[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WARCRAFT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 37
File: llane.0.jpg (180 KB, 790x1251) Image search: [Google]
llane.0.jpg
180 KB, 790x1251
Flop of the century incoming.

Shit won't make more than 100 million domestic TOPS.
>>
I'm with you. I hope this bombs as hard as humanly possible.
>>
>video game movies
JUST
>>
>>69830613
why the hate?
>>
Don't worry desu, china and europe will lift it to 500 million at least
>>
>>69830220
>Neon demon bombed
If this won't bomb, there is no hope
>>
the weird obsession with the desire for this movie to fail financially is the strangest shit I've ever seen
>>
>>69830953
Not really considering its contributing to the death of cinema. Entire movies that can be created on computers is something not to celebrate.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 396x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 396x282
>>69830856

>you will never live in a world free of filthy dumb foreigner scum driving the death of cinema by making every shitty blockbuster a financial success
>>
>>69830834
Epic /tv/ culture, obviously. Sort of like how much hate the new Quick Silver scene is getting.
>>
File: 1463678469846.png (121 KB, 1130x900) Image search: [Google]
1463678469846.png
121 KB, 1130x900
This doesn't have a chance. WoW is a meme that even normies know and hate, and it looks bad. It looks like every mid-tier budget CG movie ever made.

What's the demographics for this? WoW players? Mom's taking their toddlers to a kooky monster movie? Nobody wants to see this
>>
>>69831087
>old man yells at cloud
>>
>>69830220
Honestly, its just pathetic nerds that built their entire lives around capeshit worried that gameshit will ruin all they worked so hard to achieve.

Sorry nerds its gameshit era time now!
>>
>>69830953
what were you expecting from Warhammerfags who call everything HERESY?
>>
Why do they always pick the worst games to base movies off of?
>They could capitalize on the Mad Max aesthetic and make an interesting original movie by using Borderlands.

>They could do an epic space movie with Halo and the Spartan characters

>They could use the Farcry premise for a movie

>Wolfenstein could easily be written into a movie

>DOOM

All these being recognizable properties. Hell, they could do a simple war movie and call it "Call Of Duty". Who gives a fuck? Studios put such a minimal effort into what could be a very lucrative endeavor. I don't even want to see this happen, i'm just amazed how poorly studios treat this subject.
>>
What makes this better than the Star Wars prequels? It's literally a CGI movie.
>>
File: 1462985937061-tv.gif (199 KB, 336x468) Image search: [Google]
1462985937061-tv.gif
199 KB, 336x468
>>69831651
>they've made like 50 halo shows/shorts/movies
>not one of them actually stars Master Chief

Literally why
>>
>>69831725
people are afraid to write Master Chief into an actual character
>>
>>69831651
>Borderlands
>Ebin memes, the game

>Halo
>"The story is actually good if you read the books" the game

>Farcry
>Storyline so generic it could just be a standard action movie, the game

>Wolfenstein
Only decent suggestion you made

>DOOM
>He doesn't remember the Doom movie

Warcraft has a better story for adapting to the big screen than all of them, except maybe Wolfenstein.
>>
>>69831857
>>Borderlands
>>Ebin memes, the game
The original game, not the retarded sequels.
>>
>>69831651
farcry, Wolfenstein and doom all have terrible storylines to base movies out of. not to mention "they" already made movies out of two of them if any fpsgame deserves to get a kino its bioshock because of its setting and grittyness
>>
>>69830220
If it was completely CGI like the blizzard intros/cutscenes, it would be interesting, but all this live action shit takes away from the charm of it
>>
>>69830220
John Carter cost more and bombed worse.
>>
>>69831857
would LA Noire or Red Dead Redemption work as a movie?
>>
>>69832000
L.A. Noire could work as a TV show. but not a movie. RDD maybe. but at best it would be tarantino-core and at worst really boring
>>
File: 1311704000383.png (159 KB, 435x419) Image search: [Google]
1311704000383.png
159 KB, 435x419
>>69831651
Halo, Farcry and DOOM have all been movies.

Try to keep up.
>>
>>69831998
shame, it had an interesting premise. Lone Ranger also bombed, and I thought it could've been handled a lot better, but the train scene at the end was great.

>tomorrowland bombed stopping Tron 3
>>
>>69830220
I think you mean Kino of the century incoming.
>>
>>69831651
No. A better idea would be to base it one something like Red Dead Redemption/Revolver. Has to be a setting as unvideogamey as possible.
>>
>>69831954
What would a Bioshock movie even be about?
>>
>>69831954
More like System Shock you tasteless faglord.
>>
>>69830953
Blizzfags are the most spiteful little shits in the world.
>>
>>69831651
Wolfenstein could only work if you change the aesthetic from videogamey and made it look more pulpy like that reboot from 2009.
>>
>>69830220
i will just go and see it for Ragnar!

But blizzdrones will surely make this movie win big time money.
>>
>>69832104
System Shock was inert in story. Everything substantial already happened before the beginning of the game. It also has the problem of having nobody around but the protagonist.
>>
>>69832180
Which has already been done in Iron Sky (2012).

Just pretend it's called Wolfenstein and it's exactly what you're asking for.
>>
>>69831921
Borderlands 2 is better than the first in every single way and nothing anyone could say would make me believe they aren't just being contrarian because there is no argument to make.
>>
>>69831651
We already had Act of Valor, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>69832268
Was thinking more like Indiana Jones/ the first Hellboy
>>
>>69832332
>Borderlands 2 is better than the first in every single way

Maybe gameplay wise. Everything else was ruined courtesy of Anthony 'king of cucks' Burch.
>>
>>69832332
>fight all these different villains on you hunt for the Vault
>"dude, Handsome Jack lmao"
Borderlands 2 runs better and looks better, but everything else is stupid. They completely sucked the soul out of what Borderlands was
>>
>>69830652
Video game movies > capeshit
>>
>>69832546
>>69832466
Yeah i don't know. I always thought Handsome Jack was quite a refreshing villain. Just some idiot with delusions of grandeur and trillions of dollars. I tried borderlands 1 after playing through 2 and just couldnt do it. Each to their own though I suppose.
>>
>>69832058
nah halo never got made. blomkamp was supposed to direct it too but made D9 instead.
>>
File: 1463848105304.gif (3 MB, 800x352) Image search: [Google]
1463848105304.gif
3 MB, 800x352
>bunch of DCucks praying this movie fails so it will be remembered the blunder of 2016 instead of BvS
>>
File: 1463520612326.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1463520612326.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>69830220
>Flop of the century incoming.

Marvel shills out in full force
>>
>>69833652
Wait why would Marvel be upset, didn't Civil War just break a billion dollars?
>>
>>69833685
people just meme for the sake of it, there's no reason anymore
>>
>>69833652
Marvel has nothing to fear, it's the fanatics of the visionary Hack Snyder that are scared shitless because Warcraft will probably end up having 2 or 3 times the rating BvS has and will make way more money in relation to it's budget.
>>
>>69830953

It's a vapid cash-in on a stale franchise that has literally nothing to offer than special effects and even that part looks silly.

Also the comic book manbabies can at least pretend they're watching their shlock for some fabricated "smart" reason, but with this you can't even do that.
It just looks flat out embarrassing.

The only actually sad part is that Duncan had a relatively promising career but now he's tied it to this garbage that looks like it was directed by a special effects render farm committee.
>>
A womans asshole.
>>
>>69833868
>It's a vapid cash-in on a stale franchise that has literally nothing to offer than special effects and even that part looks silly.

You literally just described 90% of capeshit and the majority of summer blockbusters.
>>
>>69833685
I guess they fear other gigantic game studios will join in and slowly eat away capeshit's profits
>>
>>69833350
>blomkamp was supposed to direct

I guess the Halo franchised dodged a bullet with that one
>>
>>69833935
The ones who should be worried about that are Fox, Sony, and WB
>>
File: 1453902199334.jpg (251 KB, 1600x1063) Image search: [Google]
1453902199334.jpg
251 KB, 1600x1063
>my face when people saying it will flop

is this elaborate b8 for months?
no possible way can it not make money. I feel like im taking crazy pills when you say this dumb shit
>>
>>69830220
I saw a test screening. I didn't hate it, but I can't imagine this movie doing well with critics. I don't follow Warcraft, and people who do will probably love it, but this was not a general audience movie. Not by a long shot. I'd say it could score less than 10% on RT.
>>
>>69833925

you should be out there solving murders, not wasting your time on 4chan
>>
>>69834012
>is this elaborate b8 for months?

It will flop for the same reasons LOTR, GOT flopped.
>>
>>69831087
I don't understand this logic. CGI takes skill to create. Just because it's a different skillset than traditional film making, you can't appreciate it?
>>
>>69834012
/tv/ thought that The Force Awakens would flop if that makes any sense to you
>>
>>69834027
>people who do will probably love it
They all already hate it.
It's bullshit revisionist lore, terribly CGI and general art style, everything about it.
The only people seeing it will be people who don't know what Warcraft is.
>>
>>69834238
Are you unironically comparing Star Wars to World of Warcraft right now?
>>
>>69834316
>are you comparing nerd shit to nerd shit
>>
>>69831651
>Borderlands
Literally Mad Max
>Halo
Shit. Hasn't there already been live action Halo shit? Not interesting at all
>FarCry
Boring and generic action movie. There already was a FarCry movie and it was shit
>Wolfenstein
Could be good
>DOOM
Already happened
>>
>>69834293
Well that's a shame. It's super packed and doesn't work as a light, general audience movie, but it did feel like it was made by people who cared about what they were making. To me it felt like if they tried cramming an entire season of Game of Thrones into a single movie. The lore is there and it all feels interesting, but you aren't given enough time to absorb it.
>>
>>69834316
All I pointed out was the retarded way of thinking people have when it comes to stuff they personally hate. Didn't make any comparison.
>>
>>69834316
how can you even compare the two? this is blatant disney fags right hurr thereatened that their beloved fucking manchild films might actually be beaten to the narrative by a vidyakino instead of their pandering shizen
>>
>>69834364
One is nerd shit whose basic premise is known by a majority of human beings on the planet. The other is a video game. A popular video game, no doubt, but a video game. If you think the two are going to be comparable in terms of sales you are out of your mind.
>>
File: 1463077336798.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463077336798.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>69834316

Yes, WoWfags really are THAT retarded. They actually think their failing, garbage franchise has any brand power outside of video games now.

Their delusion is so utterly pathetic. It's going to be a treat watching their movie fail miserably.
>>
If this came out ten years ago, it would have made good money.
In 2016, no one gives a shit about Warcraft anymore.
>>
>>69834880

Yep. The majority of people who will watch this are people randomly going to the theatres and randomly picking this, and WoWfags.

You know how many WoWfags are actually willing to go to the cinema? Probably not even half.
>>
File: 1445532292175.jpg (40 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1445532292175.jpg
40 KB, 400x462
>>69830220
Anyone who is tangentially excited for this cancer is a fucking loser. Honestly can you imagine how pathetic current day Warcraft fans are? The lore since the first game has always been fucking trash, when your source material is mediocre, the translation into the film medium will be that much worse. Yet even with these trailers and leaks it looks so awful that only the most autistic and devoted wow faggots can be the only ones defending this.

These people have been playing WoW non-stop since post cata, think about that, these people are complete fucking degenerates that literally eat the shit that metzen's puts out on a bowl, smile then ask for more. This movie is going to bomb fucking hard, there is barely any buzz for this garbage, noones going to give a flying fuck for this turd, since it already looks like garbage.

The cgi is awful, it looks like a WoW cinematic with real life people thrown in, it has that prequelitis where the whole set and acting between characters is done behind a green screen giving it that artificial look.

Khadgar looks retarded, and the human and orc scenes look so painfully bad that it looks like a fan film. Seriously and I reiterate, the people that are excited for this film are bottom of the barrel losers who are most definitely stunted their own growth and are probably mid 25-30 still living with their parents with the mental acuity of a 16 year old. Think about the fanbase for this game now, if one frame of this trailer and any blizzcon clip will show you, these people are so fucking stupid that they are beyond saving. Hopefully with the plummeting subscriptions and increasingly casual content this franchise can finally die the painful death that it has been avoiding through the strength of autism all these years.

Kill yourself if you are hyped for this.
>>
>>69834880
kill this meme if that was the case why did oso many people go watch lord of the rings hundreds of years after the books?

fuck off disney shill
>>
>>69834959
I been waiting 8 plus years for this
>>
File: average wow streamer.png (90 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
average wow streamer.png
90 KB, 350x250
>>69834959
>>
International markets eat CGI shitfests up, that it happens to be about a game that they all love will only make it more successful

it will be shit but Asian markets will salvage it
>>
>>69834967
Because LOTR is entirely different than a VIDEO GAME series.
LOTR have been taught it schools for decades and nearly everyone holds some nostalgia attachment to it.
>>
>>69835012
Which is why you are a fucking loser, grow the fuck up already, the lore for Warcraft has always been mediocre, and it's only gotten worse. You are the degenerate trash in the huge minority that is so hyped for this trash beyond any reason. Seriously you are pathetic.
>>
>>69830953
/v/ and their tortanic cancer shit is leaking
>>
>>69835055
this, wow fags are delusional
>>
>>69835055
how?

Warcraft has just a rich storylines if not even more so rich character designs in their core beliefs and the way of life than some old man writing about war and skimming over the layered emotions of characters

Illidan
Arthas
Orgrim
Guldan

To name a few have fucking heavy storylines in the fact they are so importantly part of the world
>>
>>69830220

Its guaranteed to make 400 million because of WoW fags.

OP BTFO AGAIN
>>
>>69835146
>rich storylines
>rich core beliefs
>heavy storylines

Read an actual fucking book instead of just constantly digesting Metzen's latest bowel movement for 8 years of your life as you waste your life away playing WoW constantly telling yourself that the lore has ever been redeemable. Fucking degenerate. Get educated.
>>
>>69833925
100% what Marvel is doing then

At least warcraft has rich characters and story, and by the looks of it very creative visualas compared to a lot of shit outhere at the moment
>>
>>69835146
You forget that not everyone has played WoW to the depth most people have.
If they played it, it was probably once and never again.
Plus, gaming was heavily looked down upon in the mainstream at the game's height.
The general public doesn't know a damn thing about the story, characters or universe it creates.
>>
>>69835146

nigga read a fucking book
>>
>>69835201
*I use WoW as the core example because most people don't realize there's more than one Warcraft game.
>>
i now want this movie to succeed after witnessing some of the extremely strong autism in this thread
>>
>>69835192
But I am educated.

My main vice is Sci-fi but I do like the odd fantasy here and there and Warcraft quells that side of fantasy, it has great visuals and the way i imagine it is the way it is being shown cinematically

This will hiopefully start something big

Its the same way people slated fucking Avatar, but theres so many layers there and a start of something massive
>>
>>69835192
>digesting Metzen's latest bowel movement

When will Metzen finally become an orc? Will he mocap baby Thrall?
>>
File: Chesney-hawkes-Cover-1.jpg (30 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
Chesney-hawkes-Cover-1.jpg
30 KB, 400x394
There is only one reason why this movie will suck, and it's the lack of "The One And Only".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V5PLkFuxrY

If Duncan can squeeze that one into Warcraft I'll be might impressed.

I fucking love that track
>>
>>69835253
Literally this, I could give less shits about Warcraft but it would be amazing to see /tv/ and veddit eat their own shit in case this movie is successful.
>>
>>69835234
what he fuck you talking about i read the hobbit and i read lotr, they were not as interesting as any of the characters or lore in warcraqft for me, I always empathized and was drawn to Illidan, he literally did njothing wrong but was banished from his own homeworld, exiled, for 10,000 years, that is already epic a fuck, he was fucking betrayed by family and loved ones, and he still went out of his way to fuckign stop the burning legion, that is fucking based
>>
>>69835275
You are fucking stupid as shit, the situation with Avatar is in no way comparable to this trainwreck waiting to happen. Cameron is a legendary director who has an insane repetaour of films such as terminator 2, alien 2, titanic and others that were huge box office hits. I mean titanic was legendary in how much money it actually made, and you are going to compare the drawing power of a Cameron film that was hyped with the 3D visuals and how it was "redefining" 3d. The situations aren't in the least bit similar you mongoloid.
>>
>>69835331
>that is already epic a fuck, he was fucking betrayed by family and loved ones, and he still went out of his way to fuckign stop the burning legion, that is fucking based

>t. a 12 year old

fixed that for you
>>
>>69835331
Dude seriously, why are you pretending to even have read LoTR when by the way you type it's obvious you didn't even graduate from high school. Seriously dude "it's epic as fuck" is not a way to validate your own viewpoint and it just makes you look like a complete fucking retard. Illidan's backstory is pathetically simplistic, just like every other corruption based arc that Metzen loves to populate this shitty universe with.

Get.Educated.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 640x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 640x497
>>69831087
>Entire movies that can be created on computers is not something to celebrate
>>
I hope this movie succeeds because I want a Warcraft 3 movie about Arthas
>>
>>69835425
>just like every other corruption based arc that Metzen loves to populate this shitty universe with.

Does Metzen have a corruption fetish? Cause it sure as hell seems like it.
>>
>>69830220

I'm about as indifferent about this movie as I could be.

I played WC3 and liked it, and I played WoW for a while and liked it, then simply stopped playing when I didn't like it anymore. Was some good times.

If this movie turns out to be good, I'll see it and probably like it. If it sucks, I'll avoid it and just let it fade into obscurity. Don't really feel invested either way.
>>
>>69835146

The Warcraft lore is every shitty fantasy and comic book cliche rolled into one.
>>
>>69833868
>vapid cash-in
>literally been in development for 8 years
>>
>>69834959
People have been browsing 4chan non-stop since post HABO Hotel, think about that.
>>
>>69835489
>This movie is a success
>They get to WC3 in the movie series
>It turns out to be fantastic
>Critics everywhere will say "like Anakin Skywalker except good."

As generic as Warcraft's story beats are, I always liked Arthas's fall from grace because he did absolutely nothing objectively wrong and it still ruined him. Culling of Stratholme is great.
>>
>>69835425
Like, why are you here just because you dont like it?

I would rather watch something on illidan than fucking Marvel. Also no way im writing perfectly is this a fucking english lesson? Faggot.

You fucking piece of shit how dare you lay into me because I liek somethig you dont.

Also you cant blame Metzen for everything he's not the only fuckign write, I hate the fuckign way everyone always blames him. If anything you need to get educated.
>>
>>69831850
>i play halo for the characterisation of master chief
said no one ever
>>
>>69835692
I hope they also make a Frozen Throne movie so I can watch Illidan get curb-stomped by Arthas on the big screen
>>
>>69835730

>fuckign write, I hate the fuckign

Holy shit, Chris please use auto correct.
>>
>>69835730
Reading your incoherent rant is so painful to watch I refuse to think you are anything but a third worlder piece of shit and that english isn't your first language. You are simply and utterly retarded, Warcraft is only good to you because the amount of media and literature you have ingested is so narrow that to you the Warcraft series is the most "epic" stories you have ever read. Seriously man you are the epitome of Blizzdrones and the reason they are still making money off the boatloads. They made people like you, gullible, senseless kids into uneducated dimwits who have only been looking at Blizzard for entertainment for decades. You are fucking cancer.
>>
>>69835692
how are they gonna portray the Undead Scourge?
They can't show dead people with bones sticking out in China, or anything related to reanimation(Stitches etc)
>>
>>69832084
Horrible idea, when you put rdr up against even mediocre westerns it looks bad. It was just an attempt to adapt western films to a video game. Doesn't translate back.
>>
>>69832086
I want high budget bioshock series
S1 is its construction and early days
S2 is rapture prime
S3 is it's downfall and end

all takes place before the game
>>
>>69835923
RDR is already basically The Proposition.
>>
>>69835940
I'm thinking it should have the same feel as man in high castle.
>>
>>69835192
Why are you so angry that people play popular games and watch popular movies on /tv/ of all places? You do realize there are capped capeshit threads here right? What about people playing a computer game makes you type out these venomous replies? You do realize you aren't accomplishing anything by doing this.
>>
>>69835898
Don't worry, when Trump gets elected China will lose its middle class.
>>
>>69830220
i was pretty skeptical about it too but after seeing some shit from it i think it will do very well

tho i think a star craft movie can be bigger success
>>
>>69836114
Stop trying to differentiate your cancerous fandom as somehow above capeshit. You are the capeshit of vidya, you are cancer. Stop trying to pretend that you are better than them and just fuck off back to /v/ already.
>>
>>69835898
I believe that policy only applies to video games. Not that I'd ever accuse the Chinese government of having a sensible policy, but I think the idea is that they see video games as being for children, and thus don't want the imagery. Movies may be judged differently, but again, who knows what China will do in any given circumstance.

Alternately, focus on the non-boney monsters like Ghouls, Necromancers and Abominations and alter their appearance so they don't have stitching.
>>
They just put this movie out way too late. If they release it back when the Warcraft audience was still there (maybe 2011-2012 at the latest) it could have had some success but, they decide to finish it after their franchise is at rock bottom

I played WoW from 2006-2011 and was pretty hyped for this movie when we first got wind that Sam Raimi was gonna be doing it but, I've come to almost hate the Warcraft universe and have no interest in this movie
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 503x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 503x415
The problem is that the Warcraft isn't about the story, it's about world building. People enjoy exploring the universe and the ways it feels alive with lore and history. This translates horribly to a medium like film where storytelling the primary focus and world building is secondary.

Warcraft as a movie is fucked from the get go. If you put the universe on display, you're going to confuse the fuck out of general audiences. If you don't, you're going to outrage your build in audience. There is no correct way to make a movie like this. Warcraft should have never been a movie.

Make a movie out of Halo or Bioshock Infinite or even fucking CoD. Their stories are straightforward and told in first person perspective.
>>
>>69831651
>make a generic movie and slap a brand on it
Do you recall need for speed?
>>
>>69836189
>star craft movie
I wouldn't want this unless it's about the first game. What the fuck happened to the lore and story with the second game? What a fucking farce.
>>
>>69836211
>They put this movie out way too late

That may actually end up working in their favor. If released at the height of its popularity, this movie probably would've been a mediocre cash-grab and nobody would have thought much of it. They'd basically have half-assed it and made a bunch of money.

Since it's too late to ride the hype wave, they're actually trying to make it good. Given the material, it may not be, but if it is, it has the opportunity to move out from the shadow of the game franchise and just be its own thing. Not that being based on a game is inherently bad, but it'll feel less like the inverse of shovelware liscenced games and more like its own product.
>>
>>69836281
yea more tamed sci-fi story for the mass audience
>>
>>69836217

what fucking lore, it's a completely generic setting where the shit the audience needs to know would could be literally told to you by a narrator in the opening sequence or through a short crawl

and fantasy genre is btw 95% characters exposition dumping either way
>>
File: Patrician.png (527 KB, 514x596) Image search: [Google]
Patrician.png
527 KB, 514x596
>>69834959

Hello fellow patrician
>>
>>69836281
>What the fuck happened to the lore and story with the second game?

They took a story with many competing factions, some more good, some more evil, but all with understandable goals and reasons to conflict with each other, and then just said "lol now they all gotta put aside their differences and stop the Big Bad from ending the universe", which is probably the single fucking biggest cliche in the world.

SC1: Jim loved Sarah, and when he found out he lost her to the Swarm, held hope she could be saved - until she murdered Fenix and proved she was a monster, and Raynor swore to kill her
SC2: XD he still loves her and he saves her lol

SC1: Mengsk is a man bent on revenge, and though he seems shady, his goals appear noble - until he murders an entire planet with the Zerg and crowns himself Emperor. But he's the lesser of many evils compared to the UED and the Zerg.
SC2: lol he so evil. Take your revenge against ebil Mengsk with strong independent Sarah!
>>
This movie will be pure kino

Don't mind the critics or RT score or general audience. Don't bother poking at the rough CGI/visuals or underwhelming story.

This is just pure kino
>>
>>69830834
/tv/ only likes capeshit now don't ya know

15 year old redditors co-opted this board long ago
>>
File: one.jpg (39 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
one.jpg
39 KB, 1024x576
>>69830220

Bla bla bla.

I played WoW for a long time. This film is pure nostalgia, (yes Im aware its about the RTS, which I also played) since alot of locations will be similar to the game.

I got goose bumps from watching the trailer, because it looks like a Blizzard cinematic finally becoming a full length kinofilm.

>tl:dr Why in the fuck would you watch it, if you didnt play a Warcraft game?

Also its weird that people want a film to not make money for the studio. It makes no sense.

Or is it one of the classical "you cant like what I hate and the financial success of a film determines the amount of viewers and therefore the enforcement of my views as valid?"
>>
>>69835200
>Warcraft
>rich characters and story
Lel.
>>
File: 1234567.jpg (6 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
1234567.jpg
6 KB, 191x264
>>69836616
That's the spirit.
>>
>>69837003
Better than Warhammer garbage too desu
>>
Witcher movie will be great
>>
>>69837065
general audiences liked BvS to be fair

I preferred it to Civil War
>>
>>69837003
Name box office hit with deeper characters
>>
>>69837096
doesn't count as it's being based off of the books
>>
>>69837330
>>69837096

The Witcher is shit though.
>>
>>69837330
Still will be watched mostly by vidya fags
>>
>>69835331

Ladies and gentlemen: the Warcraft movie target audience.
>>
>>69837455
Biodrone pls
>>
>>69837455
nice try blizzardcuck

>>69837479
well yeah but it still doesn't count as a video game film

the source material that is being used is literally from 1986 and the first short story collection that got released in 1990
>>
>>69837559
>>69837514

I honestly cant think of one more generic and soulless vidya story, if I tried.
>>
>>69837559
Warcraft is also based om books :^)
>>
>>69830220
I'm looking forward to the Warcraft movie just for Armond White's review. I just know he's going to call it a masterpiece of cinema.
>>
File: active chen.gif (39 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
active chen.gif
39 KB, 230x230
>>69835146
>there are people browsing 4chan today, that express their opinions about topics, and are actually unironically convinced that surface is all there is to a work, and therefore a story as shallow and superficial as the Warcraft, created to sell and appeal first and foremost, and to educate or engage not at all, is in any way comparable to the classics of world literature

I should really move to infinity one of these days. Somewhere not here. Away from these young, soulless husks addicted to the entertainment industry, only wanting instant gratification and personal reaffirmation through media. Away from you.

Maybe I should just shoot myself or something, etiher way, it brings me to tears how you cannot presently comprehend within the scope of your mind how incredibly fucking retared you are.
>>
File: 1461373929963.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1461373929963.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1440
Warcraft threads are pure gold or might as well say cancer. The autism by both haters and WoWdrones is unbelievable.
>my opinion on something that I haven't seen yet is totally correct and more valid than yours, oh it's a fact also
>>
Is the film good though or is this another case of John Carter?
>>
>>69837726

>he unironically thinks that any story is original or special, simply because the media have changed drastically in the last 50 years.

Its like you want to be called a retard.

There were shit stories 5000 years ago, there are shit stories now. The medium has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>69837663

Warcraft
> start out as an rts game series
> get tie in books that are canon with the games
Witcher
>start out as a book series in 1986
>gets it's first game in 2007 and they are non canon

They are not the same.
>>
>>69833868
To be honest that's most movies now.
The fact that this movie took like 14 years to actually make through recasts, new directions, new scripts, etc. kind of shows they actually gave a shit and didn't just rush something to stick the warcraft tag on for money.
Sorry if this rustles your jimmies.
>>
>>69837745

Why would you watch a film about a computer game you didnt play?
>>
>>69837834
Because I like the work of Duncan Jones.
>>
>>69837813

Then you are suggesting an adaptation of the books? Your previous post suggests otherwise.
>>
File: chenslap.jpg (15 KB, 259x215) Image search: [Google]
chenslap.jpg
15 KB, 259x215
>>69837800
That's not what I said, faggot.
>>
>>69837834
Because it could be a cool fantasy movie and we don't get any of those nowadays.

>Why would you watch a film about a book you didn't read?
>>
>>69837800

when the medium is infantile, the stories told in it are also infantile

for instance you can't tell a great story using only farts, but you sure can make an ass of yourself trying
>>
>>69835454
I'm talking about cinema. Cartoons are just fodder made for children to sit still for two hours.
>>
File: lel1.jpg (146 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
lel1.jpg
146 KB, 500x669
>>69837882

You wrote alot, but said little.

>Maybe I should just shoot myself or something

This part rings true.
>>
>>69837639
What's the story of Geralt of Rivia in your eyes?
>>
>>69830953

Nerds hate it when their secret treehouse is opened up for the unwashed masses and want them to fail so they can be left alone with their precious. Look at the cape fans who have been prophesying the downfall of cape movies every year for the last decade.
>>
>>69837870
I was implying that a Witcher film is not a video game film while Warcraft is. The events that are being adapting come from the first game and from the lore in WOW, do they not? So it's a video game film. Meanwhile the Witcher film is adapting two of the short stories and it has nothing to do with the games. In fact CDPR isn't involved at all which will be curious as they actually trademarked the word the Witcher. I would assume they would have to pay to use it but who knows.
>>
>>69837903

>failing this hard at sounding profound
>using an ass metaphor for making a point about "infatile media"

Nice one.
>>
>>69837834
Do you really think Disney is making all these capeshit billions from nerds that used to collect and read comics?
The quality and content of the source material is somewhat irrelevant since the medium changes, it all comes down to the director and the production team.
>>
File: chentails.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
chentails.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
>>69837936
That's not my fault, that's because words keep falling out of your ears, Anon. Your mind seems to be too narrow to let such a long sentence fit and remain in its entire meaning.

It's fucking tragic. No wonder you can't read a book.
>>
>>69837996

>*insert superhero who kills things for a living*

But hes Polish, so thats new amirite?
>>
File: your book.jpg (57 KB, 406x600) Image search: [Google]
your book.jpg
57 KB, 406x600
>>69838052
>>
File: 1437702087008.jpg (132 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1437702087008.jpg
132 KB, 640x480
Hey /tv/ fags

How was finding out just how idiotic Blizzdrones are for you? Was it a fun experience?

These people are fucking hilarious, right? Fucking cultists.
>>
>>69838035
>The quality and content of the source material is somewhat irrelevant since the medium changes, it all comes down to the director and the production team.
This

You can make a decent movie out of any game that has plot or world-building elements, the problem is that game-based movies are usually created as a shitty tie-in and expected to gather some money just because it's based on a famous title. People just don't bother putting effort in them as it happens with titles that are supposed to be self-sufficient.
>>
>>69838035

>fantasy setting on a different world/universe

>everday life setting with some added superheroes

You dont get it do you?
>>
>>69830220
>Flop of the century

Which flops harder this or ghost busters?
>>
>>69838158
Valvedrones are worse

At least Blizzard still makes games
>>
File: 12v.jpg (237 KB, 1600x648) Image search: [Google]
12v.jpg
237 KB, 1600x648
>>69838203
>fantasy setting on a different world/universe
Is that supposed to be bad? And no, I am not trying to compare it with LotR but trying to diminish Warcraft because it has a fantasy setting is a bit stupid.
>>
>>69830220
>Shit won't make more than 100 million domestic TOPS.
Gonna laugh when this buries BvS at the box office, sempai.
>>
>>69837081
Is that the bar we've set now? If you have better characters than an entire universe full of caricatures and edgelords you're good?

Your standards fucking suck. But then again that's why lazy capeshit thrives nowadays.
>>
>>69838420
>tfw people expected the biggest battle of 2016 to be BvS against Civil War
>it will end up being BvS against Ghostbusters
>>
>>69830220
maybe not but China has fake knock-off WoW themeparks and loves Wow it will kill there if nowhere else so the movie will make enough to guarantee a second one
>>
>>69838607
The Who's More Shit and Whose Base Shills Harder titles are nothing to meme about, anon. ths s srs
>>
>>69830220
I hope not. I want it to at least make 500 million worldwide.

although imo I think they should have started with a smaller movie like a Lothar origin instead of this. Warcraft Begins is like if LOTR skipped "Fellowship of the Ring" and went straight to "Return of the King".
>>
>>69838723
Meh. They'll never do the Draenei justice so I can't find any enthusiasm for this.
>>
>>69831177
GTFO of europe with your fucking cinematographic imperialism then. We'll be glad to be rid of your shit.
>>
>>69838723

this garbage isn't breaking 300 million, and only that if they are lucky
>>
File: heresthedefinitionyoufaggots.png (50 KB, 643x669) Image search: [Google]
heresthedefinitionyoufaggots.png
50 KB, 643x669
>>69831087

Dumbest shit i HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE.

/tv is full of fucking cancerous retards.

Film has been around for almost a century. In those decades we have had technological advances that aspire to create.

Just because there isnt 100% real practical fucking EVERYTHING on EVERY SCENE doesnt make it any less of a fucking film you cucks.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

A films objective at its very core is supposed to entertain and inspire and educate. THAT IS ALL.

There is ZERO definition that says

>muh movies errrr only allowed tew hev reel peeple

Bunch of stupid fucking cunts that exist on this board
>>
>>69833868
Film school just called they want you as king hipster this season
>>
>>69830220

Hoping this garbage bombs so hard it leaves a crater they talk about for years.
>>
This will break records just with BR, China and Russia revenue.

This movie can't flop you deluded fucks.
>>
>>69839028
Is this pasta? If not, it is now.
>>
>>69839135

no pasta anon
>>
>>69830953

Congratulations, you're seeing /v/ crossposting thanks to it ebing a video game movie.

On /v/ every game must be the biggest commercial failure in history, every game must be "TORtanic all over again"
>>
Metro 2033 the movie would be epic.
>>
>>69839215
/v/ here, we think this looks like shit too.

If not for the shilling all discourse surrounding this movie would be mockery.
>>
File: whoa.gif (3 MB, 396x299) Image search: [Google]
whoa.gif
3 MB, 396x299
>>69839028

holy shit anon. get em' lol
>>
File: Capture.png (26 KB, 568x150) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26 KB, 568x150
>>
>>69839028
The issue is the manhours necessary to construct CGI sequences. No one person could create 90 minutes of "good" CGI in a lifetime, much less a few weeks. So the product is the result of hundreds of people, thus, completely incapable of being the product of a singular vision.
>>
File: 1458198400504.jpg (52 KB, 418x482) Image search: [Google]
1458198400504.jpg
52 KB, 418x482
>>69839353
>/v/ here
>we
Fucking kill yourself loser.
>>
>>69839484
and here we see a shill attempting to control the narrative
>>
>>69833868
>that has literally nothing to offer than special effects

So did Box Office record holder Avatar.
>>
>>69839507
so warcraft needs to spend another 900m and invent a number of new techniques and technologies in order to compare?
>>
>>69839504
You've already outed yourself as an underaged /v/edittor, nobody cares what you have to say.
>>
>>69839507
read

>>69835357

Kill yourself.
>>
>>69839571
crack that whip. Shout down any differing opinion until all that remains is what you're being paid to say.
>>
>>69830220
You are forgetting this is gameshit, movie is an addition to the video game universe they have.
>>
File: fuckingCUCKS.jpg (5 KB, 126x122) Image search: [Google]
fuckingCUCKS.jpg
5 KB, 126x122
>>69839453

extra retarded as well. So according to that logic only one guy is allowed to hold the camera, build the sets, write the script, produce it, compose the music, act everything out himself, and since hes acting out every role he is going to need a bunch of wardrobes and make up needed to portray different characters so lets make ONE person create all of that as well. Its HIS vision after all and cant be tampered by anyone elses fucking talent.

Thats the point of a... ahem.... a FUCKING DIRECTOR.

You know... the guy hired to oversee all departments and choose the best outcome and how each puzzle piece fits.

Again, cancerous fucking board. Dumb ass cucks
>>
File: 1458137329323.jpg (7 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
1458137329323.jpg
7 KB, 246x250
>>69839624
You actually make me cringe.
>>
>>69839669
The point you're trying oh so hard to miss is the fact the more people you throw into a production, the less creative control any one person has. And CGI is, by definition, hundreds of people and several layers of hierarchy separating any creative influences from the end product.
>>
>>69839667
>movie is an addition to the video game universe they have.

No it isn't, it retcons to fuck basically absolutely everything about this era in the game, and considering they literally just released a lore book that codifies the lore, it's pretty much confirmed this movie has nothing to do with Warcraft canon.
>>
>>69839758
post another reaction image at him. That'll make him leave.
>>
>>69832818

Objectively wrong.
>>
>>69839778

and the BIGGER point youre missing is this is god damn movie whos only objective is to entertain. Yet somehow everything must be graded. Just sit the fuck down and watch a fucking movie for what its supposed to be.
>>
>>69839863
>fucking just fucking turn fucking off fucking your fucking brain fucking bro fucking

Your gracious concession is noted.
>>
File: 1454728095482.jpg (51 KB, 607x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454728095482.jpg
51 KB, 607x1080
>>69839816
>I'll pretend to not be OP, that'll show him!
Holy fuck back to your containment board.
>>
>>69839913
>anyone who says x is samefag

brilliant tactic. People who've only been here since summer started are sure to fall for it.
>>
>>69832000
What's point of making a movie out of videogames that are already homages to movies?
>>
>>69839863
>just turn off your fucking brain!, it's just a flick designed to be consumed! I mean it's a warcraft film brah!!!!! just turn your fucking brain off bro!!!

Seriously, end yourself.
>>
File: Capture.png (20 KB, 571x126) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20 KB, 571x126
>>
File: 1458124498618.jpg (58 KB, 536x533) Image search: [Google]
1458124498618.jpg
58 KB, 536x533
>>69839952
The damage control is unreal.

What else you got? Don't think you've called me a Cuck yet.
>>
>>69840089
>damage control
Yea, you're going to have to walk me through the exact mental gymnastics that equate unbaised interpretation of promotional material is "controlling damage" against a certain product/image.
>>
>>69839964
so all those people who were laughed out of film can pretend they're real filmmakers now!
>>
>>69839816
>him
Anon, come on, you're not fooling anyone.
>>
>Father died
>child on the way
>Movie is gonna flop
JUST
>>
File: 1458109934893.gif (851 KB, 951x534) Image search: [Google]
1458109934893.gif
851 KB, 951x534
>>69840134
Why are you still here?
>>
>>69840296
13 years of skinner box reinforcement
>>
It's getting my money just so I know why it flopped if it does so. The thing I'm afraid of in this movie is the possible fan bias. I can sit there spotting a billion easter eggs, but someone that's never touched the RTS or MMO, let alone has never read the books or comics, they won't enjoy it as much for the little things. Hopefully it stands on its own without having any previous association on audience participation.
>>
>>69840371
>he thinks reading comissioned video game promotional material puts him on a level above anyone

fuck dude
>>
>>69835058
>You are pathetic
Says the person sperging out at someone because of their interests on an anime imageboard
>>
>>69833411
this.
>>
>>69840674
You read way too much into things. If there's a joke in LOTR that only translates from reading The Hobbit, the readers that get it upon first viewing are going to appreciate it more. Same for this movie - there are a lot of things that myself and others will enjoy that others won't just because they never played any of the games.
>>
>>69830220
As long as there are space goat futas with giant horsecocks it'll get my ten bucks.
>>
>>69831087
God that is so fucking idiotic.
>>
>>69837745

>youre either a hater or a mindless drone
>you cant just like the look of a movie
>you cant disagree with someone elses assessment of how a movie seems to be shaping up
>nevermind this is literally how groups of friends decide what movie to see together

2016 folks
>>
>>69830220

This is the dawn of vidyakino. 500 BILLION DOLLARS DOMESTIC
>>
>>69837745
Her tits really are spectacular.
>>
>>69835940
As a gigantic biofag, I literally constantly think about the awesomeness of a potential bioshock prequel series i've even tried to write a pilot several times
>>
File: 1460425220846.jpg (54 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
1460425220846.jpg
54 KB, 500x581
>>69832332
You sir are absolutely correct.
>>
>>69838075
That's his job description not the plot in the books.
Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.