[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Breaking Bad is a show about an ordinary white American man doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: gusfring.jpg (36 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
gusfring.jpg
36 KB, 650x400
Breaking Bad is a show about an ordinary white American man doing what he has to do to provide for his family, but he's basically the villain. Meanwhile, his "antagonist" is black, rich and successful, and is seen as mild mannered until the white man keeps pushing him and provoking him.

Basically white guy = bad, black guy = good.

Is Vince Gilligan Jewish? This is the exact kind of white genocide promoting nonsense that they're known for.
>>
Here's your reply.
>>
>>69773920
>doing what he has to do to provide for his family
Until he turns down his friends' money, proving that he just likes being important.
>>
>Gus
>Black
you're retarded for many more reasons than this, but I'm lazy
>>
>>69773920
fantastic thread not shitty at all. 8/10
>>
>>69773920
>2016
>being racist

you should go back to 1850's old man
>>
>>69773920
He's South American you absolute fucking moron.
>>
>>69774922
he is black south american
and based
>>
>>69773920
Gus is a Sudaca in the show and a Danish born Italian in real life.
>>
(you)
>>
>>69773920
>an ordinary white American man doing what he has to do to provide for his family

lol
>>
this show is all over the internet you don't even need netflix to watch it you know, you don't have to get your synopsis from /tv/ meme posts
>>
File: IMG_0034 (1).gif (3 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034 (1).gif
3 MB, 355x200
This thread is gay and op is a faggot
>>
>walter white = good guy

This is where the show kinda lost me. You're supposed to be sympathetic towards Walt but by the time he kills Jesse's girlfriend he's lost any sort of moral ground that he had when he was only killing in self defense. And by the end he's murdering Mike for no reason, and fucking everything up with his incompetence, even though he's supposed to be smart.
>>
Gomey (Gomie?) was the only good guy.
>>
>>69775733
>the show called breaking bad
>being lost on it.
>not getting that you're supposed to not feel as sorry for him as he goes macbeth on it.
>>
>>69775733
He didn't kill her, he just didn't help her. He was too focused on helping Jesse
>>
>>69775733
the show never says he's a good guy, what the hell are you talking about
>>
>>69774655

>hispanics can't be black!

I think you'll find that you are the retard here, anon
>>
>>69775994
He moved her, so she drowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGEmFpitjYw
>>
>>69775796
Hank was the hero
>>69776148
His motive wasn't to kill.
On top of that jesse would have been a junky and. Od'ed
>>
>>69775994
What Walter White did was homicide. It might not be first degree murder but at the very least voluntary manslaughter. He stood there and let her die specifically because he wanted her out of the picture.
>>
>>69776222
>because he wanted her out of the picture.
Who didn't?
>>
>>69776222
She was worthless and was gonna use jesse for his money. She wasn't a sympathetic character
>>
>>69773920
Since when was Gus a good guy? I never got that impression. He seemed like a total psycho. A based negro psycho though.
>>
>>69776215
>His motive wasn't to kill.
but she died because of him
>>
>>69773920
not even going to touch on the fact he enlists the help of white supremacists and has a shaved head????
>>
File: x.jpg (25 KB, 732x547) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
25 KB, 732x547
What if I told you the CIA is run by white people and they control all drugs?
>>
Notice how you're the one that made it about race.

Who is the SJW now :^)
>>
>>69777295
That wasn't being argued but he didn't set out to kill her. Lets try not to say she was a victim here
>>
File: 1408487738475.jpg (27 KB, 539x340) Image search: [Google]
1408487738475.jpg
27 KB, 539x340
>>69774655
>>69774922
>>69775463
Why are you autistic retards falling for weak bait?
>>
The only characters in this show who weren't raging assholes and actually likeable were Hank (post season 1 anyway, guy came off as a macho prick at first) and Mike.
>>
>>69774566
He admits at the end he did it because he liked it and was good at it.
>>
>>69773920
Actually Gustavo was always going to kill Walt as the thought he was too wild and power hungry. This is why he is always attempting to groom a replacement for him. This is mentioned multiple times during the show.

If anything the "black man" in the show was seen as relatively soulless. Walt is presented as a man who has given hope and is pushing back, by doing bad things he is actually living his life, not just following the motions.
>>
>>69778509
lies, almost all of them were likeable in some way
>>
>>69775733
The thing that got me was that I never lost that moral high ground when he let her die because she was a junkie. Sure it was a bad thing but it wasn't the tipping point. The show honestly never had a tipping point at all, I always rooted for Walt.
>>
>>69779717
Uhm how did he do that? Didnt he pretty much give walt a carte blanche when Walt was runnin his meth lab at gustavos place?

I saw the show as walt being overly power hungry for his own good. I dont understand why he chose to die in the end, as that doesnt really fit the character he became towards the last few seasons - but whatever.
>>
>>69779981
Walt was always being setup to be murdered with Gale as his replacement. Gale even says that he will miss him when he's "gone". This is why Walt makes Jesse kill him because then he won't be able to be replaced.
>>
>>69780139
And after that gustavo accepts that he got played and even tells walt so, right?

Am i remembering things weirdly? Walt had like an income of 10 Mill a month or somethin with close to 0 risk. why risk throwing that away??
>>
>>69780217
No Gus always attempts to assure Walt that he is in complete control and that Walt is only useful for the purity of his meth and will die soon.

Walt doesn't enjoy being under Gus' thumb because there isn't really any security in making drugs for someone. It wasn't really about the money it was about living, he had just replaced his job in the high school for a job under a laundry cooking meth.
>>
>>69780495
>Walt doesn't enjoy being under Gus' thumb because there isn't really any security in making drugs for someone.

Eh, i didnt get that impression, but to each his own i guess.

Also, whats with showing Gus's whole backstory along with its tragedy if its not supposed to showcase walt being a dick by driving him off the wall?
>>
>>69780639
Gus' backstory is never shown, you only see what is probably his lover die. He was always bad news and is paying Walt 1 million a month, he is producing much more than that worth in product probably like 5% of it. He also specifically tries to get Walt to cook for him when he doesn't want to cook anymore. While the cartel attempts to kill him. Gus tries to get the most out of Walt before letting the cartel kill him but ends up taking out the leadership of cartel.

There ends up being alot of bullshit later on like that kid jesse liked getting killed but needless to say Gus was never a good guy, not even remotely. Walt on the other hand you can somewhat relate to.
>>
>>69773920
>implying this thread isn't made by an sjw trying to make the right look bad
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.