[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was shit. It was like watching the air plane scene from TDKR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: xmenapocalypseimax-1.jpg (95 KB, 640x378) Image search: [Google]
xmenapocalypseimax-1.jpg
95 KB, 640x378
It was shit. It was like watching the air plane scene from TDKR for 2,5 hours.
>>
It was actually pretty good. Fassbender was god tier, apoc was a menacing villain. Quicksilver's scenes were great. All the scenes with the new young actors are crap though.the girl who played storm is a horrible actrice
>>
>goes to capeshit
>debases other capeshit with the one that he went to
fuck off retard, your money supported a capeshit movie and more shit will come.
>>
>>69792341

was this the time travel one?

at least they made an effort to explain their retcons this time
>>
>>69792425

All the scenes with Magneto's family were terrible.
>>
Loved it personally, but I can see why many people didn't like it. It's just so cool to see so a team of heroes made up of such different and unique people. Marvel could learn a thing or two from this.
>>
>>69792595
Thats how most people felt about the Avengers, even if you didn't, so I dont know what they're supposed to "learn"
>>
>>69792630
Most of the Avengers are just white dudes though, with a token chick to fill it out.
>>
>>69792341
>the air plane scene from TDKR
What's that?
>>
>>69792773
Oh I didnt know thats what you meant by different and unique.
>>
>>69792341
So /tv/ will love it, then?
>>
>>69792595
The whole point of the X-men is that: many different people coming together. But Singer/Kinberg keep falling into using only one character to base the team around for multiple movies. Next they're planning to make it the Jean Grey and the X-men show and everyone else orbits around her. Which isn't all that different.
>>
>>69792595
Nice subtle b8
>>
>>69792535
No
>>
File: free shrugs.png (499 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.png
499 KB, 449x642
>>69793014

well I can't keep up with the 700 capeshit movies that come out per year
>>
I don't think people got that the story serves as a metaphor for the AIDS epidemic in the 80's. It's very well done.
>>
Why the fuck did they cut out Jubilee so much?

She was in the car coming back from Return of the Jedi with JG, Nightcrawler and Cyclops. Yet instead of hiding in the building's wreckage from Stryker like the other three, she somehow ends up being amongst those left behind and missing out on the second half of the film. They could've least made up some excuse as to why she stayed behind.

I also found Psylocke's cleavage distracting. Also, my lore is failing me here, but isn't she supposed to be British?
>>
>>69792595
Do you guys honestly think a black person would drop what they were doing and help save the world?
They don't have that kind of motivation or sense of self sacrifice.
>>
>>69792425
I disagree. I thought the girl who played Storm was the only one with any actual presence. The rest were pretty mediocre, especially Olivia Munn, who basically felt nonexistent.
>>
>>69792341
so you're saying it's kino?
>>
File: Capture.png (739 KB, 936x787) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
739 KB, 936x787
>>69792425
>>69792595
>Marvel could learn a thing or two from this.
>>
File: Mach STOP.png (139 KB, 293x282) Image search: [Google]
Mach STOP.png
139 KB, 293x282
>>69792773
>>
>>69793166
>I also found Psylocke's cleavage distracting
Yeah, I know what you mean. The Followers of the apocalypse's uniforms seemed especially fetishistic, even for a superhero movie. And when did they find time to make them? Considering the film's awful pacing, a scene of them sowing together some lacy underwear they found behind the shittiest West-Berlin drug den wouldn't have seemed that out of place.
>>
>>69792773
You're the kind of person that will look at a rich kid, then at a homeless kid, and assume that they're both the same cuz they're white, huh?
>>
>>69793486

>implying white people can experience poverty

I can't even right now
>>
>>69793523
You poor thing, when was the last time someone gave you some attention? Have a (you)
Godspeed with your shitposting
>>
File: 1448102388099.jpg (7 KB, 113x125) Image search: [Google]
1448102388099.jpg
7 KB, 113x125
>>69793571

Thanks boss it's getting harder and harder to reach my (You) quota, I think the government is gonna suspend my neetbux.
>>
>>69793451
Also, compare the powers of his four sidekicks in 1983 (perhaps excluding Magneto) to those four badass bodyguards Apocalypse had in 3600 BC at the beginning of the movie.

Is Storm, Angel & Psylocke really the best he could find?
>>
>>69793690
He had to work fast in a short time frame:

> Alright, let's see. Weather, yeah I suppose; uhhh wings? I guess?... Sediment? Yeah, fuck it. We just need one more thing. That girl has a katana. Sure whatever, I gotta get this shit done by tomorrow afternoon. PICK UP THE PACE PEOPLE
>>
>>69793451

Are you retarded, anon? The movie showed Apocalypse making their costumes out of thin air.
>>
>>69794157
And that's the best he could come up with? Dude spent way too much time on the anime shows when he was channel surfing.
>>
>>69794059
>In a short time frame
Why though? He had plenty of time.

Storm and Magneto were good choices though, because they are powerful as fuck.
>>
>>69794282
Not anime, comics. That has been Psylocke's design for a long ass time, I like that theyre being accurate but it stands out when shes the only one with a ridiculous spandex costume. They need to dedicate to it or not use one at all.
>>
>>69792341
>It was like watching the air plane scene from TDKR for 2,5 hours.
I can't imagine this would ever be a reality. Look at the mileage /tv/ has gotten out of a 5 minute scene, if it were instead 150 minutes long instead Baneposting would last a century.
>>
>>69794497
It would be the most analyzed piece of media since the Bible. Whole thesis' and religions would be made to try and understand the depth.
>>
>>69792341
>>69792341
I liked it.

Mystique didnt even getmostof the time. She was quite a secondary character.

Fassneto great as always.

Apocky lips was scary.

The only thing I didnt like was

>its another magneto kills millions of people and gets away with it episode.

Keep crying Marvel drone. This will make 700m with half the budget of cw. You are not getting the rights back.
>>
>>69792862
Except this one balanced Xavier Magneto Jean Scott and QS perfectly.

>but mystique was in all the posters
Yeah, watch the movie
>>
are there any webms of this yet? I've seen one of Quicksilver vs Apoc floating around, hoping there might be more of the action scenes so I dont have to waste my money on this shit
>>
>>69792425
>actrice
>actrice
>actrice
>actrice
>>
>>>69794497
Apocalypse sodomizing Xavier will get a good laughs once we get screencaps
>>
Is this film entertainingly bad like Last Stand and First Class or boring bad like DOFP?
>>
>>69792800
It was a big scene.
>>
>>69795148
Its a character based film until the last 30 minutes where the action starts.

You wont like it.

The action is good they really showcase people with different powers well. Probably even better than avengers 1.

Everyone use their powers in creative ways even Apocalypse.
>>
its alright.

SPOILER

i fucking hated tho, the 20 minute long fanservice of going to fucking Canada to rescue the xmen, just to show wolverine
>>
>>69795750
He finally got his berserker scene as last hurrah and goodbye to the main x-men movies. Let him have it
>>
I already watched it

I thought it was very entertaining and better than the last 2 James Bond movies, Jurassic World and Age of Ultron.

The worst thing is the shoehorned Wolverine stuff, and the final battle against Apocalypse, the Jean part.
>>
>>69795476
>Its a character based film until the last 30 minutes where the action starts.
>You wont like it.
You're assuming I didn't like DOFP because I don't like character development? I'm a big fan of Claremont's X-Men era and that is all about characters. I'd love an X-Men film where half the film isn't devoted to the villain's dumb plot, but to actual characterization. My dislike for DOFP has nothing to do with that. The movie was just dumb and cheap and took itself too seriously to be fun.
>>
>>69793166
She's supposed to be British in a Japanese woman's body. So they cast an American hapa who can't do a British accent.
>>
>>69792341
maybe it was because X-Men wasn't hyped as much but I honestly enjoyed it more than Civil War.
I also loved BvS
>>
>>69796278
mmm i guess, still felt like a very artificial and useless way to integrate him.
didnt like some of the visuals.
the 4 horsemen didnt feel like a threat.

but i fcking love mcavoy and assbender, and of course their interactions, so this was great
>>
>>69792341
Snydercucks STILL on suicide watch.
>>
>>69792425
>actrice
Build wall.
>>
>>69793222
Would you? Does that make you just another black person?
>>
>>69798594
Its the MCU crowd shitting on every non MCU movie.

As a huge Snyder drone I admit this movie had a menacing villain, great action scenes,a perfect mix up of campy fun and brutality and the best thing Mystique didnt try to steal the movie. She didnt do anything in the grand scheme of things, didnt defeat Apocalypse and his time on screen was similar if not lower than Scott's.

They also balanced well the movie time between Xavier, Mags, Scott, Jean, Nightcrawler and Apocalypse.
>>
>>69792425
Feel ya. Movie was a superficial but good popcorn movie. But Sansa was fucking horrible
>>
>>69793303
so you love Sansa's horribe american accent?
>>
The costume design and make up looks like made with 2 dollars
>>
>>69799596
Did you watch the movie or just the posters?

Its the Quicksilver effect again. Kurt looks great inside the movie but looks like shit on the promo pics. Same with Angel. Psylocke is like she came straight out of the comic book.

The only bad make up is mystique and she doesnt even wear it for more than 30 seconds.
>>
>>69799401
I liked Storm, not Jean Gray. That girl was fucking awful, her accent was fucking awful, and her readings in general were awful. Everyone but the egyptian chick were pretty damn bad. Also, I know that this seems like a minority opinion around here, but neither Assbender nor Mcavoy can hold a candle to the actors of their older iterations.
>>
Was it just me, or did the film do a really bad job job of portraying of portraying the age progression of each of the characters. It'd been twenty years since the events of first class, and all of the old characters still looked like they were in their mid-twenties, with the exception of Rose Byrne's spy; and even then all they did was frump up her hair for the office scenes.
>>
>>69800260
Mags looked really old when compared to the FC footage they showed.

Xavier really needed a few white hairs.
>>
Thought it was pretty good. The rape scene was a bit much though.
>>
It's been out for ages overseas, where's the camrip already?
>>
>It was like watching the air plane scene from TDKR for 2,5 hours.
Why haven't I seen this movie yet this sounds great
>>
>>69792341
MARVEL IS KILL

MARVELFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>69800373
kek. The part where he sodomizes him was disturbing. A gigantic Apocalypse holding you down and inserting his blue cock in a nightmarish mental attack was disturbing. The first thing I thought was rape.

No, I lie, the first thing I thought was laughing at "you will need a bigger house" and getting a visual image of Bane growing in size and grabbing the CIA. Then I associated with rape.

The line "Im with the CIA" also made my laugh, no one understood at the theater.

I cant watch movies anymore that have big stuff, the cia or planes.
>>
>>69793096

How?
>>
I know it must be a running joke at this point, but it has to be said. When you have mutants who are capable of actively controlling anyone's mind, including those who have the keys to your launch capabilities- then maybe a mutant registration act isn't that bad an idea.
>>
This threads reads like a stealth marketing team who haven't figured out a cohesive way to trick people yet, so they're just throwing out a bunch of random ideas to see what sticks

Nothing about this movie sounds good, even from people that are pretending to like it
>>
>>69800828
Mutant registration is right. So is the superhero registration act.

Scott and Cap are wrong. More news at eleven.

Its not even about bad guys or bad mutants. imagine if Scott's powers in the movie was exploding the whole city. Sure, it was fun to see the bully get fucked by the optic blast. But imagine the same incident with better powers. It would be a catastrophe.

Kids are kids. They would and will use their powers for mischief. Or in accidents. Or if they feel fear.

There are a shit ton of mutants, there is no space for everyone at Xavier's School. They should wear the collars at all time at school.

I would 100% abuse my powers.
>>
>>69800872
>If this anon doesnt like it...you cant like the movie, you are pretending
How far a head can be into its own ass?
>>
>>69792341
I'm sure most people here would love 2.5 hours of the plane scene. I doubt its good though so maybe ghostbusters trailer for 2.5 hours
>>
>>69800912
I don't know about collars, but at the very least making sure that people are aware of who they are dealing with. It would also mean that they could (theoretically) get them some kind of psychiatric help as well. Stan Lee seems sounds like a libertarian asshat when he espouses this kind of anti-government paranoia through his movies.
>>
>>69801046
There are big guys, cia and plane crashes in the movie.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.