[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man In The High Castle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
File: 51117B9VzxL._SX940_.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
51117B9VzxL._SX940_.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
Anyone else watching this?

Just started it and I'm liking it so far.
>>
Anyone?
>>
Was bretty good. Looking forward to another season. Brace for spoilers, OP.
>>
>>69837305
it is ok. loses alot of its fascination in the middle imo.
>>
>>69839141
Season finale was the greatest
>>
>>69837305

The heroes are awful and the villains are good. I don't know if they had different writers working on different characters or what but holy hell.
>>
>>69839455
Good point, very true

Wonder if that was by design? Usually in shows villains are one dimensional and single minded. In this show you get to know the villains better than the protagonists.
>>
Literally the only show I watch
>>
Wish it wasn't on Amazon. They refuse to support Chromecast
>>
>>69839686
Theory is the writers are setting a trap, making the Nazi characters and the one Jap likable while the Jews and Americans are annoying and unlikable. Once the audience starts to identify with the Nazis, the tone of the show will completely change, the Nazis will turn into hated characters and viewers will feel guilty for ever liking them.
>>
>>69837305
>DUDE DIMENSION TRAVELING
>DUDE FORCED ROMANTIC DRAMA SO WOMEN WILL WATCH IT
it's shit.
>>
>>69837305

I wasn't a fan. Most of the characters are very flat and boring, not sure if I'll pick it up for season 2.
>>
>>69842019
>Hitler is the man in the high castle
it's DJ Quals dummy
>>
>tfw no glorious USA free of niggers
>>
>>69837305
any bookfags want to tell me how hard they're mangling it? Have they ruined Tagomi yet? He was my favourite charcter.
>>
File: hitlerkek.jpg (193 KB, 567x633) Image search: [Google]
hitlerkek.jpg
193 KB, 567x633
>>69841376
Bro just play it through the Amazon Instant Video player on chrome and use the chromecast extension to play it onto your chromecast. Fixed!
>>
The premise is fascinating but the main protagonists are pretty flat. The Japanese and Nazi characters are fascinating, but it's the Americans that bring it down, oddly enough.
>>
>>69837305
I laughed at the beginning, really enjoyed the middle because of the fallout asthetic, then i was meh by the end. I really liked the black guy and mc nazi (not the secret agent).
>>
>>69842199
I thought he was a literal DJ.
>>
>>69842735
>the black guy
Who's this? I've only read the book and I don't remember any black characters.
>>
>>69843048
He's a guy in the resistance. Reminds me of a mix of Preston Garvey (if you've played fallout) and any quiet/strong character. He's a black muzzy.
>>
>>69843231
>resistance
you wot? In the books there are a few very high-ups in Europe who want to keep the world from ending but there's nothing remotely Minutemen-like anywhere.
>>
>>69843349
Well this exist in this show. I'll give the book a read sometime.
>>
>>69841530
It's just as likely that the most likeable Nazi will just go TR8-T0R over his crippled son
>>
>>69837305

UBER GRIFFON FUHRER
>>
bretty good, loved the book (loved all of what i've read by PKD so far).

Discussion will pick back up when season 2 hits I imagine. The german spy kid was alright, i liked Frank and julia better, but the German Officer whose family is constantly shown is best character
>>
>>69841530
>>69842565
Eh, James Cameron really believed that people were going to root for his Neolithic cat niggers over the cigar chomping robot driving hardass, too.
>>
>>69843620
Oh and the old Japanese dude is also best character
>>
>>69843629
they did though
in their millions
>>
File: 4410.jpg (19 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
4410.jpg
19 KB, 500x310
>yfw a TV show in 2016 portrayed hitler as sympathetic
>>
>>69841530
So just like GoT?
>>
Why are we talking about this show like it's an ongoing series? They're done. It was nice and now they're done. I don't care if they put in weird cliffhangers at the end to imply that there might be more, there's just no place else for the show to logically go without completely going pants on head off the rails. There's a reason why the book ended where it did and it wasn't a serialized book series- there was a story to tell, and they told it. Anything more and they're going to turn it into the later half of Sliders where none of it made sense and people just kind of pretended it wasn't on the air anymore.
>>
File: 1455942571104.jpg (543 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455942571104.jpg
543 KB, 1600x1200
>>69841530
Only autistic neckbeards find the villains in things likable. You think they're doing it deliberately because you're socially awkward

Normal/socially functional people don't have this problem
>>
>>69843913
Who started out likeable and became awful in GoT? All I can think of is Jaime Lannister doing the opposite because he was literally the biggest cunt in the world in S1
>>
>>69843993
Nigga the series ended with Hitler narrowly defusing a nuclear war.

They literally put him in the place of JFK in the Cuban Missile Crisis
>>
Easily one of the best shows currently in production.

It's a smart, high-tension thriller in an original setting no other show has really tried.

The production-values are extremely high. The amount of effort that has gone into things like sets, props and costumes is mind-blowing. Every detail makes the universe feel more real.

If you're even vaguely interested in history, the show is fucking awesome.

Cannot wait for season 2, and I hope its critical and commercial success leads to more TV shows and movies about Alternate History.
>>
>>69844059
Wait, curious bookfag again. Are they actually showing Hitler in this? Or even making him relevant in any way? The main political plot thread in the books was that the Nazi leadership never 100% stabilized after they lost Hitler, which was way before the story begins.
>>
>>69841376

Then pirate it?
>>
File: 7da1.jpg (88 KB, 292x500) Image search: [Google]
7da1.jpg
88 KB, 292x500
>>69843952
>introduce inter dimensional travel out of literally nowhere
>end story
>>
>>69844118

The show is telling it's own story.

This is the nature of EVERY Philip K. Dick adaption, and likely for the better.
>>
>>69844118
On the show Hitler is faking Parkinson's to lure out those conspiring against him because there is a belligerent faction that wants to nuke Japan preemptively and he knows that will cause the apocalypse just like the US/Russian war avoided at all costs in our world.
>>
>>69844118
Yeah, Hitler's still alive and kicking. He's super old tho and that is a plot-point.
>>
>>69843952

>There's a reason why the book ended where it did and it wasn't a serialized book series

Philip K. Dick was planning on two sequel-books before he died, bro.
>>
>>69844118
Never read the book, but it's my understanding that the two are fundamentally different. On the show Hitler is elderly, but very much alive. He lives in a very high castle. Not kidding, the title is pretty on the nose. A lot of the drama in the series centers around who will replace Hitler after he dies because he's fallen ill and his death is immanent.
>>
>>69844217
I read that he was researching material for sequels but all the Nazi-stuff was too much for his LSD-ridden soul to handle so he had to get away from it.
>>
File: WELP.jpg (132 KB, 844x673) Image search: [Google]
WELP.jpg
132 KB, 844x673
Huh, looks like there is a season 2 planned, but it's imperiled.
>>
>>69844257
Hitler's certainly old but you missed the part where he's not sick at all.
>>
File: image.gif (172 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
172 KB, 400x400
>tfw you realize Tagomi's assistant from Nagasaki had radiation burns in his arms

He probably taught him to jump dimensions
>>
>>69844340
I was trying to not spoil it dude- good job. Why don't you just say everything that happens in the show while you're at it.
>>
>>69844307
>Questionable casting.

I... don't think so? I'm not a /pol/ard so I couldn't tell you. The nazis are fucking great though.

>Mixed couples?
Yeah, there's a Jew and a white chick. He sorta gets emotionally cucked by a white guy though. Sorta. It's complicated.

>Secret gay drama between Germans

Surprisingly, no. There /is/ nazidrama between nazis but a lot of it is mostly focused around burning people who are unfit for society, like congenital cripples.
>>
>>69841376
what a fucking normie you are
>>
>>69844307
not really. but the more important thing? it wasn't very good.
>>
>>69844307

>Questionable casting?
No, the casting is pretty great.

>Mixed couples?
Aside from one of the guys in a white couple turning out to be 1/4 ethincally Jewish, no.

>Secret gay drama between Germans?
No. In fact the narrative is fucking devoid for faggots or trannies or anything like that.

The Man In the High Castle may be the single most anti-SJW show currently in production.
The vast majority of the cast is white, Nazis are portrayed realistically as containing many sympathetically conflicted individuals that generally want to do good, no faggots, no trannies, no super stronk women who don't need no man, reprehensible non-white villains (especially Asians), etc.
>>
>>69837305
It's a sci fi posing as alternate history.
>>
>>69844568
>>69844426
This sounds good, thanks anons.
>>
File: 1352260422079.jpg (70 KB, 455x682) Image search: [Google]
1352260422079.jpg
70 KB, 455x682
>>69844568
>>69844546
>>69844426
This sounds too uncucked to be true. No show, especially an Amazon original, could have the balls to do anything but appease media cucks with cuck shit for cuck cucks...

There must be subliminal cuck cues for uninitiated cuck viewers in this secret cuck show.
>>
File: CI3Ikr8WwAQG0fk.jpg (36 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CI3Ikr8WwAQG0fk.jpg
36 KB, 600x338
>>69837305
>Anyone else watching this?

The acting is pretty good and the sets, costumes and cinematography are great (I particularly like the eclectic selection of cars seen in the background in alt-America) but it’s a very s l o w show, as they’re stretching it out to fit more then one season.
>>
>>69844568
>any show that only applies PC laws pre-2008 is considered anti-SJW

stop
>>
>>69844901
Well, the Nazis are still portrayed as uh, Nazis.

Also I'd argue that the most sympathetic/awesome characters are the Japanese. The most cowardly/fun-to-hate character on the show is an effeminate white dude.

That said, you might still like it.
>>
File: 1460803823425.jpg (5 KB, 261x163) Image search: [Google]
1460803823425.jpg
5 KB, 261x163
>>69837305
>what is this stuff
>oh thats the ashes of kids with down-syndrome and other disabilitys
i shed a tear man, i fucking need this reality.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.