[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Man in Black Fled Across the Desert and Edris Elba Followed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 300x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 300x459
The Man in Black Fled Across the Desert and Edris Elba Followed
>>
Why do they have to blackwash Roland Deschain? He is so specifically depicted in the books as a white man that his color becomes a major plot point in The Drawing of Three.
>>
I'm okay with this.

While Roland is clearly visually described as looking like Clint Eastwood -- white -- that is part of a harkening to the Western genre that is only superficial. It's quickly revealed in The Gunslinger that the world is post apocalyptic, and all kinds of fucked up -- not the West at all.

Elba's a solid action actor, and I don't see any real problem with making Roland black, aside from a need to rewrite Odetta Holmes dialogue.
>>
It's good that Deschain is black because it finally opens up the possibility of showing a racist white person on film for probably the first time.
>>
WE
>>
WUZ
>>
>>69804092
>dialogue
I think you mean character.
>>
>>69804234
COWBOIZ
>>
>>69804139

ha
>>
i don't have a problem with Roland being black and i think Elba is fantastic...

... but i had this ridiculous, all-consuming hope that, since Eastwood is too old and his sons aren't quite right (imo), Kevin Bacon would be cast. god, that would have been perfect.

Iain Glen would have also been acceptable.
>>
>>69804275
Garret Dillahunt desu
>>
>>69804092

honestly they could remove the entire story
just like get the black idrizi to put the dark tower in his ass the tower is the man in black's dick that's why he's called the man in black because his man meat is in black idrizi and the man meat is extension of his manliness so the man itself is in the blackness of black idrizi's black hole that is his anal cavity

this is black man opressing the white man because black idrizi is a power bottom he powers his bottom from the top of the dark tower which is the man in black's dick

*tumblr snaps fingers in glee*
>>
>>69804275

what about aragon
>>
>>69804092
cuck
>>
File: mdossiye.jpg (118 KB, 690x720) Image search: [Google]
mdossiye.jpg
118 KB, 690x720
>>
>>69803508
>the Man of Black
>>
Who was casted as Odetta/Susannah? I have a suspicion, probably Elba was casted because having a racist black character was not allowed, so they decided to swap the races of Roland and Susannah.
>>
Sick of this meme actor, fucking no range
>>
>>69807527
I kinda figured they'd just have Detta be all 'Youse a race traitor' and shit and be done with it.
>>
>>69807594
Maybe. But why the news about Elba have spread long time ago, but no word about the other actors? They are filming right now and every gossip is focusing on him.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.