[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>searching for a big ass TV to buy >everythingisexpensive.png
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Projector-1.jpg (114 KB, 1600x1254) Image search: [Google]
Projector-1.jpg
114 KB, 1600x1254
>searching for a big ass TV to buy
>everythingisexpensive.png
>hey, why not buy a projector instead
Less expensive, but there is some faggotry with the lamp having to be replaced by the price of a new one every 3000 hours of use but it is kinda cheaper apparently considering that a big ass TV would cost double of it. Assuming that I watch TV 3 hours a day, it will take 3 years until I need to replace it.

What does /tv/ thinks of projectors?
>>
>>69823132
I have an old one that's worked well for years
Use t for video games when a lot of people are over
Fantastic playing street fighter wth it
>>
Get an entry level Epson Projector 6000 hour long bulb life, it will take you a really long time to burn it.
>>
>>69823132

I have one that does 3D and is 1080p. Was only $500 Works great, big screen. Use it when I'm feeling cinematic.

Haven't needed to replace the bulb yet. Not even close and I've had it for a couple years.
>>
>>69823132
I have one because i don't have a tv, replaced the lamp after 6 years. Worth it
>>
>>69823132
I have a nice HD projector for watching kino, only thing is you need a room that can be reliably dark for it to work.
>>
Easier than hauling around a big ass tv if you have to move
>>
Using the Benq 1200 as a computer monitor basically, where this reply box is roughly the size of my head right now.

I replaced the lamp 3 times now, because it's on like 8-12 hours every day, I sometimes even just leave it on projecting while I go to work, because I don't give any fucks.

One of the lamps lasted more than 6000 hours, and went up to like 9000 until the projector just didn't want to boot anymore. Costs only $120 to replace for this model, and physically takes about 10min work to replace, where 8 minutes is spent lugging a fucking table desk under it so I can reach it with my hands.

I'll be buying a 4k one next. Sony is the only that has one right now, and it's mighty tempting even at $7000 it's going for.

Truth be told, I'd pay $700 every fucking year to keep having this one, if the lamp cost that much. Once you go projec, everything else is small as fuck. The $6000 TV's in stores look like child toys to me, I can't believe anyone would watch anything on screens that are smaller than 100".

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>69823594
what model?
>>
File: Hot Pupper.jpg (144 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Hot Pupper.jpg
144 KB, 1024x768
>>69823132
I have a 50" tv and it cost me $300. That's not exactly expensive.

It's not HUGE huge but the distance from my couch to my tv is only about 13 feet, so it suits me just fine. I dunno OP you can get a decent tv with good whites/blacks for a reasonable price imo, but I guess it depends on the layout of your living room or entertainment area.

I'd be happy with a 20" tv if I was like in an RV sitting a few feet away from it.
>>
File: CSfwhxSUAAAZ9I8.jpg (41 KB, 381x449) Image search: [Google]
CSfwhxSUAAAZ9I8.jpg
41 KB, 381x449
>>69823899
>>
HD projectors are fantastic - games look amazing filling your wall - but they pump out a lot of heat and you need a sound bar.
>>
>>69823966
Must be this:

http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-HD141X-1080p-Theater-Projector/dp/B00MK39P92/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1463858125&sr=1-1&keywords=Optoma+1080p
>>
>>69823132

best decision ive made. got a an Epson eh-tw5100 - 120inch screen now for under $700, 3D and 1080p too - the bulb lasts 6000 hours and picture quality was a lot higher than expected

never going back to TV and means i dont have to endure the public at the theater anymore.
>>
you can now get projectors that dont have bulbs, they use lazers. last 30,000 hours
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.