[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bechdel test. Opinion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: BECHDEL TEST.png (142 KB, 853x964) Image search: [Google]
BECHDEL TEST.png
142 KB, 853x964
Bechdel test.

Opinion?
>>
>>69795427
tumblr shit
>>
>>69795489
I doubt tumblr was a big thing in 1985
>>
>>69795427
The best movies on this list fail it?

Good to know
>>
>>69795427
sarkeesian-tier
>>
b8: the test.
>>
The test is never about a specific movie being anti-feminist or anything like that.

It's simply about awareness.
>>
>>69796682
>the 5th wave
>hardcore Henry
>hail Caesar
>>
>>69796682
>jane got a gun, kung fu panda, deadpool, the 5th wave, the jungle book
>the best
no
>>
American Pie 2 passes the Bechdel test
>>
>>69796748
Awareness of what? The arbitrary addition of characters and dialogue based solely on gender rather than anything having to do with context within the narrative?

This is as pointless a test as if you made one rating only movies that featured a Wilhelm scream in them. It's meaningless and it shouldn't be used as a metric by which to judge a film's quality.
>>
>>69797055
It isn't a metric, that's what >>69796748 is saying.

The point is to use it for a broad look at the film industry and realised how few female characters there are that are developed in any real way. If the only time female characters in the film talk to each other, they are just spouting off about a man (which almost inevitably means 'the main character') and that is a repeated pattern across films as a whole, it's a waste of narrative potential.
>>
>>69797270
fedora.jpg
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.