[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you pay for DRM free digital downloads of shows and movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: the-criterion-collection.jpg (19 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
the-criterion-collection.jpg
19 KB, 620x350
I am one of those of those people who can’t stand owning physical copies of video based media. I just enjoy the ability to bring up high quality shows or films anytime and anywhere off my hard drives but I am also someone who wants to pay artists for their hard work. Personally I have found a nice middle ground of buying peoples work when they sell it in a digital format like with Troma Films or the weekly MST3K episodes off of RiffTrax.

Lately I have been thinking about the history of the Criterion Collection and how they have always been at the forefront of film distribution. If the Criterion Collection could be persuaded to start selling their films DRM free off their website I imagine we would see the big distributors give in and get with the times.

What do you think /tv/? Do you buy your media? Would you buy DRM free media? What do you think it would take to get the Criterion Collection to go for it? Or do you think they never would and I am just an obnoxious faggot for bringing it up?
>>
netflix isnt the same quality as bluray you moron
>>
File: 1373564753802.jpg (43 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
1373564753802.jpg
43 KB, 300x295
>>69862191
>I am one of those of those people who can’t stand owning physical copies of video based media.
Only a corporate kike woudl say such a thing.
>>
i'd just donate to thepiratebay instead
>>
I buy physical media for the extras. So if they figured out a way to include that shit on digital downloads, I would probably make the switch.
>>
>>69862191

I mainly buy cheap blurays and GOG is also selling DRM-Free movie in their site, sadly their catalog is pretty crap.
>>
>>69862393
this
>>
I donate to my internet provider to give me fast access to any film I want over this crazy new invention called Torrents.
>>
>>69862647
>new invention
probably older than you
>>
>>69862191
Nah i'll just stick to private trackers thanks
>>
Nope. Fuck you Hollywood fucking shits.
>>
>how much will you pay for what you already get free?
>>
I'll just wait for movies to go public domain.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.