[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a powerful piece of cinema and I think that It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 1440x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 1440x612
This is a powerful piece of cinema and I think that It's one of the greatest films since 2000.

It's not perfect, but it's a diamond in the rough.
In some ways, the rough is what makes it so great. It's not a squeaky clean corporate product.
It's one wierdo's crazy vision of a conflicted man's descent into hell.

This will be remembered as an achievement in pop art long after the Disney Wars have faded into the ether.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD0I5DlvuTU

I agree OP.
>>
It will also be remembered as that movie that told us why using first generation HD cameras for Hollywood productions was a bad idea.
>>
File: mpiyjyqd.jpg (118 KB, 690x720) Image search: [Google]
mpiyjyqd.jpg
118 KB, 690x720
>>
>>69797903
Best score
Best scenery
Best combat

It's objectively better than VII in any way
>>
File: wifiu.jpg (59 KB, 1352x1014) Image search: [Google]
wifiu.jpg
59 KB, 1352x1014
Post star wars waifu
>>
>>69799834
>>
3 was great but 1 and 2 were abysmal, 1 especially, 2 is ok if you remove the sappy muh romance shit and focus on the discovery of kamino, fight with jango, and capture on geonosis and their rescue.

3 is pretty damn great though, the music, the slow drifting apart, Palpatines final plans brought into motion, the epic way the Empire is formed, and the Order 66 scene that gives you chills and almost makes you tear up with its haunting score. Ewan McGregors acting is top notch too and manages to save the film at times, that applies to Episode 2 as well.
>>
>>69800639
Also how could I forget to mention the final confrontation between Anakin and Obi Wan, the fight itself drew out too long but the initital part and the small talk they have before the fight is great.
>>
>>69797903
Certainly the strongest of the 3 prequels, but the other 2 films being shit absolutely diminishes my enjoyment of the film.
>>
Anyone who saw this in theaters remembers the "NOOOOOOOO!!!" and how terribly long it was. For those so young they only saw it on DVD, the scene was shortened and they added Yoda landing on Dagobah.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.