[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna hate this movie, but I can't. Its just so darn cute.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: amelie.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
amelie.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
I wanna hate this movie, but I can't. Its just so darn cute.
>>
The world needs more Jean-Pierre Jeunet.
>>
I love the soundtrack
>>
Audrey Tautou is a fucking uptight bitch irl. There is nothing she detests more than nice guys.
>>
>>69778953
>being a nice guy
>ever
Not even once
>>
>>69778990
I'm not a nice guy.
But that tells you about what kind of person Audrey Tautou is. She's the ultimate stacy
>>
I would have liked the movie better if she didn't get what she wanted at the end
>>
Still baffles me that the director also directed fucking Alien Resurrection
>>
I like the movie but I hate the fanbase it spawned.
>>
>>69779107
asexuality fits in well with the aims of the Alien franchise.
>>
File: dFtp9.jpg (404 KB, 877x1390) Image search: [Google]
dFtp9.jpg
404 KB, 877x1390
>>69778921
>Jean-Pierre Jeunet
This. A Very Long Engagement, also starring Audrey Tautou, is fucking great as well.

>>69778953
This just makes me love her even more.
>>
>>69779308
What's the Amélie fanbase like?
>>
>>69779417
Girls that try to imitate the character.
>>
>>69779107

Well, Alien Resurrection is pretty. That's pretty much the one thing it's got for it. Well excluding the special effects which are horrendous.
>>
>>69779496
Oh boy I wasn't expecting that. Anyone have experiences with girls that try to imitate Amélie?
>>
>>69779586
No
>>
>>69779586
My gf did this when I first met her. Now she has some kind of anxiety-related personality disorder, and gained a bunch of weight specifically to make herself look like shit to me, so I don't bother her with sexual advances. Probably going to kill myself soon. Conclusion: avoid
>>
>>69779822
Roger that.
>>
>>69778930
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEXYYIiWHIk
>>
>>69778854
>I wanna hate this movie
Fuck off, fedora.
>>
>>69778953
Points for her. "Nice" guys don't deserve to be liked. You're posting on the literal fucking board that proves just how inwardly shitty we are. At least I don't sulk about why I don't get pussy. I know why I don't.
>>
>>69779586
Yes, I had a gf for a while who was into Amelie way too much, but for some reason I never realized it until she said "lets see it". I had never seen the movie but after I did, I probably broke up with her a month later or so. She was clingy and insane and didn't have a real personality. After going through her Amelie phase and our breakup, I think she met a guy who was way into weeb shit so she started dying her hair in colors and wearing cat ears. By the way, she was 25 when we broke up. Now imagine a woman in her late 20s dressing up like an anime character.
>>
File: 1377545173776.jpg (5 KB, 132x148) Image search: [Google]
1377545173776.jpg
5 KB, 132x148
>>69781002
Just because womyn thinking has made its way with you doesn't mean we're all as emasculated as you
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 590x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 590x333
>>69781189
>it's an undesirable, sour grapes motherfucker playing the strong independent fedora don't need no woman episode
>>
>>69781002
>You're posting on the literal fucking board that proves just how inwardly shitty we are

So why are we shitty? Because we can watch movies without checking our facebook every min? Because some of us actually care about rational thinking?

There's no reason behind women disliking nice guys. Just hormones. Women are literally cum dumpsters and you should disregard anything that comes out of their silly mouths
>>
>>69781342
Kek. Sorry tumblrina. Even my hand out-skills you in the only thing you're demanded to be good at
>>
>>69781359
>that fedora as fuck post
Yeah man, there's no good reason why women don't like "nice" guys like you. :^)
>>
this movie tried so fucking hard to be quirky
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 300x290
>>69781418
>they kee proving my thesis correct
>>
>>69781583
>there's no good reason why women don't like "nice" guys like you

That's exactly what i'm saying. And instead of trying to appear less dumb and give a reason to why women dislike nice guys. You resorted to ad hominem like the proud woman you are, congratulation
>>
>>69778854
It's a sweet movie, like sweet as in cute, but ultimately it's just a product of it's time and no one would ever believe this shit anymore.
>>
>>69781624
>thesis

What thesis? Do you honestly believe that everybody cares about sex? Says a lot about you, kek
>>
>>69781636
They do like nice guys, they don't like "nice" guys, in other words white knighting faggots who anyone with half a brain can tell is bitter and angry on the inside. All of my genuinely nice normalfag friends have no trouble getting laid.
>>
>>69781685
>fox and the grapes.jpg
>>
/r9k/ pls go. I really would like to discuss this movie.
>>
>>69781781
Nah. If a guy doesn't show at least one sign of aggressive behavior, women will refuse to have sex with them because their hormones dictates them that
>>
>>69781817
>Maybe if I keep stringing random words together and create an idea that I know something that he doesn't he'll stop proving me wrong
You are sickeningly retarded.
>>
>>69781900
>random words
You have to be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>69781888
Aggressiveness is not contrary to niceness. The fact that you need this explained to you just proves my point further.
>>
>>69781876
No shit
>>
It's a pretty cute film, but it's actually incredibly boring.
I had great memories of it and wanted to rewatch it not too long ago, but boy was it a snoozer!
>>
>>69781817
>if he talks about women in a dismissive behavior, it must only mean that he craves sex with women and is not able to get it! I mean, what could be the alternative? I don't know! i'm not supposed to think about alternatives! i'm not supposed to think at all!
>>
>>69781900
You don't know about the fox and the grapes? He's essentially saying you claim you don't want sex because you can't have any.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes

But that's probably because he doesn't know there are plenty of other ways a legit heterosexual male will not be very interested in sex. (e.g. micropenis, loss of sex drive due to medication, having one of those gastrointestinal stomata things)
>>
>>69782096
I like how she sucks at interacting with people but it annoys me how she still gets what she wants cuz shes cute af
>>
>>69782157
that's a perfect representation of life though
>>
>>69782036
So you agree women wouldn't have sex with someone who isn't aggressive at all? Thanks for confirming that women work solely on hormones and nothing else
>>
Why are you turning Amelie thread of all threads into betas vs feminists fight?
Fuck off.
>>
>>69782254
i would be more remiss if the movie wasn't so terrible
>>
>>69782106
This shit is not dismissiveness. It's bitterness. You whiny little faggot.
>>
>>69782233
Well no, actually nonaggressive men get laid too, albeit less often. It's actually very easy to get laid, and no I'm not talking about prostitution. But you're moving the goalposts. It was you who brought up meekness. I'm talking about niceness. They're two different things.
>>
>>69782233
>>69782106
>>69781888
Fuck off you sad, angry little faggots. I just want to discuss a good movie for once. Holy Christ this board sucks sometimes.
>>
>>69782635
no it sucks all the time

but yeah this thread got out of hand before the movie could be seriously discussed
>>
>>69782678
I just wanted to talk about how its kind of cute but kind of nauseating as well.
>>
>>69782521
whatever you say cumdumpster

>>69782582
>Well no, actually nonaggressive men get laid too

Except they don't. Tell yourself whatever. Suit yourself to any dumb fantasy you want, i'm done talking to the walking cumdumpster
>>
>>69785823
thanks for the (You)
>>
>>69778854
I can. It's pretty fucking shitty.
>>
>>69778854
The movie is shit, OP. It's for 16 year old girls and faggots.

Watch its inspirations instead: The Double Life of Veronique. Truly a masterpiece.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.