[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he was supposed to be the next big Hollywood heartthrob What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
>he was supposed to be the next big Hollywood heartthrob
What happened, /tv/?
>>
>>69775371
He became the Captain.
>>
not being racist but why do all ethiopians and somalians look exactly the same? like aliens?
>>
>>69775371
Good god, why does he look so ugly?
>>
>>69775396
Look at me
Look at me

I'm the OP now
>>
>>69775371
he bought a ferrari with the entire sum of money he got from that movie (didnt put any into savings) and then crashed it a few days later.
pretty sure hes a bum now
>>
>>69775371
He looks like that crackhead from the PJ's.
>>
>>69775446
I read that in his voice omg
>>
File: 1407536171030.png (367 KB, 1024x1407) Image search: [Google]
1407536171030.png
367 KB, 1024x1407
>>69775481
That sounds very familiar.
>>
>he was supposed to be the next big Hollywood heartthrob
No, he wasn't. He was just a minority who got a Oscar nomination so the Academy can be seen progressive, but Hollywood would never make him an A-list. Same thing with that obese chick from 'Precious'
>>
His limo driving business really took off after the Oscars
>>
Who is this? Only know him as a meme.
>>
>>69775371
He eats his Captain Crunch with dirty water you see.
>>
>>69775837
Captain Phillips from his eponymous movie Captain Phillips
>>
>>69775659
it's a meme, you dip
>>
>>69775837
Barkhad Abdi, he was in Captain Philips alongside Tom Hanks. He was paid $65k for his role then he wasted it and went back to work in his brothers store.
>>
>>69775938
>>69775887
Weird, I may have been peripherally aware of that movie, but this is the first time it has actually entered my consciousness. This can be accounted for by my barely paying attention to new movies and it being release before I started coming here.
>>
>>69775938
source? i need to know what he spent is money on
>>
>>69775371

He only got paid $60k and ended up going back to Moghadishu working in his brother's phone shop kek
>>
>>69775401
>not being racist

fuck off reddit
>>
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/04/14/how-went-i-from-war-torn-somalia-to-hollywood---and-blagged-my-w/

Seems like he's doing fine
>>
>>69776052
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/captain-phillips-barkhad-abdi-broke-3208411

It doesn't say what he spent the money on but that 65k was spent before the film was up before the Oscars, his first ever acting wage was gone in months.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.