off. First and only time.
>>
Yes because capitalism and freedom is the best. Keep giving your money to shitty films, eurofags.
>>
>>69881981
Cant stop me, fag
Also
>implying most profit isnt made from food sales
>>
I walked out halfway through the 3rd Matrix and got my money back.
>>
>>69881802
Yes, you fucking piece of shit, because unlike your garbage countries, when someone DESIGNATED faggot serves us up a big steaming pile in our faces, we don't stupidly grin and slurp it up like a bunch of backward bending cucks that you all seem to be, we DEMAND what is rightfully ours returned.

FUCK YOU M. NIGHT SHAMABAMADAMNWOW. FUCK YOUR TERRIBLE ASS VILLAGE AND OH SO SURPRISING "TWISTS"
>>
Real answer: No

End of thread
>>
>>69881802
>Do Americans
>>>/int/
>>
>>69882292
It's been 12 years, anon. Let it go.
>>
>>69882292
kek
>>
I just rip the stuff out of the seat if the movie displeases me.
>>
>>69881802
Many theaters will give a refund or partial refund if you walk out early. The number of people who request money back is so small that it's worth it to them to have a satisfied customer vs. the expense.
>>
>>69882013
Objectively define "terrible".
>>
>>69881981
>It somehow costs them more money whether I was in the theater or not

They were gonna play the picture either way, in fact cinemas are stealing money out of my kids mouths
>>
>>69881802
A lot of theaters have a policy of getting your money back if you leave in the first 30 minutes.
>>
I've never done that before. Is that possible? I just assumed it was impossible and never considered it. Never saw any signs or something that said you can get a refund. I am american.
>>
>>69881947

really?
any stories. their reasons?
>>
Yes I did for Cloverfield but I only got store credit those kikes
>>
File: FREEDOM.jpg (40 KB, 487x317) Image search: [Google]
FREEDOM.jpg
40 KB, 487x317
>>69882662
Not American enough I'm afraid.
>>
>>69882662
They don't openly advertise it but if your theater isn't shit they will refund you
>>
>>69882662
If you leave before the movie's half over there's a good chance you can get your money back, kind of like if you don't finish most of your meal in a restaurant.
>>
>>69882292
the village was good though

let me guess, you were mad there were no monsters? retard
>>
>>69882646
Unless if it's the benchwarmers. Never seen my parents demand their money back for anything ever.
>>
>>69882034
CoherAint
>>
The only way you can get your money back is if the theater screws up
(The film cuts out half way or the sound drops off)

I complained that the boom mic was visible in every scene and got a free pass. It's evidently the projectionist fault when the boom mic is visible
>>
>>69883031
The ending is terrible. It's a crummy secret, about one step up the ladder of narrative originality from "It was all a dream." It's so witless, in fact, that when we do discover the secret, we want to rewind the film so we don't know the secret anymore.
>>
>>69882292
The movie theatre is responsible for how much you like a film? Do you ask for your money back if you don't like the paintings in a gallery?
>>
>>69883415
you cost a working man living paycheck to paycheck his job over 10 bucks.
>>
>>69881802
Do yuropoors actually rent out their homes to refugees?
>>
>>69883887
Just because a restaurant owner doesn't personally cook me a meal does not excuse the food for being shit.
>>
>>69884010
Shouldn't have screwed up the film
>>
>>69884317
They do it for free.
>>
>>69881802
Meet the Fockers? I'd like to meet the faggot who made that movie and get my money back. Get my ticket money back
>>
>>69881802
yep. even if i liked it ill pretend i didnt. havent ever paid to see a movie in theaters
>>
>>69882736
Yeah, it was weird, because during that time there was a real stinker of a movie just about every week, but I never, ever had anyone ask for their money back till AP, and it wasn't just one person. I think at least three our four different people asked for their money back after AP.

The reasons were the same—that the movie made no sense, that he was killing people "for no reason" or that they didn't know it was "going to be this stupid."

The manager eventually just started giving people free passes and told me to give them out if anyone else complained about AP.
>>
>>69884317
No the government forces them out of their apartments and gives them to the refugees
>>
>>69884572
That analogy doesn't work. If you want a food analogy, it's like asking for a refund from a corner store, because you just tried a twinkie and didn't like it. The store didn't make the twinkie
>>
>>69884317
A lot of people are offering their houses to refugees, because they still have empathy for other people
>>
>>69881981
They TIP people anon, of course have no idea how transactions work.

They just throw their money around and hope to Christ it does something.
>>
>>69885119
That's so weird. I didn't realize American Psycho was such an alienating film for some people. I thought it was pretty straight forward. Great movie
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.