[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one good Lisa Simpson-centric episode.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13
File: LisaSimpson3.gif (20 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
LisaSimpson3.gif
20 KB, 350x350
Name one good Lisa Simpson-centric episode.
>>
lisa's substitute
>>
dental plan
>>
>>69793473
Lisa the Greek
Lisa's Pony
Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy
Lisa the Vegetarian
I Love Lisa

Oh wait, you only wanted one?
>>
>>69793473
Lisa's Wedding
>>
Moaning Lisa
Homer Vs. Lisa And The 8th Commandment
Lisa’s Substitute
Lisa The Beauty Queen
I Love Lisa
Summer Of 4 ft. 2
Lisa’s Date With Density
>>
>>69793545
Homer Centric
>>
The episode where Lisa decides to rebel.
>>
Does the one where Homer shoves a crayon up his nose count as a Lisa episode?
>>
File: chriselliott.jpg (53 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
chriselliott.jpg
53 KB, 270x270
>>69793584
dental centric, motherfucker
>>
>>69793473
Lisa goes GaGa

Classic episode and her best
>>
>>69793473
Every single golden age Lisa episode is good, several are even great. Who started this dumb meme?

The Marge episodes were by far the worst
>>
Everything up until "Lisa The Tree Hugger"
>>
asd
>>
>>69793629
Holy shit i just watched that episode of law and order svu right now.
>>
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>69793549
I only said one, i was aware there was more than one.

Wow, get a load of this anon...looks like someone enjoys the smell of their of their own farts.
>>
Thunder thighs!
>>
File: 1448687926839.jpg (27 KB, 500x429) Image search: [Google]
1448687926839.jpg
27 KB, 500x429
>>69793760
Of course I enjoy my own farts, who doesn't?
>>
>>69793688
i consider myself a pretty big Chris Elliott fan and i was flabbergasted when i found out he was in it once upon a time haha

Eagleheart is goat
>>
>>69793572
>Lisa's Date with Density
No.

You also forgot the pony, Malibu Stacy, football sundays and the real Jebediah episodes. In other words, all Lisa episodes from the first 7 seasons are great, except the vegetarian one.
>>
File: lisa_the_vegetarian.png (1 MB, 1200x925) Image search: [Google]
lisa_the_vegetarian.png
1 MB, 1200x925
>>69795137
I realize that Lisa the Vegetarian is when her character started getting obnoxious, but it's still one of the funniest episodes of the show. I don't see how anyone can deny this
>>
'Round Springfield
>>
What's the best Simpsons Season?
>>
>>69793545
Lisa needs braces
>>
>>69796015
Good luck finding a common consensus on that, but most people will probably say 4,5 or 6.

My favorite is season 2.
>>
>>69795880
Your graphic makes a good case. Pretty strong episode overall.
>>
File: 1413878632100.jpg (37 KB, 509x380) Image search: [Google]
1413878632100.jpg
37 KB, 509x380
>>69793719
>Whenever you feel like you're alone and there's nobody else you can rely on, this is all you need to know.
>>
>>69796131

I just watched the first 10 seasons and I feel like season 8 has the best episodes;

You only move twice
A Millhouse divided
Hurricane Neddy
Homer's Phobia
The Itchy and Scrachty and Poochie show
Homer's Enemy
>>
LISA ITS YOUR BIRTHDA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA
>>
>>69796316
A Milhouse Divided is the GOAT episode
>>
>>69796015
>>
>>69795880
>not showing the shark attacking the gorilla
>>
>>69796316
Imagine how amazing the series would have been if they ended on Homer's Enemy
>>
>>69796316
>Liking the fist episode Flanders is transformed in a sad, unlucky character
>Liking the episode the writers said "fuck you" to fandom's criticism and completely missed the point of the critique
>Liking the first episode Homer realized he's great
>Liking one of the proto-Jerkass Homer episodes

Get out.
>>
>>69796559
>>Liking the episode the writers said "fuck you" to fandom's criticism and completely missed the point of the critique

lmao looks like YOU missed the point of the episode

the writers have publicly stated that they thought that the show would be canceled after season 8, so it was more of a fuck you to fox and friends trying to shoehorn shit into the show
>>
>>69796504
this
>>
>>69796788
>the writers have publicly stated that they thought that the show would be canceled after season 8
If only it had been

Imagine the legendary reputation the series would have had it ended on such a high note.
>>
>>69793528

Just what I was thinking as well.
>>
File: 213123123.jpg (116 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
213123123.jpg
116 KB, 576x432
This is the best lisa episode ever sorry anons but you know I'm right
>>
File: 1437111336693.jpg (53 KB, 604x404) Image search: [Google]
1437111336693.jpg
53 KB, 604x404
>>69793473
>It's a Lisa gets a new substitute teacher who takes an interest in her episode
>>
>no Lisa's sax

Heathens, the lot of you
>>
>>69796788
You're confusing Jay (Ray? The dude who wears clothes like Poochie) with Poochie itself.

The main plot is that I&S is losing audience because the show is so old and well established, it has lost its edge and novelty. Which matched people's opinion about The Simpsons back in 1997. When The Simpsons debuted, american TV was full of shows like The Cosby Show or the Tim Allen show, by the time The Simpsons ended its eighth season almost all those shows have disappeared from prime time thanks in part by The Simpsons itself.

The problem is that nothing Poochie does in the fictitional show has nothing to do with the problems the I&S show was suffering, and by the tine the character is retired public's opinions abiut I&S goes back to what they were until the beginning of the episode. It's a resolution without an actual resolution. Poochie appears, he starts doing things, Itchy & Scratchy does nothing but look at its antics, then the episode ends. What does have to do with the declining writting and oldness of The Simpsons?

Worse, the writers used Bart, of all people, to order fans to shut up because, according to them, they should be thankful for all those eight years of jokes and stories.

Watch the episode again before brainfarting.
>>
File: 960.jpg (40 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
40 KB, 960x540
>>69796965
nah, Lisa the Greek is the best
>>
Early Lisa episodes are GOAT and the kind of relatable that makes your heart go numb.
>>
File: lisaRival.jpg (24 KB, 520x320) Image search: [Google]
lisaRival.jpg
24 KB, 520x320
Lisa's Rival
>>
>>69797113
This
Also pic related
>>
File: 449164.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
449164.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
why did the town try to build need a new home? why not just pool their money together and pay for a new one to be built?

at least 3-4 millionaires took part in the rebuilding.
>>
>>69797113
The worst flashback episode at that point.
Seriously, after you have told anything about Marge and Homer meeting, their wedding and Bart's birth, Lisa's birth, and Maggie's birth, there's nothing you can use for flashback episodes. Resorting to how Lisa obtained her first sax is a story it really didn't need to be told.

Also, 5 year old Bart and Milhouse looking like their 10 years old versions but shorter and with proportionally bigger heads? Even the barbeshop quartet episode got it right.
>>
>>69796316
Season 8 is my favorite too. I think it's the apex of Golden Era Simpsons right before the slope downward.

You didn't even mention:

The Homer They Fall
Bart After Dark
The Mysterious Voyage of Homer
The Springfield Files
Mountain of Madness
Homer vs. The 18th Amendment (maybe the best single Simpsons episode of all time, but, then again, I'm a biased drunk)
The Secret World of Lisa Simpson

So many great episodes. Between the ones you listed and those above, I'd say at least half of my favorite episodes of all-time come from Season 8.
>>
>>69797445
All those episodes except "Bart After Dark" has headscratching moments, bizarre stories, out of character moments or pre-Zombie crap.

For fuck's sake, The Homer They Fall's final act is almost joke free and has a deux ex machina ending (and don't tell me it was based on a real event. The Simpsons knew how to do parodies that were still funny and logical even if you don't know the source material. That "parody" failed at that)
>>
Lisa the iconoclast is my favorite lisa ep
>>
I have to bend the rules. This one isn't quite "good"

>Girls Just Want to Have Sums

This season 17 episode starts with Skinner getting suspended from his job as principal. The replacement is a feminist who separates the school into the boys' and girls' halves. At first, Lisa is excited about this, but "women's math" is all about how numbers "feel" to the girls. So Lisa dresses like a boy (Jake Boyman, AKA "Toilet") and takes the harder boys' math class where the teacher doesn't coddle the students.

LISA: I was wrong! And by being corrected I learned! I'm in heaven!

It's the most red-pilled Lisa has ever been. It's an okay episode by s17 standards, but it definitely has shitty and lines and the opening act with the parody of The Lion King broadway musical sucked pretty hard.
>>
>>69797163
his name is Roy. You can't remember the name of the best fucking character in the whole show
>>
>>69797772
>Points out why this episode failed as a reply to fan criticism
>LMAO YOU CAN'T REMEMBER ROY'S NAME
Get out.
>>
Lisa On Ice was a laugh fest. I often refer to it as my favorite

Lisa the Iconoclast had an interesting plot and a feel-good ending.

That's all I can think of.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.