[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to write an essay on this film, and I would very much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: MPW-7383.jpg (57 KB, 500x751) Image search: [Google]
MPW-7383.jpg
57 KB, 500x751
I need to write an essay on this film, and I would very much like /tv/'s insight on it.

Care to help a bro out?
>>
>>69782107
Why? This shit is trash and completely surface level deep. Pick something interesting.
>>
>>69782147
I'm not the one who picked it, it was my teacher. Anyway, thanks for the insight, I guess
>>
KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY KILL WHITEY
>>
Just hand in a page that says: Bill did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>69782107
It's about the white man venting his anger at inocent people.

The movie was sold as a way for white male spectators to project themselves into the character, feeling joy at the prospect of being violent against marginalized groups.

After watching the film you realize he surely wasn't the most miserable person in the entire movie, yet he felt entitled to an angry fit.
>>
>>69782835
kek'd
>>
>tfw 200 word essay due next week
>>
>>69783042
Wrong! At first glance you might think it's "White man's burden: the film" but look closer. There's a scene in which a black man who is dressed identically to Bill Foster protests that a bank won't give him a loan, citing that they deem him "not economically viable". The director is telling the audience with his attire that he is in the same boat as Foster, but we also have to consider that Foster probably could get that loan if he made the same request. Still, Foster adopts the mantle and seems himself "not economically viable". The movie isn't about the white man vs the world; it's about the displacement of the rapidly diminishing American middle class. He starts in the poorest neighborhood in Los Angeles and proceeds to the richest (the financial district of miracle mile, the Beverly Hills golf course, the beach) in order to show the audience the greate chasm between the two classes. The film itself is structured like a video game with Foster gaining increasingly more dangerous weapons as the film progresses as if they were power ups. This is to create a building tension that ultimately deflates with his final ineffectual weapon, the transparent neon blue water pistol. The message is clear: his violent crusade was all in vain.
>>
>>69782107
He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>69782107
I'M NOT ECONOMICALLY VIABLE >>69783042
>spic gangbangers who cause collateral damage
>neo-nazi asshole
>innocent
>>
>>69783620
Not to mention this weapons loadout leading to an ineffectual weapon is mirrored by the arms race during the cold war. Dfens was a weapons maker who was laid off after the US decided it no longer needed to create so many weapons. He was left out in the cold due to this. Couple this with the lack of manners nearly everyone in the film shows him and you see that the goody two shoes lifestyle he's been leading since the 60's has also fallen out of favor. Everyone in this film acts like a cunt, even the homeless man who he gives his suitcase willed with lunch to. From the fast food workers acting like smiling smug fucks to the construction workers literally sitting on their ass to gain more money while at the same time slowing down progress. The only group who treats Dfens with any respect is the middle class family who is house sitting behind the golf course. He never wanted to be violent or hateful, the world around him was violent and hateful. This is later reflected back on him as he sees how he did have a temper problem himself while watching the home movies.

The same arc is shown through the cop who is after him. The guy never cusses and obeys his wife, like a goody two shoes would do. People in the office give him shit for not getting with the times.

Basically this movie is a proto "No country for old men"
>>
>>69782107
>I need to write an essay on this film

I assume its a 100 word essay
>>
>>69782107

you are underage and i know your teacher she made me do the same essay like 6 years ago
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.