[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soooooo, The Disaster Artist is happening. I just finished reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: youaretearingmeapartlisa.jpg (12 KB, 182x276) Image search: [Google]
youaretearingmeapartlisa.jpg
12 KB, 182x276
Soooooo, The Disaster Artist is happening.
I just finished reading the book, and it could be done very well, especially if they include the speculations on tommy wiseau's past.
But will they fuck it up?
>>
>Directed by Seth Rogan
What do you think?
>>
The DUDE WEED gang are making it.
>>
>Directed by Seth Rogan
>Starring James Franco

PASS
>>
The book is awesome. Way, way better than I imagined it would be. Perfect addition to the Tommy/The Room mythos. Hilarious, touching. I'm hopeful for the film. Franco apparently really loves the material and I hope he does it justice. He looks great as Tommy. The only thing is Dave Franco doesnt look the part of Greg, and the brother dynamic may be distracting.
>>
Who gives a shit.
The Room is nothing compared to Things
>>
Franco/Rogan can't pull this off, it's beyond them. I'll look forward to Sausage Party but this shit will be dire.
>>
i dunno the dude weed films can be funny
it doesn't have to be great but i still think it will be entertaining
>>
>>69859992
>>Directed by Seth Rogan
>>69860044
>>Directed by Seth Rogan

No.

Why is weekend /tv/ so epic bros? And it's almost summer to boot. The retarded babbies are coming.
>>
>>69859935
i hope its not just all memes and jokes
i hope they put the feels in as well
>>
>>69859935

Can James Franco's brother act? I don't think I've ever even heard about him in anything. That, and my concern about how James (or anyone, for that matter) could play Tommy Wiseau with a straight face are my two biggest worries.
>>
>>69860109
>he actually likes le dude weed lmao man
>>>/9gag/
>>
>>69860073

Oh my God. Look at all this blooood.
>>
/tv/ is getting elitist as fuck.
>>
>>69860053
The book swings from perfect comedy, i.e. anything with Tommy in it, to absolute garbage magazine article tier writing, i.e. any scene about Greg's failed career.

The reason the book worked so well is that you can easily picture Tommy in all of the situations. When you replace him with some retarded cunt in a live action imitation, you lose all of that.
>>
>>69860150

Oh, you mean like the part where Tommy endangered the health and safety of his employees by not buying a power generator for the air conditioning and then lying about renting one to his DP's face? Or the part where Tommy insisted on making out with every woman that tried out for Lisa? Or the part where Tommy humiliated the person that was originally cast as Mark so that he could give the part to Greg, despite the part that the role had been written specifically for Greg?
>>
>>69860235
i think the part where it is implied that tommy is talentless, depressed and has no real friends
>>
>>69860292

Oh yeah, when he was meeting with his 'investors,' and left those voice mail messages for Greg that sounded like he was going to off himself.
>>
>>69860343
yeah, and the jealousy when greg is getting auditions and tommy is struggling. Would also like to see some speculation on where this guy gets his money from. maybe they should just ask him
>>
>>69860168
He's not directing it though, that's the thing. You retards just assumed so?
>>
>>69860402
Did you even read the book? He ran his own business, made millions selling cheap shit to gullible tourists.
>>
>>69860483

And shitty, off-brand clothes.
>>
>>69860483
Well, i want to know how he started out in the usa. I understand he eventually ended up rich with the clothing business, but Greg speculates the entire book how he got there.
>>
>>69860235
>mfw if you read between the lines, the guy originally playing Mark was a nigger.
Tommy confirmed for /pol/
>>
>>69860570

The backstory that's in the book seems to have too many details to be pure speculation. And it does explain a whole lot about his various character flaws. Not to mention the facial scars that he got from being pistol whipped by the French police. I just wonder where he got all the information that he did.
>>
>>69860156
He was decent in 21 Jump Street, nothing like Greg Sestero but he's funny.

>I'm cuttin' this fuckin' thing off when I get home alright?
>>
>>69860044
>>69859992
>Directed by Seth Rogen
James Franco's directing though. And playing the lead.

Rogen in it as Sandy Shklair tho.
>>
>>69861146

Oh yeah! That giant tool!
>>
>Directed by Seth Rogan

Yeah, no
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.