[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Warcraft is a commericial success, what do you want to see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: illidan.png (1 MB, 1060x464) Image search: [Google]
illidan.png
1 MB, 1060x464
If Warcraft is a commericial success, what do you want to see in the sequel?

Pic related, skip all the boring Green Jesus stuff please! Bring our boy Illidan to the big screen.
>>
a film about the war of the ancients but that probably has to happen further down the line.
>>
and your boy illidan is at his prime in the era the wota takes place in
>>
Arthas is literally the onky character that has a hope of giving this shit franchise some success beyond neckbeards.
>>
>>69845704

This. Greek tragedies and 180 degree character developement. Arthas is the only thing I would pay to see in theaters.

Also, because there's no fucking orcs involved in the fall of Lordaeron. Just humans, pink knife ears, and a fuckload of zombies and other spoopy gothic horror stuff.
>>
you are not prepared op
they gotta do the whole lore
>>69845704
arthas is a meme
>>
The movie should have been WarCraft II in the first place, while setting the stage for a trilogy.

Lothar arrives in Lordaeron at the start of the film, and begins telling them what happened in Stormwind. Think of this is as a sequence similar to the LOTR sequence in TFOTR where Galadriel recounts the War of the Ring.

Arthas should appear in Capital City, along with a Kel'Thuzad appearance, but the story should center around the Humans and High Elves fighting the Orcs. First getting destroyed, and eventually winning by closing the Dark Portal.

This should have been called WarCraft: Tides of Darkness

Then, Warcraft: Reign of Chaos would follow. The first movie should have had a human-centric focus, while this movie would make you feel empathy for the orcs just like the book Lords of the Clans did. It would follow the plot from WarCraft III primarily from Thrall's perspective, but would again lay further groundwork with Arthas taking some scenes. Similar to how the fellowship is broken up in TTT, it would cut back and forth between Arthas' fall and Thrall's rise.

The trilogy concludes with WarCraft: The Frozen Throne which would be told primarily from Arthas' perspective and follow the tale of him becoming the Lich King, and fucking everything up in the first half, with the second half being the offensive to stop him (WotlK).

After that, they could do Draenor/Outland movies, Medivh movies, War of the Shifting Sands, War of the Ancients Trilogy, etc.
>>
>>69845774
>Also, because there's no fucking orcs involved in the fall of Lordaeron.
Unless you count Nerzhul
>>
File: d4f.jpg (35 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
d4f.jpg
35 KB, 600x591
>>69846101

Nigga please. Nerzhul at that time was a fucking helmet in a block of ice thousands of miles away.
>>
>>69845508

Good CGI
>>
>>69845814
The best meme Blizzard shat.
>>
>>69846057
>The movie should have been WarCraft II in the first place, while setting the stage for a trilogy.
but the early orc stuff is the comfiest, likewise trilogies are just corporate greed and are most of the time extremely mediocre.

>>69845508
>Bring our boy Illidan to the big screen.
>wanting a film about Sephiroth:lite
>>
it will flop, like all videogame movies

don't get me wrong, it'll make a little money, but not much, and it'll be panned critically.

it's dumb but it's the first thing anyone will notice: the cgi is stylistically off. it's just jarring and unpleasant.

it might try to emulate the game, but that doesn't translate since there are human faces. no matter how "realer than real" it is, it looks weird contrasting human faces against a bunch of cgi orcs.

the story will fail to be provocative. it's a rehash of a bunch of fiction where the leader of a misguided army takes over command and leads them to freedom. BUT YET THE BAD GUY GETS CONTROL.. DUN DUN DUN now we need a sequel.

And that sequel won't exist if this sucks. Which it will.
>>
>>69846175
You forgot
>meme
>arrows
and
>pick one
>>
I was never into Warcraft, only played it a few times in passing with friends, but I can't imagine anyone, even fans being excited about this movie. It just looks so fucking bad. I went to Wikipedia to look at the budget.
>160 mil
Wew, I think we are looking at a bomb.
>>
I've never played WoW, but I play HotS, and I'm inexplicably optimistic for this movie. I kind of want to see it, in the theater.
>>
>>69845508
>green jesus
>not green obama
>>
>>69846057

Even WC2 is going too far. Let medieval fantasy be medieval fantasy, without bringing submarines and airplanes and shit into it.
>>
File: 1463753294584.png (238 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
1463753294584.png
238 KB, 1360x768
>>69846723
>>69847534

Go play some Warcraft 2 HD and tell me the cgi is stylistically off again.

https://mega.nz/#!7YZFCZII!XB7OGRNNFWcQr9By4KlR7VBmZpWG_2M0Qke__EQQwiI

Legit link by the way.
>>
>>69845704
>>69845774
>>69846125

>arthas fags

EVERY SINGLE THREAD
>>
File: C'Thun.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
C'Thun.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4000
Do Arthas and then Old Gods vs Titans.

Pandas are fine too.
>>
>>69845774
But muh Blackrock clan...
>>
File: 1412653397533.jpg (48 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
1412653397533.jpg
48 KB, 500x594
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErAXL5pspP0

Can we at least all agree that this was Blizzard at their absolute peak.
It only got worse after summer 2003

>tfw apparently there was some super heat wave in Europe that year but you didn't notice because you were busy playing the greatest expansion and greatest game of all time
>>
>>69846723
>it'll be panned critically
Should've lost the right to Disney desu.
Then it would've been a great success and instant classic.
>>
What movie will have Leeroy Jenkins? :DD
>>
>>69853143
I didn't like The Frozen Throne as much as Reign of Chaos.
>>
>>69853143
>wotlk
>good
shit peaked in vanilla and started going down hill once they started chasing casual demographics (you).
>>
File: 1406469946549.jpg (13 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
1406469946549.jpg
13 KB, 224x216
>>69845508
Anyone who is tangentially excited for this cancer is a fucking loser. Honestly can you imagine how pathetic current day Warcraft fans are? The lore since the first game has always been fucking trash, when your source material is mediocre, the translation into the film medium will be that much worse. Yet even with these trailers and leaks it looks so awful that only the most autistic and devoted wow faggots can be the only ones defending this.

These people have been playing WoW non-stop since post cata, think about that, these people are complete fucking degenerates that literally eat the shit that metzen's puts out on a bowl, smile then ask for more. This movie is going to bomb fucking hard, there is barely any buzz for this garbage, noones going to give a flying fuck for this turd, since it already looks like garbage.

The cgi is awful, it looks like a WoW cinematic with real life people thrown in, it has that prequelitis where the whole set and acting between characters is done behind a green screen giving it that artificial look.

Khadgar looks retarded, and the human and orc scenes look so painfully bad that it looks like a fan film. Seriously and I reiterate, the people that are excited for this film are bottom of the barrel losers who are most definitely stunted their own growth and are probably mid 25-30 still living with their parents with the mental acuity of a 16 year old. Think about the fanbase for this game now, if one frame of this trailer and any blizzcon clip will show you, these people are so fucking stupid that they are beyond saving. Hopefully with the plummeting subscriptions and increasingly casual content this franchise can finally die the painful death that it has been avoiding through the strength of autism all these years.

Kill yourself if you are hyped for this.
>>
>>69853110
I hope if Duncan Jones gets to do more he never mentions anything about Old golds bullshit in the movie universe. Fuck those retarded shitty plot devices Metzen came up with just to corrupt everyone without having to complicate anything.
>>
>>69853983
>The lore since the first game has always been fucking trash
Except it's not trash. Orcs were orcs, and men were men, and that's before Metzen decided to fuck up the lore.
>>
>>69853037
This.

Fuck Arthas.

Danath Trollbane, High General Turalyon, Alleria Windrunner, Uther The Lightbringer, Lothar, Khadgar, Kurdran Wildhammer, Daelin Proudmoore, Aiden Perenolde are a lot cooler than Arthas.
>>
>>69854090
>replying to pasta
>>
>>69854117
Sorry I'm not versed in meme magic.
>>
File: 501318.jpg (938 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
501318.jpg
938 KB, 2400x1600
>>69854062
That's too bad, I kinda liked them and both Old God updates were the best times of WoW.

I didn't mention corruption anywhere.
>>
File: wc2-bne_01_l.jpg (257 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wc2-bne_01_l.jpg
257 KB, 640x480
>>69853983
Calm your tits and play some Warcraft 2.

>>69852354
>>
tfw Kul Tiras is never talked about
>>
It's kind of dumb that they're ignoring the best part of the story and lore which is Warcraft 3 to tell some watered down basic bitch story that was inspired by the first two games.
>>
>>69854116
man, half those niggas didn't even have voices, totally not balla as muh nigga arfas
>>
>>69854274
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWr6rpuHKd0
>>
>>69845774
There are actually when you open the portal so kel thuzad to communicate wiyh archimonde
>>
>>69853944
is this bait?
>>
File: Untitled.png (224 KB, 991x1089) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
224 KB, 991x1089
>>69845508
Saved these from an old thread
>>
>>69854569
>old thread
>5/18/16
... yalla niggas need to stop capping your own posts.
>>
>>69846723
the leader of a misguided army takes over command and leads them to freedom. BUT YET THE BAD GUY GETS CONTROL.. DUN DUN DUN

Confirmed for not playing a single game with "Warcraft" in the title
>>
>>69854613
If I was going to post the same shit again I would have just copy pasted it shitlord
>>
>>69854677
nigga if someone else doesn't like your shit enough to repost it, it wasn't worth writing in the first plcae
>>
>>69854730
But I did repost someone else's shit. I like the idea. What I'm saying is that if I posted it originally and wanted to repost it I would have just pastad the text
>>
File: green jesus.jpg (63 KB, 1020x1145) Image search: [Google]
green jesus.jpg
63 KB, 1020x1145
>>69845508
>skip all the boring Green Jesus stuff please! Bring our boy Illidan to the big screen.

right there with ya senpai
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.