[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was it kino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
was it kino?
>>
yeah, but the compromised edit left it at lesser-kino, almost-kino
>>
has anyone seen this without any knowledge of the book? was it easy or hard to follow?
>>
>>69806668
Incomprehensible.
>>
>>69806668
ive never read the book but i love lynch and am willing to not know how the plot works

i think it was pretty simplified though so you would at least know who the good guys/bad guys are and what they're fighting for
>>
What are some of the great vaporkino films aside from Jodorowsky's Dune?
>>
Dude from Toto did a fantastic job with the soundtrack.
>>
>>69806668

I was 13 years old when I saw this fucking movie, and it blew my goddamn mind.

I had no idea what was going on, but it was fucking awesome.

I read the book soon after, and finally everything made sense (kind of). I was upset that the shout-lasers weren't in the book.
>>
There's alot of talk about Jodorowsky Dune. But what about Ridley Scott's unmade Dune? Ridley wanted Paul to fuck his mother Jessica and the girl be his daughter.
>>
File: 1432187842381.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1432187842381.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>>69806971
>>
>>69806949
Morgan Stanley's Island of Dr.Moureau
>>
>>69806971
Love the soundtrack. I also like the set and costume designs and the special effects are good too.

I like the hammy acting and dialog for camp value, but the story itself is not terribly great.
>>
>>69806504
DUDE SPICE LMAO
>>
>>69807151
it was lynch's first big budget so the art production he should probably get credit for
>>
File: Fremen-1984.jpg (125 KB, 529x300) Image search: [Google]
Fremen-1984.jpg
125 KB, 529x300
>>69806504
>was it kino?
Sure, it had its charms.

>>69807320
>first big budget
Yeah, but the studio fucked with him relentlessly.

There are elements of it that I really liked. I thought that the book was very strange, so Lynch's style made perfect sense to me. I thought that the design of world (particularly Arrakis and all the left-over Harkonen architecture and objects) was great; Lynch's Fremen still-suits are by far my favourite, even though the ones from the Sci-Fi Channel mini-series make more sense in the context of a desert people.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.