[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this the fucking daily show now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: lead_large[3].png (261 KB, 615x346) Image search: [Google]
lead_large[3].png
261 KB, 615x346
why is this the fucking daily show now?
>>
the daily show was successful so if they copy it they will be successful too

it's literally a plan without flaws
>>
Jost is probably the worst anchor of all-time.
He's literally a derivative of Seth Myers in every way possible, who also sucked.
>>
>>69878908

Michael Che making Colin Jost uncomfortable is really the only reason to watch the show anymore, with the only exception being skits where Cecily Strong is dressed up like a whore.
>>
Because The Daily Show itself is currently on life support.
>>
File: cinco boy.jpg (6 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
cinco boy.jpg
6 KB, 236x177
>>69879208
>He's literally a derivative of Seth Myers in every way possible, who also sucked.
Except he's bet-her
>>
last episode they opened with 5 or 6 back-to-back cracks about trump

some were funny but damn, just calm down and get some new ideas plz
>>
>>69878908
Michael Che is actually funny. Jost isn't funny and gives off the vibe that he writes his Trump jokes thinking he will change the world by telling them
>>
>>69881034
They simply can't do enough damage control. They're in a hyper frenzy.
>>
>>69878908
>Weekend Update = a weekly staple since the 70s
fucking millennials
... no wonder even cape shit movies have to be dumbed-down
>>
>>69878908
Libcucks are in fear of the God Emperor.
>>
>>69881244
i think op was referring to how it's being abused in an effort to make the candidate that they don't like look bad
>>
>>69881244
>>Weekend Update = a weekly staple since the 70s
Literally no one said this. Which words are you putting in whose mouth?

>... no wonder even cape shit movies have to be dumbed-down
As if they were ever 'high brow'?
>>
>now
>>
Weekend Update was only good with Norm and sometimes with Jimmy and Tina
>>
>>69881362
>As if they were ever 'high brow'?
That's just it, they're NOT; they're comic book movies. But with today's inattentive viewers, the new cape shit movies have to be dumbed-down further.
>>
>>69882328
Name an example of capeshit that is smarter than today's market.
>>
>>69879281

Cecily Strong has a pretty nice body (by female comedian standards anyway).
>>
>>69881317
>how it's being abused in an effort to make the candidate that they don't like look bad
Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, and so on ...
So, nothing's changed then.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (137 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
137 KB, 2000x1000
>>69882421
>>
>Dennis Miller: Conservative
>Kevin Nealon: apolitical
>Norm Macdonald: Conservative
>Colin Quinn: Conservative

don't just resign yourselves to the current situation. SNL could uncuck themselves again
>>
>>69882276
Spade had his moments too
>>
>>69882388
4u? nah.
>>
>>69882573
>don't just resign yourselves to the current situation
The fuck am I supposed to do? Write Lorne Michaels a letter?
>>
>>69882613
Pathetic.
>>
>>69882581

I love that a throwaway joke that Spade did is the reason that Eddie Murphy refused to go back on SNL for decades.
>>
>>69882707
>didn't get the point of >>69881244
>had to be explained by >>69882328
>**i don't get it** please show me example

special kid needs special attention here!
>>
>>69882879
You're just being intentionally obtuse to shit up the thread. Please remove yourself.
>>
>>69878908
SJW's
>>
>>69883134
>obtuse
>ob·tuse
>1.
>annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.

>not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not sensitive or observant; dull. 2. not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form

says the person who didn't get the point of >>69881244

LMAO
>>
>>69883404
I thought he/you was using greentext to 'imply'. I realize my mistake. You scorn youngsters for ruining the capeshit industry. Now prove that you're not a complete idiot, and name exactly one past example that is better.
>>
>>69883575
4an obtuse person? LOL. what for?
>>
>>69883660
All right, senpai. Enjoy watching your old 'good' capeshit on VHS.
>>
>>69878908
>watching SNL
>>
>>69878908
>SNL

who the fuck still watches this and why?
>>
>>69884349
i think this about tv in general, but hey.
>>
>>69878908
this segment has been around for a long time, op
>>
>>69881108
the thing that bugs me though is that at least jost can deliver his lines while che doesn't seem like he belongs on television. He's not a performer.
>>
>>69882641
thats how they did it in the olden days, son, sure why not.
>>
Because neo-liberals have to be told what to hate.
>>
the only part of SNL worth watching anymore is their political parodies, which tend to still be pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvSiH1eAF3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn4tP7ogWIA
>>
File: trumpwave (2).webm (823 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
trumpwave (2).webm
823 KB, 720x720
SNL gave us the best Trump webm ever
>>
>>69878908
because the writing sucks worse then ever and jost is the head writer so its the shittiest aspect front and center
Ive finally figured out what I hate about to after not being able to put my finger on it. Aside from the "DUDE ITS 2016 LOL REPUBLICANS" stance, thy take every joke and beat it to death. Once its said, instead of dropping it they keep repeating it like a dozen times to make sure we get it
>>
>>69882276
Also Dennis Miller.

Although they were before my time, from what I've heard and from what clips I've seen, Chevy Chase and Jane Curtain were both great (the latter both solo and paired with first Dan Aykroyd and later Bill Murray).
>>
I haven't watched SNL in almost 6 years who the fuck are these people?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.