[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that everything was his fault >gave Ash an excuse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: houston.jpg (73 KB, 473x700) Image search: [Google]
houston.jpg
73 KB, 473x700
Reminder that everything was his fault
>gave Ash an excuse to let Kane back on board
>lost his shit in the air shaft
>>
Could you have done better?
>>
>>69795453
Go to bed Dallas's ghost
>>
>>69794680

The air shaft was Lambert's fuckup.

Lambert is a navigator. of a space ship. Xir whole fucking job is to read 2D displays and accurately model 3D flight paths, coordinates, etc.

And yet Lambert couldn't figure out that the fucking 2D display Xhe was reading was modeling 4D time-space movement. And Xir panicking voice got in Dallas' head, contributing to his wrong turn and his death.

I suppose as captain, the buck does stop with Dallas, though. Ignoring protocol, etc. But they had a plant inside to ensure that things continued in the wrong direction, no matter what.
>>
File: HS5rnnI.jpg (55 KB, 680x598) Image search: [Google]
HS5rnnI.jpg
55 KB, 680x598
>>69795735
>Xir
>>
>>69795735

Although, Dallas belying Ripley volunteering herself to go into the vent is in a slight way, Dallas manning up and being captain again, and also redeeming himself for past stupidity.

It's all fucked up, though. When a skipper dies, it throws everything off, hazarding the whole group. Witness how quickly the remaining team fell apart once Dallas was gone. Ironically, from a procedural point of view, Ripley going into the vent would have been the right thing. Although this is a commercial as opposed to a military ship.

A big theme in Alien-etc is the breakdown of established military/industrial pecking order, with the eventual result that Ripley takes over.
>>
>>69795858

This is the same reason why my dad always hated how Kirk/Spock etc would be the away team. Not how it's actually supposed to work, with a big modern ship with a large crew anyway.

You send Ensign Ricky, THEN Ensign Bobby, Then Yeoman Betty. And if they all get turned into styrafoam blocks, so be it. You're in charge of hundreds of people, and you're charged with keeping them safe. Also you're supposed to be the one who has to live with your dead. That's what it is to be in command.
>>
File: nosebleedfu.jpg (70 KB, 718x307) Image search: [Google]
nosebleedfu.jpg
70 KB, 718x307
Why did Ripley have a nosebleed before she go in a fight with Ash?
>>
Can we discuss the bonus situation?
>>
File: ben-affleck-argo-hair.jpg (75 KB, 350x525) Image search: [Google]
ben-affleck-argo-hair.jpg
75 KB, 350x525
>>69795565

Anon, please. Clearly it's actually Ben Affleck getting ready for the Alien remake.
>>
File: 1463592334689.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1463592334689.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>69796447
>there will be an Alien remake in our lifetime
>>
>>69796514
There already is
>>
>>69796514
why would it be a remake of alien necessary? what new elements besides bad cgi, sjw pandering agenda (and probably a black, lesbian, tranny lead) could bring to an already perfect in its own way classic?
>>
>>69794680
>lost his shit in the air shaft
This is a stretch. What the fuck would you have done? He was fucked.
>>
>>69794680
What movie are we talking about bros is this alien???

Its been a good 8 years since I've seen alien i can't remember it
>>
>>69797979
>triple 79s
>Alien came out in '79
POTTERY
I just don't like remakes in general, with the exceptions of The Thing and The Blob
>>69798109
How do you keep yourself from watching it every week?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.