[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheers or Frasier? Everyone knowing your name or tossed salad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: cheers-logo.png (15 KB, 576x228) Image search: [Google]
cheers-logo.png
15 KB, 576x228
Cheers or Frasier?

Everyone knowing your name or tossed salad and scrambled eggs?
>>
>>69784163
High quality posting
>>
>>69783864
Frasier
>dat Nightmare Inn episode
So much laughter was had.
>>
>>69785093
This is the funniest Frasier moment I'd say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvAWUJCjgQE
>>
>>69783864
cheers is certified /comfycore/
>>
>>69783864
Cheers is comfier and while Frasier is probably funnier, it got bad in the last few seasons, so I'm going to have to go with Nightcourt
>>
>>69785270
>Cheers comfier than Frasier
Eat a dick
>>
>>69785123
>>69785270
I've watched a couple of episodes now and it does seem pretty comfy I suppose, but it's not grabbing me like Frasier does. Is it worth looking into the episodes which Frasier is in?
>>
>>69785093

That one is great. My favourite is the episode where Frasier tries to write his own jingle.
>>
>>69783864
I dunno, Cheers without Diane, as much as I didn't like the character, just felt so generic to me. The only standout moments were with Frasier and Lilth. There's only so many times you can go with "hey look at how much pussy Sam is getting, but he's also a joke" or "look at how stupid Woody is!".

Frasier meanwhile is the GOAT live action sitcom. inb4 contrarians that are about to post that Frasier was a better character on Cheers
>>
>>69785521
Lilith was in Cheers? I thought she was just in Frasier
>>
Frasier is the goat sitcom of all time, so obviously Frasier.
>>
>>69785364
I think people say Cheers is comfy because nothing happens
>>
>>69785822
Nope, you see how they first met, their awkward dating period, their cold marriage and Lilth leaving him.

It's pretty funny that you see them reconcile in the final season, but in the Frasier pilot he mentions he left her and ended the marriage for good.
>>
The problem with Cheers is that there are too many really irritating characters.

The only bad characters on Frasier were Daphne's family, and they weren't regulars. Daphne's mum was so annoying and unfunny.
>>
>>69786440
Yeah, that's definitely true. Frasier is just full of genuinely well written characters.
>>
>>69786502
THE MUDPIES COMING
>>
>>69786440
The only bad character on Cheers was Carla. Diane was annoying but that was kind of the point.
>>
The thing that made Frasier successful is that they basically just took all of the tropes from Brit sitcoms and applied them to an American one. Hell, at least two of the cast were Brits themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjrLyWlCrP8
>>
>It's a "Frasier's obsessive perfectionism ruins something that was perfectly fine".-episode.
>>
>>69783864
Seinfeld.
>>
>>69787050
>Every episode
>>
Both shows are fantastic but Cheers is significantly better than Frasier.
>>
>>69787211
That goes without saying.
>>
>>69787211
Why do people circlejerk about it so much?
>>
>>69787353
so if I love Seinfeld will I like Cheers and Frasier?
>>
>>69783864

Cheers was pretty nice overall.

However Frasier was maximum comfort. It's the type of show you could have playing in the background forever... Niles kinda pissed me off a little though...
>>
>>69787597
>Niles kinda pissed me off a little though...

Literally how? He's great. I love how snobby he and Frasier are.
>>
>>69787441
If you like good comedy yeah. Neither is anywhere near Seinfeld, and Cheers has aged a bit, but they're both great shows.
>>
>>69787636
I genuinely don't see what makes people like Seinfeld so much.
>>
>>69787693
Costanza is literally the greatest sitcom character of all time
>>
>>69787789
He's such a clever, nuanced character of course. All those different attributes, like being an asshole, and... Oh.
>>
>>69787693
it's the greatest show of all time.
>>
>>69787829
>clever nuanced character
>implying that matters in a fucking sitcom
>>
>>69788043
The "George Costanza is an asshole" joke can only go on for so long.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 250x250
>>69788063
>>
>>69787249
No,that's maybe half the episodes. The rest are
>"An unfortunate misunderstanding keeps snowballing into something the characters will have to spend the rest of the episode fixing"
>>
>>69785379
isn't he in most of them?
>>
>>69788147
He shows up in the 3rd and 4th seasons for a few episodes and eventually becomes a main cast member.
>>
>>69785270
>>69785364
And
> Frasier went bad in the last few seasons
Did the guy ever see Cheers?
>>
>>69788086
>"I'm in a bunker!"
>"It's like Hitler's Last Days in here!"
>>
When I was younger Cheers, now Frasier. (is there a way to say this without sounding condescending?)
>>
>It's a "Niles perving on Daphne in the most transparent manner imaginable but she's completely oblivious to it"-episode.
>>
>>69788543
No. I know what you mean though.

Cheers is simple and child friendly. Frasier is a bit more grown up and only becomes truly funny when you understand what's going on.

Seinfeld is for edgy teens.
>>
>>69787616

His carrying on about Daphne was a bit much some times and was kinda cringe (he was the friend-zone before friend-zone existed)... although in general he was great, I agree..
>>
Wings!
Wings was actually a SUDO spin off of those two shoes. With cameos from both. I love wings!
>>
>>69783864
not sure, its a close fucking race maybe cheers, so comfy and although the SHOW frasier is hilarious, the CHARACTER frasier was much funnier and likeable in cheers than he was in his own show
>>
>>69786440
>Daphne's mum was so annoying and unfunny.
I hate her so much. I still skip the episodes where she's featured heavily.
>>
>>69788781
Wings was amazing
>>
>>69788764
The friendzone is a very old concept. As far as television goes, Friends referenced it in the 90s.
>>
File: Get To The Point.jpg (98 KB, 625x350) Image search: [Google]
Get To The Point.jpg
98 KB, 625x350
>>69786440
Daphne's family really killed a good chunk of the later seasons

The only truly bad episode is when Daphne's mom gets into the prank war with that retarded kid in the building. Was he some producer's kid or something?
>>
>>69789790
that one was just on TV here
>>
I really liked Frasier's character when he was on Cheers. He starts out as a fish out of water in the bar, who is pretty much on the same level as Diane (except he's actually accomplished), then he ends up getting destroyed by her, finds comfort in the people from her life and ends up being loved more by them than she ever was.
Watching him go off the rails and break through his stuffy facade to have drinks and mishaps with the gang at Cheers was ultimate comfy.

In Frasier he's still amazing, but ends up going full snob mode when he's reunited with Niles and the hob-nobbing Seattle socialites.
>>
File: Really, Nigga?.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Really, Nigga?.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>69785521
>>69790736
called it
>>
>>69787050
> he's like a psychiatrist who's like actually really neurotic
It's the premise of the show
>>
>>69790736
i forgot how much of a smokeshow lillith was
>>
>>69791161
it was a pretty well-supported opinion unlike your non-disagreement
>>
Frasier has higher highs, but i'd rather watch the later seasons of Cheers than the later seasons of Frasier.

The first 5 seasons of both shows are in the absolute top tier though when it comes to sitcoms.
>>
File: frasier.jpg (55 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
frasier.jpg
55 KB, 300x300
>that episode where Frasier and Lilith basically dry hump on live tv
>>
>It's a "Martin gives great advice that goes ignored by everyone"-episode.
>>
Better question - Which has the better theme tune?

Cheers obv
>>
>>69790736

The Niles / Frasier snob-offs are the best part of the fucking show.... ironic as fuck....
>>
>>69783864
Cheers

I literally grew up in a place like that. I can watch it and nostalgia hard.

>tfw it is 40+ years later and every single person I knew, in my childhood, from that place is dead now
>>
>>69791995
Name a better sitcom theme song than Cheers. You literally can't.
>>
I'd rather walk into a bar like Cheers on Karaoke Night and here somebody sing the theme from Frasier, as long as I didn't have to deal with people with a Frasier like personality. Norm and Cliff personalities, I can handle.
>>
Early Frasier > Early Cheers > Mid Cheers > Mid Frasier > Late Cheers > Late Frasier
>>
>>69791161
Early seasons Daphne makes the choice clear.
>>
>>69792224
40? Wow. I bet you're like a construction worker or something equally depressing. Congrats on the great life decisions.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.