[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EYES WIDE SHUT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (1 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 900x506
It doesn't make any sense!

He says "What did he want?"

She says "What did he want?" (As if he should know) "sex upstairs."

He says " I guess that's understandable"

She says "Understandable?"

He says "Because you are a very beautiful girl"

She like "woah" gets up and says

"Are you saying the only reason a guy ever wants to talk to me is because he wants to fuck me?"

(NO BITCH THATS NOT WHAT HE SAID)

But this mofo goes along and says "Well I think we both know what men are like"

Ok I'm done transcribing. Just wanna say this is so obviously incongruent. I always felt strange at this argument scene and I realize it's because it doesn't follow. It makes zero sense. Perhaps it's a reflection about trivial domestic arguments, based off of misunderstanding each other? If that's it then ok, they are both high af and just waiting to get into an argument. But I dunno
>>
tom cruise is gay now rewatch it
>>
>>69848028
Kubrick saw relationships as a power struggle. That's what Eyes Wide Shut was about, not some sinister "Illuminati conspiracy".

Eyes Wide Shut was a meditation on the constitution of interpersonal relationships
>>
>>69848028
Bitches be crazy when they don't get the attention they crave. Either make them jealous directly or they will crush you with phoney outrage. Simple.
>>
>>69848028
It's partially because she knows they have no romantic connection anymore and she's sour about their whole relationship. She's also rightfully mad that he's so easy going about another man trying to fuck his wife. She suspects thats he's unfaithful, or leaning that way anyway, so she's wondering at this point if they're just two people who share a home and fuck every so often.

Tl;dr relationships are complicated
>>
>>69848098

It was about both, but I understand your meaning. Kubrick's films used the medium to dwell on themes better than most other major directors that come to mind. Honestly, people love to hype up Bergman, but his films are not as philosophically and seamlessly cohesive as Kubrick's. Tarkovsky is probably better and Herzog in his prime was equal.

I saw someone that rated North By Northwest as being artistically superior to 2001 on here the other day. Hitchcock was a visual master and got fantastic performances out of his actors, but at the end of the day, his films lack moral substance. Kubrick's themes and morals transcend the entire human condition and leave you weighing your thoughts for years.
>>
File: image.jpg (620 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
620 KB, 1280x720
But why the intentional incongruity?

A) Warner bros admitted to cutting. Perhaps they cut here for lengths sake?
B) it was done intentionally to entice uncanniness in the viewer
C) the obvious inconsistencies connect to a larger underlying theme

What's interesting about C is that there are other intentional inconsistencies such as the fact that Bill takes a taxi across to go from the cafe to the costume shop, but they're literally across the street from each other. Etc
>>
>>69848028
Dude the only good parts of that movie were them blazing with the weed from the bandaid box and tims face during the AIDS scene. The super sekrit klub being hyped (by people that have told me about it and the movie itself) was a let down. Wow some rich people banging in masks how crazy.
>>
The weed was making her irritable.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
EYES WIDE SHUT: OR HOW I STARTED WORRING ONCE I LEARNED HOW THEY MAKE SEX SLAVES
>>
>>69848911
The weed was making her irritable!?
>>
>>
>>69849153
God, i wouldve liked at least omce in my fucking life to have gotten to fuck her little brains out.

That wouldve been so hot.
>>
>>69849105
XD upvoted
>>
File: Eyes Wide Shut Ending.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Eyes Wide Shut Ending.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>69848621
>Bill takes a taxi across to go from the cafe to the costume shop, but they're literally across the street from each other
Interesting, it has to be either intentional or meddling from warner bros, no way Kubrick would make a mistake like that
>>
>>
>>69849573
>>69849153
Christ.
Kidman was at her peak in this film. Even when i first saw this film as a teen I knew I would never find a woman who had that combination of pure sex and elegance.
The way she says 'fuck' at the very end always hits me hard.
>>
>>69848028
>it doesn't follow. It makes zero sense.

That's an accurate description of real life female argumentation.
>>
File: 7.png (1 MB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
7.png
1 MB, 1280x738
Why did he forgive her?
>>
>>69848028
>I always felt strange at this argument scene and I realize it's because it doesn't follow. It makes zero sense
Yeah, they're high. But his wife is also pretty dumb. I worked as a janitor so I've heard lots of couples yell at each other over the stupidest things.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.