[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me objectively,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: The Prestige.jpg (52 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
The Prestige.jpg
52 KB, 400x600
who was the better magician?
>>
>>69818491
Bale
>>
>>69818526
His tricks were fake.
>>
Bale is the better magician but Jackman is the better performer.
>>
>>69818491
Bale
>>
>>69818556
>tricks
>fake

Wait, you're telling me magic is real? It's not just parlor tricks full of deception.
>>
>>69818652
Jackman steals the work of others and passes it off as his own. He relies on the rivalry much more and is so more easily replaceable - a mere place holder.
>>
>>69818828
I'm asking which qualities make for an objectively better magician.

If you got a real trick and hide the scientific advancement from the world, does holding that work hostage for your own advancement make you a better magician more so than relying on tricks of perspective.
>>
>>69818491
Reminder that if ScarJo had been replaced by Emily Blunt this would have been a 10/10.

Reminder that ScarJo is a talentless, fish-lipped whore who ruins everything she's in, even capeshit.
>>
>>69819148
You can't fall for independent woman Blunt, you have to tame her and her hard body might not be worth it. Plumpy-doe-eyes on the other hand comes across as a better spy-slut.
>>
>>69819148
agreed
>>
>>69819313
So cast an actual English ho with a big ass instead of that cunt.
>>
>>69818491
The one who could magically summon double digits.
>>
>>69818556
lmao
>>
I would say Bale (don't ask me to remember his characters name)

His lack of showmanship is not as great as it is shown in the film. After he killed Jackmans lover on stage he was forced to play terrible gigs.
On top of that the "fake" bullet incident forced him to show his greatest trick in his sleeve earlier than he would have liked to, even though it was, as he mentioned several times, not ready, AND not to forget CRIPPLED him, forcing him to concentrate on actually pulling off normal tricks.

Jackman wasn't a talentless hack, but he had great support by Micheal Caines character, a talented engineer, and ScarLos character, who was a very talented assistent, who boosted the showmanship of every partner she had (especially the one of Bale, who had a significant spike in a short amount of time, just after she joined him).
Oh, and in the end he kinda owned "real" magic which was GIVEN to him by Tesla. Comparing that to Bales magic is kinda like comparing Bale to Harry Potter.
>>
>>69818491
not Nolan
>>
>>69818491
Nikola Tesla

Also this movie was the best science fiction movie about cloning since Moon
>>
>>69818491
Bale. Jackman even admitted it,
>>
Reminder Jackman didn't die at the end because it was actually a clone
>>
>>69821776
Orginal Jackman died like the 3 time he used the machine
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.