[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Status: HAPPENING Finally, progress in TV shows. https://ww
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 16
File: Harmful tropes.jpg (573 KB, 982x2283) Image search: [Google]
Harmful tropes.jpg
573 KB, 982x2283
Finally, progress in TV shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWHo_72a-g
>>
File: Behead those who insult Lexa.jpg (115 KB, 594x800) Image search: [Google]
Behead those who insult Lexa.jpg
115 KB, 594x800
Posted in another thread:
>Murphy finds a realdoll at Becca's boyfriend's mansion and Clarke implants Lexa's consciousness into it with the Flame. Screencap this
>>
Jesus fucking Christ Lexa is dead, get over it and move on
>>
File: 1460248889597.png (375 KB, 493x653) Image search: [Google]
1460248889597.png
375 KB, 493x653
>LGBT fans deserve better
>>
>We want more queer characters
>We want no queers to get hurt
>We want no queers to die
>We want invincible queer characters
>We want no queer antagonists
>We deserve this.
>>
So they want gays in tv to be immortal

Just like how feminists want women in GTA to be immortal.
>>
Tese fucks got plenty representation. Still got stronk gays in Jessica Jones and both Walking Deads. Jesus... Soon enough the Hound will come out as a Peter puffer.
>>
Thanks for the spoilers, Shaunna, you dumb cunt.
>>
>>69802859
Imagine if these guys existed when Renly died, they'd have to rewrite the whole series.
>>
File: shrug.png (110 KB, 446x310) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
110 KB, 446x310
>>69802533
>LGBT are a small minority of the population
>LGBT have the highest rate suicide
>are also a minority of move/tv shows charcters
>and probably hold a similar percentage of being killed off

were getting our accurate representation i guess?
seriously though those people need to get a fucking life, if your sexuality defines you so much as a person that this stuff like this causes you to get this offended you need to get off the internet and get a reality check
>>
Have straight characters ever died in The 100?

If so, what the fuck are they whining about?
>>
>>69802533
>Lexa ded
>Gay male couple both alive at the end of the season
THEY ARE KILLING ALL THE GAYS ON TV!!!!!!!

I know these people are retarded but come the fuck on, when will they be pleased when there are no straight people on tv?
>>
File: 1462373230130.gif (1 MB, 531x560) Image search: [Google]
1462373230130.gif
1 MB, 531x560
>>69802721
Please, my smug animu girl folder can only take so much Takagi
>>
>WHY AREN'T GAYS REPRESENTED ON YOUR SHOW?
uhhh.... Okay. Here's one.
>WHY IS THEIR SEXUALITY THE ONLY INTERESTING THING ABOUT THEM?
well, in the scope of the show, it doesn't matter, but you wanted them to be gay.
>WHY AREN'T THEY MORE IMPORTANT IN THE SHOW?
fine. Bam, leading role.
>WHY ARE THEY TREATED DIFFERENTLY? WE WANT TO BE TREATED JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE.
Alright.
>WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT!?!?!?
but you wanted...
>TREAT US THE SAME, BUT DIFFERENT, SHITLORD! REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
>>
File: cuckold ally.jpg (40 KB, 468x547) Image search: [Google]
cuckold ally.jpg
40 KB, 468x547
>>69803050
probably because when they said they wanted lgbt representation. they wanted fleshed out characters who stop the pacing of the show to go on 10 minute long monologues about how hard it is to be trans, and how it makes them stronger than straight people, or something and using it as an oppurtunity to teach the viewers at home how to be an ally
>>
>>69802533

The 100 makes a point of no-one being happy for long. If ever.

I don't know what show they thought they were watching to base their expectations on.

That being said the way they killed Lexa off was pretty dumb. "Mmm, nice bang session, Clarke. What's going on in this room? Oh, bullets."

It's not like they needed to have her go down after single-handedly killing an army of thousands or whatever but that scene was pretty clumsy, especially considering how good the rest of the season was.
>>
If any of you haven't seen it, the pledge they want all tv people to sign is insane
>We will ensure that any significant or recurring LGBTQ characters we introduce, to a new or pre-existing series, will have significant storylines with meaningful arcs.
>When creating arcs for these significant or recurring characters we will consult with sources within the LGBTQ community, like queer writers or producers on staff, or members of queer advocacy groups like GLAAD, The Trevor Project, It Gets Better, Egale, The 519, etc.
>We recognise that the LGBTQ community is underrepresented on television and, as such, that the deaths of queer characters have deep psychosocial ramifications.
>We refuse to kill a queer character solely to further the plot of a straight one.
>We acknowledge that the Bury Your Gays trope is harmful to the greater LGBTQ community, especially to queer youth. As such, we will avoid making story choices that perpetuate that toxic trope.
>We promise never to bait or mislead fans via social media or any other outlet.
>We know there is a long road ahead of us to ensure that the queer community is properly and fairly represented on TV. We pledge to begin that journey today.
A bunch of nobodies signed it, mostly people from some Canadian show "Saving Hope".
>>
this is seriously pathetic
>>
Make your own show, seriously. Get a camera film some shit, put it on youtube.
>>
>>69803326
It's called "my name is Cait" or some shit , and it's tanking.
>>
File: 1462024692760.png (310 KB, 478x258) Image search: [Google]
1462024692760.png
310 KB, 478x258
>>69803283
My God, this is Totalitarianism.

They're telling people how to make art
>>
holy shit. people are spending money to protest against fictional gay people being murdered on TV? are we in some sort of wonder age where all real problems of the world were solved so we have to resort to protest against problems in fantasyland? last I check, REAL gay people were still being murdered for being gay (wich from what i can gather is not even the case here, since the gay people in the TV show seems to have died from regular old no-gender-biased murder).
>>
>>69803283
Well at least we can blame Canada for this one
>>
>>69802533

>Progress
>Gays: "WE WANT EQUALITY!"
>Gay character gets killed off on a TV show very few people watch
>Gays: "WE WANT SPECIAL TREATMENT!"

Make up your minds, faggots.
>>
File: 1445947523418.jpg (70 KB, 500x428) Image search: [Google]
1445947523418.jpg
70 KB, 500x428
>>69803536
Pic related. This is basically your answer.
>>
>>69803283
they any chance in hell of actual studios signing
>>
File: 1463027335994.jpg (56 KB, 446x602) Image search: [Google]
1463027335994.jpg
56 KB, 446x602
>>69803536
Anon, this is the first world.

No one cares about out there. Out there is the land of Blacks and assorted PoC who can't be held responsible for the intolerance instilled in them by the wretched White colonials.

Only White people can bring Tolerance to this world.
>>
File: Libhouse.jpg (77 KB, 1032x554) Image search: [Google]
Libhouse.jpg
77 KB, 1032x554
>>69802533
What we force onto your TV from the privacy of our own homes is none of your business, homophobic, breeder scum.
>>
>>69803446
fishmouth
iii
sss
hhh
mmm
ooo
uuu
ttt
hhh
>>
>>69803536

Yeah I think it goes to show how a lot of internet 'activism' is more about having an excuse to be indignant about something that doesn't really require any effort than about actually addressing real injustices. It also seems to be based on some really questionable pseudoscience. What exactly is the proof that gay characters dying in TV shows (and not even necessarily dying specifically because they are gay) has any effect on how gays are treated IRL? I think it's a problem that a lot of gays are still assaulted/bullied/etc but the idea that TV shows that don't actually have some kind of anti-gay message cause that behavior is charitably an unproved theory.
>>
>>69802533
Is this the largest amount of butthurt from a character dying ever? I'm trying to think of what second place would be.
>>
>>69803648
I live in a third world shit-hole. but if this kind of shit is what i can expect if my country ever becomes rich, i'd rather never see it.
as bad as things are over here we tend to try to solve real problems. people really don't give a fuck if there are gays, blacks, whites and non-CIS-gendered LGBTQSQY persxns being murdered. we just care about the fact that there are loads of people being murdered PERIOD.
>>
>>69802533
Are the mentally ill the new monarchs? If not someone will have to explain why everyone is pandering and literally break their back to please .1% of the nation.
>>
>>69802533
>showrunner Jason (((Rothenberg)))

Every single time
>>
>>69803903
But the showrunner was the horrid shitlord
>>
>>69802533
I don't get it. Are trans people killing themselves because their favourite character died? Because you know if it's going to cause massive suicide then having trans characters doesn't seem like a good idea at all
>>
File: 2016-05-21_00-51-56.jpg (59 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-21_00-51-56.jpg
59 KB, 480x800
Kek
>>
What a bunch of whining little pussies. Billboards LOL.

This country is fucked.
>>
>Gamerkuk chimpout was good
>Lexafags chimpout is bad
Yeah, no.
You faggots don't have the high ground on this, even less after your 180 on the AVGN just for being neutral.
faggots.
>>
>>69803997
Well every trans person I've interacted with has had a lush cornucopia of mental disorders so I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
File: arKQbyp_700b_v1.jpg (82 KB, 600x626) Image search: [Google]
arKQbyp_700b_v1.jpg
82 KB, 600x626
>>69802533
as a 20 y/o girl, growing up really scares me
>>
File: clarke period.gif (1 MB, 245x135) Image search: [Google]
clarke period.gif
1 MB, 245x135
As a homosexual female I don't feel nearly offended or attacked as all these tumblr ess-jay-dubs. But I'd kill for Lexa to come back. The 100 is too fucking good and her character had a lot of presence compared to some shallow shit plot device like Octavia/Jaha/Jasper. Here death was also poorly handled and awful and the reunion was just alright.

I really enjoyed their relationship as a contrast in character development, but also their submersion in new culture.
>>
>>69803837

Better hope they never kill off Brienne of Tarth.
>>
>>69804095
What? Are you talking about the Ghostbusters thing?
>>
What the fuck. Why do they think their sexuality gives them any entitlement?

And it's really fucking pathetic to rely on television shows and media representation to feel like you're a part of society. Especially a show this bad.
>>
File: laughing_whore.gif (914 KB, 215x400) Image search: [Google]
laughing_whore.gif
914 KB, 215x400
>>69803998
>>
>>69802948
I expect some shit when loras dies(or maybe he won't die due to all this shit)
>>69802989
repost till everyone in the world has seen it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmSVj4q3QaE
its a serious issue
>>
>>69803283

Yes comrade, only state approved propaganda is allowed.
>>
>>69804120
Kill yourself dyke. Lexa was a retard and her betrayal forced Clarke and Bellamy to murder innocent people, then Clarke just goes and has sex with her. Yeah, great character.
>>
>>69804151
They want to be treated like everyone else, but define themselves solely as LGBTQRSTUV*#`, instead of as a Doctor or a banker or a fan of Horticulture.

That's a problem, to them these characters are LGBT, not a character.

As long as that is their defining trait, there's no helping them.
>>
>>69804120
>homosexual
Why are you fucking perverts not shot dead on the spot?
>>
File: 100-73.png (510 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
100-73.png
510 KB, 422x750
>>69804258
Not today.

They were a group of people who needed to kill grounders and/or sky people to thrive and with each generation they'd need to repeat if they lacked the blood. They killed innocents first.

The point of The 100 echo'd constantly and literally stated: maybe there are no good guys.
>>
>>69804258

>define perverse instanciation
>it's when you do something really shitty in the name of the greater good
>oh you mean like the time Lexa broke her word and screwed the allied forces over
>yep, this is why ALIE 2.0 is better than ALIE, she doesn't do that shit

what the actual fuck
>>
>>69804258
Despite all the praise, literally nothing I've heard about this show actually makes it sound good, at all.

Does all of the stupid shit just somehow work well together?
>>
>>69804303
I have a question, if it's called the lesbian, gay, trans and queer alliance then how so many straight women form part of it? Why does it deal with racism? And why does it fight for gender equality?
>>
>>69804258
Don't forget, Lexa basically gave Clarke no choice but to stab her boyfriend in the heart or let him be tortured be savage grounder scum
>>
>>69802533
>two months later
>still mad

Yeah I was mad. For like a week.

Move on to another fucking show. Or stop watching TV if it triggers you so hard. What happened to simply ignoring things that don't deserve your attention?

>but this is important and deserving of everyone's attention, shitlord

It's fucking television. Grow the hell up. You're spending thousands of dollars to bring to the real world a stupid internet fit about television. That's how autistic you are.
>>
>>69804400
Because as long as it's anti-straight white male, it's all the same to them
>>
But who will stand up for all of the black people killed in horror movies? Where were the billboards for them? Fucking racists.
>>
>>69802948

Gay men aren't lgbt enough anymore.
>>
File: 911.png (321 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
911.png
321 KB, 600x463
>LGBT fans deserve better
No you deserve equality, not a fucking thing beyond that.
Equality means your characters are expendable like any other supporting character in film & tv.
>>
>>69804389

You're on /tv/, anon. Of course people are going to take things out of context, memepost, and harp on about why thing X is literally the worst thing ever.

The first few episodes (and indeed general premise) of the show are pretty retarded. Space people are sending adolescents down planetside to see if Earth is survivable, are you fucking kidding me? But eventually they smooth over the worst of the retardation and things get good from half-way through the first season onwards.

If you're willing to suffer through some early episodes that are pretty flawed things do pick up.
>>
>>69804476
>you deserve equality
No.

They are mentally ill
>>
>>69804389
I tried to give it a chance at least 3 times. the show is shit and no better than Revolution (TV Series 2012–2014)
>>
>>69804120
Bitch, she left the show so she can play a main role and get more money on a different one. She ain't coming back, and the writers/producers had to kill the character off.
>>
are there any sexy panty scenes in this show please respond
>>
>>69804471
>White men aren't lgbt enough anymore.
FTFY you have to be a woman of color to have your opinion matter in the new victim culture.
>>
>>69804476
Their sexuality makes them less valuable then normal people. Giving them equal rights just makes them more of a burden on everyone else.
>>
>>69802533
Mentally imbalanced decadent freaks.

It's fucking television.

We're spoiled citizens essentially the contemporary equivalent of citizens of Classical Greece, and as history's inevitable peasants and slaves toil away in distant obscurity for our comfort, they cry like babies about fucking television characters that share their arbitrary bedroom proclivities being made flawless Mary Sues to gratify and stroke their broken, troubled egos.

Fuck every one of them. Give these people HELL.
>>
>>69804476
>>69804498

This.

They deserve the equality of a mentally ill person, to be sectioned; and treated for their ailments.

Not have them fucking normalised.
>>
>>69804211
That video isn't a parody?

People being weepy and making butthurt faces at the camera is not going to make me sympathetic to their cause. It comes across like a Tim and Eric skit.
>>
>>69804543
I know why she left. Makes her send off no less shit.
>>
>>69803903
The best thing about this is hopefully the continued bad press will get rothenberg removed or otherwise nerfed as showrunner. dude is retarded.
>>
>>69802533
Why do they think they deserve to decide what happens on a TV show

I mean that says it all doesnt it? power-drunk assholes.
>>
>>69804740
some apologist claim its parody but in the typical ideologue way of "yeah they are kind of joking but if you really think about it they have a point, its a serious issue" you can even see some comments saying it.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.