[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got HBO Go, what should I watch first?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: pure patrician.png (2 MB, 1498x596) Image search: [Google]
pure patrician.png
2 MB, 1498x596
Just got HBO Go, what should I watch first?
>>
>>69790434
roam
>>
>>69790434
rome then deadwood
>>
Rome > Band of Brothers > The Wire > John Adams > Boardwalk Empire > The Sopranos > Oz

Never seen the rest, should really see Deadwood.
>>
>>69790434
The Sopranos invented the modern drama, so you should probably start there.
>>
>>69791015
>>69791023
>>69790970

What's so good about Rome?
>>
>>69791057
Violence and tits. It's basically Game of Thrones for tryhards.
>>
>>69791057
Accurate portrayal of ancient rome and a high budget that spans two seasons. 10/10 casts and performances. Only real problem is that they completely skip over action scenes and battles for the most part, but the drama is the driving force. Note: though rome itself is realistically portrayed give or take, the actual historical events are artistically redesigned to fit into the show's drama involving two Roman legionaries.
>>
>>69791165
>accurate portrayal of ancient rome

my fucking sides
>>
Oz
>>
>>69791317
to make myself more clear, the atmosphere of the show -- the way the political system is portrayed, religion, crime -- that stuff is accurate, but shit like octavian being kidnapped when he was younger is not, that's fictionalized.
>>
>>69791057
Everything
>>
>>69790434
Start with Rome, then Deadwood, Oz, Sopranos, The Wire and finish it off with Band of Brothers.
Though it's a mini-series, it's probably the best piece of television ever.
>>
File: real-human-been.jpg (14 KB, 236x343) Image search: [Google]
real-human-been.jpg
14 KB, 236x343
>>69790434
The Sopranos=The Wire>Band of Brothers>John Adams>Deadwood>Rome>Carnivale>Boardwalk Empire>The leftovers>Oz

fuck six feet under
>>
>>69791634
>fuck six feet under
seriously, i don't see how someone can make it pass eight episodes. its the same shit every episode. oh my god death is so sad waaaaw
>>
>>69791634

Why didn't you like Six Feet Under? I'm about a season and a half through it so far and I'm enjoying it.
>>
File: 126546670923.jpg (38 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
126546670923.jpg
38 KB, 245x300
>>69791023
>sopranos that low
>>
>>69790434
i'm probably a smol minority, but i didn't enjoy the wire as much as the sopranos, boardwalk empire or even the leftovers
>>
>>69791784
not him but

>WAAAW DEATH
>WAAAW HOMOSEXUALITY
>>
Rome, Deadwood, and Carnivale. In that order.
>>
>>69791052
Oz set the stage for the Sopranos.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.