[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>each and everyone of my friends who watch this shitshow loves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9
File: jabba the unburnt.jpg (77 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
jabba the unburnt.jpg
77 KB, 720x960
>each and everyone of my friends who watch this shitshow loves her
>they all think the last scene was absolutelly amazing

What is wrong with these people, /tv/?
>>
File: 1463439817145.jpg (218 KB, 564x620) Image search: [Google]
1463439817145.jpg
218 KB, 564x620
>>69790383
>What is wrong with these people, /tv/?

They were conditioned to think that everything is fine as long as the protagonist is doing it.

They also like to appear feministic and "progressive".

I really hope the series will end by showing her as the villain, but I doubt it. The audience would protest too much.
>>
>>69790557
>a show that nurtures in the fact that "anyone can die at any given moment"
>people die randomly of a stab in the gut
>she has being kidnapped, people attempted to poison her, she has been burnt twice yet she hasn't literally never suffered in the show
why is this allowed
>>
File: 1552.png (211 KB, 347x347) Image search: [Google]
1552.png
211 KB, 347x347
>>69790383
dayum, all that test!
>>
File: gurmless.jpg (209 KB, 1062x506) Image search: [Google]
gurmless.jpg
209 KB, 1062x506
>>69790656
GURM is a hack. He pretends his books are edgy, gritty and genre-deconstructing, but they just follow the cliches straight. Note that no main character (Dany, Tyrion, Jon, Arya) had actually died, against all odds. GURM has no idea what he's doing.
>>
>>69790854
[citation needed]
>>
I liked Dany a lot more when she was with the Khal and shortly after that. Once she became queen of Mereen and all that her character really started going downhill. I'm hoping now that she's apparently queen of the Dothraki that she'll be a little more badass. Though I don't want to listen to her already incredibly long name with some 'khaleesi of all khals' shit at the end.
>>
>>69790854

There were other main characters that have died though. Joffrey, Ned Stark, Ned's wife, the Hound, Khal Drogo and Robb were all major characters. Arya became a major character but didn't start as one, neither was Jon. He got shipped off to the Wall. Also, Jon did die.
>>
>>69791009
Literally this.
She started being humble and crafty, intelligent even.
Then devolved into "le ebin proud queen but not like cersei cerse is so bad xD" that tries to rule a kingdom while being the spoiled child of a lost dinasty of inbred little shits.
>>
Game of Thrones posts go in the /got/ general thread.
>>
File: dany impression.jpg (126 KB, 720x1620) Image search: [Google]
dany impression.jpg
126 KB, 720x1620
>>69791185
It's amazing how alike Cersei Dany is, but while Cersei is mainly hated, Dany is worshiped. Normies just don't have any capacity for critical thinking.
>>
>>69790383
She's hard not to like, she is literally winning GoT, everything is falling into her hands and she has fucking dragons, plus she had a decent Cinderella story
>>
>>69790383
Dany is a feminist character whether you like it or not. Gee, a beautiful female character who gets what she wants, is a rich heir, and has motherfucking dragons all while killing evil slavers and rapists. What's not to like? Of course normies are going to eat that shit up.
>>
>>69790383
I thought frozen was OK, watched it with my 2 year old niece the other day.
>>
>>69791401
>Cinderella story
>literally comes from an Aryan magical royal dynasty which is the only reason anyone gives a shit about her
>>
>>69790854
This, he is nothing special, his books and the tv series are nothing unique. It's a by the numbers piece of shit fantasy story that any kid who grew up playing dungeons and dragons has seen a thousand times. Normies losing their shit over basic shit I lived when I was 15 years old. The success it has gained literally makes me sick
>>
>>69791314

>kelly c

omfg. hilarious.
>>
>>69791314

Beyond her eyebrows, does anyone else think that her body shape is kinda weird? She's kinda stocky because of how short she is. Still pretty attractive, but some of the shots of her are just odd looking.
>>
>>69791401
>everything is falling into her hands and she has fucking dragons, plus she had a decent Cinderella story
If by "Cinderella story" you mean that everyone fights her own battles while she gets all the merit and gives people the image of how powerful and righteous she is, yeah.
>>
>>69791480
>literally comes from an Aryan magical royal dynasty which is the only reason anyone gives a shit about her
In the books maybe, in the tv show she got sold by her brother, raped by genghis khan and burned herself alive
>>
>>69791081
only Ned and catelyn were main characters and Ned for only one book. also Cate, sandor, and Jon will be alive or are still alive. Resurrection obliterates the impact of the death and is a fantasy trope.
>>
>>69791566
You are talking about her road of succession now, Queen doesn't have to do shit, she chills and collects all the merit while her generals and politicians do everything for her
>>
>>69791629
She should if she is trying to be different from every other fucking ruler in Westeros.
>>
File: 1369060843869.jpg (179 KB, 1280x1442) Image search: [Google]
1369060843869.jpg
179 KB, 1280x1442
>>69791558
Dany? she looks like a baby and walks like a fucking duck, it's embarrassing as fuck to watch it and having to pretend she's some mythical beautiful queen.

>>69791569
>In the books maybe

How fucking dense are you? do you think she won all those titles she spouts every time she wants to get something, by the force of her amazing personality? no, everything she has comes literally because she's royalty, including those dragon eggs and non-burning power.
>>
>>69790854
Well yeah, if you kill the main characters, you can't really continue the story from their inner thoughts. The books portray the events from the perspectives of different people, but the narrative being told from these points of view means they will have plot armour for the sake of beimg able to continue the narrative.

Also
>no main characters die
Tywin
Oberyn Martell and his family
Robb fucking Stark
Stannis
Roose

I don't have a problem with Dany's plot armor, but I do have a problem with the way she carries it, i.e she seems ultra smug and even if that's how her character is meant to come off as, I don't derive pleasure from it as the viewer.
>>
File: cute-wat-gif-465[1].gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
cute-wat-gif-465[1].gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>69791709
>no, everything she has comes literally because she's royalty
Nah dog, everything happens to her because it just does, her being some sort of royalty to you has nothing to do with it
>>
>>69791711
>Well yeah, if you kill the main characters, you can't really continue the story from their inner thoughts.

The books add POV characters all the time, and most of them aren't the major game players, but just watchers.

There are only five major characters in ASOIAF: Jon, Dany, Bran, Arya and Tyrion. GURM literally said that he intended them to survive until the end. Others are, at best, semi-major.

Plot armor would be ok if GURM didn't pretend to be deconstructing it with "everyone can die lel" while it's obviously a lie.
>>
File: g225849_u74423_confucius-757900.jpg (163 KB, 377x398) Image search: [Google]
g225849_u74423_confucius-757900.jpg
163 KB, 377x398
She was very clearly meant to be a retread of her father. Do you think that the writers will puss out when it comes time to turn her into the iron fisted Fuhrer of Westeros?
>>
>>69791711
Do you think any of those characters will die anytime soon?

Dany
Tyrion
John
Arya
Bran
Jaime
Cercei
Sansa

Unless it is final season or something, plot armor will cover for those.
>>
>>69790557
I hear "Seven Nation Army" every time I see Sauron now because of The Hobbit
>>
>yfw no matter what dany will be the ruler of 7 kingdoms

I feel kinda sad.
>>
>>69791953
Cersei is liable to get rekt this year senpai

Her prophecy even says she's going to die as soon as Tommen does
>>
>>69791848
Yeah, my main gripe with Game of Thrones/ASOIAF was that the show was extremely rife with medieval politicking and succession shenanigans but it's been turning prertty heavily towards a more standard fantasy plot which is disappointing. It's kind of like watching Da Vinci Code show and loving the politics stuff between the italian cities and hating the actual "main" plot. The thing with Dany's arc that's kinda something that makes it lose it's impact for me is that the whole "Breaker of chains" thing was interesting in the beginning, then got boring until her own freed slaves started revolying against her and the setup got interesting because it wasn't just clear cut good vs. evil with baddies Dany could just have her dragons burn without becoming evil herself, then we get a new Deus Ex machina plot device which resets her back into the "Le beloved liberator" mode without any sactifice on her part.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.