[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Compare a 1975 film to a 1985 film >You can see there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 11.jpg (75 KB, 653x659) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
75 KB, 653x659
>Compare a 1975 film to a 1985 film
>You can see there is a vast technical improvement
>You can actively identify which movie is set in which decade

>Compare a 1985 film to a 1995 film

>Compare a 1995 film to a 2005 film

>Compare a 2005 film to a 2016 film
>The 2016 film looks even worse because of shitty filters, and the majority of practical effects and sets are replaced by CGI shit
>The only way you can identify which film is from which decade is by how much forced diversity and leftist shit is in it

Where did it all go wrong, /tv/?
>>

>>
>watch """"kino""""
>looks like it's filmed with 1930s technology
>>
That's complete bullshit though you fucking idiot.
>>
>>69811779
I agree with OP.

The one thing that's always confused be though is that the '70s had the worst looking movies. Almost everything from that decade is a grainy looking piece of shit while there are films from the '30s to the '60s that all look much better.

What was up with that?
>>
>>69812134

Different type of film being used I would imagine. Maybe they used film with a higher ISO?
>>
>watch different movies from all those times
>some are good
>some are total shit
>>
>>69811709
District 9 and Avatar didn't do shit

Obama ruined movies

Thanks Obama
>>
>>69812134
It was after the collapse of the Hollywood movie industry. The big films of the 70s were made by newcomers.
>>
>>69812134
Its always creeped me out. It feels like I'm getting ready to watch a snuff film.
>>
>>69811779

except it isnt you autist.

the production value of something like Saving Private Ryan or Gladiator is either equal to, or better than pretty much everything made after 2005. That plus horrible casting choices make it obvious that movies have taken a step back.

I realize that is all about the money at the end of the day, but at least they used to try to make a quality product instead of just shitting on a plate because they know assholes will eat it up anyway
>>
>>69812134
>What was up with that?

30s was big hollywood productions

70s is when they started letting these no name kids make their edgy movies on a shoestring budget by comparison.
>>
File: umm_uhhhh_aaaahhh.gif (2 MB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
umm_uhhhh_aaaahhh.gif
2 MB, 300x228
>>69811657
We've reached the end, anon

They don't care because they know the global culling of the masses will begin in less than a decade. The informed and privileged owners already have a room reserved in one of the underground cities. Same reason the basic surface infrastructure isn't being repaired, the formerly subtle and hidden agendas and messages behind the mainstream news articles and youth TV programming are becoming lazily obvious, the western political circus has the public more polarized than ever encouraging violent infighting when the power goes out, the hoarding of resources by the informed economic elite, all because the fear of exposure and resistance is no longer a restriction. The scheduled extermination of 95% of the surplus population of now useless human livestock is just around the corner.
>>
True, except you can always tell when recent movies are set because of dated references and the profusions of touch screens.
>>
File: thePolarExpress.jpg (89 KB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
thePolarExpress.jpg
89 KB, 1200x500
>Compare a 1995 film to a 2005 film
>You can see horrible over reliance on mediocre CG considered "technical advancement"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.