[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched this movie last night. Are we seriously suppose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: AdDrHT04.jpg (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
AdDrHT04.jpg
84 KB, 512x512
So I just watched this movie last night. Are we seriously suppose to relate or sympathize with the main character?

They push that he's this unique person but he's no different than the your average drug dealer. At best he can be compared to A.J, the corrupt "Harvard graduate" who just uses his degree and legitimate business to hide his organized crime activities.

The main character isn't a 'Harvard man', like the movie points out he's just a smarter than average nigger who'll end up using his own degree to hide his large scale criminal activities.

Also fuck this movie for assuming that a white person with good grades and SAT score just automatically get into Harvard.
>>
>>69825310
the movie was produced by a group of famous millionaire blacks
it had no chance of being a genuine story
>>
>Are we seriously suppose to relate or sympathize with the main character?

Is this a thing we are suppose to do? I've enjoy plenty of film that had no real connection to me.
>>
>>69825310

>Watching a movie about niggers in the first place

There's your problem. You played yourself.

You're better off pretending coon garbage like this doesn't exist like everyone else
>>
>>69826170
Why are you so angry anon?
>>
>>69825310
>>69825362
>>69826170
all me btw
>>
>>69825310
This movie is not that bad. There are parts where it's a little hard to suspend belief (like that white guy that talks really really low and turns out to be the counselor AND a drug dealer) but it is a fun movie.
and yeah this movie was not made for hicks.
>>
>>69826710
THIS ISNT ME!!
>>
>>69826170
Am I the only one that starts giggling when they see someone angrily call a black person a raccoon

I live in central America so this too funny to me
>>
This is a prime example of a film with a great first half, with a second half that ruins the whole movie. Cringed really hard during that finale where he asked if he was white would they be asking if he's a good fit for harvard.
>>
You are supposed to sympathize with him cause he's a good black boy who dindu nuffin and had no choice and you're a while boy who forced it upon him
>>
>>69825439
It was enjoyable, but I just didn't agree with the message it was trying to push that the main character Malcolm was any better than the rest of the ghetto trash. At best he's like the drug dealer counselor who just becomes a more large scale drug shipper who launders the money through his legal activities.

It feels like if Scarface tried to push that deep down Tony Montana was still just a hard working dish washer, after he's already made his drug empire.
>>
Initially, I felt like I was watching a 2015 version of Friday. Then it got all sjw.
>>
>>69827405
Realistically are the cops actually incompetent or uncaring when it comes to ghetto snitches? I mean hell, if the main character just turned in the bricks of drugs and snitched on Dom would the cops set him and his mom in witness protection so that some neighborhood thug doesn't gun them down for snitching?
>>
>>69825310
Only one good part about the dog shit movie and it's that chick's fucking banging ass nude scene
>>
>>69827543
they don't - at the end of the movie he talks about duality of man or whateva. tb h i didnt get the message, p good thou
>>
>>69825310
There's literally nothing wrong with being a drug dealer. You can get a degree in it and do it for the government.
>>
>>69827349
Agreed.
>Would you really ask that question if I was white?

Fucking yes they would, they ask everyone that.
>>
>>69827836
But it's stated as if being academically gifted absolves being a high end drug dealer. It doesn't, it just makes him a smart nigger who at best got into Harvard by corrupt means and at worse will be the next face that rules over the stupid niggers on the streets.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.