[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jim Caviezel claims The Passion of the Christ made him a Hollywood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12
>Gibson, he said, had initially offered him the role, only to call him back 20 minutes later and beg him not to take it.
>"He said, 'You'll never work in this town again.' I told him, 'We all have to embrace our crosses,'" said Caviezel. He added: "Jesus is as controversial now as he has ever been. Not much has changed in 2,000 years."
>A passionate Christian, Caviezel told the audience at the First Baptist Church of Orlando he had learned to accept that the destruction of his acting career was a price worth paying. "We have to give up our names, our reputations, our lives to speak the truth," he said. Though he labelled Gibson "a horrible sinner", he said the actor turned film-maker should not be vilified. "Mel Gibson doesn't need your judgment, he needs your prayers," Caviezel said.
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2011/may/03/jim-caviezel-passion-of-the-christ

Why does Hollywood get so butthurt about religion?
>>
>>69852853
It's only Christianity it hates
>>
>>69852853

But he's probably made more money doing PoI
>>
It's full of jews
>>
File: 968251.gif (29 KB, 482x800) Image search: [Google]
968251.gif
29 KB, 482x800
>>69852853
>>
>jews actually run the Hollywood
I don't even distinguish between memes and real life anymore
>>
Godbless.
>>
>>69852853
>>"He said, 'You'll never work in this town again.'

I never thought I'd read/hear this line in a non-threatening way.
>>
>>69852968
It's never been a secret. Same thing goes for most media companies. The argument is whether or not it's some kind of conspiracy.
>>
>>69852853

>Though he labelled Gibson "a horrible sinner", he said the actor turned film-maker should not be vilified.

But you just vilified him there, Jimbo.

What a self-righteous asshat. Guys like this always want to have their cake and eat it too.
>>
>labelled Gibson "a horrible sinner"
>Mel Gibson doesn't need your judgment, he needs your prayers
Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels
>>
>>69853040
>But you just vilified him there, Jimbo.
>What a self-righteous asshat. Guys like this always want to have their cake and eat it too.
what are religious people?
>>
>>69852853
I'm glad he got banned from Hollywood, he got to make Person of Interest, which is fucking awesome.
>>
>>69853084

>what are religious people?

Don't get euphoric on me, Reddit. There are many varying types of religious people.
>>
File: 1396816813986.webm (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1396816813986.webm
108 KB, 1280x720
>>69853202
I'm just telling it like it is, familia
>>
File: O'Connor.jpg (226 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
O'Connor.jpg
226 KB, 1280x853
>>69853248

Whatever you need to tell yourself, pleb.
>>
>>69852853
They didn't get butthurt because of religion they got butthurt because Mel told the truth about jews.
>>
>>69852853
>Why does Hollywood get so butthurt about religion?

YOU MEAN:

>"Why do Jews get so upset regarding Jesus Christ?"

THE ANSWER IS OBVIOUS TO THOSE WHO COMPREHEND, AND/OR OR TO THOSE WHO ARE NOT ABYSMALLY IGNORANT REGARDING BASIC HISTORY.
>>
>>69853468

fuck off already rei your gimmick was played out ages ago

go back to promoting your limp-dick MILLENIALIS MUNDIMOOMOO I AM MORE SERIOUS THAN YOU

fucking cornball
>>
>>69853468
Thing is, who really cares? You'd think Jew execs of all people would do anything for money and both of Gibson's movies did well financially and critically.
>>
>>69853016
>The argument is whether or not it's some kind of conspiracy.

>"let's all pool shekels to buy and build a media empire. Everyone in favour?"
>"OY!"
>"motion passed. now get your asses out of the synagogue and make dough. The white man is still free and strong."
>>
>>69853617

OBVIOUSLY, THE ISSUE HAS AN IDEOLOGICAL BASIS, NOT A FINANCIAL ONE.
>>
Jews never forgive or forget
>>
>>69852853
>Why does Hollywood get so butthurt about religion?
Because Jews hate Jesus and anything that has to do with him. Most Hollywood Jews are secular anyway and only claim Jew status because of the leg up it gives them in the business.
>>
>>69853672

HAHA HE IS SO ABYSMALLY IGNORANT.

THEY ARE ALL SO ABYSMALLY IGNORANT.

I AM ABSOLUTELY KILLING IT IN THIS THREAD.
>>
>>69853651
>le conspiracies don't happen in CURRENT YEAR man

google: LIBOR scandal
>>
>>69853651
Not that I intend on arguing some sense into a literal pol meme consuming degenerate, but don't you think it's more reasonable to assume that jews actually made their money by owning the media companies, and not the other way around?
>>
File: bad trip.gif (348 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
bad trip.gif
348 KB, 800x450
>>69853672
>>
>>69853816
>who came first, the chicken or the egg?

and of course, as we know, all jews make money from media. It's not like there are poor jews.

>b-but anon, STATISTICALLY SPEAKING, the poor jews are less than the poor white, therefore, conspiracy
>>
I'm completely against censorship, but at this point, I would almost ignore my principles and support banning /pol/ posters on this board. It's getting worse every god damn day
>>
>>69853887
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4753118,00.html
I'll just leave this here
>>
File: YuEei.jpg (29 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
YuEei.jpg
29 KB, 500x369
>>69853326
flannery o'connor thread?
>>
>>69853651
it's more one rich banker kike funding other kikes or buying out media companies
and yes they do exactly conspire like this
But more its like "Oh you're jewish ok we'll work with you, don't hire this other guy he's goyim"
>>
>>69853468
>IGNORANT REGARDING BASIC HISTORY

There's literally no proofs Jesus existed
>>
>>69853943

>It's getting worse every god damn day

because sjw antics everywhere else are getting worse every day. it makes sense really. the /pol/ menace scales alongside the sjw menace. where else can you speak freely with this many people without fear of fascist reprisal from the language police? they flock here because there are very few options left anymore.
>>
>>69854068
Go away, idiot.
>>
>>69852915
this.
they do not embrace their own savior. gods own chosen ones are retarded as fuck as the bible shows time and time again.
>>
>>69852853
What did the Passion of the Christ actually say about the Jews?

What made it so controversial compared to all the other Christ movies?

Been ages since I saw it and dont remember
>>
>>69854122
>they do not embrace their own savior.

OBVIOUSLY, JESUS IS NOT THE "SAVIOUR" OF THE JEWS.

JESUS STOOD AGAINST JUDAISM, AND AGAINST JEWRY.

>gods [SIC] own chosen ones[.]

JEWS ARE THE "CHOSEN" OF YHWH, NOT OF GOD; YHWH IS NOT GOD.

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT IDIOT.
>>
>>69854097
do you inherently despise the words "social justice"? does that term make you feel uncomfortable? what do you think you 're arguing for? isn't white supremacy your form of social justice? and isn't your kind more prone to lonewolf actions, exactly because you praise the heroic example as opposed to collective fighting, which the left does? who is the real "social justice warrior"?
>>
File: 50383.jpg (33 KB, 324x454) Image search: [Google]
50383.jpg
33 KB, 324x454
>>69852853
But Dafoe played Christ and he never was vilified.
>>
>>69854172
It didn't really say anything it was just controversial because Mel Gibson said the jews are responsible for all the wars
>>
>>69854097
I'm all for people expressing their opinions, I'm just annoyed by how much it's been spilling into /tv/ lately. It's far beyond the occasional "redpill" troll at this point
>>
File: jesus-skywalker.jpg (68 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
jesus-skywalker.jpg
68 KB, 900x506
Mark Hamill claims The Passion of Luke Skywalker made him a Hollywood outcast, never to work again in a live-action film.

Mel Gibson called him and said "Don't take that role, you'll never work again!" and Hamill said "Who the fuck is Mel Gibson? It's 1977," Hamill recalled.
>>
Jesus speaking to the Jews:

>Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires.He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

- John 8:43-45
>>
>>69854205

/thread
>>
>>69854304
Jesus was a Jew, you Neanderthal
>>
>>69854299
ahahahahahahaha
>>
>>69854304
>to the Jews

just because some people are atheists, doesn't mean they haven't read the bible.
>>
>>69854193
but I am in full HNG mode after watching Mia malkova in another thread
>>
>>69854193

WHY IS NO ONE ELSE TAKING THIS MEL GIBSON THREAD AS SERIOUSLY AS I AM?

IT'S LIKE THEY DON'T EVEN TRY TO REVOLUTIONIZE MODERN PHILOSOPHY IN THEIR SPARE TIME ON THEIR RESPECTIVE INTERNET BLOGS.

I AM SO TIRED OF THESE IGNORANT FIELD-TILLING COMMONERS NOT TAKING "4chan" AS SERIOUSLY AS I DO.

ALSO, WHAT IS A "CORNBALL"? I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH THIS PARTICULAR COLLOQUIALISM.
>>
>>69854336

Umm born to Jews yes BUT he was against the Jews

And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?”

>They are asking to use a magical power that the Jewish prophet Elijah had done

But Jesus turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.

>Jesus rebukes the Jewish prophet Elijah

Luke 9:54-55
>>
File: jews.png (3 MB, 1600x1250) Image search: [Google]
jews.png
3 MB, 1600x1250
>>
>>69854336
he was not
>>
>>69854508
lol, dude, you need to brush up on your theology and stop posting nonsense. don't you know what the sign said that the Roman soldiers nailed above his head on the cross? He was a Jewish prophet, mang.

Also, in that passage, the disciples are referring to a Samaritan village, and if you don't know the beef between Samaritans and Jews, you really have no clue what you're talking about. Anyway, Jesus is rebuking his disciples here for wanting to act out of anger, not the "Jews" (Samaritans)
>>
>>69854604
...yes, he was.
>>
>jesus was a jew
>hitler was a jew
what happened to jews, they used to be cool
>>
>>69854508
>Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?
>just say the word
>say the motherfucking word

lolwut
>>
>>69854967
Hahahaha classic
>>
It wasn't until st. Paul that they settled that you could be christian without being jewish. Until then christianism was a subsect of judaism.
>>
>Brendan Fraser claims The Mummy made him a Hollywood outcast
>>
>>69852968
That's not a meme.
>>
I'm sorry, Jim.
>>
>>69854205
>>69854330
I probably shouldn't because I've never seen that flick but if I'm not mistaken the Last Temptation gives an unorthodox, perhaps more jew friendly, account of Christ.
>>
>>69854571
>fox news has no jews
lmao no wonder why they're the most watched
>>
>>69854172
The movie was unabashed in its depiction of the Jewish hierarchy turning on Jesus largely out of self-interest. This is a pretty old-time Catholic view.
A few years later, drunk Gibson rages on Jews and ....
>>
>>69854205
but this movie makes jesus out to be a pussi slayer

this isn't a movie christians are interested in and is just a unique/hollywood memeing of jeebus, its almost a bit of an attack on christianity which is why pedowood is ok with it
>>
File: 1450387118960.jpg (121 KB, 1097x552) Image search: [Google]
1450387118960.jpg
121 KB, 1097x552
>>69854172

> may his blood be upon us and our children

They censored this line in the movie by cutting out the subtitles.
>>
>>69852853
Why is Based Mel such a bro?
>>
>Tuesday 3 May 2011
>>
>>69859218
yet they're the most pro-israel network in existence
>>
>>69853202
and all of them are subhumans literally wasting their existence...please don't reproduce
>>
This man is painfully beautiful and charismatic. He should probably be the next Bond
>>
File: 1454770169492.png (23 KB, 382x379) Image search: [Google]
1454770169492.png
23 KB, 382x379
>>69852853
>Why do jews hate Christ so much?

Gee I dunno OP, you tell me.
>>
That movie did nothing for true esoteric christianity (that's the non-Ted Cruz version), and God told them as much when he STRUCK CAVIEZEL WITH LIGHTNING WHILE ON THE CROSS

And then lightning struck the producer.
>>
>>69854068
Is this a meme?

Even atheists admit that there is a concrete evidence of the life, works, and death of Jesus. There is also some evidence showing that there was an empty tomb but scholars just believe His body was stolen.

REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>69854508
that's not what that passage is saying at all.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.