[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So killing a scumbag pedophile is bad but killing a decent pregnant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 9
So killing a scumbag pedophile is bad but killing a decent pregnant woman is fine because you got paid to do it

makes sense
>>
Never work for free, anon.

https://youtu.be/9b7Y2WeHfpk?t=9
>>
>>69873127
a life for a life, retard

it was paid with a life.
>>
>>69873127

Doesn't matter who they kill or whyt, all that matters is that they do as the faceless god tells them to.
>>
>>69874090

Are you retarded? No god tells them, they work for the manyfaced "god" aka death.

They are ASSASSINS! If a fucking guy pays them money to kill someone they do it. The manyfaced god shit is just some philosophy to give their order more edge.
>>
>>69873127

>babby's first moral dilemma with the real world

Adorable. Wait till you see politicians for what they really are.
>>
Yeah it doesn't make much sense.
It only makes a bit of sense if you see their group and the world as divided entities, when from the world an input to kill someone comes (be it someone paying or asking to drink the kool aid) they do, because it's as if the system (god) it's asking them to kill.
They don't do shit on their initiative because they don't make input, just execute.
>>
>>69874225

>If a fucking guy pays them money to kill someone they do it.

Except they don't want money, they want something of more significance. Perhaps they'd demand money from a person like Littlefinger or Tywin because it's so precious to them, but that's not mainly what they want.
>>
>>69873127
Trant did nothing wrong. He paid for those whores.
>>
>>69873249
Man they really suck live.
>>
>>69873127
There is no sense
>>
>>69873127
I think it is because they are just assasins with no other purpouse in life than take lifes for money, so killing someone because of revenge is wrong in their eyes.
Also, wasn't Arya supposed to also be a warg?
>>
>>69873702
Is that how the payment scheme works?
>>
What the fuck it should air in 4 hours?
>>
>>69875655
only in the books, in the show Bran's the only warg
>>
>>69875655
Yeah, in the books she wargs into shit so she can see after they blind her.

They cut tons of interesting shit then have entire episodes like this one where nothing fucking interesting happens for 90% of it.
>>
Why is Arya even sticking around in this church of retards? What does she gain from it?
>>
>>69874461
In the books its a sliding scale based on what you own and what you want.

Pretty progressive of them desu.
>>
>>69874461
Neither of those characters are motivated by the money though.
>>
>>69877300

No clue.

She looks like she's already competent enough to do her own assassinating.
>>
HOLD THE DOOR!!!!
>>
>>69877300
People keep mistaking her for Ted Cruz, she wants a new face anon.
>>
>>69877300
She wants access to the higher level magic face swapping assassination techniques but they won't give them to her because they know as she is right now she'll just bug out back to Westeros to clear off her hit list.

She even tries to get Kindly-Jacqen to give her access to the faces for her current mission but he shoots her down.
>>
>>69877300
Idk, if she becomes and emotionless robot like these tards won't she stop caring about the people on her list? Didn't she sign up so she could become a better killer and get back at the Lannisters?
>>
File: Arya-attacked.jpg (957 KB, 3500x2329) Image search: [Google]
Arya-attacked.jpg
957 KB, 3500x2329
How is Waifu such a good fighter?
>>
>Night's Watch
>No women allowed
>Place is crawling with bitches

Did this also happen in the books?
>>
>>69877777
gurrlll power, like a lot of the show has deteriorated into.
>>
>>69877195
yes
>>
>>69877582
She hid Needle from them. That right there is going to cause her trouble with the Faceless Men.
>>
So are there only two faceless men in that entire temple?
>>
>>69877278
The pacing in the story is terribly slow and then falls off a cliff randomly. The writers know they are shit, so killing every complex character is their shitty solution. They keep wasting episodes on stupid shit, and now they have 5 left.
>>
>>69877884
That and killing Waif and then escaping back to Westeros
>>
>>69874461
>they don't take money
>they take money

Good argument point.
>>
File: door2.jpg (614 KB, 2524x1701) Image search: [Google]
door2.jpg
614 KB, 2524x1701
>>
>>69877884
He already sort of acknowledges arya will never be a full follower/no one.

>>69877963
Why kill Waif though? Seems a bit much
With the way the writing is now though it wouldn't surprise me in the least
>>
HOLDTHEDOOR
>>
>>69877963
aw shit, the episode leaked then?
>>
>>69877300
>>69873127
pretty sure leaks said she's gonna try to run away, fleeing braavos entirely. which reallly fucking annoys me since they stretched this fucking storyline for so long as it is
>>
>>69878230

Yeah it did. It might've been the dumbest shit I've seen for a long time.
>>
>>69873127
Death does not judge. Death comes for the good and the wicked indiscriminately. The Faceless Men serve Death.
>>
>>69877777

Training, presumably. Why don't you ask the same thing of male characters who appear? Or do you simply take for granted that he must have a fucking past before he appeared on screen as you should?
>>
>>69878113

Way to miss the point, retard. Their primary motivation is not money, but they might demand it from a person that has deep emotional ties to his wealth. The "price" is something of emotional significance.
>>
so what does hold the door reference

someone pls spoil me
>>
You're all dipshits.

When they say 'a life for a life' they mean that you're paying part of your life(like another anon mentioned, a sliding scale). You worked your life to gain certain things, achieve certain things.

They're basically asking you to give up your life to take another.

Like if Tywin(if he was still alive) wanted someone dead(not that he'd go to the many faced god, he'd just hire some random knight) to kill someone, they'd take most of his fortune. That is his life, he worked his life to achieve most of it.

A life for a life.
>>
>>69877195
Yes. There are many different prices depending on the hit. Essentially, the price always balances out in the end, making certain hits virtually impossible to pay for. For instance, if you wanted to assassinate a King, it might cost more than the amount of gold it would take to just hire an actual Army. Or a rich nobleman that wanted to kill a rival might have to give the life of his first born, or maybe 5 of his best knights to pay for the hit.
>>
>>69878409
learn to internet faggot and go download the leak
>>
>>69878409
HOld the DOoR
>>
>>69878409
hodor
>>
>>69878409
Hodor.
>>
can someone explain to me why the white walker wants to kill the tree man?
>>
>>69878409
hold the door also bran's a time traveling asshat
>>
>>69873127

That's kind of how assassins works.
>>
>>69878409

HOLD THE DOOR
HOLD THE DOOR
HOLD THE DOOR
HOLD THE DOOR
HODOR

Night's King touches Bran in a dream and then all the dead can enter their sacred grove, hodor is holding the door against 1000 skeletons, while Meera screaming hodor hold the door. While this happening Bran is still in the dream back in winterfell. but little Wylis collapses and starts to repeat hold the door until the word becomes hodor.
>>
>>69878538
The children of the forest(tree man) allied with the first men to drive them back thousands of years ago.
>>
>>69878538
because he, bran, and azor ahai (Jon) are the only ones that can pretty much stop him
>>
>>69878628
so its just a revenge killing?
gayyyy
>>
>>69878459
>Yes. There are many different prices depending on the hit
I think as I understood it the price doesnt depend on the hit but on the person who orders it. A king would need to sell half his kingdom to kill a beggar, but a beggar could kill a king by giving up his eyesight etc.
The price is always so high that its possible to pay but also to realy hurt the person ordering the hit.
>>
>>69878459
With this kind of pricing model along with the stipulations, its a wonder how theyre still in business
>>
>>69878647
Oh I forgot the part a bout where treeman fucked his wife and she had to get an abortion! Then treemans brother killed their second cousin who was pregnant with treeman the thirds baby!

Does that sate your shitty soap opera fetish, fuck wad?
>>
>>69878700
It helps to have magic and a literal god fronting your operating costs.

>>69878693
That's a better way to describe it.
>>
>>69878647

Presumably they have the power to stop them and they would like to be not stopped.

Are you stupid?
>>
>>69878614
What's the significance of that though?
>>
>>69878794
It sure shit has more significance than showing warts on someone's dick.
>>
>>69878794
*sighs*

Hodor
>>
so can bran time travel then? like if he made hodor hodor
why does little finger teleport to castle black?
why did the jolly green giant looking bitches make a white walker?
why did richard e grant only have one line in the episode?
so many questions im L O S T
>>
>>69878794
cant tell if trolling

Hodor was the rightful king of the north and the writers killed him off this episode
>>
>>69878787
so why didnt they stop them? he just went back to winterfell and died
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>when someone asks you to hold the door
>>
>>69878923
>>69878924
>>69878955
So Hodor was predicting his death the whole time?
>>
what if tree man is future bran?
>>
Jaqhen has an annoying stupid face
>>
>>69878924
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUIRDBM2yA
>>
>>69878794
SMASH THE BEETLES
>>
>>69879086
He's hot AF. Dat voice doe!!!
>>
>>69879082

I guess so. We might as well find ourselves in a time paradox or dream sequence.
>>
>>69879082
No
Bran's still a fucking tosspot though
>>
>>69879110
Hhhhhoooooddddooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>69878928
basically
he teleported to moles town dipshit
yes, they explicitly said this, are you actually retarded?
haha dick
oh you liked lost. fuck you, the rest a yall know when i durn to ya
>>
>>69879082
Dont worry, Hodor's a standup guy
He wont tell anyone
>>
>>69878693
>hire a beggar
>tell him to faceless men to assasinate king X
>he gets blind but rich after rich after that
would that work?
>>
>>69878928

More importantly, why did they change the face of Night's King?
>>
File: freeman.gif (822 KB, 480x264) Image search: [Google]
freeman.gif
822 KB, 480x264
Is it even worth it to go through all this fucking trouble just to learn how to "wear" other people's faces?

All this fucking work and suffering, and she can't even kill who she wants to, she has to kill people "assigned" to her. If she's going to do the stealth thing why even need that stupid face changing magic?

Meanwhile she has a million chances to kill Tywin Lannister and she didn't.

God damn her arc is stupid.
>>
>>69879383

The old actor was some regular dude who couldn't do stunts.
>>
>>69879439

What the fuck does that mean?
>>
>>69877362

No it isn't. The price is that you have to sacrifice so.ething precious to you.

Poor people have to give up something personal and so do rich people. Like, Tywin might have to give up a lock of Joanna's hair that he kept and not pay a dime, whereas a poor person might have to give up his only gold dragon that would've paid for his beloved daughter's HPV vaccine.

The actual monetary value means nothing to them, just what value the payment method holds to the buyer.
>>
>>69879538
ice nigger goes full ninja on 6rh episode.
>>
>>69879538

They got a new actor, he has a different skull, thus his face looks different because it is.
>>
>>69877777

It's likely a different faceless man every time and the waif is just a character they play when training.
>>
>>69873127
The Faceless men are not charity workers

The people come in and pay the iron price to have someone killed the faceless god okays it and that person is killed.
>>
How come Bran didn't warg in the past to prevent the white walkers being made?

If he could warg Hodor in the past to do something in the present/future then there's no reason he couldn't.

If he couldn't then this simply implies there is literally zero free will and everything is already predetermined. Everything they do is already guaranteed to happen. What's the point?
>>
>>69879431
what annoys me is that she's clearly gaming the system just to get the power. it's like joining a guild in skyrim, doing the quests and unlocking the new ability. she hasn't given up her identity, her kill list, or her sword. it's meant to be a complete sacrifice of one's self to join, but she's going to cheat god successfully
>>
>>69879431
agreed

Still face magic would be a huge help, and aryas characterization is already screaming "assassin"
>>
>>69879431

I thought it was stupid that she got her sight back. She would have been a lot more interesting as Daredevil Assassin.
>>
>>69879596
>>69879586

That's a huge fuckup by d&d. People already love the design of the previous one and the new one looks not as cool as the old one.
>>
Syrio killed Meryn and took his face.

A faceless man was given Trants face and sent back into the red keep as a spy for the faceless men.

When he was in Braavos beating up little girls, he was actually recruiting, and beating them to see who was tough enough.

Arya had killed another faceless man.
>>
>>69879357
Seems like they can magically tell if someone lies, so they would kill the king but make you still pay the price not the beggar.
>>
>>69879431
Its literally all so she can betray them, which is obvious because she needs to leave Braavos to get revenge. Its pointless in the long run, might as well had someone else pick her up and teach her on the road.

That said, they were super fucking vague on what everything meant. She probably didn't expect to not be able to get revenge at the end of it
>>
>>69879431
the entire last season wasted on her stupid arc could've been done successfully in a montage

also by the time she actually learns the shit, everybody will already be dead and there will be no need for her to get revenge

hell half the people on her list or more are already dead just because of the tribulant times

she didnt think this through
>>
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>69879806
I don't see why it is important. The beggar wants the king dead because it will bring him money. It is still a valid contract.
>>
>>69878301
Where did it leak? How did you see it?
>>
>>69879720

I think this one looks cooler.

Also was the night king a fucking Andal? He looked like a fuccking Andal.
>>
File: smug pepe.jpg (6 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe.jpg
6 KB, 125x120
>>69879632
>>69879431
>>69879642
What's funny is I can tell Jaqen already knows she just wants to betray them, so it'll be a huge set up like Stannis, and right when everybody thinks she will be victorious, and she gets revenge on who-the-fuck-ever, the faceless men are going to appear and kill her

mark my words
>>
>>69879616
It will probably be Bran will be setting things in motion by trying to change them. like 'you can't change the past' bullshit
>>
>>69880035
No

That would be good writing

and seasons got none of that
>>
File: SHUT UR HOLE.gif (736 KB, 245x320) Image search: [Google]
SHUT UR HOLE.gif
736 KB, 245x320
>>69879431
Would've been cooler if she was trained on the road by the men without banners to be a special assassin, she could be in the shadows of Westeros and appear at crucial points to kill certain people, like Roose Bolton for instance, or something akin to that

Her entire fucking arc is a massive waste of time, same with Dorne
>>
>>69880125
in all fairness this season is much more eventful than last couple seasons

my good god the last couple seasons had so much filler it was painful, they may be rushing things now but at least they are wrapping up dead end storylines
>>
>>69879611
How does he okays it
>>
>>69880035
Can't kill an important women m8

would be offensive to some people
>>
>>69880215
The faces move
>>
>>69880161
>FOR YOU
>>
>>69879616
HO(ldthe)DOR
>>
>>69879893
They are a religious cult that worships death, not a business. I don't think they care about contractual law.
>>
>>69880211
literally nothing happened other than jon being resurrected in this season until the last episode
>>
>>69879616
Bran goes back in time
Bran wargs into green bean right before she creates the first walker
"HOLDTHEDO-"

>SNAKE!
>You can't do that!

>You'll create a time paradox
>>
>>69880334
If someone comes and says "I want to you to kill... him (random person on road)" will they refuse?
>>
>>69878794
It's like poetry.
>>
>>69880409
>green bean
who?
>>
>>69873127
>paid
"Only death can pay for life." Think about the kind of price the faceless men must charge for an assassination, remembering that they originally began as mercy-killers but changed their MO when a dying slave asked instead for his master to die. It's not something they take on lightly, and they don't see it as their decision to make. Imposing their own moral judgements on who lives and dies would defeat the purpose of worshipping death as an all-knowing deity.
>>
>>69880546
The child of the forest
Whatever her name is
>>
>>69877238
The episode leaked yesterday moron. Check torrent sites.
>>
>>69878279
what the fuck was the point of this shit

lmao she was blind for 3 fucking episodes. BRAVO D&D
>>
>>69880431
Yeah they would propably say something along the lines "I can tell you are lying, the desire to kill person x is not your own but that of another person. That person will have to pay the price. Now fuck off a man needs to take a shit."
>>
>>69880161

I think her arc was pretty good until she started to become no one because that means she has to stop her revenge killings. Only way she starts to become interesting again is when she gets back on her mission but the problem isn't her arc. I've read the Arya storyline in the books and it's nowhere near as fucking boring as in the TV show. D&D is asspulling by the loads with her storyline that's why it became boring.
>>
>>69880621
>BRAAVOS D&D

FTFY
>>
>>69880621
next episode, sansa gets red lady to resurrect jon snows snowy red floozie, ned stark and all the direwolves.
>>
>>69877195
It's implied. The dude brushes Arya off and tells her "only death can pay for life" in his first appearance, you see them mercy-killing in the temple. And in the books it reveals that they only became assassins when their founder, who was putting the pleading slaves out of their misery, came upon one who died of the conditions but begged for his masters to die as well. The running theme is that death can't be commodified, only paid and repaid in equal currency.
>>
What DanD didn't understand about Braavos is that the chapters in the books were a way to get temporarily away from the exhausting nightmare that the Riverland chapters had become. The entire area is just a mess, and it comes as a relief, like breathing in sea air, to read what are quite comfy chapters about Arya pottering along in peaceful Braavos. That's why in the books it's extended, and why the end of that sub plot really doesn't matter in the long term. DandD, because they're hacks, think this shit is important and are therefore keeping with it. Could have just had her on the boat, grinning, and off to the distance, and then bring her back near the end of entire series to do some killing.
>>
Also, it's supposed to be snowing everywhere. I just can't get over this sunny King's Landing when, at this point in the books, it's bucketing down with snow.
>>
>>69877300
She joined to learn how to kill.

She's basically learning everything she can to make her the perfect soldier: how to fight from a water-style master, how to have honor from a knight, how to know why honor is stupid from a rogue, how life isn't fair from a tyrant, and how to kill from an assassin.

I honestly love the subtle way (in the books, at least) that she's being built up as a character. Each experience she has and each new person that comes into her life teaches her something really important, that seems to be building up to something big-but we don't know hat, and it's all done in a very subdued manner, over the course of all the books. The changes to her character are gradual.

In the show, it's far more hamfisted and thus less interesting, but I still hope that they have big things planned for her. She's clearl ybeing set up to be a powerful rogue force in the world of Westeros, so I hope that the conclusion to her story is something big (assassination of a key character, perhaps?)
>>
>>69879357
No.

They would likely take the eyes of the beggar, let you give them the gold, and then extract something from you equal in value to you klilling the King.
>>
File: leon_t10[1].jpg (142 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
leon_t10[1].jpg
142 KB, 800x500
>>69873127
No it does not.
>>
>>69881949
>Leon the Professional

My thoughts exactly
>>
>>69873127
>decent
>drinking while pregnant
she had it coming desu
>>
>>69877300
Dunno, most of people she wanted to kill are already dead
>>
>>69877632

Beyond that. He explicitly told her, at least in the show, he could train her TO get back at her enemies.
>>
>>69879732

damn that'd be great.
>>
File: Jaqen_H'ghar.jpg (7 KB, 126x185) Image search: [Google]
Jaqen_H'ghar.jpg
7 KB, 126x185
So was the Jaqen H'ghar from Harrenhal the same person who wears this face (pic related) in the current storyline?

What if this guy had nothing to do with the Faceless men? He's just a face?
>>
>>69884822
He is not, do you even watch the series
>>
Funny how this thread isn't archived while some others are.
>>
>>69885250
thats not how it works
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.