[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ava DuVernay Looking To Cast 'Wrinkle In Time' Adaptation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: ewofihough_huge[1].jpg (322 KB, 827x1354) Image search: [Google]
ewofihough_huge[1].jpg
322 KB, 827x1354
>DuVernay, who was tapped earlier this year to direct Disney's upcoming adaptation of Madeleine L'Engle's Newberry Medal-winning science-fiction fantasy "A Wrinkle in Time," is looking for child actors to play the leads in her film, including at an open casting call set for Wednesday (May 11) in New Orleans. Notably, the character descriptions provided for that casting call describe the characters as ethnic minorities.
>Specifically, the film's casting department is looking for three children to fill the following parts:
>A 14-year-old mixed-race girl of African-American and Caucasian descent. "This girl is questioning her life, her place in the world and her family," a casting description reads. "While troubled, she possesses untapped strength and intelligence which carries her through her search for truth."
>A 5-year-old mixed-race boy of African-American and Caucasian descent. "This boy is EXTREMELY intelligent and articulate. He is strong and loving and hypersensitive."
>A 16-year-old boy who is an ethnic minority. "He is a handsome, fit, caring young man who becomes a friend to the above two kids."
http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2016/05/ava_duvernay_adding_touch_of_c.html

Where's the outrage?
>>
Ava Duvernay is casting blacks? We're all shocked.
>>
>>69851314
Disney has literally given up trying to appeal to whitey.

I guess they figure their best hope for indoctrinating future generations is to target low brain density knuckle draggers.
>>
>Liberals taking a Christian Science-Fantasy classic starring white English children and turning it into a secular cash-grab with a bunch of ugly minorities.

Remember when Disney was actually a positive influence on media and culture?
>>
>>69851814
no
>>
>>69851595
why would disney bother trying to appeal to a minority?
>>
>>69854228

This might shock you, but "minorities" are not a small number of people. Reaching even one percent of the US population means reaching over three million people.
>>
>>69854339
>he thinks millions are a lot

nigga they're operating on billions in hollywood. You're basically trying to say your pennies (millions) are more important than bills.
>>
shit story anyhow
>>
>>69851314

Bombs away
>>
Whats it about anyway?
My elementary school would always shill this book to try and get kids to buy it
>>
>>69854659
you know what? i don't even remember. All I remember is being forced to read it in a circle, getting tired of listening to the niggers read one. Word. at. a. time. and. pause. for. two. seconds. before. they. could. figure. out. the. next. word, and reading about half the book before it was my turn again, and having the teacher punish me for "not reading."
>>
why do you care about a Disney adaptation of a children's book? Doesn't /pol/ think it's time to start watching grown-up cinema for big boys?
>>
>>69854908
because infesting the minds of children with this garbage is how they're killing off the white race.

the only thing young minds should be infested with is racism.
>>
>>69854659
someone's father goes 'missing' I think
>>
File: o-LUPITA-NYONGO-facebook.jpg (973 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-LUPITA-NYONGO-facebook.jpg
973 KB, 2000x1000
>>69851314
she had the most beautiful black woman attached to this project and now she dropped out

this movie is dead on arrival
>>
>>69851314
strangly i'm ok with casting minorities in an unknown franchise
what i hate is, developing a franchise to appeal whitey and then shovel niggers etc down our throat
>>
>>69851814
Before it was overrun by jews?
>>
>>69851314

In the book, all three of these kids are white.
In the tv adaptation all three of these kids are white.
Blacks are about 12% of the US population, yet seemingly with this forced diversity agenda are force cast in about 30% of roles in US films. If this really was about representation they would cast some asian or latino kids who have higher percentage of US population yet virtually no representation particularly asians.

What happened is they got a black female director who has never made anything good who is coming in with an agenda and wants to forcibly blacken all the characters in the story.

Just another example of the agenda being pushed 24/7, if anyone white does get cast it will probably be one of the female characters who will end up being the love interest of a black male. It's by the numbers at this point and pretty predictable.
>>
>>69851814
Kikes gonna kike.
>>
File: 460481352.jpg (67 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
460481352.jpg
67 KB, 550x366
>it bombs because its shit
>DuVerney claims it bombs because racism

Also Disney is sacrificing this property just to stop her from chimping out on them because they fired her from directing Black Panther
>>
She's a black female director, they will move heaven and earth to try and make her a high profile success so they can point to how "diverse" they are.

No one went and saw Selma even though they pushed the fuck out of it, so now they are trying her with this and she's going to black the fuck out of it, predictably.

It will probably bomb too, and she will blame it on racism, again predictably, instead of on being a no talent hack who got to where she is only because of her race and gender.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.