[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realize the opening to RotS is basically the plane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 1463786822154.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463786822154.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>tfw you realize the opening to RotS is basically the plane scene except about six times longer
>>
>>69797696
Holy shit you're right.
>>
fuck him up anakin
>>
>>69797696
>is basically the plane scene except about six times longer
what plane scene
>>
>>69797774
for you
>>
>>69797696
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I SHALL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU COULD POSSIBLY IMAGINE
>>
Based sheev and based grivous
>>
>>69797774
>being this new
>>
>>69797846
*strikes you down*
>>
>>69797993
* ANAKIN! ANAKIN! NOOOOOOOO! *
>>
>>69797696
>anakin holding both a sith and jedi lightsaber symbolizes the internal ideological battle in his head

lucas was a kino master
>>
>>69798228
>all dark side of the force users have red lightsabers
this is lazyness as its peak moment
>>
>>69798368
Red is the universal symbol for passion, violence, and anger. It's symbolizes eveything the sith stand for.

2deep4u
>>
>>69798368
Grivious had blue and green lightsabres slobadon mybroskevich
>>
>>69798228
They're also crossed, and this was the major "crossroads" moment of Anakins fall; to kill or not to kill Dooku.

I can understand why people don't like the prequels but you have to at least admit they're not complete shit.
>>
>>69797696

Six times better too
>>
>>69797696
>Getting caught in the enemy hanger was part of Anakin and Obi-Wan's plan
>Getting caught was part of Sheev's plan
>Getting caught was part of R2D2's plan
>Crashing the spaceship with no survivors
>Grevious uses some convoluted trick to escape the destroyed ship
>Sheev's master plan makes no sense when you stop and think about it
>clunky dialogue that's easily quotable
>fight scenes try to be exciting but end up awkward and confusing
>>
File: BaneAndCheese.jpg (192 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BaneAndCheese.jpg
192 KB, 1280x720
>>69797774
Dude, I literally started coming here two days ago
>>
>>69797846
WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
File: normies.jpg (70 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
normies.jpg
70 KB, 618x564
>>69798548
LEAVE
>>
>>69798469
Stolen lightsabers from dead Jedis.
When Obi-Wan and Ani are given lightsabers by two background Jedis (don't ask why they have a pair of lightsabers each one), did those lightsabers have red blades)? No.

Had Grievous been a force user, he would have been called Darth Icky and... he have had a red lightsaber.
>>
>>69798469
grevius wasnt a sith or even force sensitive
>>
>>69798577
I'll leave as soon as I get a mac and cheese.
>>
>anakin kills Dooku
>gets on the pedestal when Windu tries to kill Sheev

what a hypocritical little shit I'm glad he got his limbs chopped off
>>
>>69798689
He wasn't doing it to be nice. He was doing it because Sheev was his only chance to save Padme.

You fucking pleb.
>>
>>69798521
So let’s discuss what happens here. Palpatine has been kidnapped by General Grievance, and the Jedi’s are there to rescue him. The entire sequence revolves around the moment when Anakin goes a little too far and cuts off Dooku’s head. So basically, as far as I’m concerned, at this point Anakin is Darth Vader, and getting burned and put inside the suit is just a formality. But several questions remain that aren’t told to the audience. AND I DON”T CARE IF IT WAS TOLD TO US IN A FUCKING BOOK OR WHATEVER!

1. Did Grievous actually attempt to kidnap Palpatine on his own? 2. Did Palpatine ALLOW Grievous to kidnap him, or did the two conspire together to stage the kidnapping? 3. If they conspired the kidnapping, was Dooku being killed part of the plan? If so, did Dooku have any say in this plan? 4. What if Dooku just happened to spill the beans about Palpatine being Sidious when he realized he was betrayed? What if Anakin DIDN’T kill Dooku after Palpatine SAID to kill him? Talk about awkward. 5. Did Grievous intend to kill Anakin and Obi-Wan, or was his plan to let them escape? If so, why wouldn’t he just leave their light sabers behind, somewhere? Like, in a safe or something, rather than bringing them with?

(Grievous) “Your light sabers will make a fine addition to my collection.” Oooohhh. He wanted to put them inside his coat with his other trophies. Ooohh. Well, being trained in the Jedi arts, doesn’t he know that Jedi’s can move things with their minds, and that displaying that he has a bunch of light sabers is probably not the best idea cuz then they’ll just do exactly… what they did? Ohh. But wait! There’s more!!!
>>
File: jaj1.webm (252 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jaj1.webm
252 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>69798766
Grievance sends his henchmen to attack them, and then for no reason, he walks outta the frame and does nothing off camera while the Jedi defeat the henchmen. Where is he going?? Why is he going over there?? What the hell is he doing?? Unless his plan was to escape, but then why bring them up to the control room? Why not keep them locked in the Ray Shield and then just leave so-… Aaahh!

Wait, Obi-Wan can just grab a light saber with his mind. Did they even need R2’s distraction? Oh wait, what if Anakin was having like a really bad day, and he was tired and unfocused, and then he accidentally got killed by one of those guys with the things. I guess Palpatine was secretly controlling Grievous and everyone’s actions in the control room, including Obi-Wan’s, Anakin’s, and all the robot guards fighting them. Cuz Anakin could have gotten killed. He could have gotten crushed by the elevator. But that doesn’t explain how stupid General Grievous acted.

Why not just keep them in the Ray Shield forever? But then you ge- oh… OH! Oh, Grievous doesn’t KNOW??? So wait, why didn’t Grievous just execute Palpatine so that he could win the war? Or kill Palpatine AND the Jedi’s when he captured them! Was he trying to get like a ransom? Did Sidious tell him to capture Plapatine so that he could lure the Jedi’s on board only to kill Dooku. (Greivous) "But the loss of Count Dooku!” Wait I guess not. Wouldn’t Sidious have WANTED the Jedi’s to escape? Arghh, I’m so confused. But wait! There’s more!
>>
>>69798798
In the first 5 minutes we’ve already gotten into territory where every single line and action makes no sense, again. First of all, once they rescue Palpatine he says, “Get help. You’re no match for him. He’s a Sith Lord.” Obi-Wan then turns and says something incredibly stupid. “Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our speciality.” (Anakin getting gibbed) Oh… sure they are!

His REAL response should have been, Wait… get help from WHERE? From WHO? Who on this ship could help us?! And how do you know he’s a Sith Lord? Or how do you even know what a Sith Lord is? Instead, the whole comment goes right over Obi-Wan’s heads. I guess Palpatine was controlling his mind right, to like make him stupider? (Obi-Wan and the gang trapped) “How did this happen? We’re smarter than this!”

Then after Dooku is dead, there’s a sudden urgency to get off the ship, when before there was no urgency at all. (Palpatine) “Leave him or we’ll never make it!” Why is there a sudden urgency to leave? (Palpatine) “Now we must leave, before more security droids arrive.” Oh, right, ya. Those security droids have always been a real problem… (Obi-wan cuts one down like it’s butter) (Palpatine) “There’s no time. We must get off this ship before it’s too late.” Anakin should really stop and say “Hold on. Before what’s too late? (Palpatine) “Leave him or we’ll never make it!” What’s the rush Chancellor? Y’know you’re acting like a weirdo. You know what a Sith Lord is. (Palpatine) “He’s a Sith Lord”. You’re telling me to cut off someone’s head. (Palpatine) “Kill him.” And then you’re telling me to leave Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi that we’ve all known for decades - (Palpatine) “Leave him or we’ll never make it!” – to die for no real reason when there’s no real hurry. We can’t take five minutes to pick his body up? You’re acting… kinda suspicious…
>>
>>69798828
But no. Our lead characters can’t form coherent thoughts or are intelligent enough to notice basic things like this. And then we as an audience are constantly sitting there asking ourselves questions about motivation and logic the entire film, because the script is a rushed sloppy mess that was written in a week. (George) “There you go! A first draft!” (Everyone cheers) “OFFICIAL first draft.” All these scenes, and all this shit, is just to get Anakin in the Darth Vader suit for no real reason at all, and people wonder why the prequels are bad, poorly –written films.

I stand by my statement that people that like these films are either drooling idiots that just like light sabers, or tiny babies (Johnny) “Anakin.”

Next we see our second usage of Backtracking, when we are reminded that Anakin was once a great pilot. (Obi-Wan) “He was the best star pilot in the Galaxy.” You see he knows how to say, “Open all hatches. Extend all flaps and drive fins.” He also tried spinning. That’s a good trick. “I’ll try spinning! That’s a good trick!” Wow… what a great and legendary pilot… Stop feeding us this pig slop!!! I’m only HALF pig. REEEEEEEEE

So then ignoring logic that a runway wouldn’t exist in a world where every craft can take off vertically, but on a planet that’s nothing but a city it’s a good thing they didn’t crash into a space orphanage! (Obi-Wan) “Another happy landing.”

Another happy landing?! What kinda crappy dialogue is that?
>>
>>69798743
Exactly, he had alternative motives but was still taking the high-and-mighty road when trying to talk Windu down.
>"You cant! He must stand trial!"
>"That's not the jedi way! He must live!"

therefore, he's a hypocritical little shit, because he's telling Windu not to do the same exact thing he did. He continues this ideological highroad in his final conversation with Obi-Wan, even though it's clear at that point he doesn't care about the galaxy and only wants power for himself.
>>
>>69797744
Heh.

>>69797696
I'll be fucked you're right.
>>
File: 1430263353423.jpg (169 KB, 859x492) Image search: [Google]
1430263353423.jpg
169 KB, 859x492
>>69797696
holy shit.
>>
File: 1450904320272.jpg (470 KB, 1000x1708) Image search: [Google]
1450904320272.jpg
470 KB, 1000x1708
Funny how this thread appears right after I finish watching RoTS.Why didn't Chewbacca ever mention fighting in the clone wars with Yoda,bros?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW4OIHDsWsM
>>
>>69799763
because bringing in old characters while making a prequel is fucking stupid and bound to create continuity errors
>>
>Anakin, General Grievous is a big guy and a powerful warrior. We must watch ourselves! Just stick to the fight plan.

Holy shit you're right.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.