[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ava DuVernay is looking for minority actors for her Wrinkle In
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
>Production held an open casting call last week, and it’s clear from the character descriptions that DuVernay is setting this up to be a more diverse version of the story than Disney’s 2003 made-for-TV adaptation.
>A 14-year-old mixed-race girl of African-American and Caucasian descent. “This girl is questioning her life, her place in the world and her family. While troubled, she possesses untapped strength and intelligence which carries her through her search for truth.”
>A 5-year-old mixed-race boy of African-American and Caucasian descent. “This boy is extremely intelligent and articulate. He is strong and loving and hypersensitive.”
>A 16-year-old boy who is an ethnic minority. “He is a handsome, fit, caring young man who becomes a friend to the above two kids.”
http://www.avclub.com/article/ava-duvernay-looking-minority-actors-her-wrinkle-t-236803

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>69879376
NOUS
>>
>tfw diversity castings and racial reimaginings have literally become a meme
>>
>>69879376

I'm a black nigga but I can't act and only wanna do this for the connections. Should I do it /tv/?
>>
>>69880721
Your over 18 fàm
>>
>>69880808

>>
>>69880808
You're just playing teens everyone knows they hire 25 year olds to play them
>>
So the moms going to be white (probably blonde, blue eyed) and the dad will be a nigger.

Hooray!
>>
>Mixed Race _ of African-American and Caucasian descent.

Take a fully black kid to the tryouts

When he flunks out, make a fuss about racism. Get the NAACP involved.
>>
Hi /po/, how is this any different from you cucks whining about dindus complaining about white only casts?
>>
>>69881031
>/po/

This has nothing to do with papercraft.
>>
>>69881060
Paper is white.
>>
>>69881031
Leave origami out of this you limpdicked redd.it faggot
>>
>>69881073
That's racist.
>>
why don't they hire actual child actors?
>>
QUEEN

MMMMMMM HMMMMMMMM

WERK DAT
>>
>all niggers...i mean, minority actors
>>
>chimp out over GitS played by a jew
>literally no one cares that black kids will be in an american classic

Why is this allowed
>>
>>69879376
Ooo. Errrr. Are you triggered, poltard? Do you want 4chan to be your personal army or echo chamber? There, there. Let mommy sing you to sleep with panzerlied and Horst wessel lied.
>>
>>69881214
>A 16-year old boy who is an Ethnic Minority

He won't be: Asian/Latin/Indian/Arab
>>
>>69881261
Does their race have any bearing what so ever on the plot? No? Then it doesn't matter that they aren't white
>>
>>69881455
Their father doesn't leave them and refuse to pay child support he gets kidnapped, they are clearly white kids.
>>
>>69881455
Doesn't matter that they're black either.

Yet right before your eyes is "We want Mulattos".
>>
>hire black actors
>"see, we bout to get dat chedda! Stay mad honky"
>entire set crew and film production is white guys

Maybe they should have some nigger splicing and dicing it. Make it real affirmative action style. Minorities in most of the behind the scenes roles through the entire creation of the movie
>>
>>69881521
Exactly, it doesn't matter. That's why its wholly up to the director just like every other "meaningless" artistic decision that the director puts into the movie.
>>
File: Really Cat.jpg (69 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
Really Cat.jpg
69 KB, 780x585
>>69881455

If their race "doesn't matter" then why are they changing it?
>>
File: Annie2014Poster.jpg (17 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
Annie2014Poster.jpg
17 KB, 220x326
>Let's black wash a movie, what's the worst that can happen!?
>>
>>69882006
>black wash
I think it should be oil spill not black wash
>>
I'm a 24 year old hispanic and I can pull off being a 16 year old all I have to do is shave. How do I audition?
>>
the evil being will be called the White Thing
>>
File: Let Go.jpg (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Let Go.jpg
11 KB, 400x400
>A Christian Science Fiction-Fantasy novel starring a cast of white English children
>Liberals turn it into a secular soulless cash-grab filled with DIVERSITY (tm), i.e. ugly mulatto rejects

Why can't Liberals or Blacks for that matter just write anything of their own and then cast other minorities?
Why do they constantly have to hijack properties owned by Whites, Chistians, etc.

I legitimately hope this bombs, just like Fan4stic, the Annie remake and all the other race-bait bullshit.
>>
>>69879376

Bombs away
>>
>>69879376

>Ava DuVernay

Does this woman have the most bloated, punch-able Liberal face in all of Hollywood?
>>
>>69881985
Because the director is black and wants to. See >>69881918
It's no different than choosing the filming location or costumes
>>
>>69881135
>one hit wonder
>>
>>69882089
>oil spill

That implies accident, maybe black paint works.
>>
>>69882203
SHE'S NOT EVEN A GOOD DIRECTOR

Selma was fucking garbage.
>>
>>69879376
based armond absolutely destroyed her shit film
>>
File: coletrain.png (581 KB, 1300x1258) Image search: [Google]
coletrain.png
581 KB, 1300x1258
>>69879376
>Why is this allowed?
Do you really feel shock? You know there is a whole industry of black entertainment
>>
>>69879615
ATAY
>>
>Spend millions on a fantasy adaptation
>Fill it with niggers
>Everyone in America writes it off as a black movie
>China wants nothing to do with it

How many of these have to bomb before the Jews realize diversity doesn't sell?
>>
The day of the rope cannot come soon enough.
>>
>>69882006

I know /pol-tv/ likes to act like Annie was a total flop, but it did $85m on a $65m budget. That's a respectable box office for a remake of a children's musical that has basically no resonance with anyone born after 1950.
>>
>>69883569

It's more about Dogma than money at this point, shockingly enough.
Suits in places like Sony, Disney, etc. are willing to throw away millions just to promote an agenda. It's not ideal, but they view it as a viable sacrifice more often than not.

Same with Target losing business due to their "tolerant" policy on bathrooms but doing it anyway.

Liberalism is a religion at this point.
>>
>>69885796

>I know /pol-tv/ likes to act like Annie was a total flop
It woefully under-performed compared to what its creator's needed it to do. A lot of its profit was eaten-up by things like advertising.
>>
>>69879376

I like that they now want to cast mixed people to cover all bases.
>>
>>69881455

It doesn't matter that a Jewish woman is playing a robot in Ghost In The Shell and look how buttmad that got people.
>>
>>69885796

>/pol/
>Caring about /tv/

Also;

>Losing money
>Respectable business

kek
>>
>>69881031
Remember that time white people remade Roots with white slaves? Remember that time white Shaft remake? Remember that sci fi movie with a white guy as the Great JuJu?

Fucking whites.
>>
>>69885796
That's a monetary loss you dumb fuck. Profit and gross are two different things.
>>
I havent watched any nu type movies at all this year. Its all just shit.
>>
>>69885796
That's the production budget. Marketing would be something like 20-40 mil more on top of that.

It failed.
>>
>>69879376
Yep. Called that shit as soon as she got picked up.
>>
>>69886726

Nothing in Hollywood is recorded as profit anyhow. Fuck, man, the Star Wars Trilogy is on paper as a loss. Exceeding cost on a film that's been made half a dozen times is more than Hollywood deserves for repeating itself so much.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.