[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life On Mars Was it Kino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 271x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 271x520
Life On Mars

Was it Kino?
>>
Until americans killed it.
>>
Pure kino.

Until the extended happy ending killed it. And americans raped the dead body
>>
TAKE A LOOK AT THE LAW MAN BEATING ON THE WRONG GUY
>>
I'M AVIN OOPS
>>
The only good thing to come out of the BBC this side of the year 2000, special exceptions to maybe 2 or 3 Doctor Who episodes that somehow lucked their way into not being complete shit

Truthfully I even liked Ashes To Ashes, it wasn't nearly as good but their parody version of the 80s was pretty /comfy/
>>
>>69771690
How did it end? I saw the first 2 episodes as a kid and thought it was really interesting but then I forgot about it
>>
>>69777612
>as a kid
>2006 was now ten years ago
Thanks for reminding me, you fuck. I feel old as shit
>>
>>69771690
One of the best shows ever made
>>
>>69777925
>the 90s was 50 years ago
>fuck im old
>>
>>69772266
>extended happy ending
???

>>69777612
last I saw he drives off a roof in his car or something, then nothing - you never find out what happens
>>
EVERYBODY DIES
GENE IS A PSYCHOPOMP
>>
>>69778361
He wakes up from a coma and is disillusioned with modern life so he jumps off the roof of the police station.

He wakes up again in the 70s and hears doctors on the radio after Gene pulls up, he turns the radio off and they drive off together.
>>
>>69778483
oh you have to be fucking kidding me
>>
>>69778712
No, and it plays "somewhere over the rainbow" as it's all happening.
>>
is that the guy from human traffic?
is this show good? I love that movie
>>
>>69778483
>>69778712
>>69778751
The ending really did fucking ruin it in my opinion, especially when rewatching the show. I'd have liked it if there was some more ambiguity to it - if there was some way that Sam actually /had/ travelled back in time whilst in his coma. The whole "purgatory for police officers" story thread is bullshit.

They should've had him wake up in the modern day still, but find some kind of clue that indicates his presence in the 70s - a newspaper clipping about a case he dealt with, or an old police file for Gene Hunt, something like that. He'd still jump off the building, but the final scene either wouldn't happen, or would be wayyyy less happy-go-lucky.
>>
>>69778712
The ending was fantastic, fuck this guy >>69779255 it was perfect and that would have been cheesy.

He knows it wasn't real life but it felt more real than real life to him, so he killed himself. Bleak but good and they managed to make it moving.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.