[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIVERSITY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 17
are black folks over-represented in hollywood?

how come the idea of "diversity" of hollywood is "more black people"?
>>
>>69797348

IDK to be honest. We put black people in roles but not Asians or Indians so much.
>>
>>69797348
Yes.

Because helping blacks makes liberals feel good about themselves. The other races are too privileged.
>>
It's honestly because black people are the only ones pitching a fit.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
>>
Asians aren't fucking retarded screeching apes about their "lack of inclusion"
>>
Blacks are way over represented. Especially in English film and cinema.
>>
Yes and it's unironically white people's fault because you bend over whenever they have a bitchfit. They were slaves for hundreds of years and couldn't be bothered to free themselves, that should tell you what kind of fucking helpless plebs you're dealing with. Just tell them to stfu and make it clear you're not going to take their shit and they role over. Literally the most cowardly race on the planet (but whites are starting to catch up_
>>
blacks are over represented
So are whites
Latinos and Asians are underrepresented
In American cinema at least they did a study
>>
File: onesheet.jpg (51 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
onesheet.jpg
51 KB, 387x580
>oi, m8.
>we need someone to play an asian MIT student
>>
Bcuz they wuz kangz n shit
>>
black males are over represented

black women get absolutely nothing
>>
remake with filipino protagonist when?
>>
>>69797348
Fuck off white divide and conquer racist

Hollywood is 90%+, they are far more over represented. You want people to forget that and instead want minorities pitted against each other
>>
>>69797614
that's because asian social culture doesn't place an emphasis on victimization
>>
why is /tv/ so racist? why the hypocrisy on the casting of characters?
>>
>>69797348
it is just because the Asian community in America is very tiny compared to others.

The Highest minority is Latinos, so technically we should be asking, Why is it that even though there are MORE latinos in america than black people, how come there aren't more latino roles?
latinos make 20% of the population, Black people make up 13%,
Asians make like 6% or something
>>
File: 1297199080171.png (439 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
1297199080171.png
439 KB, 680x798
>>69797940
It's just /pol/ leaking. It'll die down again once trump loses the election.
>>
>>69798039
>pointing out blacks are represented more than other minorities is /pol/

nah but you are a faggot
>>
>>69797348
Does Hollywood really have enough "white" representation? I feel like it's nothing but jews as it stands currently.
>>
>>69798083
Have you read these comments? Those alone garner enough evidence of /pol leaking, ignoring the OP.

Even then, i dont understand the hard-on for trying to discredite minority outrage. Critiscism is fine, but most of the time there's an angsty pushback towards anything that might imply that white males arent the most important people on the planet.
>>
Aren't blacks like 14 percent of the american population
Shouldn't that mean 1 out of every 10 contemperary characters be black?
What about hispanic
There is a lot more of them iirc
>>
>>69798334
Those facts sure are an angsty backlash. Back to the kitchen, Rita.
>>
Guys why do black people complain so much?
>>
>>69798458
>statistics can never be misinterpreted by autists looking to strengthen their confirmation bias

Ignoring the questionable intergrity of most of the sources sighted, the narritive that "minorities are bad becuase of x therefore they should be ignored" is dismissive and leads to no healthy conversation other than a circle jerk on how minorities are awful.
>>
>>69798334
Maybe /pol/ isn't leaking, but instead, there is a far larger section of the population feels this way than you are willing to believe.
>>
>>69798422
>>There is a lot more of them iirc

No there isn't. Only white dudes on 4chan try and pass this stupid statement as true. There are dozens of shows released every year. Having a handful of black characters doesn't make them more than 1 in 10
>>
>>69798334

But white males /are/ the most important. It's thanks to them you don't live in a shithole. Take a look at any place in the world NOT run by white males. Africa? Pakistan? China? Do you need some more?

Get a clue, normie. Or better yet, go back to plebbit.
>>
>>69798856
>look at x country! Clearly white people are the best!

What a laughably ignorant thing to say.
>>
>>69798765
Nah, most people wouldnt call someone nigger on public telivision.
>>
>>69799053
But white countries are the best on the planet tho...
??
>>
>>69799053

Cool, man. Name just 1 Country not run by white people that is better than a Country that is.
>>
File: emojis2.jpg (221 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
emojis2.jpg
221 KB, 620x412
>>69798727
When a meme or other faggotry has been blown the fuck out with evidence over and over again it should be dismissed. Especially when said faggotry is regressive and does nothing but ensure the destruction of both the people that "need to be saved" and fact-based discussion on the underlying issues.

Careful with those Bachelor's level psych terms you're throwing around. You might just influence someone with your retardation.
>>
>>69798727
>all those shibboleths
>>
>>69799151
>ignoring all of eastern europe

You retarded?
>>
>>69798504
Because they're a self-hating mess. See the kangz and shit meme
>>
>>69797348

Black people are over represented in Hollywood. There doesn't need to be an equal number of black and white people in major roles for equality because there aren't an equal number of black and white people in America.
>>
>>69799258
>he says while posting nigger memes
>>
>>69799328
Eastern Europe is still better than most non European countries.
So are you retarded?
>>
>>69799120
I fucking would.
>>
>>69799451
>2016
>still being racist

wew lad
>>
File: 1356190763874.png (360 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1356190763874.png
360 KB, 449x401
>>69799487
>Eastern Europe is still better than most non European countries.
>>
>>69798838
No I'm saying there's a lot more latinos in real life so shouldn't they get more representatinon?
>>
>>69799252
Japan
>>
>>69799487
>Europe
>Run by white people
Sure thing, Ahmed.
>>
>>69799599

Wrong

And go back to /a/, faggot.
>>
>>69799752
What Slav shithole are you from?
>>
>>69799760

Canada

Now back to /a/.
>>
>>69799487
The idea proposed was that any country that is white is automatically better than any non-white country. Even in your statement by the use of "most", you give leway that there are some non-white countries better than white countries. As soon as you let even a single non white country be better than someplace shitty like romania, it proves the point that being white=/=automatic superiority.

This is ignoring the idea that nationalism can be scewed when you compare the view point of someone who lives the US with someone living in a country like Japan. Self awerness of your place in the world is a valuable asset to have.

Ive met plenty of stupid white people who are trumped by non-white people ive met in almost every facet of their lives.

I promise you if white people lived in a an area that is 100% white theyd look to find some distinction to create a minority not associated with skin color, and to think otherwise in human nature is idiotic.
>>
>>69799808
>you're from /a/ if you think Japan is better than Russia
>>
>>69799584
So you're retarded. Got it.

>>69799841
I really don't give a fuck about your faggot opinion bro, just saying that the western white nations are who make the world go round.
Sorry that actually upsets you
>>
>>69799859

God damn, you autismal shitfuck. I said name a Country run by a non-white that is better than one run by a whitey. Russia doesn't count, no matter of low tier white they are.
>>
>>69799917
Japan is better than Argentina
>>
>>69797600
>It's honestly because black people are the only ones pitching a fit.

I mean, there are Hispanics throwing a fit and pushing for attention too (fuck, Robert Rodriguez even started a channel specifically for Hispanics). Nobody's paying attention, though.
>>
>>69799841
You're fucking stupid and obviously triggered.

White nations aren't inherently better, they are just more successful and therefore a stereotype (one I've never heard so maybe you're just a pleb who hangs with other plebs) of white countries automatically being more successful or better came about.

It's all based on reality, faggot. Stay mad.
>>
>What the fuck why are all these BLACK people marching for civil rights!? What about everyone else!
>>
>>69799252
China
>>
>>69798039
>die down
>when trump loses the election
Oh buddy.
If you want these angry white males to go away the last thing you should hope for is Trump losing the election.

Trump is literally the last pressure release valve for white anger before civil war.
>>
>>69799252
Saudi Arabia
>>
>>69797769
The chink who did it was literally an exec producer and writer so he was clearly okay with it.
>>
>>69800001
0/10
>>
File: Black Cosplay.jpg (480 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Black Cosplay.jpg
480 KB, 960x640
>>69797348

'cause black people are cool.
>>
>>69797348
he actually looks decently similar to daniel dae kim here. like, slim his eyes a bit more and it's him
>>
>>69800059
>What the fuck why are all these BLACK people protesting Hollywood's lack of diversity!? What about all the other races!

Its not black peoples fault theyre the only minority to speak out widely against white peoples bullshit, i.e., "whine and complain".
>>
File: IMG-20160212-WA0004.jpg (44 KB, 386x386) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160212-WA0004.jpg
44 KB, 386x386
>>69799967
Nah, youre stupid and obviously triggered.

Stereotypes highlight a trend but leave no explaination as to why certain things are the way they are. If you honestly think that vaccum power struggles, the marginalization of the "other", and economic resource allocation has nothing to do with how a country develops and chalk it up to "white skin makes you good!", then i dont know what else to tell you other than to stop buying into /pol/ circlejerk.
>>
File: 1463799371733.png (858 KB, 1600x1597) Image search: [Google]
1463799371733.png
858 KB, 1600x1597
Because there are more Black people in America to whine.

I honestly think if you went and watched every sitcom airing nowadays, there's likely to be at least one black guy in a group of 3-5 main characters, which is still over represented.

Now, I'm not a retard who thinks that the demographics on TV have to exactly match real life.

If the cast is too white or too black, who cares as long as the show is good, but don't claim uynderrepresentation, when you're actually overly or adequately represented.
>>
>>69798334
>i dont understand the hard-on for trying to discredite minority outrag
If minorities have such legitimate cause for outrage why don't they immigrate to other countries?
My ancestors did it, that's why I live in America. What exactly is stopping minorities from moving to a nation that gives them less cause for outrage?

Minorities in America live better lives here than they could hope for in literally any other country in the world, they have no reason to feel outrage.
>>
>>69800196
is that chance he's so ugly familia
>>
>>69800196
There is literally nothing wrong with the marginalization of the other. It's what civilization is built on.
>>
>>69797348

>OP obviously didn't go to film school and didn't study critical race theory
>>
File: 124124122.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
124124122.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>69799599
BASED
JAPAN

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

J A P A N
A
P
A
N
>>
>>69800203
why are people like you so lacking in empathy, was it something that happened in the womb? if you don't want to welcome the progression of humanity, to say nothing of helping it along, you really shouldn't have any hand in politics, or anything else that affects the lives of others. there are more people on this planet than you
>>
The more I see the rise of SJW politics, the more I think that China and other Eastern nations are poised to become the new world superpowers.

Take a cursory glance at what's going on in Sweden and Germany. SJWs are literally holding open the gates for Islamists due to pathological altruism. Demographically speaking, Muslims won't take over the west by the sword, but by the womb.

I know, we were talking about 'diversity' in TV, but I think this is relevant
>>
>>69800203
>My ancestors did it, that's why I live in America.
Your ancestors got triggered so much they created their own safe space?
>>
>>69800173
Once again, 0/10

Nobody actually believes you're serious.
>>
>>69800284
>it has always happened therefore it can never be improved

You're just admitting to your own stagnation, senpai.
>>
>>69800203
>what is colonization

Did you even get past 5th grade?
>>
>>69800316
Why exactly should I feel empathy for people who don't care about me?
Even more importantly why should I feel empathy for people who feel oppressed living in the best country in the world?
>>
>>69800507
How exactly is the dissolving of boundaries an improvement?
There will always be an other, it's a part of language. Treating other as the same is a self-annihilating concept, like adding a positive and a negative number.
>>
Hi, I want to make out with Steven Yeun under a dumpster, thats all I wanted to say
>>
>>69800542
What does colonization have to do with anything?
A leftwing shibboleth is not magically preventing "oppressed" minorities in America from immigrating to a new country.
>>
>>69800556
More parents need to teach their kids that you shouldnt be nice just for a reward, thats grade school shit.

>no question i live in the best country in the world.

Wew, lad.

Do you know how poverty works?
>>
>>69798856
i need some more
gimme 17 more
>>
>>69798856
>Take a look at any place in the world NOT run by white males.
Germany? Sweden? UK?
>>
>>69799252
japan > hungary
mexico > hungary
basically any shithole pissbucket > hungary

>imb4 romanian sewer rat
not even close
>>
>>69800730
>More parents need to teach their kids that you shouldnt be nice just for a reward, thats grade school shit.
Who is asking for a reward? I feel no empathy for people who hate me and everything I value, who hate the history and culture of my country yet still wish to live here. Why should I feel empathy for them?

>Do you know how poverty works?
Do you?
There is no country in this world that is not a tax haven postage stamp that does not have poverty in it. The simple fact that there are poor people here does not somehow make America not the best place to live.
>>
>>69800556
you have the power to be bigger about it and let the world change for the better. they don't care about you because your comfort is related to their suffering, and then you attack them for wanting things to change. what direct threat is that to you? nobody's gonna let some sick Fanon power seizure fantasy kill you in your cushy "best country in the world," right? what (that you actually deserve) could you possibly have to lose by letting everyone attain the same sociopolitical worth as you? you literally don't even have to do anything except not be a dick. it doesn't cost you a dime, and yet you refuse, to the peril of many others who don't deserve it.
>>
>>69800617
I mean, the idea of "the other" is a pretty big problem withing liberal and convservatives alike becuase it always exists. The goal should be to self reflect that "the other" always exists, that its a constant, and that its ultimately superficial. Being able to identify your own bullshit forces you to have a conversation beyond "minority bad!".

I cant say what the benifits are, but what we have now is stupid as shit.
>>
>>69800838
>hungary
>white
It's literally in the name. Hungary was settled by Huns. Turkic step nomads.
>>
>>69800700
Why would you compare your ancestors colonization with immigration today when you know they arent comparable? You think there are heaps of valuable land just waiting to to be riped by immigrants?
>>
>>69800894
im hungarian dude and there are only white people here
that is becoise its such a shithole not even refugees come here to fuck oir shit up
they just look at us and cringe
its like id say america is not white brcoise native americans lived there some tine ago only
>>
>>69800880
but it's not superficial.
It's the foundation of everything, language, mathematics, culture, nations.

You can't shut your eyes and pretend that different things hold the same qualities or are the same. Not without butchering language into 1984 Newspeak to control thought.

I'm well aware of my bullshit. I've reflected upon it for decades. The thing I realized though is that my bullshit is still better than their bullshit, or at least subjectively, my bullshit is preferable by me to their bullshit, and there is no logical rational reason for me to feel otherwise.
>>
>>69800853
That first line has a whole lot of assumption there, anon.

>you shouldnt complain about being poor in a place where those above you have it better than most in the world.

>we shouldnt try to do our best to raise living standards for everyone regardless of their ecomomic situation
>>
>>69800868
>you have the power to be bigger about it and let the world change for the better.
No I don't.
>they don't care about you because your comfort is related to their suffering, and then you attack them for wanting things to change. what direct threat is that to you?
Buddy reread what you just wrote there. You literally just said that MY comfort is related to their suffering, which means I have to sacrifice my comfort so that they do not suffer. You honestly don't see how diminishing my comfort is a direct threat to me?

>what (that you actually deserve) could you possibly have to lose by letting everyone attain the same sociopolitical worth as you?
Life is a zero-sum game buddy.
>>
>>69800925
My ancestor's colonization?
Moron, my ancestors came to America in the 1890s. They didn't colonize shit. They saved their money, got on a boat and applied for admittance to America through Ellis island.

They realized that they were unhappy in their home country so they took a risk and moved to a new country to start new lives. There is nothing stopping the outraged minorities who think that "America Was Never Great" from saving their money and moving to a new country that they think will treat them better.
>>
>>69801031
Feel free to complain, just don't expect anyone to save you from yourself.

>we shouldnt try to do our best to raise living standards for everyone regardless of their ecomomic situation
What makes you think that's even remotely sustainable? Did you ever occur to you that people already are doing their best and it doesn't get any better than this due to diminishing returns?
>>
File: The Alien from E.T..jpg (34 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
The Alien from E.T..jpg
34 KB, 620x400
>>69801127
>Life is a zero-sum game buddy.
Well, as long as that's your belief, I guess we'll never agree
>>
>>69801006
Are you really comparing the marginalization of minorities in the 21st century with the developmemt of nations, language, and math? let alone using that to justify it? Oh boi.
>>
>>69801311

But it is getting better. It has always been getting better.

We're not done yet, there's still a lot of room to bring in the margins and you do that by actively struggling to iron out what's wrong.

Don't be such a cry baby quitter faggot.
>>
>>69801409
No I'm saying that the other will always be treated differently because it's a fact of life.
People who are different will always be treated differently because they are different.
>>
>>69801434
>But it is getting better. It has always been getting better.
Is it?
In what way exactly are things always getting better considering the suicide rate in America has surged to a thirty year high?
>>
>>69797702
>because NO black slave results ever happened
Educate yourself, anon.
>>
>>69801392
I wish you the best anon and I genuinely hope reality doesn't crush you too hard when you eventually turn into me when you get older.
>>
>>69797348
why go after the hot topic? why aren't you talking about the immensely exaggerated representation of Jews?
>>
>>69801250
You mean back in the day where everyone was a stupid cow farmer with no standards of living?

Whos to say there arent people already immigrating? I happen to know a number of people who live in a different country becuase they think theyd be better off.

You cant expect everyone whos unhappy to just leave everything they ever knew and risk their lives in a different country.
>>
>>69799565
And this is why you're a NEET who leaves his home 3 times a month on a good year
>>
>>69801522
That's why we as a society should strive to overcome the admittedly biggoted way of thinking. We cant eat dirt forever.
>>
>>69798727
>intergrity
>sighted
>narritive
>becuase
>run-on sentences
Learn how to spell and construct sentences with proper grammar before you attempt communication, ape.
>>
File: IMG-20151025-WA0001.jpg (40 KB, 639x359) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151025-WA0001.jpg
40 KB, 639x359
>>69801744
>Being this buttblasted over grammer
>>
>>69801689
>You mean back in the day where everyone was a stupid cow farmer with no standards of living?
What makes you think you're owed a certain standard of living just for existing? Maybe people who don't want to be "stupid cow farmers" should think about how living in America gives them opportunity to live as something other than a "stupid cow farmer" that they apparently wouldn't have anywhere else the next time they start to feel outraged.
>You cant expect everyone whos unhappy to just leave everything they ever knew and risk their lives in a different country.
Why not?
If they're not willing to risk it all to change their lives clearly they aren't actually that unhappy are they?
>>
>>69801627
I appreciate the sentiment. Seems kinda patronizing, but I'll admit there are much more experienced people than me out there.
>>
>>69801575

You can cherry pick statistics all day but the general quality of life, health of the population, level of education, and connectiveness globally is rising. More people have access to top quality everything than ever before.

Again, we're not done yet. We never will be. Every two steps forward comes with a step back. A 30 year high of suicides might be for any number of reasons and is by no means indicitive that it's going to continue to extrapolate.

We're more aware of awful shit in our world now, daily, because we have it in our pockets. There's going to be an adjustment period. Even the awful shit happening in the world isn't as bad as it used to be. There has never been a time in the history if humanity where so much of the human population has been at peace rather than constant open conflict as in the last 60 years.

We need some time to adjust, pull ourselves together, stamp out the last instability, refine our processes, and get along better. It's still a BIG fucking mountain but the fact that we can even have that conversation with any seriousness is the closest we've ever been to it.

We're never going to see a utopia but we are getting better all the time. Progressives push forward, conservatives pull back, wack jobs spill out the sides and some people get chewed up in the process but it's all working toward a more humane existence.
>>
>>69801734
and as I've already said it's impossible to do without destroying language and transforming it into a Newspeak abomination. Treating things that are different differently isn't bigoted, it's common sense.
>>
File: 1450735957614.png (6 KB, 356x480) Image search: [Google]
1450735957614.png
6 KB, 356x480
>>69797348
>>
>>69801903
>Even the awful shit happening in the world isn't as bad as it used to be
You are incredibly naive.
Seriously I'm amazed. You're like the apocryphal kid waiting on the corner for the bully to come back with his bike that he "borrowed" from you to ride around the block because "he'll totally be right back!"
>>
>>69801860
It just proves he isn't as smart as he wants us to think he is. I like to try to bring down smug people when I see them make the most minor of mistakes to remind them that they're still quite fallible.
>>
>>69801925

Languages are constantly evolving and changing, I sure as shit can't read Beowulf and that's still English. Redefining how we talk about things reshapes how we think about them. Did you know languages with gendered pronouns promote more pronounced gender expectations in the society that speaks them? It's perfectly acceptable that we should start consciously evolving language to promote less contentious civil interaction. This of course needs to mimic natural memetic change but we can do that shit now. Even without it being delivered untentionally, it still seems to be the way that we're moving anyway. Naturally we're looking at hundreds of years here.
>>
>>69801903
>Progressives push forward
toward?
>>
>>69801864
I guess i just care about my neighbors without expecting some sort of immediate return.

>opportunities

The whole argument is that the system you live in is rigged so you have a lower chance to succeed. Believe it or not, peopple have strong ties to the place they live in and many dont have to education to go to a different country to start a whole new life.
>>
>>69802073

Are you kidding? You do know that ISIS wouldn't even be considered extreme a couple hundred years ago right?

That shit was happening literally everywhere, pretty much all the fucking time.

Now it happens some places sometimes. Even first world countries regular crime is less serious than from societies past.

You're just some cynical faggot trying to sound worldly and edgy because you're too goddamn lazy to take off your pessimist panties you tool.
>>
>>69802260
>That shit was happening literally everywhere, pretty much all the fucking time.
You have an incredibly skewed view of history.
>>
>>69802153
Redefining how you talk about things, specifically redefining words (which is exactly what you mean), enables self-delusion and magical thinking.

That's not something you should be proud of pursuing.
>>
>>69802312
>Redefining
should be
>Redefining at a whim
>>
>>69802179

More exploratory social structures, generally.

It's important to have both. People who push to try to expand the boundaries of their social norms and people who seek to retain their traditional values balance each other. It prevents total cultural stagnation/loss.
>>
>>69802343
oh fuck you lol
10/10 though
>>
>>69802230
>I guess i just care about my neighbors without expecting some sort of immediate return.
We're not talking about my neighbors. We're talking about people who hate everything this country stands for yet still want to live here somehow.

>The whole argument is that the system you live in is rigged so you have a lower chance to succeed.
A lower chance to succeed than where exactly?

>Believe it or not, peopple have strong ties to the place they live in and many dont have to education to go to a different country to start a whole new life.
That's never stood in anyone's way when it comes to moving to a new country.
>>
>>69802284

Bullshit I do. Any given century before this one you have aggressive colonial powers practicing genocide in new areas, total war involving slavery and rape of entire populations, standing conflicts between small regional powers, frequent public capital punishment, low medical knowledge resulting in plagues and hideous diseases, torture as accepted state policy. These are just the major CIVILIZED nations at any given period. That doesn't even take into account the mess of unstable and uncoordinated areas where intervillage raiding, murder, ritual sacrifice, and hideous torture were commonplace.
>>
>>69802407
>hate everything this country stands for

Can you tell me who these people are?

>what chances

Going to a shitty public school already sets you back compared to someone who goes to a nicer school; guess who has a better chance in ending up in a shitter of a school, a black kid or a white kid?

>never stood in the way

Do you find it so hard to believe that not everyones solution to a problem is getting up and leaving?
>>
File: la bamba.jpg (17 KB, 294x400) Image search: [Google]
la bamba.jpg
17 KB, 294x400
>>69797844
>I'll never get La Bamba to play Rico because everyone thinks he's mexican or indian

Has la bamba ever played as an asian character?
>>
>>69802538
>Any given century before this one you have aggressive colonial powers practicing genocide in new areas, total war involving slavery and rape of entire populations, standing conflicts between small regional powers, frequent public capital punishment, low medical knowledge resulting in plagues and hideous diseases, torture as accepted state policy. These are just the major CIVILIZED nations at any given period. That doesn't even take into account the mess of unstable and uncoordinated areas where intervillage raiding, murder, ritual sacrifice, and hideous torture were commonplace.
lol
It's amazing anyone survived anon. WH40K ain't go shit on your vision of history.
>>
>>69802407

Actually that stops most people from leaving. North America is unique in it's idealization of immigrant culture and the impetus to abandon your home when things aren't going your way.

It's not the norm anywhere else in the world. Part of the reason the US is the most popular destination for first generation immigrants globally is because the US heavily promotes the "American Dream" as an immigrant ideal.
>>
>>69802567
>Can you tell me who these people are?
Specifically?
Of course not who do I look like Professor X?

>oing to a shitty public school already sets you back compared to someone who goes to a nicer school;
What if you go to a nicer public school?

>guess who has a better chance in ending up in a shitter of a school, a black kid or a white kid?
The white kid considering there are more white kids in America than black kids. Same way more white families in America are on welfare than black families.
>>
>>69802812
Then why are you making these claims that people hate this country and everything it stands for? Who the fuck are you talking about?

What are you even arguing?
>>
>>69802641

It's not amazing anyone survived, there was never anything to pose a threat to humanity on a grand scale before. We are a resilient and adaptable organism. That's our whole thing.

We took a steep nosedive in the quality of life and health of the individual with the advent of agriculture, but it propelled us into having the ability to shape our future as societies and ultimately as a species.

WE ARE CONSTANTLY IMPROVING THE MODEL.

That's the whole point. It was never unworkable but it's better now.

It's no coincidence that the constant warfare settled after hitting a cresendo in WWII and our availing ourselves of the capacity to destroy all life on earth. There's no going back from that but that we haven't all died in a nuclear storm yet is fucking magnificent. Truly impressive. A good sign.

Now with climate change, we have another thing to jump on. And we're kinda fucked. A lot of things are going to change. But we're going to make it and whoever does will build something better.
>>
>>69802700
>North America is unique in it's idealization of immigrant culture and the impetus to abandon your home when things aren't going your way.
That's retarded.
If the impetus to abandon your home when things aren't going your way is an exclusively American ideal, where did all the immigrants come from? Logically shouldn't it be Americans that are always immigrating over seas to find a new life then?

> Part of the reason the US is the most popular destination for first generation immigrants globally is because the US is an economically successful country with an easy language
ftfy
>>
"Diversity" actually means anything that fits a minority that has been known to be greatly oppressed. A black person is a diverse person. Because of the history of black/white relations blacks are given much more acknowledgement than other minorities. The general feeling right now among liberals is that there is heavy institutional racism, and it's heaviest against blacks. While they might support other minorities, this is considered a top concern.
>>
>>69802905
>WE ARE CONSTANTLY IMPROVING THE MODEL.
Not really.
>It's no coincidence that the constant warfare settled after hitting a cresendo in WWII and our availing ourselves of the capacity to destroy all life on earth.
"Constant warfare" (which is a myth) only settled down among European countries because they were united under the hegemony of America against the Soviet Union and that's clearly at an end considering the imminent collapse of the EU and a more isolationist American foreign policy. Every place else is still just as warlike as it's ever been.
>>
>>69803006
Which is retarded because black Americans have more opportunity now than at any other point in history.
>>
>>69801903
Don't give me that Marxist "progressive history" garbage. Every single issue you have with "racism" and the failure of races to accomplish certain things and their supposed "marginalization" can easily be explained by genetic differences in intelligence. Hence why I will never take progressive seriously.
>>
Well I'd really love to stick around for your replies but I should have gone to bed over an hour ago.
Toodles.
>>
File: 116295-full[1].jpg (177 KB, 1024x737) Image search: [Google]
116295-full[1].jpg
177 KB, 1024x737
>this is considered diversity
>al pacino is 14/88ths white

This is what Hollywood actually believes.
>>
>>69802921

Americans have the highest rate of changing cities in adulthood and are the most likely to die more than 50 miles from where they were born. It's a big fucking country, man. Do you know how big it is compared to Europe? Really fucking big. You can move farther from home and stay in the same country than you can in the entire continent of Europe.

American culture is immigrant culture. That's it's draw. Send us your sick, your tired, your weary masses, blah blah. Here we'll lift you up with the power and virtue of hard work.

Which isn't totally untrue but it's sure one hell of an exaggeration and always has been.

American exceptionalism is always in the forefront with you people, that's why you think that America is the only first world country with an "easy" language. What about Canada? They're nicer there, more nature, less murder. The UK? Storied histories, great pubs, less murders.

I mean I cod keep going on with alternatives but America sells itself the best and that's why disenfranchised people come there hoping to start over, but for every 1 who does there are thousands who don't. It's because it's not normal behaviour in other parts of the world to abandon your culture, family, friends, everything you've known to go and try to start over somewhere else totally alien to you.
>>
>>69803083
Improvement =/= problem solved

Also, black people don't live for centuries. No single person has more opportunity now than he did a couple centuries ago. Your thing about history has nothing to do with the plight of real living people
>>
>>69799962
Robert Rodriguez is an american cuck with no culture and has to grasp as straws like the color of his skin and who was his great grandfather to be someone, and thinks he represents every "hispanic". Real "hispanics" hate people like him
>>
>>69797586
>>
>>69803316
No shit. The problem is that the average blacks are not as genetically intelligent as other races.
>>
I'm a Bestist; I only choose what's best for humanity, as do all Bestists.

If you're not a Bestist, you're choosing to be a misanthropic person who doesn't want what's best.

How do I know we (Bestists, that is) will succeed at achieve our goal of what's best? Why because we're always choosing what's Best, of course; eventually everyone will choose the Best because more people will have the Best after we choose it for them.
>>
>>69799808
japan is better than canada you retarded leaf
>>
>>69803049

I still don't see how you could possibly think that things aren't better for people now than they have been at any point in recorded history or how you can ignore systemic improvements in infrastructure, delivery of medical care and education, representational government, and human liberty.

The level the world is at in these areas is absolutely unprecedented.
>>
>>69797348
>are black folks over-represented in hollywood?

Yes

"Diversity" in Hollywood only means blacks and no one else.
>>
>>69803461
xd
>>
>>69799962

Could you imagine the shitstorm if a "White Entertainment" channel was created, like BET?

inb4 "TCM already exists lel lel"
>>
>>69803712
t. nigger
>>
>>69797348

there are more blacks in clapistan than asians
>>
>>69798039

Hating niggers is a 4chan national pastime you cuckold

Go back to plebbit
>>
>>69799599
Rebuilt by the United States after WWII, I guess it's counts, but they had help from the white devils.
>>
If white people are so evil and racist, why do niggers and beaners do better in white countries than in their own?
>>
File: 1463554809457.jpg (173 KB, 999x1300) Image search: [Google]
1463554809457.jpg
173 KB, 999x1300
>>69797512
because they have their own media and make up a small percentage of our population.

mexicans/latinos make up far more but you don't seem them getting assblasted over undrepresentation.
>>
From watching television, you'd think blacks made up about 50% of the population.
>>
>>69797348
White's didn't enslave Asians and they highest paid demographic are Asians so I guess it doesn't motivated their white guilt.
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.