[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art House Is Fucking Garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
Art house is fucking garbage totally lacking in substance and uses shitty techniques to trick dumb people into thinking the movie has taken them on an enjoyable journey.

Prove me wrong with some decent examples.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 613x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 613x425
>>69881373
>You didn't actually enjoy what you enjoyed.
>>
>>69881437
>character hardly speaks for the first half of the movie
>"oh look now he's taking them on a ride in his car and happy music is playing"
>this guy is so endearing
>>
>>69881373
>art house movies trick the audience into enjoying movies
sperg detected
>>
>>69881373
the shit you posted isn't art house
that's just a flick made by a living breathing meme that clearly believes memey cinematography+abnoxious gore=art house
>>
>>69881504
Not an argument.
>>
>Drive Pleb
>>
File: ignoreplebs.jpg (208 KB, 914x625) Image search: [Google]
ignoreplebs.jpg
208 KB, 914x625
>>69881373
>ogf is art house
>a movie must be enjoyable
>>
pleb
>>
>>69881373
You convinced me anon. From now on, only Marvel movies for me.
Everything that doesn't appeal to the masses is shit.
It infuriates me when greedy "artists" just want to steal money to the starved Hollywood Industry.

Just give me Spider Man driving cool cars for fuck's sake.
>>
>>69881373
Saw OGF for the first time yesterday. Refn is a cool dude, and he knows how to get unique performances from his actors. He's alright in my book.

Get fucked pleb.
>>
>>69881373
Why do you see your preference in entertainment as a pissing match?
>>
File: exotic pepe.png (54 KB, 520x532) Image search: [Google]
exotic pepe.png
54 KB, 520x532
>he doesn't "get" it
>>
>>69881675
Because fucking Marvel and all the other action-junky shit is the only alternative to Art House.

>>69881736
I didn't even mention my preference and I'm giving you a chance to prove me wrong by giving me a decent movie to check out, so...
>>
>>69881682
>likes Refn
>calls anyone else a pleb
>>
File: 1368284312026.png (128 KB, 427x315) Image search: [Google]
1368284312026.png
128 KB, 427x315
>>69881844
Yeah, I like Refn.
>>
>>69881799
>Tilting at Windmills: The Post
>Stop Liking What I Dont Like: The Post
>>
OGF was really funny.
>>
>>69881799
But you think that art house is fucking garbage, and I'm assuming you do have a preferences in films that you think is greater.

Maybe if you asked in a less standoffish manner I would have taken it as a thread for recommendations.
>>
>>69881799
I'm sorry anon, obviously action is not the only model to rigidly follow. I almost forgot about comedies that speak to your heart and horror.

That's THREE whole kinds of movies.
Who the fuck needs more than three? Pretentious assholes, that's who.
>>
>>69881582

kek
>>
Didn't even bother watching OGF, I skipped around the movie and 90% of it was 10 second long close-ups of their faces to create tension

retarded
>>
trying to make a movie for the sake of art is like smearing shit in strategic areas of a room for the sake of fragrance. A select few might enjoy it, but it's still shit. It's not the director's fault, movies are just a bad medium for art.
>>
I'm not a big fan of art that tries to over-intellectualize stuff, and that applies to film. It can work sometimes, but mostly it comes off as pretentious and unenjoyable.

I would not put OGF in that category. It's a sensual pleasure, and it's very good at that. You can analyze it all you want, and Refn certainly put symbolism in it, but you don't have to "get it" to enjoy it because most importantly it's a treat for the senses, like all good art.
>>
The Last Romantic
>>
File: ems3_daisies2.jpg (104 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
ems3_daisies2.jpg
104 KB, 500x380
>>69881373
>I watched a few and drew conclusions about thousands of films

True pleb thinking
>>
File: Iwenttofilmschool.png (328 KB, 716x402) Image search: [Google]
Iwenttofilmschool.png
328 KB, 716x402
>>69881373

You just don't get avant garde do you OP? I'm sure you tried to watch a Dogma 95 film but did you really watch it?

>Slides glasses down to brim of nose

He he. That's what I thought.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.