[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his fucking problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Cypher_(Matrix).jpg (29 KB, 663x422) Image search: [Google]
Cypher_(Matrix).jpg
29 KB, 663x422
What was his fucking problem?
>>
>>69877744
he got friendzoned by the bitch, its pretty obvious
>>
>>69877744
Gee idk anon, his entire stupid worthless life was either a simulation or living in some Orwellian nightmare of a future. Nigga just wanted a good steak.
>>
>>69877744
he was jealous of Tony
>>
>>69877882
kek
>>
murpheus didnt have an argument.
>>
Literally why bother with a shit reality where you're constantly fighting some AI when you can just be a billionaire with zero worries, surrounded by humans and no wars or whatsoever?

And then comes the simulation hypothesis, where if a Matrix-like simulation can be created in our world, then it's infinitely more likely that we, "the real ones", are also in a simulation, as the chance of being the single real universe out of the trillions of simulations under it is close to zero. And if that's true, literally why bother seeking "reality" when it's literally impossible to reach it?

That's actually how the Matrix should've ended, with Neo finding out that the outside world was also a simulated reality, and that the Matrix was a simulation within a simulation to eliminate the chances of people becoming aware of the real simulation.
>>
File: no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg (51 KB, 814x500) Image search: [Google]
no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg
51 KB, 814x500
>>69878410
...that's dumb and would have made me upset I wasted so much time watching these movies when nothing was at stake.
>>
>>69877744
Cypher did nothing wrong
>>
>>69877744

If you realized that the best steak you ever had was a bunch of ones and zeroes, you'd be pissed too.
>>
>Cypher was going to be the "devil" to Neo's Jesus and was going to have Smith's role, the last of whom we'd see after the train station fight
Would've been cool.
>>
I think they should have made his viewpoint out to be more legit instead of just making him an asshole. Could have explored the whole harsh reality vs blissfull ignorance thing more.
>>
If you're on 4chan and you can't see why somebody would choose escapism over hanging out in a dingy ship full of activists, shitty food and women that won't fuck you, I don't really know what to tell you man.
>>
>>69877744
a) she was a whore
2) she was losing races
>>
File: 1434862692172.png (491 KB, 707x682) Image search: [Google]
1434862692172.png
491 KB, 707x682
He's literally retarded. Why would he actually believe that the AI would bother plugging him back into the matrix once he'd killed Neo? At that point he's has no leverage and is literally of zero value to the machines. A cold, calculating AI would obviously figure that it would just be easier to kill the motherfucker than to plug him back in and wipe his memory, if that was even possible.
>>
>>69879663

But then the AI would never get favors from other humans
>>
>>69879663
He was desperate. The rest of the crew believed in their mission but he was more cynical and ended up resenting them for bringing him into the hellish apocalyptic real world. In that situation I think a many people would take any opportunity to get out.
>>
>>69878410
Film Theory or whatever he's called on youtube claims that's what was implied in the trilogy
>>
>>69877932
/pol/, pls.

Captcha: Store Front
>>
>>69879884
Technically it was, though the real world and Zion were allowed to take root by the machines so they could continue to improve the Matrix.
The real world was not a computer simulation.
>>
>>69879430
Yeah but to just take out a beautiful creature like pie-o-my? For what? The insurance? Ralphie was Tony's biggest earner at the time
>>
>>69880488
Medical bills are crazy, especially when your wife won't help pay and also your kid is too retarded to dodge an arrow
>>
>>69879663
the AI in the matrix almost never lie or go back on a deal, the only example i can think of is in the animatrix when the robot diplomat bombs the peace accords and that was only after the humans showed they were 100% untrustworthy
>>
>>69877744
The crews were too stupid to have just chug glasses of their protein snot and spend the rest of their meal time jacked into steak house based 'training' programs. I mean if Mouse was pimping out his woman in the red dress, you have to assume their plugs basically give them easier to use holodecks.

If I was Cypher, I'd tell them all to fuck off too.
>>
>>69877882
This
>>
>>69880911
>>69877744
>Be a hacker
>Find out life is all a lie and can be hacked like a programme
>Decide to live a really good life inside the programme instead of a shitty one outside it

Literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>69880424
This. They were still slaves to the machines.
>>
>>69879142
Certainly a lot better than some "lolvirus" shit.
>>
>>69879663
Why would you actually believe it wouldn't? He was as valuable a battery as any other human, and when rewarding a turncoat costs you literally nothing there's no reason to not reward them, and every reason to reward them.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.