[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever created something you wanted to be good but it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1463932445253.jpg (92 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
1463932445253.jpg
92 KB, 537x416
Have you ever created something you wanted to be good but it became shit halfway and you lost all the will to finish it?

Thats what GRR Martin felt... that's why he didn't finish the book.

The tv show now became time travel kino and the book would be just like that
>>
Yeah, my life.
>>
He's a fucking sellout. His books sold, he had a decently sizeable fanbase for the books, and that same fanbase is still waiting to have another book to read.

This fatass old man made a profit by letting the show be made and realized he didn't have to do anything anymore.
>>
>>69865044
This
>>
The drop in quality from A Storm of Swords to A Feast for Crows is just shocking.
>>
File: 1430963379455.jpg (42 KB, 574x432) Image search: [Google]
1430963379455.jpg
42 KB, 574x432
>time travel
>resurrections
>white piccolo spawning wights

by this time GoT became DragonBall Z
>>
>>69865175
It's funny. Tolkein's estate fought like hell to try and stop the LotR movies being made because they didn't want it diluting his work.

Gurm whored his own work out himself and it wasn't even complete yet.

Sellout is being too nice.
>>
>>69866013
LotR movies were actually better than books (not including hobbit "trilogy")

GoT is now total rubbish
>>
>>69865175
>>69866013
It's a bit more nuanced I think. He basically wrote himself in a corner with all those different plotlines, characters, unanswered mysteries, and possible references and foreshadowing, and is now unable to write a satisfying ending to all that crap.
>>
GRR Martin - author of space and time travel kino
>>
>>69865282
The drop from feast to dance is pretty big too

Don't get hyped for winds of winter
>>
>>69866916
Then why allow the series to be made then? Wouldn't you want to get your own vision out before allowing other people to play with it?

If he's struggling to come up with an ending letting them make a series out of it when it would just ramp up everyone's expectations and increase the pressure on him to deliver is dumb.
>>
>>69868155
I think he overestimated himself.
Remember, the original plan was to finish the book series before the show would catch up. He probably pushes himself further into a corner the more storylines he tries to conclude.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.