[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just rewatched Drive, and while I can safely say it's aesthetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 700x933
Just rewatched Drive, and while I can safely say it's aesthetic as FUCK, I didn't really notice it being any more neon or 80's than any other movie. Only thing that felt distinctly 80's were the titles and the crash where Ron Perlman gets BTFO.

It's comfy as fuck though, and fucking beautiful as all hell. Makes me want to go driving at night just wandering around town, wasting gas and soaking in the fucking atmosphere.
>>
>>69830717
bump
>>
>>69830717
It is comfy as fuck right until Christina HNNNGdricks gets her head blown in and Driver goes all-out psycho mode. But yeah I get what you mean about the film. There's something about this film, it's hard to explain
>>
>>69831184
I remember the first time I saw it that scared the living fuck out of me.

It's pretty impressive now, now that I'm actually trying to make short films (the ones I have are shit) and I can appreciate technical aspects like that a little more.
>>
File: GooseDrive.png (120 KB, 527x275) Image search: [Google]
GooseDrive.png
120 KB, 527x275
>>69831184
Yeah, we're talking a lot about it, boy. But it's still the same.
I guess one can just intuitively catch the movie's inherent humanity.
Despite being extreme in his measures, the Driver is still a real human bean and a real hero
>>
Is the radio 1 rescore good?
>>
>>69830717
FUUUUCK that title sequence is just the comfiest thing EVER
https://youtu.be/BHVbbcHWX4k
>>
>>69832160
can someone rescore nightcrawler with this kinda seedy music?
>>
I liked the movie, but Driver was austistic as fuck. I felt like they were actively trying to make him as silent as they could, even when it was pointless. I really see why this appeals to robots and other autists.

10/10 aesthetically tho
>>
File: 1463568554683.jpg (320 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1463568554683.jpg
320 KB, 1280x960
The movie is more in synch with thrillers from the 70's due to its themes, execuetion, tone, wind up and lighting. The synth pop and title cards are presumably included because the director likes them I guess. I couldn't find any real significance to their inclusion as the film. The story is also very typical of that in the westerns genre. It's almost identical to the movie Shane in terms of plot through the lens of post-modernity
>>
did anyone else sorta yell "ohhh, fuck yeah!" during the elevator scene?
I mean, that was male fantasy in a nutshell: "Kiss the girl. Kill the bad guy."
>>
>>69832227
Nightcrawler's in desperate need of a rescore.

>>69833634
It occurred to me earlier that the only way the Driver could know all those routes and shit, practically memorize the streets of LA, is if he were either a genius or literally autistic.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.